Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > Output :( :( :(
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
CarS
Supreme tranceaddict

Output :( :( :(

That said, here's why I can't help but think the Fonzi moment's arrived for Output.
(all more or less random thoughts that simply kept popping up last night)

You walk in, oh, new entrance hall layout, interesting.
(not judging that just yet, tbd)

Once inside, at first same thing.
But then you wonder about this being a Carl Cox Wed, and shesh, NO LINE at all outside at 12:15?
Full inside, but plenty of room to dance, weird...
Nvr. really changed all night.
So well attended in fact, P-room wasn't even open, even though it was supposed to be.

Ok, moving in further, heading upstairs to my personal spot ( )
Oh nice, that new red halogen light you already came to dislike a lot on Sunday, still there, this is for keeps.
so that spot's been killed.

But there's a reason they added those lights to the upper left balcony:

"Output is open to anyone, but is not for everyone. Output welcomes individuals who value the communal experience of music over cameras and bottle service."

Remember that one?
Well now.

Just as I'm over that spotlight feel up front there:
hey, that's a weird spot for a rope.
And bouncer guarded too.
So, front left alcove is now VIP interesting.
(Closed til 2:30)

And the smell!
When was the last time you smelled any tree in output, let alone pretty constantly?

Right there in front of the VIP area (and elsewhere) SOO open, no peep from any of the security.
Ditto the smoking.

So there you have it.
Should've written it last night, when thoughts were fresher, but shark time IMO.

No need to come up with any excuses, or oh-it's-a-one-off, or they have to adapt.
That may all be true, but not the point.

The old Output just didn't do that.
(set things straight: I'm not complaining about the tree, but if yours truly gets kicked out for maybe having done that on the roof, but people right by VIP inside don't get the boot when it's about as blatant as can be, well....)

Of course the crowd last night in general matched up to my comments.
Not a terrible crowd at all, with the less than sardine can fill it wouldn't have mattered, but it had that City feel if you know what I mean.

About the only bonus to that is, better mix, eye candy, you name it, def. won't see pics like for Diggers at Verboten.

You don't get pictures like that Digger crowd at Pacha or Marquee Saturdays or Space Ib. either, so what does that really maan?

One of these photogenics (no question there) provided the icing for me:

after a little chitchat I was informed that she really liked the place, it was her second time there.
Oh nice, what was your first one?

Skrillex

Q.E.D.

[lest you think I had a bad time after all this, see CC thread]

Old Post Oct-31-2014 04:21  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for CarS Click here to Send CarS a Private Message Add CarS to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Neonbeats
Supreme tranceaddict

they had vip tables in the past for random parties, this is nothing new

Old Post Oct-31-2014 04:26  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Neonbeats Click here to Send Neonbeats a Private Message Add Neonbeats to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
diabloargentino
Supreme tranceaddict

honestly, i just love your fonzi jump the shark reference.

relevant:

Old Post Oct-31-2014 14:16  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for diabloargentino Click here to Send diabloargentino a Private Message Add diabloargentino to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
EarnYourKeep
LOSO x HOV

the way you put your thoughts down and in the logical manner that you do

annoys the shit out of me

sorry just had to say it

the trees was probably me

Old Post Oct-31-2014 15:01 
Click Here to See the Profile for EarnYourKeep Click Here to Email EarnYourKeep Click here to Send EarnYourKeep a Private Message Visit EarnYourKeep's homepage! Add EarnYourKeep to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
kingchinc
Captain Closer

I have to agree, its very hard to read. Prose before hoes.

Old Post Oct-31-2014 15:05  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for kingchinc Click here to Send kingchinc a Private Message Add kingchinc to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
xMxDxMxAx
tranceaddict

i agree with the both of you... not that its bad, its just really strange

Where are you from dude? lol

Old Post Oct-31-2014 15:59  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for xMxDxMxAx Click here to Send xMxDxMxAx a Private Message Add xMxDxMxAx to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
OrangestO
less phone, more dance

I've always thought that when reading Cars' posts, too.

Cool guy, just hard to decipher wtf he's trying to say sometimes lol.

Old Post Oct-31-2014 16:55 
Click Here to See the Profile for OrangestO Click here to Send OrangestO a Private Message Add OrangestO to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
djnoonstar
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Neonbeats
they had vip tables in the past for random parties, this is nothing new

This.

Just hope its not permanent.

Old Post Oct-31-2014 16:56  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for djnoonstar Click here to Send djnoonstar a Private Message Add djnoonstar to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
EarnYourKeep
LOSO x HOV

honestly for all that whining, it was really only 1 cubby / rounded booth area with no view of anything tucked away in the corner

it wasn't like mansion in miami or the griffin in MPD where VIP is in the middle of the dancefloor

if you really want to gripe about something, at least talk about the people who 'dance so hard' that they sweat through their shirts, that shits bothers me when people walk by and the back of their shirts leave my arm or sleeve completely wet - you're in a club my dude, this isn't aerobics at NYSC or a crossfit session

Old Post Oct-31-2014 17:18 
Click Here to See the Profile for EarnYourKeep Click Here to Email EarnYourKeep Click here to Send EarnYourKeep a Private Message Visit EarnYourKeep's homepage! Add EarnYourKeep to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
mmarino137
tranceaddict

There was no line outside at 12:15PM? There was at 9:45, ha! And last time he played, I'm pretty sure they kept a line outside the entire night at least half way down the block.

Old Post Oct-31-2014 17:46  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for mmarino137 Click here to Send mmarino137 a Private Message Add mmarino137 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
EarnYourKeep
LOSO x HOV

no line, i was a bit worried as I was finishing off the world series so I got there just before 12 and there were maybe 5 or 6 people infront of me, virtually walked right in no problems

Old Post Oct-31-2014 17:54 
OrangestO
less phone, more dance

quote:
Originally posted by EarnYourKeep
if you really want to gripe about something, at least talk about the people who 'dance so hard' that they sweat through their shirts, that shits bothers me when people walk by and the back of their shirts leave my arm or sleeve completely wet - you're in a club my dude, this isn't aerobics at NYSC or a crossfit session

Someone dancing and sweating is a gripe? Fuck me.

Old Post Oct-31-2014 19:16 
Click Here to See the Profile for OrangestO Click here to Send OrangestO a Private Message Add OrangestO to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > Output :( :( :(
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread