Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > TA Colors 2014 - the 2nd Chapter
Pages (16): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Raphie
Mr. Incredible

After more than 2 years, the time is now: TA artists all over the world will jointly deliver a new album representing the core values of this forum.

If you want to learn more what this is all about, please read this topic

I'm trying to get everything pulled together in the next 2 months, aiming for release end of august / early september

This means that each of you will have till July 31st to send me your finished tracks. after that date i'll take a month for mastering, completing artwork and a DJ mix.

Just like with the previous edition, there are some rules you need to be aware of:

1. Please ONLY WETRANSFER your finished tracks to info@analoguemastering.com, please do not use any other sharing/upload/zippy/skydrive/dropbox/whatever tools, i will not use them.

2. Please make sure your track is not mastered/processed, or by any other means squashed. I don't need to win the loudness war and I want to receive all tracks as clean and with as much dynamic range as possible. please refrain from saturators, clippers and all other kinds of "fat" sounding plugins on your master bus. No limiters, no Ozone ect etc.
Just a clean mix, peaking below 0dBFS. I will return any tracks not adhering to this, with 1 request to fix it. If it's still not to my liking, you won't be part of the release. On all other mix issues you'll get detailed feedback and opportunity to fix it. But please appreciate I'm not going to chase after people telling them 5 times to take their sausage fattener off.

3. All mixdowns should be 44.1/24 WAV don't send me links to soundcloud or MP3 files, I will not use them.

4. Please be aware you DONATE the track for release in this project. You don't have to pay anything, but also don't expect to get paid, as proceeds will probably not outweight the project costs.

You will get free exposure on all major download stores and SPOTIFY and you're not signing over any rights. Everyone will be creditted for Artist/Composer/Producer for their work. So if one of these tracks will become a big hit and you hit the top 10, you can have it all. If other labels want to release, you're free to do what you want.

5. Though it's fine to share your work in this topic, I might listen, but will for sure not react on, or use anything posted here. The process is 1/2/3. Everyone who does not follow that proces will miss the boat. I don't want to keep scrutinizing this topic to see if I missed anyone.

6. I need someone to contribute artwork, If you're good let me know in this topic.

7. I need someone to pull together a DJmix in a 2 week timeframe, once mastering is done. This means all tracks that made release being included with at least a 3min window.

8. I have a track limit of 20, It's first come first serve, but you need to adhere to above or the next in line might get your spot.

9. Promotion - I'll promote the album on social media and forums, please feel free to do the same. to be clear I won't invest any additional money in promotion beyond the costs to get it in the stores. Anything you guys can do yourselves is much appreciated. It's a community effort.

10. Haters, feel free to hate, but don't do it here please. This is an effort to deliver something as a community. I'm not a professional label. Neither do I have some secret agenda. I'll "invest" beer money to get us out there and we can all have fun. Let's keep the vibe positive.

Comments and suggestions are always welcome!

Enjoy!

Last edited by Raphie on Jun-15-2014 at 10:23

Old Post Jun-15-2014 09:43  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Raphie Click here to Send Raphie a Private Message Visit Raphie's homepage! Add Raphie to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trancelover03591
Trained tranceaddict

Old Post Jun-15-2014 17:50  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for Trancelover03591 Click here to Send Trancelover03591 a Private Message Add Trancelover03591 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJRYAN™
www.djryan.com

It would mean the world to me if I could get in on this one..

Old Post Jun-15-2014 20:55 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJRYAN™ Click here to Send DJRYAN™ a Private Message Visit DJRYAN™'s homepage! Add DJRYAN™ to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LoveHate

i am going to see what i can do, to get involved in some shape or form this time.

Old Post Jun-15-2014 20:57  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for LoveHate Click here to Send LoveHate a Private Message Add LoveHate to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Raphie
Mr. Incredible

Great, Anyone who wants to participate is welcome to do so. Ryan if you come with a decent track you're good to go,

Old Post Jun-15-2014 21:07  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Raphie Click here to Send Raphie a Private Message Visit Raphie's homepage! Add Raphie to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
kevin shawn
Like a six ton megabomb

I'd love to submit a track as well as some possible artwork eventually. I've been using Cinema 4D quite a bit lately and would love to try my hand at something like this.

Old Post Jun-15-2014 22:46  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for kevin shawn Click here to Send kevin shawn a Private Message Add kevin shawn to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
meriter
Supreme tranceaddict

im in, god willing i can finish it on time

Old Post Jun-16-2014 00:47 
Click Here to See the Profile for meriter Click here to Send meriter a Private Message Add meriter to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
aquila
Champion Thread Killer

A couple questions,

Are you planning on mastering each track separately? Would you prefer an completely unmastered track be submitted? 44.1/24 seems an odd format otherwise.

Is it also safe to assume you want a DJ-friendly intro and outro?

Finally, are we sticking to a specific genre or is open to anything?

Old Post Jun-16-2014 02:08 
Click Here to See the Profile for aquila Click here to Send aquila a Private Message Visit aquila's homepage! Add aquila to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
atxbigballer1
Supreme tranceaddict

I was in the 1st Chapter, and I will work on a song for the 2nd Chapter.
I am in!
July 31

"It's not the equipment....it's the muthaf@#%r running it"

quote:
Originally posted by Pagan-za
Fighting online is like winning the special Olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded.

Old Post Jun-16-2014 06:18 
Click Here to See the Profile for atxbigballer1 Click here to Send atxbigballer1 a Private Message Add atxbigballer1 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Raphie
Mr. Incredible

quote:
Originally posted by aquila
A couple questions,

Are you planning on mastering each track separately? Would you prefer an completely unmastered track be submitted? 44.1/24 seems an odd format otherwise.

Is it also safe to assume you want a DJ-friendly intro and outro?

Finally, are we sticking to a specific genre or is open to anything?

Yes each track is going to be mastered seperately yoy need to deliver an unmastered track. Genres i'm open to anything

Old Post Jun-16-2014 06:44  Netherlands
aquila
Champion Thread Killer

Great! I'm just finishing something up now. I'll WT it to you soon

Old Post Jun-16-2014 23:04 
Click Here to See the Profile for aquila Click here to Send aquila a Private Message Visit aquila's homepage! Add aquila to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Teezdalien
Mr. Green Genes

Hey Raphie, did you get that track/msg I sent via WT?

A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians. - FZ

Old Post Jun-17-2014 00:17  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Teezdalien Click here to Send Teezdalien a Private Message Add Teezdalien to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > TA Colors 2014 - the 2nd Chapter
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (16): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread