Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > Korg Minilogue
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
evo8
Virtual Wannabe

599, analog 4 voice, would be a great first synth

was listening to this demo

some really nice ravey sounds and trancey stuff with the built-in delay, tempted myself!!

Old Post Jan-20-2016 15:53  Ireland
Click Here to See the Profile for evo8 Click here to Send evo8 a Private Message Visit evo8's homepage! Add evo8 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
tehlord
Supreme tranceaddict

This would make a great 5th synth

Old Post Jan-20-2016 17:34  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for tehlord Click here to Send tehlord a Private Message Add tehlord to your buddy list tehlord is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
AlphaStarred
-__---__-_-_-_-----_

It seems to sound good for trance, in particular. I think they mentioned around $500 total.

Old Post Jan-24-2016 05:44  Israel
Click Here to See the Profile for AlphaStarred Click here to Send AlphaStarred a Private Message Add AlphaStarred to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dj Dizzy
Guaranteed Fresh...

I haven't read up on this one yet aside from watching some YouTube demos, but at first glance it sounds like a great deal for the money. One of the main reasons I bought the Waldorf Pulse 2 over other monophonic analogs is because its ability to do 4 or 8-voice paraphonic, to be able to play analog chords. It's hard to find a synth capable of any type of analog polyphony for this price-point.

I've gotten to play a Prophet 6 on multiple occasions but that's way way out of my price-range.

Soundcloud | YouTube

Old Post Jan-25-2016 03:00  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Dj Dizzy Click here to Send Dj Dizzy a Private Message Visit Dj Dizzy's homepage! Add Dj Dizzy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Monkey Mouse
tranceaddict

Agreed - would be a great 1st synth for just about anyone.

I was impressed by some of the videos - especially at the $500 US pricepoint...

Old Post Jan-28-2016 02:18  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Monkey Mouse Click here to Send Monkey Mouse a Private Message Add Monkey Mouse to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Richard Butler
Supreme tranceaddict

Sounds great and seems highly intuitive which is what you want. The cross mod and ring mod seem set to cover good useable spectrums.

And the price, wow, this is a new era we're entering.

For anyone considering their first hardware synth I will say I enjoy producing more now I have a decent one. There's something very satisfying in wondering what the next sound in your will be and just spending a bit of time tweaking real knobs.

Old Post Jan-29-2016 15:49  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Butler Click Here to Email Richard Butler Click here to Send Richard Butler a Private Message Add Richard Butler to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
tehlord
Supreme tranceaddict

Bought one

Watching letterbox

A lot

Old Post Jan-29-2016 16:12  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for tehlord Click here to Send tehlord a Private Message Add tehlord to your buddy list tehlord is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MSZ
jadedaddict.com

Probably gonna get flack for this comment, but it sounds like a cheap soft synth ;\

Old Post Jan-29-2016 16:17  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for MSZ Click here to Send MSZ a Private Message Add MSZ to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
tehlord
Supreme tranceaddict

Old Post Jan-29-2016 16:30  United Kingdom
AlphaStarred
-__---__-_-_-_-----_

quote:
Originally posted by MSZ
Probably gonna get flack for this comment, but it sounds like a cheap soft synth ;\

I'm also a bit skeptical about it, but to get some decent sounds out of it + an on-board sequencer for that price is pretty rare. Would like to see some acid/techno videos with it.

Old Post Jan-29-2016 17:18  Israel
Click Here to See the Profile for AlphaStarred Click here to Send AlphaStarred a Private Message Add AlphaStarred to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
cryophonik
Boom shanka

It's certainly the most promising thing I've seen from Korg in a long time. I just wish they'd rip that stupid toy keyboard off it and make it a more compact and slightly cheaper desktop module that we can control with our much nicer MIDI controllers.

Sonar Platinum | Pro Tools 11 | Logic Pro X | Access Virus TI2 Keyboard | Kurzweil PC3X | Nord Lead 4R | NI Maschine

Old Post Jan-29-2016 17:56  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for cryophonik Click here to Send cryophonik a Private Message Visit cryophonik's homepage! Add cryophonik to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
evo8
Virtual Wannabe

quote:
Originally posted by tehlord

cool demo but he should have kept it to the Minilogue FX only for demo purposes

But anyway, sounds really big and brash, especially nice sounds from around 5-7 mins in

best of luck with it - im not buying anything until i sell a couple first

in the meantime...

Old Post Jan-29-2016 18:07  Ireland
Click Here to See the Profile for evo8 Click here to Send evo8 a Private Message Visit evo8's homepage! Add evo8 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > Korg Minilogue
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread