TranceAddict Forums

TranceAddict Forums (www.tranceaddict.com/forums)
- Past Events
-- 2012.05.19-2012.05.20 Electric Daisy Carnival to NYC
Pages (20): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »

Posted by DisBejS on Mar-03-2012 02:12:

Duh. My baddddd

Posted by Dreyth on Mar-03-2012 03:20:

Since when did this place look like bb forums with all this gifs and stuff?

Posted by Neonbeats on Mar-03-2012 04:12:

quote:
Originally posted by skalariak
I hope John is not skipping a whole night over this bullshit festival. I'm pissed man. Idk why they bring him to such a shit event knowing that this fucking kids just want to hear farts and farts and farts. They don't like him. He is boring to them. Bring djsnoopadelic instead.

Well I got tix to this so I'm glad he's gonna be there

Posted by SebG on Mar-03-2012 18:37:

quote:
Originally posted by Dreyth
Since when did this place look like bb forums with all this gifs and stuff?

Do you even lift brah?

LMAO @ the line up

Posted by trojans14 on Mar-03-2012 19:21:

^I was wondering what bb forums were. The only thing that came to my mind was bare backing and I thought "theres forums for that?!" and "what kind of gifs are on those forums?!" lol. I need to get my head out of the gutter.

Posted by Sedna on Mar-04-2012 00:27:

I'm pissed that they are wasting Digweed's time with this shit. I agree, nobody at EDC wants to see him. Nobody is going to care. Everyone is going to be asking "who's the boring techno guy on stage," because anything that doesn't have farty basslines and huge supersaw leads is "crappy techno" to these people. Then he'll get a terrible crowd reaction and we won't see him for another two years.

Commercial EDM needs to hurry up and die. I liked it better when all these scene kids listened to emo music, and at least the emo music wasn't ALWAYS complete garbage.

Posted by Sedna on Mar-04-2012 00:31:

quote:
Originally posted by AY STAR
now his set in the sunday school tent the year before was straight up jiz in my pants

Oh man that was so fucking good. I left Armin's stage to see what Digweed was bangin' out and I was so happy. Plus the Sunday School stage was fucking sweet, if I remember correctly they made it look like a forest or some shit. Such a great way to close out EZoo that weekend...

Posted by DeedzNutz99 on Mar-04-2012 01:09:

quote:
Originally posted by Neonbeats
I wonder how many tents they'll have. I mean in the stadium you have the mainstage, can you even have another tent in there? Maybe the rest of the tents will be outside the stadium. It's gonna be an awkward setup I feel.

That's exactly what I was thinking. My buddy said they can move out the smaller bleachers, don't know how true that is though. But I remember reading that they were going to use the surrounding parking lots as well, which is what I'm hoping for.

Posted by aNYthing on Mar-04-2012 02:33:

quote:
Originally posted by AY STAR
iam more excited for skrillex, he won a few grammys so that means he must be good!!!

*tears* holly shit never laughed harder

Posted by AY STAR on Mar-04-2012 05:29:

quote:
Originally posted by Sedna
Commercial EDM needs to hurry up and die. I liked it better when all these scene kids listened to emo music, and at least the emo music wasn't ALWAYS complete garbage.

wont happen anytime soon, big dj's are teaming up with pop star's and makeing commercial hit's and now everyone and their mother is trying to do the same for fame and glory
even top dj's and producers in the past who kept it real are now switching styles to cater to the new generation of edm

instead of seeing all the same "prance" dj's who come here every few months and just play the same producer set's they play week in a week out (cosmic gate,svd,armin,above and beyond,arty,dash berlin etc etc) save your $ and support your local dj's and underground parties, as well as bigger dj's who dont come around very often who are still keeping the scene alive with non commercial music

Posted by PvDoBseSSioN on Mar-05-2012 14:15:

wait is fatboy slim no longer playing??? he's not on the website anymore

Posted by Armitage350 on Mar-05-2012 15:05:

quote:
Originally posted by PvDoBseSSioN
wait is fatboy slim no longer playing??? he's not on the website anymore

Yeah I see that, wonder what that's about.

While looking on the FB page, I saw this:

"my friend does, he has 2 tickets for the 2days. Were asking for $450 each or both for $800"

/smdh

Posted by EarnYourKeep on Mar-05-2012 16:14:

am still selling 2 day vip tix, 2k per ticket -- comes with a balloon of nitro gratis

Posted by diabloargentino on Mar-05-2012 16:20:

i try to keep an open mind with these events and EDM in general.

i don't disagree with the overload of cheese and crap DJs, but this will still be an event i can go to with my girl and our friends and have a great time in.

at the end of the day, that's what EDM is all about for me.

Posted by PvDoBseSSioN on Mar-05-2012 17:32:

quote:
Originally posted by diabloargentino
i try to keep an open mind with these events and EDM in general.

i don't disagree with the overload of cheese and crap DJs, but this will still be an event i can go to with my girl and our friends and have a great time in.

at the end of the day, that's what EDM is all about for me.

yeah its alot of crap dj's and hopefully some big names get added, but its still gonna be a good time

Posted by Eu Pili on Mar-06-2012 03:16:

Exactly.. I understand everyone's complaining but you kinda have to appreciate the fact that its something new in the area.. Bound to hear Save the World 10 times throughout the weekend but I'm just going to enjoy what I can. I've done EZOO 3 times so I might as well give this a shot. Have a group of 15 ppl so it should be a fun weekend..

Booking a room at the Sheraton Meadowlands which is right across the highway from the carnival. Pre-party/after-party?

If enough people from here are going, I'm down to set up a TA meet-up at the carnival..

Dave I still got your number so I'll shoot you a text.

Hopefully some local talent will be added..

Posted by diabloargentino on Mar-06-2012 03:44:

quote:
Originally posted by Eu Pili
Exactly.. I understand everyone's complaining but you kinda have to appreciate the fact that its something new in the area.. Bound to hear Save the World 10 times throughout the weekend but I'm just going to enjoy what I can. I've done EZOO 3 times so I might as well give this a shot. Have a group of 15 ppl so it should be a fun weekend..

Booking a room at the Sheraton Meadowlands which is right across the highway from the carnival. Pre-party/after-party?

If enough people from here are going, I'm down to set up a TA meet-up at the carnival..

Dave I still got your number so I'll shoot you a text.

Hopefully some local talent will be added..

my group did the same thing. we booked a 2 bedroom/2 bathroom suite at homewood suites. came out to about $550 for saturday and sunday night. not too bad between a few people.

Posted by InterMilan31 on Mar-06-2012 03:53:

So we have half a lineup and sold out 2 day packages..

Posted by Neonbeats on Mar-06-2012 04:09:

quote:
Originally posted by InterMilan31
So we have half a lineup and sold out 2 day packages..

Probably more like a 1/4 lineup. But they took it down again.

It sounds like they grossly underestimated the power of NYC/NJ and are going back to the drawing board.

Posted by PvDoBseSSioN on Mar-06-2012 13:53:

i wonder if they are expanding the festival since its got such an overwhelming demand, that's probably why they took down the lineup

i just hope its decently warm that weekend

Posted by EarnYourKeep on Mar-07-2012 02:09:

quote:
Originally posted by PvDoBseSSioN
i wonder if they are expanding the festival since its got such an overwhelming demand, that's probably why they took down the lineup

i just hope its decently warm that weekend

LMAO 'expanding the festival' - i bet they will and then all of the first buyers will want to the 2nd weekend line up.

So let me get this right, digweed's going on for like a 1.5 slot on a gigantic stage with the likes of Avicii, Alesso, and Afrojack?

I say let Digweed play at 6pm and have a BEDROCK night IN the city for a 6 hour set by himself. I mean if digweed knows what he is doing, he'd say pay me for the 1.5 slot but imma do my own shit in the city for my real fans

so more importantly...

WHERE ARE THE AFTER PARTIES?

Posted by Skeptic on Mar-07-2012 06:20:

quote:
Originally posted by EarnYourKeep
LMAO 'expanding the festival' - i bet they will and then all of the first buyers will want to the 2nd weekend line up.

So let me get this right, digweed's going on for like a 1.5 slot on a gigantic stage with the likes of Avicii, Alesso, and Afrojack?

I say let Digweed play at 6pm and have a BEDROCK night IN the city for a 6 hour set by himself. I mean if digweed knows what he is doing, he'd say pay me for the 1.5 slot but imma do my own shit in the city for my real fans

so more importantly...

WHERE ARE THE AFTER PARTIES?

how about 8 hours set and play this beauty at the end?

Posted by EarnYourKeep on Mar-07-2012 16:25:

diggers has been promo'ing that track for a few weeks now

begona, fahad, resolute, someone anyone doing after parties for this weekend?

Posted by drewz926 on Mar-08-2012 00:13:

quote:
Originally posted by skalariak
how about 8 hours set and play this beauty at the end?

bedrock party in nyc this may por favorrrrrrrrr

Posted by shosko on Mar-08-2012 00:37:

EDM festivals in NYC need to split up.. the gap between commercial EDM and the rest of it has really gotten wider in the past year alone. I know so many people that love the commercial stuff and have no idea who Digweed is, or care.. which is fine. Just split the days, or someone throw a proper festival.

On that note, I'm interested to see what Dance.Here.Now does this summer, their festival last year was a promising start....

Pages (20): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »