Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Blade Runner 2049
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
AlphaStarred
-__---__-_-_-_-----_

Blade Runner 2049

A sequel directed by Denis Villeneuve, known for Sicario and the recent Arrival.

"Thirty years after the events of the first film, a new blade runner, LAPD Officer K (Ryan Gosling), unearths a long-buried secret that has the potential to plunge what's left of society into chaos. K's discovery leads him on a quest to find Rick Deckard (Harrison Ford), a former LAPD blade runner who has been missing for 30 years."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1856101/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Old Post Mar-15-2017 03:39  Israel
Click Here to See the Profile for AlphaStarred Click here to Send AlphaStarred a Private Message Add AlphaStarred to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

I have zero expectations for this. Unless I hear some first hand accounts of its excellence, I won't bother seeing it in the cinema. Ridley Scott has already managed to shit on his lineage once with Prometheus (not to mention Alien Covenant looks awful), and I thought Arrival was a load of cobblers. And am I the only one who's sick of Ryan Gosling being in every fucking film?

> Things I Can't Understand [Melodic]
> Rapid Transit 3 [Progressive Trance]
> Rapid Transit 2 [Progressive Trance Marathon]
> Rapid Transit [Progressive Trance Oldies]

Old Post Mar-15-2017 13:47  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lira
Be a Good One!

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
I thought Arrival was a load of cobblers.

There, I fixed it for you. It really was.

Watched it with my family, and they now have a better idea of what I do for a living... But now they also think the Sapir-Whorf Hypothesis (mentioned in the Brazilian Portuguese subtitles as "Computer Off Hypothesis") is much more powerful than a reasonable person would imagine.

Old Post Mar-15-2017 15:08 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lira Click here to Send Lira a Private Message Visit Lira's homepage! Add Lira to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trance-M
Since 1994 tranceaddict

I'm looking forward to it, I do like SF in general.

Arrival was better than I expected it to be, already read that some people really enjoyed it and some didn't at all.

For Techno fans: Audio Mill In the Mix - The Movie Part 2 , click here

Old Post Mar-15-2017 19:24  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Trance-M Click here to Send Trance-M a Private Message Add Trance-M to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
AlphaStarred
-__---__-_-_-_-----_

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
I have zero expectations for this. Unless I hear some first hand accounts of its excellence, I won't bother seeing it in the cinema. Ridley Scott has already managed to shit on his lineage once with Prometheus (not to mention Alien Covenant looks awful), and I thought Arrival was a load of cobblers. And am I the only one who's sick of Ryan Gosling being in every fucking film?

You make some valid points. I haven't seen Arrival, but thought Sicario was alright, so there's at least a possibility that the Blade Runner sequel may be decent. Of course there's a huge amount of pressure on Villeneuve, given the brilliance of the original film.

He says as much himself, so hopefully his efforts will suffice to make it at least a film worth seeing:

"Denis Villeneuve noted that he's fully aware of the immense pressure he's under, and how hardcore fans of the original view the prospect of a new film: "I know that every single fan will walk into the theater with a baseball bat. I'm aware of that and I respect that, and it's okay with me because it's art. Art is risk, and I have to take risks. It's gonna be the biggest risk of my life but I'm okay with that. For me it's very exciting... It's just so inspiring, I'm so inspired. I've been dreaming to do sci-fi since I was 10 years old, and I said 'no' to a lot of sequels. I couldn't say 'no' to Blade Runner 2049 (2017). I love it too much, so I said, 'Alright, I will do it and give everything I have to make it great.'"

Despite Gosling's ubiquity, I still consider him a pretty good actor, so we'll see what happens, I guess, although my expectations aren't high, either. I think the notion of a sequel is still far better than the various ridiculous remakes they've been making throughout the years, however.

Old Post Mar-15-2017 21:35  Israel
Click Here to See the Profile for AlphaStarred Click here to Send AlphaStarred a Private Message Add AlphaStarred to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

quote:
Originally posted by Lira
Watched it with my family, and they now have a better idea of what I do for a living... But now they also think the Sapir-Whorf Hypothesis (mentioned in the Brazilian Portuguese subtitles as "Computer Off Hypothesis") is much more powerful than a reasonable person would imagine.

The film used Sapir-Whorf to explain its conceit in much the same way 1950s B-movies used "nuclear radiation!" to explain whichever over-sized crab/stick insect/tortoise the special effects crew had plonked down in the middle of a cardboard Los Angeles. And that was true of everything else the film attempted to tackle, too. A whole bunch of big ideas treated in the shallowest way possible.

quote:
Originally posted by AlphaStarred
Despite Gosling's ubiquity, I still consider him a pretty good actor

Oh, he's a perfectly good actor. I just find it hard to see him in character now, because he's been the leading man in so many films in the last few years. I also think Harrison Ford reprising all of his iconic roles 40 years on has become tired and silly. Old Indiana Jones! Old Han Solo! Old Deckard! Is anyone naive enough to get excited by these tedious reboots, rehashes and resurrections anymore?

> Things I Can't Understand [Melodic]
> Rapid Transit 3 [Progressive Trance]
> Rapid Transit 2 [Progressive Trance Marathon]
> Rapid Transit [Progressive Trance Oldies]

Old Post Mar-15-2017 23:01  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mr.Mystery
303 <3 808

There's just no way anyone involved is making this for the love of the art, or that because the original left something untold that needed to be answered. All the old farts just want their last paycheck before they retire.

Anywhere But Here - A progressive breaks mix

Old Post Mar-16-2017 09:27  Finland
Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.Mystery Click here to Send Mr.Mystery a Private Message Add Mr.Mystery to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MSZ
bypass

I can smell the shit already and its not my adult diaper.

Last edited by MSZ on Mar-18-2017 at 15:13

Old Post Mar-18-2017 15:07  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for MSZ Click here to Send MSZ a Private Message Add MSZ to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

I'll try to keep an open mind on this one but I'm less than impressed with Villeneuve's films as he doesn't really know how to properly structure and present a story.

Granted, Prisoners was actually fairly well done but Sicario was 2 hours of my life I'll never get back and apart from some nice cinematography in places and one set pieces, it was strung together in a semi meaningless cobble of ideas when the main story line should have been so much stronger.

I get why he got BR2049; he does gritty darkness well but he's going to take a turd on a classic unless he figures out how to use characters and actually tell a story worth hearing.

Ryan can actually pull it off. While he's had a lot of exposure I think he has the presence to pull it off. He's a very sharp guy - and there's a reason In some respects he has the position that Harrison did 30 years ago; he's believable in a big role.

Old Post Mar-18-2017 17:33 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Vector A
Supreme tranceaddict

I like Villeneuve. But I don't have a lot of hope for this, either.

My favorite from him was "Incendies": https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/incendies/

Old Post Mar-20-2017 12:35  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Vector A Click here to Send Vector A a Private Message Add Vector A to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

I'll probably pony up to see this in the theatres, although probably a theatre with a liquor licence, as I don't have the highest expectations. I enjoyed Sicario, but don't believe I've seen any of Villeneuve's other works. I just can't imagine this can possibly be great. But, hey, maybe I'll be wrong

Old Post Mar-20-2017 15:10 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Lews is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zoso
Cancer sandwich

Being an old, grouchy, cynical skeptic...I'll hope for the best with this but expect the worst. I just hope they can do the original some semblance of justice. Either way, being the total sci-fi/dystopian lush that I am, I'll watch it multiple times.

Old Post Mar-20-2017 20:16  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Zoso Click here to Send Zoso a Private Message Add Zoso to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Blade Runner 2049
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread