Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > The Supreme Court Ruled Tuesday....
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Dj Skez
Senior tranceaddict

Angry The Supreme Court Ruled Tuesday....

Watch the video, it will explain about the ruling made today. This is very serious and a lot of Americans are going to feel like their privacy is being violated in many ways. What are your thoughts?

Old Post Feb-26-2014 19:47  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Dj Skez Click here to Send Dj Skez a Private Message Add Dj Skez to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Spacey Orange
Underachievement Unlocked

Bad news indeed. Under this ruling, as i understand it, cops can pretty much barge into any place, find something illegal, and then seek approval of a co-tenant to justify the initial illegal warrantless search. Previously, any evidence could have been excludable.

Still up:1:2

Down:3:4:5

Old Post Feb-27-2014 04:40 
Click Here to See the Profile for Spacey Orange Click here to Send Spacey Orange a Private Message Add Spacey Orange to your buddy list Spacey Orange is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
pkcRAISTLIN
arbiter's chief minion

so you don't understand it then.

Old Post Feb-27-2014 06:42  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for pkcRAISTLIN Click here to Send pkcRAISTLIN a Private Message Add pkcRAISTLIN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Psyshell
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Spacey Orange
Bad news indeed. Under this ruling, as i understand it, cops can pretty much barge into any place, find something illegal, and then seek approval of a co-tenant to justify the initial illegal warrantless search. Previously, any evidence could have been excludable.

Where are you getting that from? AFAIK the law in most countries is that in multi person dwellings the right to reject people entering trumps a person's right to allow them in so any person in a share household can veto anyone coming in. It appears they've changed that law to make an exception for police so that now if any one person allows them in they're allowed in.

I don't really understand the part about an occupant objecting to a search if they're not at home though. Doesn't that mean the cops can search any house that isn't guarded by occupants 24/7?

Old Post Feb-27-2014 09:00  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Psyshell Click here to Send Psyshell a Private Message Add Psyshell to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
Ambient Produce Unit

You'd better start hiding your stash more thoroughly.

> This Is Not Berghain [Acid/Techno]
> BMC DJ Competition [Drum & Bass]
> Human Revolution [Theme Challenge Mix]
> Somnamdublism [Dub Techno]

>>Absorb. [Fortnightly Radio Show]<<

Absorb.

Old Post Feb-27-2014 09:13  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list SYSTEM-J is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Spacey Orange
Underachievement Unlocked

Still up:1:2

Down:3:4:5

Old Post Feb-28-2014 05:52 
Click Here to See the Profile for Spacey Orange Click here to Send Spacey Orange a Private Message Add Spacey Orange to your buddy list Spacey Orange is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lagrangian
Senior tranceaddict

Location: S.J , CA, USA, Gaia, Third planet from the Sun, Milky Way

I have a bigger problem with Judicial Activism. Moreover, Warrantless searches without a modicum of evidence, much less suspicion of wrongdoing IS UNCONSTITUTIONAL. The duties of the National Security Agency is within the statutory boundaries of NATIONAL SECURITY, therefore CONSTITUTIONAL.

http://www.harvardlawreview.org/issues/127/february14/Article_9562.php

Last edited by Lagrangian on Mar-02-2014 at 06:16

Old Post Mar-02-2014 06:09  France
Click Here to See the Profile for Lagrangian Click here to Send Lagrangian a Private Message Add Lagrangian to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lagrangian
Senior tranceaddict

Location: S.J , CA, USA, Gaia, Third planet from the Sun, Milky Way

"Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between Man & his God, that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship, that the legitimate powers of government reach actions only, & not opinions, I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should "make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof," thus building a wall of separation between Church & State. Adhering to this expression of the supreme will of the nation in behalf of the rights of conscience, I shall see with sincere satisfaction the progress of those sentiments which tend to restore to man all his natural rights, convinced he has no natural right in opposition to his social duties.
I reciprocate your kind prayers for the protection & blessing of the common father and creator of man, and tender you for yourselves & your religious association, assurances of my high respect & esteem." - Jefferson's Letter to the Danbury Baptists."

http://www.theguardian.com/world/20...itutional-judge

Old Post Mar-02-2014 06:20  France
Click Here to See the Profile for Lagrangian Click here to Send Lagrangian a Private Message Add Lagrangian to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > The Supreme Court Ruled Tuesday....
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread