tranceaddict Forums

tranceaddict Forums (www.tranceaddict.com/forums)
- Music Discussion
-- What's gonna happen with trance music???
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »

Posted by sandman23 on May-10-2012 05:54:

What's gonna happen with trance music???

What is going to happen with trance music... if artists like John O'Callaghan and Giuseppe Ottaviani or John Askew....gonna go the same way as most of the trance artists?????

Posted by Pokit on May-10-2012 07:51:

Implying that they already haven't done so?

Posted by RebeL9 on May-10-2012 09:06:

THEY HAVEN'T ALREADY?!
OH MY GAWD!

Posted by justin on May-10-2012 10:23:

all i need is my Rebel9 mix and thats all

Posted by almcd on May-10-2012 12:32:

quote:
Originally posted by Euforix
Don't worry, Armin's gonna save us all.

10 minute Jesus pose FTW... followed by sacred raising of headphones into the air with one hand, all whilst staring at the mixer

Posted by Looney4Clooney on May-10-2012 13:08:

SELL ! SELL !

maybe Obama will issue a stimulus package. But seriously, if you would had a perspective that expanded more than 3 years, you would find your statement kinda retarded.

Posted by justin on May-10-2012 13:11:

"Jesus Christ was the only Christian, and he diesd on the cross"
Neitzche

Posted by Light The Fuse on May-10-2012 14:23:

Obama will finish his second term then take trance to the next level.

Posted by Alero50 on May-10-2012 14:38:

quote:
Originally posted by almcd
10 minute Jesus pose FTW... followed by sacred raising of headphones into the air with one hand, all whilst staring at the mixer

Nowadays that's correct. But implying that Armin is a bad mixer, would be very false, very.

Posted by rdevito on May-10-2012 14:45:

Re: What's gonna happen with trance music???

quote:
Originally posted by sandman23
What is going to happen with trance music... if artists like John O'Callaghan and Giuseppe Ottaviani or John Askew....gonna go the same way as most of the trance artists?????

They are already incredibly boring.

Posted by Swamper on May-10-2012 17:23:

quote:
Originally posted by Light The Fuse
Obama will finish his second term then take trance to the next level.

omg this is hilarious

Posted by SYSTEM-J on May-10-2012 17:24:

Trance music has been getting a lot better in the last 18 months or so.

Posted by Adam420 on May-10-2012 17:28:

post examples then

Posted by SYSTEM-J on May-10-2012 17:51:

All of these are just from the last six months.

Posted by paulversuspaul on May-10-2012 18:14:

See Above! Trance is actually healthier now than it has been for a while because of the growing quality of great up and coming producers like cosmithex in the underground. Commercial trance as a quality genre died nearly 10 years ago. Its time to move on and listen to great trance being produced by guys who dont sell out giant stadiums.

Posted by Alero50 on May-10-2012 18:18:

Cosmithex plays to huge crowds.

Posted by SYSTEM-J on May-10-2012 18:25:

quote:
Originally posted by Alero50
Cosmithex plays to huge crowds.

I strongly question the validity of this statement.

Posted by Adam420 on May-10-2012 18:37:

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J

All of these are just from the last six months.

Nice. Nothing that sounds terribly new but those are all solid for sure.

Posted by Alero50 on May-10-2012 18:40:

So yes System J my statement was based on a broader view of progpsy and psy artist touring, on said cosmithex I couldn't find a single bit of info on a single live set. strange.

But as a whole, ace ventura, Liquid soul, Ovnimoon they all play in festivals and massive parties around the world, for example in Israel there will be at least a couple of big productions every month, which includes thousands of people, that plays psy.

And then you have the big festivals in EU, Boom, Ozora, Etc.
And we can go on.

So basically, they're playing for big crowds.

That leads me to a further subject which is. (Mainstream = bigcrowds) =/= Underground = Smallcrowds.

But that is a whole different topic, tl;dr

And yup Inb4 saying I mentioned psy artists, yeah I know, but today's trance really dips into that territory

Posted by SYSTEM-J on May-10-2012 18:44:

quote:
Originally posted by Adam420
Nice. Nothing that sounds terribly new but those are all solid for sure.

I could have posted a lot more, especially if I dipped into more psychedelic territory. I know it's default mode to simply moan about trance being shit or dead or in decline, but I lose respect for anyone still doing that because they simply aren't keeping up with what's going on.

Posted by SYSTEM-J on May-10-2012 18:49:

quote:
Originally posted by Alero50
So yes System J my statement was based on a broader view of progpsy and psy artist touring, on said cosmithex I couldn't find a single bit of info on a single live set. strange.

Even setting aside that I don't consider Cosmithex to be very psychedelic at all, he's a brand new producer whereas Ovnimoon, Ace Ventura and co have all been around for 5-10 years or more and are established on the festival circuit.

But yes, "underground" is not the same as "unpopular", especially in the case of psy trance.

Posted by Adam420 on May-10-2012 18:54:

In Montreal, underground trance is VERY underground. Moreso than techno and dubstep. Although it does lean mostly towards goa and prog-psy.

Posted by Woony on May-10-2012 19:04:

quote:
Originally posted by Adam420
In Montreal, underground trance is VERY underground. Moreso than techno and dubstep. Although it does lean mostly towards goa and prog-psy.

Isn't that the case almost everywhere? I mean pretty much no city has more than 1-2 clubs that occasionally invite the big trancecracker DJs and play mainstream-trance. The rest as all very underground/psy oriented.

Posted by paulversuspaul on May-10-2012 19:08:

I did not mean that someone like cosmithex cant play at a festival, but he isnt going to close out ULTRA anytime soon. Neither is Solar Fields or J00F. That is in stark contrast to the fact that Sasha and Digweed and Paul Van Dyk used to always close out festivals like Homelands or Ultra playing progressive and Trance music. Those days are long gone.

Posted by Adam420 on May-10-2012 19:21:

quote:
Originally posted by Woony
Isn't that the case almost everywhere? I mean pretty much no city has more than 1-2 clubs that occasionally invite the big trancecracker DJs and play mainstream-trance. The rest as all very underground/psy oriented.

Yea, well I meant that underground trance is even more underground than any techno or anything else. Like much more "off the beaten path".

Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »