Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > Hive (U-He) - new synth especially for dance producers
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Innocence Lost
Supreme tranceaddict

Hive (U-He) - new synth especially for dance producers

This is where Hive belongs - under flashing lights in a packed club on a Friday night. Whether it’s techno, house, trance, electro, drum & bass or dubstep, Hive's feature set and attitude are aimed squarely at the dance floor.

While all of u-he previous synths found homes working in the world of dance music production, Hive was created specifically with dance music producers in mind. The single page streamlined interface is packed with features and options to help you get your sound just right (or wrong in just the right way). Best of all, Hive uses very little CPU."

Features preview:

Very low CPU usage
switch Hive’s engine to different basic characters, on the fly
(buzzword translation would be: Multi Synth Engine Technology™)
1 to 16x unison for each of the 4 oscillators for “super” sounds
2 main oscillators, 2 sub-oscillators
2 multimode filters
Step sequencer & arpeggiator
12 slot modulation matrix with 2 targets per slot, 4 envelopes (ADSR), 2 LFOs
7 built in effects
Single screen interface

Old Post Dec-04-2014 00:03  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Innocence Lost Click here to Send Innocence Lost a Private Message Add Innocence Lost to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
tehlord
Supreme tranceaddict

I'm trying to get hold of a beta when it's available so I can do some factory content.

Me an 500 other people

Old Post Dec-04-2014 10:01  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for tehlord Click here to Send tehlord a Private Message Add tehlord to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
kaboom75
Junior tranceaddict

I want to get to work on some phaser supersaw pads. I'm hoping it can pull off some like the Korg Radias can do. If not it's no big deal I can already do some good enough with DIVA's supersaw.

Korg Radias https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fE_bS942gWg

Urs is extending the coupon code to cover HIVE. Do the u-he survey if you want it. Sounds like it will be released as a beta with some waveforms missing.
Latest Hive GUI

Last edited by kaboom75 on Dec-06-2014 at 23:39

Old Post Dec-06-2014 23:27  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for kaboom75 Click here to Send kaboom75 a Private Message Add kaboom75 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
kaboom75
Junior tranceaddict

Some trance music done with u-he HIVE

By VitaminD done with HIVE but not the percussion.
http://www.auralscape.com/the_hive_loop_fades.mp3

Hive public beta is not available yet.

Last edited by kaboom75 on Dec-12-2014 at 15:19

Old Post Dec-12-2014 13:40  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for kaboom75 Click here to Send kaboom75 a Private Message Add kaboom75 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
cryophonik
Lunik Fanatik

Hive public beta is now available.

Intro price is $99.

Sonar X3 | Pro Tools 11 | Logic Pro X | Access Virus TI2 Keyboard | Kurzweil PC3X | DSI Mopho X4 | NI Maschine

Old Post Dec-19-2014 18:22  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for cryophonik Click here to Send cryophonik a Private Message Visit cryophonik's homepage! Add cryophonik to your buddy list cryophonik is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
kevin shawn
Like a six ton megabomb

quote:
Originally posted by cryophonik
Hive public beta is now available.

Intro price is $99.

Hmmmm....At that price, do you think this is a good purchase?

Old Post Dec-20-2014 01:10  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for kevin shawn Click here to Send kevin shawn a Private Message Add kevin shawn to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

Wait, I'm confused. Is Hive synleth2? If so, why did they release the Beta, the same day as they finally made syntleth1 64bit!

Old Post Dec-20-2014 02:56 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
tehlord
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by DJ RANN
Wait, I'm confused. Is Hive synleth2? If so, why did they release the Beta, the same day as they finally made syntleth1 64bit!

Hive is a U-He product not a Lennar Digital one, it's just based very, very heavily on the Sylenth layout and feature set.

Fired up the beta today and made a very short straight up trance demo.

Old Post Dec-20-2014 15:56  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for tehlord Click here to Send tehlord a Private Message Add tehlord to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
kaboom75
Junior tranceaddict

It's unfinished but good enough for me. It's designed for the same crowd as Sylenth1 but has its own tone and features.
The beta is free to use until the beta serial runs out.

Download http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewt...p?f=31&t=427734

Features preview:
Very low CPU usage
switch Hive’s engine to different basic characters, on the fly
(buzzword translation would be: Multi Synth Engine Technology™)
1 to 16x unison for each of the 4 oscillators for “super” sounds
2 main oscillators, 2 sub-oscillators
2 multimode filters
Step sequencer & arpeggiator
12 slot modulation matrix with 2 targets per slot, 4 envelopes (ADSR), 2 LFOs
7 built in effects
Single screen interface

Plugin formats
•Linux VST
•Supports 32bit and 64bit in all formats
•NEW: AAX support for Pro Tools 10 & 11

Tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_CmfFAAF7I

Old Post Dec-20-2014 17:27  United Kingdom
kaboom75
Junior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by DJ RANN

Hive is made by u-he, Lennar Digital made Sylenth1.

Hive is what Urs says is made for the type of people that would buy Sylenth1 but it is not a emulation of it just similar workflow and for the EDM crowd.

Old Post Dec-20-2014 17:30  United Kingdom
kaboom75
Junior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by kevin shawn
Hmmmm....At that price, do you think this is a good purchase?

It's an intro price it will go up some time after Hive is finished. Urs said he might make Hive go up to 32 or 64 unison. It's made by u-he so has u-he sound quality.

Old Post Dec-20-2014 17:32  United Kingdom
Innocence Lost
Supreme tranceaddict

I still need to try this out, does it have any good texture presets?

Old Post Dec-20-2014 21:19  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Innocence Lost Click here to Send Innocence Lost a Private Message Add Innocence Lost to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > Hive (U-He) - new synth especially for dance producers
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread