Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > Building a pc
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
LoveHate

Building a pc

I have a budget of $2000 but if i can get away with spending less and still have a great build that will last me years to come i am open to suggestions !!

So far i have decided on the i7 7700 kraby lake as my cpu...

Thinking about going with 32 gb of ram..

Old Post Oct-29-2017 18:43  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for LoveHate Click here to Send LoveHate a Private Message Add LoveHate to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
tehlord
Supreme tranceaddict

Go to Scan.co.uk

Check out their audio specific workstations and build your spec from there (you can pick custom build and see individual component choices).

They have a legendary testing team who understand audio PC's.

$2k is more than enough.

Old Post Oct-29-2017 21:43  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for tehlord Click here to Send tehlord a Private Message Add tehlord to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SystematicX1
Supreme tranceaddict

Re: Building a pc

quote:
Originally posted by LoveHate

Thinking about going with 32 gb of ram..

Overkill

Old Post Oct-30-2017 08:48  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for SystematicX1 Click here to Send SystematicX1 a Private Message Add SystematicX1 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LoveHate

Re: Re: Building a pc

quote:
Originally posted by SystematicX1
Overkill

perhaps, but i never want to be second best you know? i want to be the best.

but nah you say that now, but when you have all of those vst's running and those plugins stacked up, it might come in handy.

Old Post Oct-30-2017 13:54  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for LoveHate Click here to Send LoveHate a Private Message Add LoveHate to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SystematicX1
Supreme tranceaddict

Re: Re: Re: Building a pc

quote:
perhaps, but i never want to be second best you know? i want to be the best.

but nah you say that now, but when you have all of those vst's running and those plugins stacked up, it might come in handy.

The factors that affect you are your CPU, the current DSP/processor load, your interface, interface driver quality, sample buffer size, your USB chain, sample rate (you will sometimes hear people say that higher sample rate = lower latency, but they often don't realize that higher sample rates actually need bigger buffer sizes to deliver the same amount of protection that smaller buffer sizes provide at lower sample rates.
CPU is everything. Do not get me wrong memory is very important but CPU should be your priority

Old Post Oct-30-2017 19:57  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for SystematicX1 Click here to Send SystematicX1 a Private Message Add SystematicX1 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LoveHate

Re: Re: Re: Re: Building a pc

quote:
Originally posted by SystematicX1
The factors that affect you are your CPU, the current DSP/processor load, your interface, interface driver quality, sample buffer size, your USB chain, sample rate (you will sometimes hear people say that higher sample rate = lower latency, but they often don't realize that higher sample rates actually need bigger buffer sizes to deliver the same amount of protection that smaller buffer sizes provide at lower sample rates.
CPU is everything. Do not get me wrong memory is very important but CPU should be your priority

you seem to know a lot more about computers than i do !

i respect your advice as well as everyone else in this thread so far

i've been looking around at various components, and i came up with this, its frustrating because there is so many different stuff out there, but what do you think ?? overkill ??

kind of going for a rgb theme

its in canadian dollars btw, ideally if i had to chose between style or substance, i'd want both.

Old Post Oct-30-2017 23:29  Canada
Zoso
Unicorn Cawk!

Although the guide is not geared towards audio-specific builds, I always learn something from Tech Report's regularly updated System Guide. Here's a link to the September 2017 guide:

http://techreport.com/review/32474/...er-2017-edition

Old Post Oct-31-2017 00:51  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Zoso Click here to Send Zoso a Private Message Add Zoso to your buddy list Zoso is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MSZ
bypass

Why do you need 750 watts if you have no GPUS?

Old Post Nov-02-2017 14:57  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for MSZ Click here to Send MSZ a Private Message Add MSZ to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LoveHate

quote:
Originally posted by MSZ
Why do you need 750 watts if you have no GPUS?

I dont really know i just assumed that i needed it , looked at a lot of other builds online and saw that they were all using 750 and up ...black friday is coming up so im going to be on the lookout for deals n stuff

Old Post Nov-02-2017 16:34  Canada
MSZ
bypass

500 W would be overkill for that build unless you plan on gaming and adding a gpu.

Old Post Nov-02-2017 16:40  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for MSZ Click here to Send MSZ a Private Message Add MSZ to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LoveHate

I never played a game on a pc am I missing out?

Old Post Nov-02-2017 17:02  Canada
SystematicX1
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
I never played a game on a pc am I missing out?

Ha! uh..yes!

Old Post Nov-02-2017 19:05  United States

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > Building a pc
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread