Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > Anything interesting at NAMM?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
evo8
Virtual Wannabe

Im out of the loop on stuff this year, did see a sonicstate vid on a new Korg synth but kinda sounded like everything else these days :-/

Old Post Jan-28-2018 13:57  Ireland
Click Here to See the Profile for evo8 Click here to Send evo8 a Private Message Visit evo8's homepage! Add evo8 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
tehlord
Supreme tranceaddict

I thought the Prologue was pretty half baked. Just enough to keep the punters happy, but just little enough to keep the beancounters happy. Some odd spec omissions given that it's their new 'flagship' synth. Actually sounds pretty nice, but it doesn't interest me.

The Elektron Digitone sounds nice too, and having a relatively simple but nice sounding FM synth appeals to me, even though I'm not a massive fan of their workflow.

Waldorf Quantum has got me more excited than any synth for a couple of decades and I will definitely be ordering one. Unreal amounts of hairy balls from Waldorf, I hope it does well for them.

Old Post Jan-28-2018 19:54  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for tehlord Click here to Send tehlord a Private Message Add tehlord to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by tehlord

Waldorf Quantum has got me more excited than any synth for a couple of decades and I will definitely be ordering one. Unreal amounts of hairy balls from Waldorf, I hope it does well for them.

Don't worry Geoff, I have every faith that Waldorf will torpedo themselves by releasing a plugin version of the synth just prior to launch

Old Post Jan-28-2018 22:43 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
tehlord
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by DJ RANN
Don't worry Geoff, I have every faith that Waldorf will torpedo themselves by releasing a plugin version of the synth just prior to launch

Well actually....

There's a lot of Nave and Largo DNA in there already, but the ability to have multimode sampling/granular oscillators feeding into dual analogue/digital hybrid filters fills me with joy.

Also, I have a couple of pals that had a hands on at NAMM and they say it has that 'expensive' hardware conversion that we love in older Roland gear and the Montage etc.

It's just a fucking killer spec and I HAVE to have one

Old Post Jan-28-2018 23:15  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for tehlord Click here to Send tehlord a Private Message Add tehlord to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MSZ
senile

Old Post Jan-30-2018 05:45  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for MSZ Click here to Send MSZ a Private Message Add MSZ to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
cryophonik
Boom shanka

Quite possibly the lamest NAMM in recent history

Sonar Platinum | Ableton Live 9 | Logic Pro X | Access Virus TI2 Keyboard | Kurzweil PC3X | Nord Lead 4R | NI Maschine

Old Post Feb-04-2018 18:17  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for cryophonik Click here to Send cryophonik a Private Message Visit cryophonik's homepage! Add cryophonik to your buddy list cryophonik is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by cryophonik
Quite possibly the lamest NAMM in recent history

I think so, but with exception to this:

(and sorry for also posting in the DJ Booth but I can't tell you how fucking long I've been waiting for a non control vinyl solution and won't ever have to hear that 1khz tone or have ot go to shit because the needle jumped on worn out timecode.

Really elegant solution too; slap that sensor on the record, connect the cables to spare channels and hook up a library.

Old Post Feb-12-2018 23:26 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Volterock
tranceaddict

The eurorack corners still held some intriguing ear-candy!

All vids and pics:
http://review.VOLTEROCK.com
http://youtube.com/c/VOLTEROCKreview
http://instagram.com/volterock_review

Old Post Feb-21-2018 14:25  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Volterock Click here to Send Volterock a Private Message Visit Volterock's homepage! Add Volterock to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mel David
Supreme tranceaddict

I always find stuff like Roli Seaboard and similar controller surfaces intriguing. Just still too much for me considering I'm not a performer type and I would gladly just draw curves with a mouse, for modulation.
I'l probably end up getting a TR-8S at some point. When the original came out I said I would get it if it had sampling ability--and now it does.
Oh and those looper things Reggie Watts is into. One of those is in my wishlist, hopefully integrated with a vocoder/harmonizer, though I already have a VoiceLive Touch 2(no vocoder on it).

Last edited by Mel David on Mar-12-2018 at 23:59

Old Post Mar-06-2018 11:22  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Mel David Click here to Send Mel David a Private Message Visit Mel David's homepage! Add Mel David to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > Anything interesting at NAMM?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread