Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > ITB no keyboard
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
rubez
Supreme tranceaddict

i have a keyboard, but getting it to work with a DAW is a headache.

i can get great results on the keyboard, it feels very intuitive, even though i've never played one before this.

so if you were working fully ITB, without a keyboard, how you you get round this? now having to laboriously, in a trial and error type of way, plot in your keystrokes into the DAW?

is there a plug in that has a skin of a keyboard, which helps you with chords? e.g. depresses 3 keys at a time of you.

Old Post Apr-07-2016 10:12  Scotland
Click Here to See the Profile for rubez Click here to Send rubez a Private Message Add rubez to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SystematicX1
Supreme tranceaddict

Ableton has a Piano Roll however I do believe most DAW have their own specific piano roll

Old Post Apr-07-2016 10:21  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for SystematicX1 Click here to Send SystematicX1 a Private Message Add SystematicX1 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
rubez
Supreme tranceaddict

my DAW has a piano roll of course. but it is far from intuitive.

i was thinking of something like a plug in, with a visual representation of a keyboard, with a mechanic to compensate for the loss of multiple fingers-on-keys you get with the real thing.

i guess no.

Old Post Apr-07-2016 11:16  Scotland
Click Here to See the Profile for rubez Click here to Send rubez a Private Message Add rubez to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
evo8
Virtual Wannabe

what DAW are you using? should be straight forward to get a midi keyboard up and running......

Old Post Apr-07-2016 16:32  Ireland
Click Here to See the Profile for evo8 Click here to Send evo8 a Private Message Visit evo8's homepage! Add evo8 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
rubez
Supreme tranceaddict

FL. it was a synth, it could probably be used as a midi keyboard too.

but not much point in using a synth as a midi keyboard when i get a much better sound out of it than with VSTs. setting it up is the major hassle. so i'd rather go fully ITB or OTB.

OTB just means jamming though essentially.

Old Post Apr-08-2016 09:48  Scotland
evo8
Virtual Wannabe

quote:
Originally posted by rubez
FL. it was a synth, it could probably be used as a midi keyboard too.

but not much point in using a synth as a midi keyboard when i get a much better sound out of it than with VSTs. setting it up is the major hassle. so i'd rather go fully ITB or OTB.

OTB just means jamming though essentially.

usually more hassle than it seems.

also - you can have your synth set up as midi kb to control your softsynths AND you can also have it set up to just play the keyboard sounds as well - this is not unusual, i had my JD800 set up this way as well

Hybrid is the way to go IMO (some hardware, some software & DAW)

Old Post Apr-08-2016 15:28  Ireland
Click Here to See the Profile for evo8 Click here to Send evo8 a Private Message Visit evo8's homepage! Add evo8 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Looney4Clooney
Supreme tranceaddict

Go get a 50. $ keyboard.

Honestly.

Old Post Apr-23-2016 03:20 
Click Here to See the Profile for Looney4Clooney Click here to Send Looney4Clooney a Private Message Add Looney4Clooney to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

Truedat.

I think there's over 30 sub $50 keyboards.

Then again, the OP is Scottish so I doubt he'll part with the money

(EDIT: if you're using Logic, just press CAPS to bring up an onscreen keyboard)

Old Post Apr-23-2016 20:00 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Evolve140
Only Sidechaining a Bit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0ImWG_VMgE

you can see a bit of how I do ITB for piano sounds, it's all about dialing in the velocity

Old Post May-01-2016 19:47 
Click Here to See the Profile for Evolve140 Click here to Send Evolve140 a Private Message Add Evolve140 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > ITB no keyboard
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread