Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Do superstar DJs just press 'go' on their live shows?
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Yohan
Champion of Deep&Nu-disco

Do superstar DJs just press 'go' on their live shows?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/20218681

quote:
It started with a video that appeared to show Swedish House Mafia DJ Steve Angello pressing play on a pre-mixed segment of a festival set.

A war of words was sparked between some of the dance world's biggest names and it is yet to die down.

"In a way, yes, you press a button but you're still there performing your art," says Swedish House Mafia's Axwell.

More on link

Originally posted by chinamon
not true. i say "ugh"
but i am a tranny.

quote:
Originally posted by kotsy
lol colour me retarded

Old Post Nov-21-2012 20:37  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Yohan Click here to Send Yohan a Private Message Add Yohan to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MSZ
spread

Who cares, even if they didnt just press play, they would be bringing nothing new to the table, most djs are shit anyway you slice it.

Old Post Nov-21-2012 21:02  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for MSZ Click here to Send MSZ a Private Message Add MSZ to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Nobbie Q
Supreme tranceaddict

I think this just exposes the EDM scene for what it might be, which is people just pretending to care about about buttons DJs are pressing, when it's really all about if the music sounds good or not. Most people can't see what you're doing, so you might as well fake it right? It does cheapen the experience for sure...the whole Steve Angello thing was really dry but let's just face it. Most EDM DJ's just play the same songs in a different order anyways when they're touring for two weeks at a time...they might as well just do a prerecorded set.

This brings about a related issue about which is too many people caring about 'who's' dj'ing rather than the music. If you were to give Joe Blow a prerecorded mix by let's say Digweed to play out to a crowd and he just pretends to DJ (and no one notices) versus Digweed actually DJ'ing that same set, I guarantee there would be more complaints about Joe Blow doing that same mix rather than Digweed doing it.

Old Post Nov-22-2012 18:38  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Nobbie Q Click Here to Email Nobbie Q Click here to Send Nobbie Q a Private Message Add Nobbie Q to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jchung52
Supreme tranceaddict

Sure... it's all about the music but if you are paying $100 a ticket to see some of these "DJ's" when they aren't doing other than pressing a button or premixed cds etc, I would be utterly offended that I would be paying that. Too bad the sheep don't think beyond that other than "I'm RAVING!!!!"

Old Post Nov-22-2012 23:05  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for jchung52 Click here to Send jchung52 a Private Message Add jchung52 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
PivotTechno
senseless

Why don't you ask Mr. Canada, they seem to think they know everything about everything.

WestsideWax Soundcloud

WestsideWax Mixcloud

New! WestsideWax Archives

Old Post Nov-23-2012 00:04 
Click Here to See the Profile for PivotTechno Click here to Send PivotTechno a Private Message Add PivotTechno to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Forever Forward
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by PivotTechno
Why don't you ask Mr. Canada, they seem to think they know everything about everything.

Agreed. Mr. Canada, what are your thoughts? I'm always impressed by your supreme knowledge. The years and research you've put into the scene make me feel so young and uneducated. Enlighten me. Enlighten us all!

Old Post Nov-23-2012 16:48  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Forever Forward Click here to Send Forever Forward a Private Message Add Forever Forward to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Shaya007
SMILE...YOU'RE FAMOUS!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Nobbie Q
I think this just exposes the EDM scene for what it might be, which is people just pretending to care about about buttons DJs are pressing, when it's really all about if the music sounds good or not. Most people can't see what you're doing, so you might as well fake it right? It does cheapen the experience for sure...the whole Steve Angello thing was really dry but let's just face it. Most EDM DJ's just play the same songs in a different order anyways when they're touring for two weeks at a time...they might as well just do a prerecorded set.

This brings about a related issue about which is too many people caring about 'who's' dj'ing rather than the music. If you were to give Joe Blow a prerecorded mix by let's say Digweed to play out to a crowd and he just pretends to DJ (and no one notices) versus Digweed actually DJ'ing that same set, I guarantee there would be more complaints about Joe Blow doing that same mix rather than Digweed doing it.

Digweed is GOD

so shut up!

Old Post Nov-24-2012 00:33 
Click Here to See the Profile for Shaya007 Click here to Send Shaya007 a Private Message Visit Shaya007's homepage! Add Shaya007 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mach X
Making Fetch Happen

quote:
Originally posted by Forever Forward
Agreed. Mr. Canada, what are your thoughts? I'm always impressed by your supreme knowledge. The years and research you've put into the scene make me feel so young and uneducated. Enlighten me. Enlighten us all!

Sweedish House Mafia are just Swedish Political Dubstep. Pushing a button is akin to licking a penny. You guys make me laugh with your delusions of what DJ'n is.

Old Post Nov-24-2012 04:40  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Mach X Click Here to Email Mach X Click here to Send Mach X a Private Message Visit Mach X's homepage! Add Mach X to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Nobbie Q
Supreme tranceaddict

Mr. Canada might be the only thing keeping this board alive. He gives me a reason to wake up in the morning.

Old Post Nov-24-2012 10:08  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Nobbie Q Click Here to Email Nobbie Q Click here to Send Nobbie Q a Private Message Add Nobbie Q to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dykes_on_Jay
Yellow is the new black.

quote:
Originally posted by Nobbie Q
Mr. Canada might be the only thing keeping this board alive. He gives me a reason to wake up in the morning.

Your life sounds awesome. At least TA doesn't have a face policy amirite?

Old Post Nov-24-2012 11:36  China
Click Here to See the Profile for Dykes_on_Jay Click here to Send Dykes_on_Jay a Private Message Visit Dykes_on_Jay's homepage! Add Dykes_on_Jay to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Forever Forward
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Dykes_on_Jay
Your life sounds awesome. At least TA doesn't have a face policy amirite?

Hahahahahahaha ah man, this board is full of assholes

Old Post Nov-24-2012 23:05  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Forever Forward Click here to Send Forever Forward a Private Message Add Forever Forward to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MSZ
spread

quote:
Originally posted by Forever Forward
Hahahahahahaha ah man, this board is full of assholes

Yea, but hes the biggest one. Life must be so good that you have to be an asshat 24/7 online. Brb, being an asshat.

Old Post Nov-25-2012 00:19  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for MSZ Click here to Send MSZ a Private Message Add MSZ to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Do superstar DJs just press 'go' on their live shows?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread