Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > Mac users - have you updated to Yosemite yet?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
cryophonik
Lunik Fanatik

Mac users - have you updated to Yosemite yet?

Is it safe to go in the water? Mostly concerned about DAWs (LPX, Studio One) and some plugins (NI, Spectrasonics, FabFilter).

Sonar X3 | Pro Tools 11 | Logic Pro X | Access Virus TI2 Keyboard | Kurzweil PC3X | DSI Mopho X4 | NI Maschine

Old Post Oct-22-2014 21:04  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for cryophonik Click here to Send cryophonik a Private Message Visit cryophonik's homepage! Add cryophonik to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
tehlord
Supreme tranceaddict

Everything on my Mac is working just fine.

So hell no.

Old Post Oct-22-2014 21:17  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for tehlord Click here to Send tehlord a Private Message Add tehlord to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Andy28
Supreme tranceaddict

I was tempted but I've held back.. As bluffy said everything is fine as it is.. I received an email from ni today saying their plugins are working fine however they are having some issues with hardware.

Old Post Oct-22-2014 21:38 
Click Here to See the Profile for Andy28 Click here to Send Andy28 a Private Message Add Andy28 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
tehlord
Supreme tranceaddict

I recall seeing a Steinberg post about holding off for a while as well.

Old Post Oct-22-2014 21:46  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for tehlord Click here to Send tehlord a Private Message Add tehlord to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
cryophonik
Lunik Fanatik

Everything is working fine for me on Mavericks as well, but my Mac isn't my main computer, and I only use it occasionally for music production. My iOS devices are all updated and I'd like to take advantage of all these new OSX/iOS features, so maybe I'll be the official TA guinea pig.

Sonar X3 | Pro Tools 11 | Logic Pro X | Access Virus TI2 Keyboard | Kurzweil PC3X | DSI Mopho X4 | NI Maschine

Old Post Oct-22-2014 21:56  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for cryophonik Click here to Send cryophonik a Private Message Visit cryophonik's homepage! Add cryophonik to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
PaULiN0
Twinkle, Twinkle..

I'm running Yosemite and everything is fine. Every things backed up, its not like ima lost my projects or anything.

Old Post Oct-22-2014 22:12  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for PaULiN0 Click here to Send PaULiN0 a Private Message Add PaULiN0 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
cryophonik
Lunik Fanatik

That's good to hear. Thanks Juan!

Old Post Oct-22-2014 22:45  United States
cryophonik
Lunik Fanatik

quote:
Originally posted by Andy28
I received an email from ni today saying their plugins are working fine however they are having some issues with hardware.

Just saw that email, too. I use the Maschine software on my Air, but I only use the hardware with my desktop PC, so I should be good there.

Old Post Oct-22-2014 22:46  United States
PaULiN0
Twinkle, Twinkle..

Logic loaded 30% faster if anyone wants to know or even care.

NI is having issues with pro tools when updating to Yosemite fyi Dave if you got any of their plug ins

Old Post Oct-22-2014 22:58  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for PaULiN0 Click here to Send PaULiN0 a Private Message Add PaULiN0 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
cryophonik
Lunik Fanatik

quote:
Originally posted by PaULiN0
NI is having issues with pro tools when updating to Yosemite fyi Dave if you got any of their plug ins

Yeah, I saw that. Fortunately for me, I only use PT on my main desktop PC. I keep my MBAir lean, clean, and free of any software requiring dongles for simplicity and portability.

Old Post Oct-22-2014 23:28  United States
Seandroid
Supreme tranceaddict

Re: Mac users - have you updated to Yosemite yet?

quote:
Originally posted by cryophonik
Is it safe to go in the water? Mostly concerned about DAWs (LPX, Studio One) and some plugins (NI, Spectrasonics, FabFilter).

Logic Pro 9 even works perfectly for me and so does everything by Native Instruments on Yosemite.

And it's beautiful

Click this goddang link and download my goddang song Mean Machine

Old Post Yesterday 05:07  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Seandroid Click here to Send Seandroid a Private Message Visit Seandroid's homepage! Add Seandroid to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > Mac users - have you updated to Yosemite yet?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread