Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > Winter Music Conference 2012 / Miami Music Week 2012 > Transportation options?
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Excite
TA4Life

Transportation options?

My hotel is in the SOBE area. I'm currently weighing the costs/benefits of cabs/buses/and bikes. Within SOBE bikes and walking are probably the best. but what about getting to and from downtown?

whats the cost of cab rides from SOBE to Downtown? anyone have experience with the bus service?

Old Post Mar-03-2012 21:27  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Excite Click Here to Email Excite Click here to Send Excite a Private Message Add Excite to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
soham
Junior tranceaddict

$25 for a pass of bus for the week

Old Post Mar-03-2012 23:01  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for soham Click here to Send soham a Private Message Add soham to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
FloatAway1231
Junior tranceaddict

25-35 for a cab ride from sb to downtown usually.

Old Post Mar-04-2012 00:15  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for FloatAway1231 Click here to Send FloatAway1231 a Private Message Add FloatAway1231 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ravracer16
Supreme tranceaddict

If you are going with a group, splitting a cab to downtown may be the best bet. Although, the past couple of years if you try to get a cab from SoBe to Downtown during the hours of 3-5pm, it's almost next to impossible the days of Ultra. And if you manage to get one the cabs refuse to go to that area because its so rammed pack.

I also find the bus from Miami Airport to SoBe to be awesome. It's like $2.00 or something like that, takes the same amount of time to get to SoBe and it saves you around $30 in cab fare.

Edit: It's $2.35 now.

Last edited by ravracer16 on Mar-04-2012 at 17:59

Old Post Mar-04-2012 16:34  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for ravracer16 Click here to Send ravracer16 a Private Message Add ravracer16 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
suntrancin
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by ravracer16
I also find the bus from Miami Airport to SoBe to be awesome. It's like $2.00 or something like that, takes the same amount of time to get to SoBe and it saves you around $30 in cab fare.

Totally agree! Definitely take the airport flyer if you're going to and from the airport. You save quite a bit and almost the same time. Last time I took a cab going back to the airport, really left a sour taste in my mouth; rude service from the cab driver. Won't be ever doing that again!

Anyway, here's the route map for it:
http://www.miamidade.gov/transit/library/routes/150.pdf

Old Post Mar-04-2012 17:21  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for suntrancin Click here to Send suntrancin a Private Message Add suntrancin to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Excite
TA4Life

Thanks for the info.

I will definitely be taking a bus from the airport. I'll coordinate a cab with my group for the two days I need to go to downtown from SOBE (Thursday and Friday).

Old Post Mar-04-2012 20:10  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Excite Click Here to Email Excite Click here to Send Excite a Private Message Add Excite to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
bltzkrieg09
Blitz

All I can say is that it is easy getting a ride to SOBE but expect to haggle and argue with taxi drivers to take you back downtown. It's always an adventure if you decide to depend on taxi's for transportation going back and forth across the causeway.

Old Post Mar-04-2012 20:46  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for bltzkrieg09 Click here to Send bltzkrieg09 a Private Message Add bltzkrieg09 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
PatMcGroin
lost

2011 wmc transpiration guide:
http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/...&forumid=127&s=

most if not all information should still be correct so theres really no point in copy/pasting it and putting 2012 in the title.

Old Post Mar-05-2012 06:34  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for PatMcGroin Click here to Send PatMcGroin a Private Message Add PatMcGroin to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Ronald Ravin'
Supreme tranceaddict

one time i took a cab from the airport and the guy didnt even carry any change. any. i just wanted a few dollars back from a 20, but thats not the issue, it just seems unprofessional

i guess it was payback for the time i took a cab and all i had were 100's. haha poor guy, we had to run around looking for someone to break it or an atm, which i forgot to hit. extra tip

in all i agree the buses are pretty reliable. you can even take 2 buses to ft. lauderdale airport with a transfer. it takes 2 hours but 2.75 certainly beats 75 for a cab. i would only take a cab splitting it 4 ways.

the moral of the story is, half the ppl in miami are constantly trying to stiff u. the other half is cool and can help u out with any problem u might have, and even some problems u didnt know u had. if u go in with that assumption and learn to tell the difference you will have a really good time.

Old Post Mar-05-2012 07:49  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Ronald Ravin' Click here to Send Ronald Ravin' a Private Message Add Ronald Ravin' to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Pantone199c
such wmc. much dance.

Letting you guys know for any events I go to (that I actually drive and not take the Metro) TA's are more than welcome to hitch a ride back with me to the mainland, as long as it's not to far out of my way to get you to your destination. Just toss a few bucks for gas and we are straight. I sober up amazingly quick and used to be DD during college so much it was ridiculous. Thank god for my unhealthy metabolism breaking down that delicious alcohol and allowing me to drive home most nights.

You can defend them all you want, in fact I admire you for doing so, but don't you find it a little suspect that whenever these characters change their style and sound - it's always a "coincidence" they select whatever sound happens to be "popular" that month? - John Askew

A lot of artists today are just victims, not having control, and they're not free. And that's pathetic. If you start being dependent on money, then money has to reach a point to fit your expenses. - Thomas Bangalter

Old Post Mar-05-2012 08:03  Puerto Rico
Click Here to See the Profile for Pantone199c Click here to Send Pantone199c a Private Message Add Pantone199c to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
mar46017
Mikey Esq.

$2 bus goes up and down Collins to DT Miami from what I remember.

Anyone know what stop one should get off for the SHM event?

Old Post Mar-05-2012 10:25  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for mar46017 Click here to Send mar46017 a Private Message Visit mar46017's homepage! Add mar46017 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DisBejS
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by mar46017
$2 bus goes up and down Collins to DT Miami from what I remember.

Anyone know what stop one should get off for the SHM event?

this is from the masquerade motel website:

FROM SOUTH BEACH:
TAKE THE 120 BUS TO OMNI METROMOVER STATION
CHANGE TO MMO LIGHT RAIL TO NW 1 AV @ NW 5 ST (MIAARENI)
WALK TO NW 1ST AVE & NW 8TH ST

Old Post Mar-05-2012 16:12  South Korea
Click Here to See the Profile for DisBejS Click here to Send DisBejS a Private Message Add DisBejS to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > Winter Music Conference 2012 / Miami Music Week 2012 > Transportation options?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread