Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Severe and dangerous personality disorder
Pages (9): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
AlphaStarred
-__---__-_-_-_-----_

Severe and dangerous personality disorder

So I've tried googling this but couldn't find a list of symptoms. Jenny, have you learned anything about this?

Old Post Jul-22-2015 00:07  Israel
Click Here to See the Profile for AlphaStarred Click here to Send AlphaStarred a Private Message Add AlphaStarred to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Boomer187
Spicy Hotdog

yes

Old Post Jul-22-2015 00:28  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Boomer187 Click here to Send Boomer187 a Private Message Visit Boomer187's homepage! Add Boomer187 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Chimney
Low pH

That's odd. I completed my MD thesis on personality disorders and depression and I never came across this. Apparently neither has ICD-10. Gonna check DSM-V for the sake of it as well.

all I found is this: http://apt.rcpsych.org/content/9/5/349

EDIT: Nothing in DSM-V eiter. If you want, I can drop a mail to my assistant-professor of psychiatry and ask her. Btw, I might have a study about personality disorders and depression published soon.

"The White Paper Reforming the Mental Health Act. Part II: High Risk Patients (hereafter referred to as the White Paper) identified these individuals as dangerous and severely personality disordered (DSPD) (Department of Health, 2000). This phrase has been attacked as ‘a neologism that has no legal or medical status’ (Farnham & James, 2001)"

Last edited by Chimney on Jul-22-2015 at 00:38

Old Post Jul-22-2015 00:31  Romania
Click Here to See the Profile for Chimney Click here to Send Chimney a Private Message Add Chimney to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Jon_Snow
tranceaddict in training

Here we go again.

Old Post Jul-22-2015 00:31  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Jon_Snow Click here to Send Jon_Snow a Private Message Add Jon_Snow to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
AlphaStarred
-__---__-_-_-_-----_

quote:
Originally posted by Chimney
That's odd. I completed my MD thesis on personality disorders and depression and I never came across this. Apparently neither has ICD-10. Gonna check DSM-V for the sake of it as well.

all I found is this: http://apt.rcpsych.org/content/9/5/349

EDIT: Nothing in DSM-V eiter. If you want, I can drop a mail to my assistant-professor of psychiatry and ask her. Btw, I might have a study about personality disorders and depression published soon.

"The White Paper Reforming the Mental Health Act. Part II: High Risk Patients (hereafter referred to as the White Paper) identified these individuals as dangerous and severely personality disordered (DSPD) (Department of Health, 2000). This phrase has been attacked as ‘a neologism that has no legal or medical status’ (Farnham & James, 2001)"

I've read some of the contents of the link you posted. That's pretty damned scary. I'd be interested in reading your study, if you'd like to share it.

Old Post Jul-22-2015 00:39  Israel
Click Here to See the Profile for AlphaStarred Click here to Send AlphaStarred a Private Message Add AlphaStarred to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Vivid Boy
TA's GodFather

dude if i were you I'd just cope his mixtape. Even if it isnt straight fiyah!

Old Post Jul-22-2015 00:45 
Click Here to See the Profile for Vivid Boy Click here to Send Vivid Boy a Private Message Add Vivid Boy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Chimney
Low pH

In all truthfulness, this entire 'mental patients are dangerous' has been completely exaggerated by pop-culture. I've done anamnesis on a couple of people suffering from antisocial personality disorder (i.e psychopaths) and they were relaxed as hell. Sure, one of them tried to kill his brother with a knife, but other than that, most were ok. The most dangerous - according to psychiatric guidelines - are maniacs (or bipolars during manic phase) and epileptics after the crisis due to confusion. Schizophrenics, which I´ve probably spoken to the most, have never exhibited any violent behaviour, although they were into remission and there was history of some stuff during psychosis episodes.

Old Post Jul-22-2015 00:47  Romania
Click Here to See the Profile for Chimney Click here to Send Chimney a Private Message Add Chimney to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
AlphaStarred
-__---__-_-_-_-----_

quote:
Originally posted by Chimney
In all truthfulness, this entire 'mental patients are dangerous' has been completely exaggerated by pop-culture. I've done anamnesis on a couple of people suffering from antisocial personality disorder (i.e psychopaths) and they were relaxed as hell. Sure, one of them tried to kill his brother with a knife, but other than that, most were ok. The most dangerous - according to psychiatric guidelines - are maniacs (or bipolars during manic phase) and epileptics after the crisis due to confusion. Schizophrenics, which I´ve probably spoken to the most, have never exhibited any violent behaviour, although they were into remission and there was history of some stuff during psychosis episodes.

Thanks for sharing.

Old Post Jul-22-2015 00:51  Israel
AlphaStarred
-__---__-_-_-_-----_

quote:
Originally posted by Vivid Boy
dude if i were you I'd just cope his mixtape. Even if it isnt straight fiyah!

haha

that reminds me..

Old Post Jul-22-2015 00:54  Israel
Silky Johnson
Reach for the sky, Honky!

Wouldn't this just be like, antisocial personality disorder?

edit: nm, just read Chimney's post up there.

Old Post Jul-22-2015 01:50 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Chimney
Low pH

Out of curiosity, in the US are all physicians allowed to prescribe antipsychotic medication or only psychiatrists?

Old Post Jul-22-2015 02:05  Romania
Alex
Suck a cheetah's dick

Like in Canada I think GPs or family doctors in the US can prescribe stuff like anti-depressants, but I doubt they know enough about psychosis/schizo/bi-polar to be able to get the dosage right and stuff.

My GP here thought I was depressed and put me on some medication I forget the name of (anti-depressant) but it turns out I wasn't depressed, just crazy

Old Post Jul-22-2015 02:25  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Alex Click here to Send Alex a Private Message Add Alex to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Severe and dangerous personality disorder
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (9): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread