Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
tranceaddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Montreal > Farina at Stereo soon please?
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
spiderpig
Senior tranceaddict

Farina at Stereo soon please?

Anyone have any hints as to when Mark is coming back to Montreal? It's almost a year now since he's been right?

Old Post Mar-16-2012 15:52  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for spiderpig Click here to Send spiderpig a Private Message Add spiderpig to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
otown Matt
tranceaddict

OMG OMG, thank you for starting this tread!

Last time was last April, and god it was a stellar night! ...

PLEASE STEREO book him soon!!!!!

I even went as far as emailing the contact email on markfarina.net asking about Canadian gigs for 2012 ... someone actually wrote back and said Canada is on their radar for 2012, i just hope it isn't just Van and TO.

FARINA for a good 6 hrs in ((( ))) is always a good time!!!

Old Post Mar-16-2012 18:48  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for otown Matt Click here to Send otown Matt a Private Message Add otown Matt to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Spin Laden
Nick Vachon approved

+1

Once I took a piss in front of everybody at Stereo. Put the garbage under the mixer, and did it right there while people were dancing and screaming. people thought I was playing with the mixer but I was playing with my zizi.

quote:
Originally posted by Enjoy
a classic from the aria days:
me: are you on TA?
girl: uhhhh... im on speed

Old Post Mar-16-2012 19:26  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Spin Laden Click here to Send Spin Laden a Private Message Add Spin Laden to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
The Highroller
ad hoc and ad lib

+10

Farina is probably the only DJ who has never moved from my top 3 spot over the years. He's consistent, talented, and has a unique sound that no one else plays. I haven't had the pleasure of hearing him at Stereo yet, but the next time he's in town, I certainly hope I can make it.

Old Post Mar-17-2012 02:40 
Click Here to See the Profile for The Highroller Click here to Send The Highroller a Private Message Add The Highroller to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
WittyHandle
Supreme tranceaddict

Here's the recording of his set here in Vermont the night before he played Stereo last time. Some friends who saw him in MTL said he played very similar, so it should be good for anyone who went who wants to relive it.

Part 2 http://www.mediafire.com/?5rni25khfm6fvnb

Part 3 http://www.mediafire.com/?5488500d9e4qqsb

Part 1 was the opening DJ.

Old Post Mar-17-2012 04:12  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for WittyHandle Click here to Send WittyHandle a Private Message Add WittyHandle to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Spin Laden
Nick Vachon approved

nice share, thanks

Once I took a piss in front of everybody at Stereo. Put the garbage under the mixer, and did it right there while people were dancing and screaming. people thought I was playing with the mixer but I was playing with my zizi.

quote:
Originally posted by Enjoy
a classic from the aria days:
me: are you on TA?
girl: uhhhh... im on speed

Old Post Mar-18-2012 00:16  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Spin Laden Click here to Send Spin Laden a Private Message Add Spin Laden to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
otown Matt
tranceaddict

bad news guys. after speaking to someone who works for Stereo this past Sunday morning (at Vibe), the likelihood of Farina getting booked at Stereo is slim to none. I was told, and unfortunately it does make sense, that the new generation of kids at Stereo don't give a shit about this type of booking. Whether it would be Farina, Heather, Carter, it doesn't matter, they don't like that sound. Farina's last visit didn't draw a big crowd at all (which means they probably lost money), and as such, I don't think Farina will be booked at Stereo.

And judging from the limited response on this board to this thread, it looks like there are only 4 or 5 TA's that would go anywayz.

Sucks, but changing times means old skool househeads are the only ones who want to see Farina anymore.

I was kinda devastated when I heard this

Old Post Mar-19-2012 12:28  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for otown Matt Click here to Send otown Matt a Private Message Add otown Matt to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Marcus007
marrrrkeeesssss

why dont they book him in a smaller venue?

Old Post Mar-19-2012 18:21  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Marcus007 Click Here to Email Marcus007 Click here to Send Marcus007 a Private Message Add Marcus007 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ostrich
13percent.ca

farina's beats + alcohol = win

04.03 | Daome w/ Shed & Deadbeat
04.18 | Stereo w/ Matthew Dekay
05.01 | Salon Daomé
05.17 | Stereo w / Sven Vath
05.18 | Piknic Electronik
05.18 | Le Bleury

Old Post Mar-19-2012 19:45  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for ostrich Click here to Send ostrich a Private Message Visit ostrich's homepage! Add ostrich to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Marcus007
marrrrkeeesssss

exactly, im sure hell fit in great at a club

Old Post Mar-19-2012 20:04  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Marcus007 Click Here to Email Marcus007 Click here to Send Marcus007 a Private Message Add Marcus007 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
corjay9
Chief Executive Ocifer

I went to see him last time he was booked, and he played some great stuff.. big room techno with jazzy brass sounds layered on top.. very good night of music. He's more of a saturday booking IMO, I don't see why the saturday crowd wouldn't fill it up for Farina.

Old Post Mar-19-2012 20:42  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for corjay9 Click here to Send corjay9 a Private Message Add corjay9 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
billyboy
Junior tranceaddict

Agree with that. Book Farina on a Jazz fest saturday and repeat it every year with a dj that's in to doing a different set once a year, deep/jazz? with tourist in Mtl you should be able to attract a fair crowd till at least 06h00am ? or do a 4th of july special party ?

Old Post Mar-19-2012 21:22  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for billyboy Click here to Send billyboy a Private Message Add billyboy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

tranceaddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Montreal > Farina at Stereo soon please?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread