Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > March GAS, Here We Go Again. Whoooooot!
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Innocence Lost
WhO Cares AkA Sir Pounce

Behold, my arse. March GAS, Here We Go Again. Whoooooot!

Selling my PMC's for passive versions and getting a bryston amp. I prefer the sound external amp and passive monitors like raph.

I just connect an ART SLA 2 to my behringer 5inch I think passive monitors and they just blow away the DSP active 5000 dollar PMC;s lmao.

can't wait for the trade

Anyway what are y'all planning to get for March.

Last edited by Innocence Lost on Feb-25-2015 at 04:42

Old Post Feb-23-2015 22:01  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Innocence Lost Click here to Send Innocence Lost a Private Message Add Innocence Lost to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mr.Mystery
What?

Sweet jesus.

Old Post Feb-23-2015 23:05  Finland
Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.Mystery Click here to Send Mr.Mystery a Private Message Add Mr.Mystery to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Innocence Lost
WhO Cares AkA Sir Pounce

Hell yea

Old Post Feb-23-2015 23:14  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Innocence Lost Click here to Send Innocence Lost a Private Message Add Innocence Lost to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Innocence Lost
WhO Cares AkA Sir Pounce

I'm thinking of making a track on these behringers and getting my other stands with the other isolation pads. shit is raw.

Old Post Feb-23-2015 23:14  United States
djnitride

I stopped caring about GAS and started to learn to use what I already have.... until Omnisphere 2 is released

Sold a bunch of stuff I didn't use or didn't have a future in preparation: Alchemy, Corona, DUNE 2 and Bazille.

Old Post Feb-24-2015 01:02  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for djnitride Click here to Send djnitride a Private Message Add djnitride to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Innocence Lost
WhO Cares AkA Sir Pounce

Yo, can;t go wrong with more ethereal textures. Talk about plug in synth of the year.

I was looking for a dune 2 license a month ago.

Old Post Feb-24-2015 01:05  United States
djnitride

quote:
Originally posted by Innocence Lost
I was looking for a dune 2 license a month ago.

Its a nice synth for pads/stacked synth sounds with great effects but it was rather redundant in my collection and I never took a liking to its filters.

At this point I am going all in on Omnisphere and other stuff from Komplete for my synthesis needs. Kaleidoscope is pretty much my goto sound design tool for super lush evolving sounds that DUNE 2 can do... Not to mention Absynth is still great at that.

Old Post Feb-24-2015 01:15  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for djnitride Click here to Send djnitride a Private Message Add djnitride to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Innocence Lost
WhO Cares AkA Sir Pounce

quote:
Originally posted by djnitride
Its a nice synth for pads/stacked synth sounds with great effects but it was rather redundant in my collection and I never took a liking to its filters.

At this point I am going all in on Omnisphere and other stuff from Komplete for my synthesis needs. Kaleidoscope is pretty much my goto sound design tool for super lush evolving sounds that DUNE 2 can do... Not to mention Absynth is still great at that.

Kaleidoscope looks awesome, I should try it. I;m still on the lookout for a komplete upgrade license. I haven't used absynth in awhile altho its a great tool, i miss it. Atm i'm not using any hardware except my TR-8 for drums and percussion until I master theory so than i can use it in full capacity. Its like i don't want to use my best sounds so early in my stage of my hobby career you know?

Old Post Feb-24-2015 01:25  United States
evo8
Virtual Wannabe

Cant believe all the stuff that is getting released at around the time that ive just bought a house. For now all my money is going on poxy shit like blinds and coffee tables

Still want:
MFB Dominion 1 or Prophet 6
MFB Tanzbar or TR-8
Roland System 1

Old Post Feb-24-2015 05:16  Ireland
Click Here to See the Profile for evo8 Click here to Send evo8 a Private Message Visit evo8's homepage! Add evo8 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
aquila
Champion Thread Killer

Been wanting to get this for over a year. But life kept getting in the way (bills, car repairs, etc):

Focusrite Scarlett 18i20

Old Post Feb-24-2015 09:50 
Click Here to See the Profile for aquila Click here to Send aquila a Private Message Visit aquila's homepage! Add aquila to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
tehlord
Supreme tranceaddict

New fucking car

Grrrrrrrrr

Old Post Feb-24-2015 13:39  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for tehlord Click here to Send tehlord a Private Message Add tehlord to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Robotrance
Sup

What the fucking hell? You're selling the pmc with dsp to get passive ones? You got it all wrong boy, that's a stupid move. First of all you wouldn't understand how to connect that many items in a chain with different cables. Speaker cables to amp. Xlr to 6mm jack from amp to soundcard, it's just too much to handle for your brain. Secondly how the hell are you suppose to be able to level the setup? Using the soundcard level or the amp level or maybe both? Too many options dude your heads gonna explode. Then we have the bad stuff with passive speakers. Passive filters eating power. Noise, bad amp matching, unreliable frequency response due to ohm curves on both amp and speakers. I don't seen how you will be able to match speakers and Amps yourself especially in a non treated room like yours. And all this just to render the same two minute intro? You should use headphones through your PC minijack only. Stop bother your parents with noise and wasting their money. The fact that you like behringer and the shitty PA amp better than the PMCs tells me all I need to know. You haven't set it up correctly.

Old Post Feb-24-2015 14:06 
Click Here to See the Profile for Robotrance Click here to Send Robotrance a Private Message Add Robotrance to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > March GAS, Here We Go Again. Whoooooot!
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (7): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread