Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
tranceaddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Can you give yourself your own job title if it's technically correct on a resume?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
BTG
Go Blues

Can you give yourself your own job title if it's technically correct on a resume?

As a Forklift driver, it is hard to get ahead in life without proper education.

The problem with that is, as a Forklift driver, I have obviously negated to take life seriously many times.

I propose that I create a "fake" job title and pass it off as a decent job.

I would call myself "Logistics Coordinator" and describe the job in a way that sounds like I do it behind a desk. My plan is brilliant if I can pull it off.

I'm not going to do it.

Old Post Yesterday 00:37 
Click Here to See the Profile for BTG Click Here to Email BTG Click here to Send BTG a Private Message Visit BTG's homepage! Add BTG to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

Re: Can you give yourself your own job title if it's technically correct on a resume?

quote:
Originally posted by BTG
I'm not going to do it.

lol

> S u s h i p u n k . P h o t o g r a p h y <

Old Post Yesterday 00:39  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Sushipunk Click here to Send Sushipunk a Private Message Visit Sushipunk's homepage! Add Sushipunk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Jon_Snow
tranceaddict in training

You might be surprised that there is nothing wrong in what you suggest and it's part of writing a compelling resume (with in reason).

Old Post Yesterday 01:10  England
Click Here to See the Profile for Jon_Snow Click here to Send Jon_Snow a Private Message Add Jon_Snow to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
r5a
snake inverter

fake it till you make it brotha

Old Post Yesterday 02:26  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for r5a Click Here to Email r5a Click here to Send r5a a Private Message Add r5a to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
pkcRAISTLIN
arbiter's chief minion

IGK’s a “child motivator”.

Old Post Yesterday 03:31  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for pkcRAISTLIN Click here to Send pkcRAISTLIN a Private Message Add pkcRAISTLIN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
planetaryplayer
Supreme tranceaddict

on all my resumes i make sure i tell them i am the chosen one. they can't argue with that

Old Post Yesterday 05:13  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for planetaryplayer Click here to Send planetaryplayer a Private Message Add planetaryplayer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
clay
Supreme tranceaddict

Just say that you are social positive and take initiative. Oh and don't forget extroverted, really fucking extroverted. You will get any job. I hate extrovertism. It's like a movement against deep thinking and the masterminds. It's much more important to get a long with everybody than doing your job with awesome results. For hobbies just put in bicycling and skiing and you'll get the job.

Old Post Yesterday 09:21 
Click Here to See the Profile for clay Click here to Send clay a Private Message Add clay to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
looom
tranceaddict in training

Another strategy is to seize control in the job interview, but for that one has to feel they are intellectually superior - meaning really fucking knowledgable, self-confident and as clay said,being really fucking extroverted helps a lot . Every good resume is exaggerated anyways. Your resume should be just good enough for it to be not thrown to the paper shredder machine right away.

If you can get away with the logistics coordinator then it's all good. Depends on what company you run for - if they want to check your story, you had better have damn good connections.

Although, back ont he extrovertism being bad - mother****** what???

Old Post Yesterday 09:58  Estonia
Click Here to See the Profile for looom Click here to Send looom a Private Message Add looom to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
clay
Supreme tranceaddict

some jobs like engineering or programming, experimental physics, all kinds of writing, requires more introvertism to be able to do a good job, but still they want extroverts, or as i call them "the boss' best friend that he want to invite for dinner" aka cocksucker lol. i yet to meet a person who is both extrovert and introvert. you are either are salesman or technical.

Old Post Yesterday 12:11 
Click Here to See the Profile for clay Click here to Send clay a Private Message Add clay to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
looom
tranceaddict in training

you don't have to be agreeable and a cocksucker if you are an extrovert. Having the skills to do your job got nada to with whether you're an introvert or an extravert.

Old Post Yesterday 14:57  Estonia
Click Here to See the Profile for looom Click here to Send looom a Private Message Add looom to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
clay
Supreme tranceaddict

depends on the job imo. certain jobs require some deep introvertism. mostly technical/logical jobs would benefit from people who are systematic rather than a local rock star.

Old Post Yesterday 16:02 
SYSTEM-J
Ambient Produce Unit

Is there a single aspect of your life you don't regard with utter bitterness, palm?

> BMC DJ Competition [Drum & Bass]
> Human Revolution [Theme Challenge Mix]
> Somnamdublism [Dub Techno]

>>Absorb. [Fortnightly Radio Show]<<

Absorb.

Old Post Yesterday 16:29  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list SYSTEM-J is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

tranceaddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Can you give yourself your own job title if it's technically correct on a resume?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread