Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas > [SF] Producer looking for some help
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
TyeDynamite
tranceaddict

[SF] Producer looking for some help

What's up TA. I've been producing for a while now and know how to DJ well. I am just a pretty shy 22 year old kid from San Jose who doesn't get to the scene in the city too much. I want to start performing out there tho at some local events. I go to massives and tons of local house parties around here but would prefer to go up to SF for some shows. I know there is a ton of really talented local DJ's on here (I read through a ton of threads but don't comment that much) and I was hoping you guys could kind of tell your stories about how you got started and maybe lend some advice. Check out my latest production just to hear the kind of music I make. There's also one of my mixes that I made for one of my friends who's going through chemo therapy. It's on my soundcloud titled "Chemo Sessions". Thanks guys and much love to the TA community I've learned a lot from all you people especially in the producer subforums.

http://soundcloud.com/tyedynamite/t...ite-remix-radio

Old Post Mar-02-2012 02:31  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for TyeDynamite Click here to Send TyeDynamite a Private Message Visit TyeDynamite's homepage! Add TyeDynamite to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jonmitz
soundcloud.com/jonmitz

keep up with your productions and network at the clubs you want to play at, weekly. it's really all about networking. you said you're shy, so hopefully you can overcome that...

other than that, you can get signed to a label and they might be able to help you get a booking...

i hated the networking/self promotion so just gave it up a long time ago. i have more fun just playing for friends/posting stuff on my soundcloud anyways. you'll find that (if you haven't already) most DJs are pretty terrible

are you in college in SJ? I cant tell from your post if you DJ at local events or just attend. I'd recommend just playing at local events/house parties, those are always fun. The club scene really isn't as glamorous as it might seem, and it's incredibly saturated in SF

Old Post Mar-02-2012 19:03  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for jonmitz Click Here to Email jonmitz Click here to Send jonmitz a Private Message Add jonmitz to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
TyeDynamite
tranceaddict

Thanks man I really appreciate the help. Yeah I go to SJSU. I just attend events out here. I go to pretty much the whole insomniac series to. Sorry about the confusion in the post.

I just like making music to be honest and would like to DJ as a platform to show my stuff. 100% in it for the music not the money (if I could even make any somehow haha). It'd be pretty cool to jam out with some people to some of the music I make. I guess that's like my dream.

Old Post Mar-03-2012 03:15  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for TyeDynamite Click here to Send TyeDynamite a Private Message Visit TyeDynamite's homepage! Add TyeDynamite to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas > [SF] Producer looking for some help
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread