TA Colors 2014 - the 2nd Chapter
After more than 2 years, the time is now: TA artists all over the world will jointly deliver a new album representing the core values of this forum.
If you want to learn more what this is all about, please read this topic
I'm trying to get everything pulled together in the next 2 months, aiming for release end of august / early september
This means that each of you will have till July 31st to send me your finished tracks. after that date i'll take a month for mastering, completing artwork and a DJ mix.
Just like with the previous edition, there are some rules you need to be aware of:
1. Please ONLY WETRANSFER your finished tracks to email@example.com, please do not use any other sharing/upload/zippy/skydrive/dropbox/whatever tools, i will not use them.
2. Please make sure your track is not mastered/processed, or by any other means squashed. I don't need to win the loudness war and I want to receive all tracks as clean and with as much dynamic range as possible. please refrain from saturators, clippers and all other kinds of "fat" sounding plugins on your master bus. No limiters, no Ozone ect etc.
Just a clean mix, peaking below 0dBFS. I will return any tracks not adhering to this, with 1 request to fix it. If it's still not to my liking, you won't be part of the release. On all other mix issues you'll get detailed feedback and opportunity to fix it. But please appreciate I'm not going to chase after people telling them 5 times to take their sausage fattener off.
3. All mixdowns should be 44.1/24 WAV don't send me links to soundcloud or MP3 files, I will not use them.
4. Please be aware you DONATE the track for release in this project. You don't have to pay anything, but also don't expect to get paid, as proceeds will probably not outweight the project costs.
You will get free exposure on all major download stores and SPOTIFY and you're not signing over any rights. Everyone will be creditted for Artist/Composer/Producer for their work. So if one of these tracks will become a big hit and you hit the top 10, you can have it all. If other labels want to release, you're free to do what you want.
5. Though it's fine to share your work in this topic, I might listen, but will for sure not react on, or use anything posted here. The process is 1/2/3. Everyone who does not follow that proces will miss the boat. I don't want to keep scrutinizing this topic to see if I missed anyone.
6. I need someone to contribute artwork, If you're good let me know in this topic.
7. I need someone to pull together a DJmix in a 2 week timeframe, once mastering is done. This means all tracks that made release being included with at least a 3min window.
8. I have a track limit of 20, It's first come first serve, but you need to adhere to above or the next in line might get your spot.
9. Promotion - I'll promote the album on social media and forums, please feel free to do the same. to be clear I won't invest any additional money in promotion beyond the costs to get it in the stores. Anything you guys can do yourselves is much appreciated. It's a community effort.
10. Haters, feel free to hate, but don't do it here please. This is an effort to deliver something as a community. I'm not a professional label. Neither do I have some secret agenda. I'll "invest" beer money to get us out there and we can all have fun. Let's keep the vibe positive.
Comments and suggestions are always welcome!
High End Outboard Mastering
Last edited by Raphie on Jun-15-2014 at 10:23