|
Im going to talk about my personal experience with trance music. Maybe i can express in a better way what is what im looking for and why i am talking about practical exampes (files).
I studied music since i was 9.
Then i studied production and sound desing. I've dedicated a lot of time to music. After i got graduated and thanks to the networking i build on my university i begin to work producing electronic music for differents companies, tv advertising ,tv programs, Radio, movies, friends and for my band. Most of this network was based on Hip hop/gfunk/nubreaks enviroment. Which was very far away from trance music. Then 3 years ago i became a huge fan of trance music. I stoped producing any other style of music. composing trance music has became my obssesion. on that time i have my recording studio, my synths and a new toy, a Virus TI, so i thought composing trance was going to be as complex as composing any other style i've composed before. I was very far away from that. I found trance very complicated to make it sound strong, like Ronsky Speed, Analog fell, above & beyond, blank and jones , etc. I can desing amazing sounds for trance, make a really good bass and a fresh lead,a good sequence and build ups. but when everything is mixed the track is good musically but sonicly is not trance. I am not use to the EQs, Compressors, reverbs and gates settings and configurations for trance fx and mastering. So at the end of the story the track is good but is taking a long time for me to experiment about the final general sound of the track. I tried to get involved into the theory, but i cant find any book, enciclopedy, Course, tutorial, etc, based on trance music composition and mix. It is plenty of crap about blues, jazz, pop, hip hop, rock, but not trance. The only thing i found was a DVD released "The trance experience" Fassbender’s release. But not much more information. The global sound of the track in trance music is essential. Your track sounds strong and punchy or not. I know about many books talking about whats trance and where does it came from, but not about orchestation, arranging, composing, FX, mixing and mastering trance productions.
Ahh yes,also this magazine, Computer music, has a "trance tuttorial" 1,2,3. A really basic and almost useless tuttorial. Thats all the information i know is available. For example, if you need to produce hip hop, you know what kinds of frecuencies you need to use in the bass line and the kick and what kind of compressor and eq differents settings you need to use to get "that" punch. I know trance music has this kind of thing too.
2 questions:
Do you know any other source of information about trance? books, web pages, tuttorials, dvds, universities, courses, etc?
Whats your favorite trance sound library or patches sample cd?
Thanks a lot!
Gio.
|