Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
tranceaddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > When you find out your SO is not the person you thought they were
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Silky Johnson
Reach for the sky, Honky!

Read This! When you find out your SO is not the person you thought they were

I watch a lot of shows like Dateline, Mystery Detectives (lol worst crime show title ever), etc., and one thing I've learned is that it's scary the way people can be so deceptive. What's more, how their partners can be so clueless about it! I just don't buy it!

I mean, if you watch these shows about total psychos - liars, manipulators, etc., you realize that the real dummies are the people who shack up with them - because it's so BLATANTLY OBVIOUS that these people are insane. It's hard to see them as victims.

What do you think? Do people really know when their SO is a goddamn lying psycho? Do they just ignore it because they are in love? Is it a protective thing?

Or are people really just that stupid?

edit: this doesn't even cover all those cheaters on Ashley Madison, or the weirdos on Craigslist, lol.

Last edited by Silky Johnson on Apr-18-2014 at 19:06

Old Post Apr-18-2014 18:42 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dykes_on_Jay
Yellow is the new black.

Hindsight et al.

Old Post Apr-18-2014 19:43  China
Click Here to See the Profile for Dykes_on_Jay Click here to Send Dykes_on_Jay a Private Message Visit Dykes_on_Jay's homepage! Add Dykes_on_Jay to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
AlphaStarred
-__---__-_-_-_-----_

So you've come to the realization that your SO is a psychopath?

I know a girl my age who's been in an 8-year long relationship with someone who she realized is a psychopath, in retrospect. Supposedly it also may have been the trigger to her psychosis/BP diagnosis.

Get out while you can if you're having serious misgivings.

Post-apocalyptic Wasteland
Up her Acid

Old Post Apr-18-2014 20:19  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for AlphaStarred Click here to Send AlphaStarred a Private Message Add AlphaStarred to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Vivid Boy
TA's GodFather

Jenny we are all here for you if you ever need to talk.

Old Post Apr-18-2014 20:25 
Click Here to See the Profile for Vivid Boy Click here to Send Vivid Boy a Private Message Add Vivid Boy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson

Lol thanks.

And what about double lifers? I love reading Craigslist personals, simply because of all the weird shit people are into, and I often think that those postings could be someone I know or work with, a neighbour, etc.

It's just fuckin bizarre that people can keep stuff like that from people close to them. How does a person not know?

A chick work with told me about catching her husband cheating, but as she shared her story it was obvious the signs were there from the beginning, but she chose to ignore them.

The ego is fuckin stupid. Retrospect my ass.

Old Post Apr-18-2014 20:31 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Vivid Boy
TA's GodFather

I think also some people get scared as coming off as the psycho gf so they ignore their gut instincts.

Old Post Apr-18-2014 20:37 
Click Here to See the Profile for Vivid Boy Click here to Send Vivid Boy a Private Message Add Vivid Boy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson

I agree about ignoring gut instincts, but the rest doesn't make sense lol.

edit: no no, my bad. I get it now. Yeah maybe. Still stupid.

Old Post Apr-18-2014 20:38 
chris1011
Beep-Beep-Beep

People are just dumb. When the aliens come I hope they wipe us from the face of the earth.

Old Post Apr-18-2014 21:16  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for chris1011 Click here to Send chris1011 a Private Message Add chris1011 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson

All of us?

Old Post Apr-18-2014 21:34 
Intellekshual
tranceaddict in training

I think it has almost everything to do with the fear of being alone, and being so attached to the person despite it being obvious that they're the wrong person for you. Attachment is the source of all human misery. So they'd rather stick around rather than being alone, ignore all the red flags and their intuition, which is dumb as fuck, but that's most people for you. They seem to be gluttons for misery and mistreatment.

Old Post Apr-18-2014 22:13  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Intellekshual Click here to Send Intellekshual a Private Message Add Intellekshual to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson

Not to make this thread about Jodi Arias, but look at her. She was a blatant stage 5 clinging psycho...but I can see why she felt driven to kill her bf. There is no way he didn't realize it from the start and just strung her along because of how pathetically obsessed she was with him. I'm sure he had total control over her and that had to make his ego feel pretty good. Men love psychotic bitches. They always deny it, but history (and HLN, lololol) proves otherwise!

Old Post Apr-18-2014 22:25 
chris1011
Beep-Beep-Beep

quote:
Originally posted by Silky Johnson
All of us?

You first!

Old Post Apr-18-2014 22:46  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for chris1011 Click here to Send chris1011 a Private Message Add chris1011 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

tranceaddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > When you find out your SO is not the person you thought they were
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (8): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread