Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > Mastercheck loudness introduction
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Raphie
Mastering Engineer

Guys, I would recommend to watch below Youtube video
It's not the product itself that's that interesting, but the overal message.

Loudness will work AGAINST you, if you don't know how to hit the target loudness G spot

Dynamic is the new loud, but even dynamic tracks can be too loud for these platforms.
Watch and learn.

http://youtu.be/AfDRppA8o18

Last edited by Raphie on Jul-01-2015 at 16:01

Old Post Jul-01-2015 15:51  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Raphie Click here to Send Raphie a Private Message Visit Raphie's homepage! Add Raphie to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Kthought
Senior tranceaddict

follow up question, I thought -12dBFS was a good rms g-spot? is that right? a master that sits around -16 will be good for streaming but what about dancefloor/tracklists? man, mastering is a high maintenance broad.

Old Post Jul-02-2015 00:48  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Kthought Click here to Send Kthought a Private Message Add Kthought to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

fucking amazing that a video on levels and audio standards has terrible rock mixed right at the worst possible volume to track what he's saying.

Honestly, I couldn't get through the first minute of that video as my hands were screaming for the vox fader to shut that bitch in the background up.

The irony is incredible.

Old Post Jul-02-2015 01:19 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Looney4Clooney
Supreme tranceaddict

i disagree to a point in that the litmus test is the iphone in a medium loud environment. You shouldn't have to adjust the volume. Sad but true. Its unfortunate devices can 't do this for you or have a way to issue different masters depending on the medium but that gets complicated and if people have to make a choice , forget it.

Old Post Jul-02-2015 04:06 
Click Here to See the Profile for Looney4Clooney Click here to Send Looney4Clooney a Private Message Add Looney4Clooney to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Raphie
Mastering Engineer

It means different masters for different targets for me.
You can go louder for Beatport, or need to comply with MFIT If you aim at digital streaming.

RANN yes it's not the most elegant example, but for me it was more to paint the overal picture for the ones who are not aware. There are platforms which squeeze you into a corner, it's just better to be prepared rather than dissapointed once on there.

The funny thing is that aggregators don't distinct yet so often you only have the oppy for uploading 1 master

Last edited by Raphie on Jul-02-2015 at 09:00

Old Post Jul-02-2015 05:33  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Raphie Click here to Send Raphie a Private Message Visit Raphie's homepage! Add Raphie to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Kthought
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Looney4Clooney
the litmus test is the iphone in a medium loud environment...

This realization makes me want to kick a puppy. Obama ought to give all kids a kenwood 52x4 car reciever and 2 10"s in a sealed box so they know what music fucking sounds like.

Old Post Yesterday 11:33  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Kthought Click here to Send Kthought a Private Message Add Kthought to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > Mastercheck loudness introduction
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread