TranceAddict Forums

TranceAddict Forums (www.tranceaddict.com/forums)
- Music Producers Promotion
-- TA Allstars track done now

Posted by Richard Butler on Feb-25-2012 00:33:

TA Allstars track done now

I've done all I can, hopefully it's mixed ok now and ready to send off to Raphie.

Raphie, this is merely slammed into a freeware limiter but I quite like the way it pumps, maybe you can aim for this feel in your mastered version. I'll remind you in the text document I send over.

Posted by TranceLover007 on Feb-25-2012 00:39:

I'm on it on SC right now, I was a bit confuse as SC show this as "uploaded a new track" but 23 days ago lol - did you replace your old one?

Cheers Richard,

Darek

Posted by TranceLover007 on Feb-25-2012 00:47:

Will leave my comments on SC if you don't mind, like it so far man, what a change. Is this for our compilation set?

Cheers,

Darek

Posted by mathieu on Feb-25-2012 01:41:

Good track, I like the vibe, I find it pretty In Search Of Sunrise-ish!

Here's my critique now: I don't like the snare that's pushed forward, I think it clashed with the kick transient and I feel like it sounds like a flam everytime the snare hits. So, id like to hear a snare that has a duller transient. Also that 1 snare hit that happens in the intro and carries on in the track annoys me in the same way, it always sounds like a flam and i like when the snare and kick really gel. I think the snares are well placed, just that you use the wrong sound, needs something with a duller transient that gels with the kick.

Also I feel like the last 4 bars before the 1st break are too much, it feels like its going to drop but then it keeps going for 4 bars and then drops but i feel like the last 4 bars dont add pressure and just make the break release less tension.

Also I love the 2nd break, why not keep one of the elements that play in the break like the guitar-y sound when the beat comes back in.

This is all IMO of course, hope it gives perspective

Posted by EddieZilker on Feb-25-2012 02:57:

Rhythmically, on the second drop, I'm hearing a lot of clashing that doesn't sound right but overall, I'm kind of digging the tune.

Posted by Julz on Feb-25-2012 10:59:

Do i hear requiem for a dream in the breakdown? :P

I think you got too many perc's and clicks before the breakdown.
And bass isnt driving me.

But i like the melody, great sound and like where this could go.

Not a fan of the FX thou

Posted by Raphie on Feb-25-2012 14:29:

I WANT THIS ON THERE!

Posted by Richard Butler on Feb-25-2012 23:49:

quote:
Originally posted by Julz

And bass isnt driving me.

Thx everyone for the advice, I'm on it.

This one I wanted to look at right now - any example of a track with a bass you think could be better?

One thing with me though, I don't really do big wall of sound rolling trance bass as for my ears, that wall of sound thing is too fatiguing. I tend not too like much higher freqs in bass when the track is busy like this.

Or is my bass ok sound wise, but maybe too quiet or something?

Posted by Julz on Feb-26-2012 00:00:

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Butler
Thx everyone for the advice, I'm on it.

This one I wanted to look at right now - any example of a track with a bass you think could be better?

One thing with me though, I don't really do big wall of sound rolling trance bass as for my ears, that wall of sound thing is too fatiguing. I tend not too like much higher freqs in bass when the track is busy like this.

Or is my bass ok sound wise, but maybe too quiet or something?

Its missing the low end to me and sound abit static. Maybe add some swing?
But I love rolling bass lines soo maybe this just personal preference.

I'd make a bass simmular to this thou

Posted by Evolve140 on Feb-27-2012 00:30:

It's cool man but has some odd clicking...

Posted by Trancelover03591 on Feb-27-2012 04:32:

This really reminds me of something I have heard before. I don't know if it was a previous version you made but I thought I heard this on something before.

Posted by Richard Butler on Mar-04-2012 23:42:

So I've updated it a lot, added all sorts, tried to get bass more pounding etc.

No mastering.

Early intro is boring, need to to fix that. Track gets going around 1.15 really. Also need to do a forensic mix session.

Any thoughts, want to get this right for the TA unicorn ride.

Posted by Julz on Mar-05-2012 16:48:

I like this! Melody is great and love the mid bass

Posted by EddieZilker on Mar-07-2012 03:20:

This sounds excellent, as usual. Can definitely hear this on the album. Very trancy while still maintaining your stamp. Nice work.

Posted by Richard Butler on Mar-16-2012 23:47:

I've done all I can, hopefully it's mixed ok now and ready to send off to Raphie.

Raphie, this is merely slammed into a freeware limiter but I quite like the way it pumps, maybe you can aim for this feel in your mastered version. I'll remind you in the text document I send over.