Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Quitting Drinking
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Vivid Boy
TA's GodFather

Quitting Drinking

let me finish motherfuckers....for one month after next weekend. Anyone ever gone stonecold sober for a month plus? what are my options other than netflix? How do you watch sports without alcohol? Will sleeping a lot make the month go by faster?

Old Post Sep-01-2015 00:20 
Click Here to See the Profile for Vivid Boy Click here to Send Vivid Boy a Private Message Add Vivid Boy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Vector A
Supreme tranceaddict

I recently stopped for a few months. It's no big deal really, especially since I don't do anything while intoxicated that I find intolerable sober.

Maybe read a book?

Old Post Sep-01-2015 00:43  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Vector A Click here to Send Vector A a Private Message Add Vector A to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

Heroin.

> S u s h i p u n k . P h o t o g r a p h y <

Old Post Sep-01-2015 00:46  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Sushipunk Click here to Send Sushipunk a Private Message Visit Sushipunk's homepage! Add Sushipunk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
BTG
Go Blues

take up weed? also i can't sleep when i'm sober. #whitetrash.

Old Post Sep-01-2015 00:50 
Click Here to See the Profile for BTG Click Here to Email BTG Click here to Send BTG a Private Message Visit BTG's homepage! Add BTG to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Vivid Boy
TA's GodFather

naw man cant do weed. I don't know when they changed the chemical mixture in that shit but it no longer chills me out. It makes me think I only have a few minutes left to live.

Old Post Sep-01-2015 01:00 
Click Here to See the Profile for Vivid Boy Click here to Send Vivid Boy a Private Message Add Vivid Boy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Godking5
Supreme tranceaddict

Ive stopped stone cold a couple times. Was never a big drinker though so it wasnt a big deal. Could replace the habit with something else. I know one guy whom everytime he felt the urge to drink , would throw a big fat dip in. Produced a more intense buzz than alcohol . Only problem is now hes addicted to smokeless tobacco.

Whenever i quit and would feel the urge to drink , i would consume a high pleasure food like frozen yogurt or some other type of low calorie sweet and watch a movie or play a video game. Anything really to trigger the pleasure/reward center of your brain. That would take my mind off alcohol.

Why exactly are you momentarily quitting?

Old Post Sep-01-2015 01:26  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Godking5 Click here to Send Godking5 a Private Message Add Godking5 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MSZ
kielbasaaddict.com

quote:
Originally posted by Vivid Boy
naw man cant do weed. I don't know when they changed the chemical mixture in that shit but it no longer chills me out. It makes me think I only have a few minutes left to live.

Try the Sativas not the Indicas m8.

Old Post Sep-01-2015 02:01  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for MSZ Click here to Send MSZ a Private Message Add MSZ to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Jon_Snow
tranceaddict in training

Buy those heineken mini bottles and drink them with a cocktail straw. Even if you don't lose any weight it should be pretty funny.

Old Post Sep-01-2015 02:46  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Jon_Snow Click here to Send Jon_Snow a Private Message Add Jon_Snow to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Vivid Boy
TA's GodFather

It's a combination of a few things. Drinking too often, getting black out drunk (thankfully I'm a socially responsible drunk and head home when I get to that point, but my disappearances are getting noticed), health (I don't remember the last time I went even a week without at least a beer), not ruining next days because of hangovers, hooking up with random girls I meet (feeling whorish), the fact I'm 33 and I sabotage every relationship I get into with a decent settle down type of girl (sabotage by getting into early stages of a relationship then completely disappearing). I need to start acting my age. Alcohol isn't the cause but it isn't helping me. Need to rid myself of it. My consumption went up due to it being the summer which is understandable but now that the summer is coming to an end I think I need to take a break.

Old Post Sep-01-2015 02:49 
Jon_Snow
tranceaddict in training

I still stand by my mini bottle idea but jeeze eric I thought this was about losing a few lbs not a mid life crises. Good luck bro.

Old Post Sep-01-2015 03:07  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Jon_Snow Click here to Send Jon_Snow a Private Message Add Jon_Snow to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Vivid Boy
TA's GodFather

Haha I'm actually the lightest I've been in years. In the 190s! Haven't been under 200 in at least 5 years.
No not a midlife crisis. You'll see my midlife crisis when I buy my Harley and go on 5 week lsd bender riding the open road to psychedelic rock, making love to 25 yr old Mexican girls in a beat up motel with the fan swinging floppily off the ceiling.

Last edited by Vivid Boy on Sep-01-2015 at 03:29

Old Post Sep-01-2015 03:23 
Jon_Snow
tranceaddict in training

This thread makes me realize how much I love beer. Can't watch a football game without one in my hand. Its that much more satisfying on a hot summer day.

Old Post Sep-01-2015 03:34  United States

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Quitting Drinking
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread