Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
tranceaddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Music Producers Promotion > TA Allstars track done now
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Richard Butler
Supreme tranceaddict

TA Allstars track done now

I've done all I can, hopefully it's mixed ok now and ready to send off to Raphie.

Raphie, this is merely slammed into a freeware limiter but I quite like the way it pumps, maybe you can aim for this feel in your mastered version. I'll remind you in the text document I send over.

Last edited by Richard Butler on Mar-16-2012 at 23:46

Old Post Feb-25-2012 00:33  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Butler Click here to Send Richard Butler a Private Message Add Richard Butler to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
TranceLover007
DariusX

I'm on it on SC right now, I was a bit confuse as SC show this as "uploaded a new track" but 23 days ago lol - did you replace your old one?

Cheers Richard,

Darek

SoundCloud

MySpace

Facebook

DariusX Page

Old Post Feb-25-2012 00:39  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for TranceLover007 Click here to Send TranceLover007 a Private Message Visit TranceLover007's homepage! Add TranceLover007 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
TranceLover007
DariusX

Will leave my comments on SC if you don't mind, like it so far man, what a change. Is this for our compilation set?

Cheers,

Darek

SoundCloud

MySpace

Facebook

DariusX Page

Old Post Feb-25-2012 00:47  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for TranceLover007 Click here to Send TranceLover007 a Private Message Visit TranceLover007's homepage! Add TranceLover007 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
mathieu
Supreme tranceaddict

Good track, I like the vibe, I find it pretty In Search Of Sunrise-ish!

Here's my critique now: I don't like the snare that's pushed forward, I think it clashed with the kick transient and I feel like it sounds like a flam everytime the snare hits. So, id like to hear a snare that has a duller transient. Also that 1 snare hit that happens in the intro and carries on in the track annoys me in the same way, it always sounds like a flam and i like when the snare and kick really gel. I think the snares are well placed, just that you use the wrong sound, needs something with a duller transient that gels with the kick.

Also I feel like the last 4 bars before the 1st break are too much, it feels like its going to drop but then it keeps going for 4 bars and then drops but i feel like the last 4 bars dont add pressure and just make the break release less tension.

Also I love the 2nd break, why not keep one of the elements that play in the break like the guitar-y sound when the beat comes back in.

This is all IMO of course, hope it gives perspective

Old Post Feb-25-2012 01:41  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for mathieu Click here to Send mathieu a Private Message Add mathieu to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
EddieZilker
This is the dance.

Rhythmically, on the second drop, I'm hearing a lot of clashing that doesn't sound right but overall, I'm kind of digging the tune.

Now with extra singles!
my old stuff, not quite up to snuff - but I still dig it - UPDATED 9/23/2012

Old Post Feb-25-2012 02:57  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for EddieZilker Click here to Send EddieZilker a Private Message Visit EddieZilker's homepage! Add EddieZilker to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Julz
Supreme tranceaddict

Do i hear requiem for a dream in the breakdown? :P

I think you got too many perc's and clicks before the breakdown.
And bass isnt driving me.

But i like the melody, great sound and like where this could go.

Not a fan of the FX thou

Old Post Feb-25-2012 10:59  Slovakia
Click Here to See the Profile for Julz Click here to Send Julz a Private Message Add Julz to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Raphie
Mr. Incredible

I WANT THIS ON THERE!

Old Post Feb-25-2012 14:29  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Raphie Click here to Send Raphie a Private Message Visit Raphie's homepage! Add Raphie to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Richard Butler
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Julz

And bass isnt driving me.

Thx everyone for the advice, I'm on it.

This one I wanted to look at right now - any example of a track with a bass you think could be better?

One thing with me though, I don't really do big wall of sound rolling trance bass as for my ears, that wall of sound thing is too fatiguing. I tend not too like much higher freqs in bass when the track is busy like this.

Or is my bass ok sound wise, but maybe too quiet or something?

Old Post Feb-25-2012 23:49  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Butler Click here to Send Richard Butler a Private Message Add Richard Butler to your buddy list Richard Butler is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Julz
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Butler
Thx everyone for the advice, I'm on it.

This one I wanted to look at right now - any example of a track with a bass you think could be better?

One thing with me though, I don't really do big wall of sound rolling trance bass as for my ears, that wall of sound thing is too fatiguing. I tend not too like much higher freqs in bass when the track is busy like this.

Or is my bass ok sound wise, but maybe too quiet or something?

Its missing the low end to me and sound abit static. Maybe add some swing?
But I love rolling bass lines soo maybe this just personal preference.

I'd make a bass simmular to this thou

Old Post Feb-26-2012 00:00  Slovakia
Click Here to See the Profile for Julz Click here to Send Julz a Private Message Add Julz to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Evolve140
Only Sidechaining a Bit

It's cool man but has some odd clicking...

Old Post Feb-27-2012 00:30  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Evolve140 Click here to Send Evolve140 a Private Message Add Evolve140 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trancelover03591
Trained tranceaddict

This really reminds me of something I have heard before. I don't know if it was a previous version you made but I thought I heard this on something before.

Old Post Feb-27-2012 04:32  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for Trancelover03591 Click here to Send Trancelover03591 a Private Message Add Trancelover03591 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Richard Butler
Supreme tranceaddict

So I've updated it a lot, added all sorts, tried to get bass more pounding etc.

No mastering.

Early intro is boring, need to to fix that. Track gets going around 1.15 really. Also need to do a forensic mix session.

Any thoughts, want to get this right for the TA unicorn ride.

Old Post Mar-04-2012 23:42  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Butler Click here to Send Richard Butler a Private Message Add Richard Butler to your buddy list Richard Butler is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

tranceaddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Music Producers Promotion > TA Allstars track done now
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread