Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas > Official Boris MD, Markus Schulz & Armin Van Buuren Review...
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Share
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Zombie0729
Supreme tranceaddict



Registered: Oct 2003
Location: .
Official Boris MD, Markus Schulz & Armin Van Buuren Review...

got to the dinner w/ some friends and met a bunch more. RA was actually pretty good but it was better knowing everyone was just in the best mood and super excited for the night. Michelle big ups to you, everything ran smoothly(except for the guy who payed 100$ on the bill)

Got to the club, had some ticket problems, no big deal finally got in and Boris was already on. Really enjoyed his set which included:

***UPDATE*** OFFICIAL TRACKLIST FROM BORIS HIMSELF:
Damian Heck Feat M. Chivers- Morning After
Sjinkes- If You Say (Breaked Up Mix) CDR
Tilt- Twelve
Rouzbeh Delavari- LALALA (Ozgur Can Remix)
Dousk- Lovelasting
White Label CDR
Benz&MD- Mar Del Palata
Cassino & Laben Leaving Panic Behind
Chable & Bonnici- RIDE (King Unique Remix)
White Label CDR
Departure- She Turns CDR
Synergy- Hello Strings (Flash Brothers Remix) CDR
Probspot- Blueberry CDR
White Label
Derek Howell- Happy To Be Sad CDR
Eighties CDR
Jay Wave- Samsara
D:fuse Feat Jes- Living The Dream (Matthew Dekay Remix)
Portishead- Roads (Sultan and Tone Depth Remix)

Then Markus came on around 11:30 and everyone put down their drinks and ran to the floor. First track was a breakbeat trancer w/ a bassline that i was fairly sure almost made the building colapse. The 2nd track was def. my favorite of his set, but it will have to be an ID for now... his set included:


Mike Foyle Presents Statica vs Signal runners - Space Theme Dusk (Mash Up by Mike Foyle)
Above & Beyond - No one on earth(G&D Remix)
Above & Beyond ft. Andy Moor - Air for Life
Oceanlab - Satellite(Markus Schulz Remix)
Markus Schulz, Departure, G&D - Without You Near sung live by Zubin of Departure... sounded awesome and as the song was nearing its end, on came Armin...

Armin had us ready and opened with...:

Synergy - Hello Strings(Flash Bros. Remix) even though Boris had already played it, hehe
Max Graham feat. Jessica Jacobs - I Know you're Gone
Andy Moor - Halcyon(maybe started w/ this?)
Gabriel & Dresden - Arcadia
Blank & Jones - Perfect Silence(E-Craig Remix)
Jonas Steur - Silent Waves
Purple Haze - Adrenaline
Thomas Bronzwaer - Close Horizon
Matthew Dekay vs Prolucters -_ Bad
Leon Boiler pres. Inner Stories - Beyond
Rank 1 - Top Gear
Pulser - Point of Impact (Fracture remix)
The Chamber - Inertia
Armin Van Buuren - Communication Part 3
Solar Stone - Seven Cities(Atlantis remix)

encore:
1st was, Second Sun - Crush(PVD Remix) <--thx michelle
2nd was Armin Vs Tiesto - yet another suburban train

i'll remember more, just need to wake up

Last edited by Zombie0729 on May-31-2005 at 16:21

Old Post May-31-2005 01:44  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Zombie0729 Add Zombie0729 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
sweetcandy girl
Coldharbour addict



Registered: Jun 2004
Location:
Love is in the air No words

I guess I will post my review here...

I am speechless!! I do not even know where to begin my Review for Armin and Markus last night. I just don’t.
Common words like amazing, mind blowing, awesome, danced my ass off, smiling ear to ear.. could easily work here; but there is more it too it then that for me. There is something deeper more, touching, more moving. Maybe being in a state of “ecstasy” with out being “high” will work. And it does.
Last night is one of those nights that I will be talking about for a long time and it is one of those nights that I will never forget!
Markus threw down this set last night that was out of this world. It was all most as good as the first time I saw him back on 9/18/04. I recognized many of the tracks due to my weekly tuning in of the GDJB. But there where a few moments that really stuck out for me.
Above and Beyond vs Andy More- Air for Life. I asked Markus if there would be away he could squeeze this track in to his set at the meet-up. And it was the third track. When I first heard this track on the GDJB I feel in love with it right away. But hearing it live brought me to tears. I know it sounds silly touched me in that way.
Above and Beyond- No one on Earth
Oceanlab- Satellite: I have always loved this Track but last night every one threw their arms in the air, had huge smiles on their faces and where singing to it. WOW! That moved me to tears again. I looked up at Markus and I could tell he was moved by the response he got as well.
Then for the last 2 tracks the male singer of Departure came on and Sang With out you near LIVE!!! OMG when we get to see this again.. I am not sure. That was a very nice special treat.
After the set I ran into Peter( One of the people who brought us spundae) and told him that this was 100000000000 times better then seeing Tiesto! Simply amazing!!
Then Armin comes on and gives the crowd more. Everyone one was eating out the palm of his hands by the end of the night. Everyone was so into it; Happy faces and moving bodies everywhere.
Gone, Blue Fear, Halcyon, Crush… the list goes on and on... for the Tracks he played last night.
WOW!!
There where so many awesome people there last night as well!!! Everyone made the night extra special for me!

I am still on a little cloud right now.. and still moved by the music I heard last night. I wish it did not have to stop.. But at least it will never die.

DOH!!!
How can I forget about Boris MD! DOH! He started the night off just right. I am wondering if he played the new interstate Track last night or not???


___________________
"Music gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination,
a charm to sadness, and life to everything." Plato (427 BC - 347 BC)

Old Post May-31-2005 01:53  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for sweetcandy girl Click here to Send sweetcandy girl a Private Message Visit sweetcandy girl's homepage! Add sweetcandy girl to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zombie0729
Supreme tranceaddict



Registered: Oct 2003
Location: .
Re: No words

quote:
Originally posted by sweetcandy girl
Oceanlab- Satellite: I have always loved this Track but last night every one threw their arms in the air, had huge smiles on their faces and where singing to it.


my friend who couldn't make it out last night asked me how the crowd was, i said:


the crowd was a total trance crowd... i saw a guy w/ 3ft long blonde dreds singing no one on earth and satellite as loud as he could. infact everyone was singing as loud as they could, couldn't ask for a more proactive crowd

Old Post May-31-2005 01:59  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Zombie0729 Add Zombie0729 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
sebby
Always a Tranceaddict



Registered: Apr 2002
Location: LA TA #89 Woodland Hills, CA

It was one of the best nights I've ever had. Just when I was about to give up on the clubbing scene, this Memorial day Weekend made me think twice. After attending Club Heaven and Avalon, my last stop was in San Diego to check out Spundae. Out of the three parties, hands down this one (Spundae) stood out more. It was so full of energy and emotion that I left the club speechless. I parked at the mall and it came out to $42. What a fucking ripoff.

From the guy who threw up at RA Sushi at 9pm, to the shaking of Armin and Markus' hands at the dinner table, and finally attending the event with back-to-back-to-back all out trance performances from Boris MD, Markus and Armin respectively,...it was simply put, one unbeliveable night.

I realize that to get the most fun, you need to kick it with the Tranceaddict crew cuz we most certainly know how to party. Where else do you party on the dance floor than up front next to the stage. The bass was just unbelievably loud that it shook my whole body and vibrated every piece of hair on my body. I even forgot how to breathe for a bit there.

The go-go dancers got so much attention. One guy even offered $100 to put it up her panties. She said hell no, I make 4 times more than that. Then there was this drunken girl who got on stage not once, but twice. They should have kicked her out. She almost ruined my evening by telling me out loud that do you realize that we're listening to the number 3 dj in the world. I wanted to smack her cuz it was Markus that was on the decks at the time, not Armin.

There was also this lesbian cat fight going on as well. Last but not least the general overall crowd was simply great. I enjoyed the vibe throughout. With a little help from L.A., San Diego definitely knows how to party.

Taking the red-eye back home was the worst. All those red bulls made me feel like shit. I woke up at 4:30pm thinking it was Tuesday. That's when I know I had a great weekend. Shout out to all the TA's and their friends. You guys are the best. See you around.


___________________
trance (trans)
1. a state or condition of unconsciousness somewhat like sleep
2. dazed or stunned condition
3. type of music that tingles your mind like no other music.

Old Post May-31-2005 03:41  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for sebby Click here to Send sebby a Private Message Add sebby to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
badboy
tranceaddict



Registered: Dec 2004
Location: LATA #56-San Diego

All I can say is.. I CAN'T QUIT SMILING!!!

I met so many great people. Mad props to all the LA crew for coming down to SD to show us how to party!

Markus and Armin are a deadly duo! Every Thursday, I tune into di.fm trance channel to hear their show. Now, that I got to hear them live, I don't think I can tune in anymore, because I don't want to taint the lovely sounds I heard from last night.

The crowd was amazing! The videos were amazing! The lights were amazing! The sound was amazing! And last, but not least the music was off the hook!!!

The LA TA family is the best. I think I found my new home!!! I just wanna say I am definately gonna visit my new family soon...

Old Post May-31-2005 04:40  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for badboy Click here to Send badboy a Private Message Add badboy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
neinerlove
K.NEINER



Registered: Feb 2005
Location: LATA #70 Lost......Vegas
Love is in the air

All I have to say is this was the best weekend of my life!! I went to Heaven of Friday..Vegas Sat..for Armin.. what a fucking incredible time there! Then Sun in SD! LOts of driving..no sleep..and so worth every single second! I can sleep when im dead!! At 1st I wasn't so sure about the club..4th and B.. Meat market..( come on guys..havent you seen a girl before??) and the security ...a bit cocky... whatevers... I was there for Armin and Markus! This is the 3rd time Ive seen them together like this... each time is better and better...My heart is soaring right now!! *so much love* Seeing so many people from LA was great..I would have to say I am speechless... amazing sets by Armin and Markus..hanging out with them backstage was so unbelivable..(thank you sweetcandy girl..you making my life!!)*hugs n kisses* Sitting on stage ( not drunk girl dancing! ack!) while Armin was spinning was like a kid in the Candy Store! That made my night complete..! CHEEZY SMILE!! I love Armin!! I also got to chat with the Interstate guys..cool... everyone was real.. that makes these things even more special with no dumb egos flying around!! LOTS OF LOVE!! Time to recover!! from the best weekend of my life!! Thank you Faded and Sweetcandy girl for making all this happen!! You guys are the bestest friends in the entire world!!

Old Post May-31-2005 04:50  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for neinerlove Click here to Send neinerlove a Private Message Visit neinerlove's homepage! Add neinerlove to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
bas
Stronger Lover



Registered: Jul 2004
Location: Here I Am Baby

dude! did anyone see that one guy wearing that weird red light heaband thing? he wasn't even freaking out to the beat...he was totally making his own soundtrack

that night was the reason that markus is the only trance dj i'll listen to. lots of energy...great tracks. good times!

that night was also my 1st time seeing armin...gotta say i dont see what the hype is? he was great....but markus > armin

oh lol that singer from departure wasn't even singing, that was a little cheesy...but a great song nonetheless


___________________

Old Post May-31-2005 05:03  Egypt
Click Here to See the Profile for bas Click here to Send bas a Private Message Visit bas's homepage! Add bas to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
CND
Love the Sun



Registered: Nov 2004
Location: San Diego, CA

Thanks to all who put together the event. It was something. Thanks to Armin for making his San Diego debut. Looking forward to seeing you many more times perform for us down here.

Markus Schulz should not be opening for anybody. Something special happens when he is behind the decks. Markus you are welcome here anytime. Loved it much.

Great crowd and fantastic vibe.

Im tired and want to go to bed.

Old Post May-31-2005 05:26  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for CND Click here to Send CND a Private Message Add CND to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
sweetcandy girl
Coldharbour addict



Registered: Jun 2004
Location:

Armin and Markus @ 4th and B- Pictures


___________________
"Music gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination,
a charm to sadness, and life to everything." Plato (427 BC - 347 BC)

Old Post May-31-2005 06:06  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for sweetcandy girl Click here to Send sweetcandy girl a Private Message Visit sweetcandy girl's homepage! Add sweetcandy girl to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Boomer187
Spicy Hotdog



Registered: Aug 2001
Location: USA

wow, i just got back from vegas and I am sooo tired. This was my 3rd time seeing amrkus and armin team up and yea, this was tops....



now I can put more screen names with faces it was great meeting everyone, and hanging out byt the front of the stage. I partied with teh florida TAs and they do the same thing at Space....get about 50 TAs and hang out at the front.


so much fun, hopefully I can make my way back sometime and check out another show, the venue was sweet and the sound was flawless.


and I thought the Hello Strings armin played was a bit different from the one Boris played....although I do believe it might have been the same.


and without you near....soo good, Markus said they are rushing the release of it...so hopefully soon.

Old Post May-31-2005 06:26  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Boomer187 Click here to Send Boomer187 a Private Message Visit Boomer187's homepage! Add Boomer187 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
philippe
100% Pure Melodic Trance



Registered: May 2005
Location: Pasadena, CA
Re: Official Boris MD, Markus Schulz & Armin Van Buuren Review...

quote:
Originally posted by Zombie0729
Synergy - Hello Strings(Flash Bros. Remix) even though Boris had already played it, hehe
Max Graham feat. Jessica Jacobs - I Know you're Gone
Andy Moor - Halcyon(maybe started w/ this?)
Gabriel & Dresden - Arcadia
Blank & Jones - Perfect Silence(E-Craig Remix)
Jonas Steur - Silent Waves
Purple Haze - Adrenaline
Thomas Bronzwaer - Close Horizon
Matthew Dekay vs Prolucters -_ Bad
Leon Boiler pres. Inner Stories - Beyond
Rank 1 - Top Gear
Pulser - Point of Impact (Fracture remix)
The Chamber - Inertia
Armin Van Buuren - Communication Part 3
Solar Stone - Seven Cities(Atlantis remix)

encore:
1st was, Second Sun - Crush(PVD Remix) <--thx michelle
2nd was Armin Vs Tiesto - yet another suburban train

Also in Armin's set:

Mike Foyle vs Signalrunners - Love Theme Dusk
EnMass - CQ
(Lange presents) Firewall - Sincere 2005 (Pulser mix)
Armin Van Buuren - Shivers


___________________
I am no longer active on TranceAddict (as of 2009).

Old Post May-31-2005 06:50  France
Click Here to See the Profile for philippe Click here to Send philippe a Private Message Visit philippe's homepage! Add philippe to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
tk422
Senior tranceaddict



Registered: May 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Had an awesome, time, Boris wasnt a bad intro dj at all, Markus was just plain sick and Armin threw down the best set I have heard him throw in a long time.

Man someone please tell me they recorded those sets.

Major props to both them showing to the meetup. Armin even said they had just gotten off the plane so very very cool.

To everyone, great meeting you all it was a blast cant wait to do it again.

Michelle, yes I am that crazy and crazier sometimes


Boomer,
good to see you again...But Dont mess with the jesus


Man that night just freaking rocked.

Old Post May-31-2005 06:59  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for tk422 Click here to Send tk422 a Private Message Add tk422 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas > Official Boris MD, Markus Schulz & Armin Van Buuren Review...
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackIan van Dahl- will i (unknown mix) [2004] [8]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackProgress Presents The Boy Wunda - "Everybody" [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread
Forum Jump:

All times are GMT. The time now is 12:04.

Forum Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is ON
vB code is ON
[IMG] code is ON
 
Search this Thread:

 
Contact Us - return to tranceaddict

Powered by: Trance Music & vBulletin Forums
Copyright ©2000-2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Privacy Statement / DMCA
Support TA!