Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > Computer Monitor question
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
evo8
Virtual Wannabe

currently have 2 monitors as I like to drag soft synth windows from Live onto the 2nd screen

Thinking of ditching these and getting a single 32" screen - could i still drag stuff from Live to the other side of the screen if I made Live not a fullscreen window?

not sure if anyone will get this question but help please!

Old Post Jul-28-2016 13:21  Ireland
Click Here to See the Profile for evo8 Click here to Send evo8 a Private Message Visit evo8's homepage! Add evo8 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
tehlord
Supreme tranceaddict

Yep

Old Post Jul-28-2016 15:08  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for tehlord Click here to Send tehlord a Private Message Add tehlord to your buddy list tehlord is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
evo8
Virtual Wannabe

quote:
Originally posted by tehlord
Yep

excellent. however looks like ill have to upgrade video card, i wanted to get one of those 34" behemoths...

Old Post Jul-28-2016 21:35  Ireland
Click Here to See the Profile for evo8 Click here to Send evo8 a Private Message Visit evo8's homepage! Add evo8 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
tehlord
Supreme tranceaddict

Well all I did was shrink the Live window and I was able to drag plugins outside onto the Windows desktop, it worked just fine.

I think if I was going to go with one monitor I'd go with a super widescreen one.

If you can run two monitors surely you can run one larger one?

Old Post Jul-28-2016 21:42  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for tehlord Click here to Send tehlord a Private Message Add tehlord to your buddy list tehlord is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
evo8
Virtual Wannabe

My video card specs say otherwise, max resolution up to 2560 or something - i wanted to go higher res

Super widescreen is 21:9 ratio right? Cant decide if thats good or bad - from what i read this afternoon the consensus seems to be its better when you go past 32"

Old Post Jul-28-2016 21:44  Ireland
tehlord
Supreme tranceaddict

Ah yes I guess if you have a single resolution limit.

I'm not sure what aspect ratio the big screens are, I have a feeling they vary.

I know OCUK have a good selection.

I have a couple of composer pals who are succesfully using large screen TVs as monitor screens which might save you a bit of cash, 4k would be the way to go though.

Old Post Jul-28-2016 21:46  United Kingdom
evo8
Virtual Wannabe

cool mate

yeah i mightnt bother in the end, the hassle of researching what brand blah blah
- main reason was for the summer time i was gonna hang in the studio room a bit more - so maybe wanted a better screen for watching the odd movie or whatever, the bezels spoil that on the 2 screens

Old Post Jul-28-2016 21:48  Ireland
tehlord
Supreme tranceaddict

I dunno, there are some 32" 4k TVs around for silly money now. Might be worth a punt.

Old Post Jul-28-2016 21:57  United Kingdom
evo8
Virtual Wannabe

quote:
Originally posted by tehlord
I dunno, there are some 32" 4k TVs around for silly money now. Might be worth a punt.

mate reckons the resolution is shite on them for computer purposes, i dunno, would look a bit mad on my desktop anyway, height wise

Old Post Jul-28-2016 23:15  Ireland
Andy28
Sandancer

The resolution on them should be fine its not like you are gaming on them where other factors might come into play....

Tbh I personally find 32" (standard TV size) too big anyway I think 27" would be the max I'd go to unless it was a super wide ratio then yeah by all means I would go a bit higher. I guess it would depend how far away you're sitting from it?

I've got 2 24" monitors and I've often thought about ditching them myself in favour for 1 larger sized monitor.

Old Post Jul-29-2016 21:09 
Click Here to See the Profile for Andy28 Click here to Send Andy28 a Private Message Add Andy28 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
evo8
Virtual Wannabe

quote:
Originally posted by Andy28
The resolution on them should be fine its not like you are gaming on them where other factors might come into play....

Tbh I personally find 32" (standard TV size) too big anyway I think 27" would be the max I'd go to unless it was a super wide ratio then yeah by all means I would go a bit higher. I guess it would depend how far away you're sitting from it?

I've got 2 24" monitors and I've often thought about ditching them myself in favour for 1 larger sized monitor.

Yeah i need to do more research on it - when doing music obviously ill be pretty close to it, I'm thinking 27" might be on the small side...

Old Post Jul-30-2016 13:34  Ireland
tehlord
Supreme tranceaddict

I have a 27" IPS screen at normal desk/face distance and for me I wouldn't want to have anything bigger than 1080p resolution for comfortable viewing. Ideally I'd have a 1440p screen, 32" but another foot further back.

I think 1440p is too small for a 27" screen and encourages bad posture and squinting.

Old Post Jul-30-2016 14:40  United Kingdom

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > Computer Monitor question
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread