TranceAddict Forums

TranceAddict Forums (www.tranceaddict.com/forums)
- Past Events
-- 2012.05.19-2012.05.20 Electric Daisy Carnival to NYC
Pages (20): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »

Posted by sandman23 on Feb-26-2012 08:03:

i'm sure the line up will be gueta vs avicii

Posted by PvDoBseSSioN on Feb-26-2012 19:09:

i dont really care about the big mainstream headliners, i just want some good techno

Posted by SebG on Feb-26-2012 19:30:

quote:
Originally posted by PvDoBseSSioN
i dont really care about the big mainstream headliners, i just want some good techno

Agreed, but seeing as the target demographic would be the mainstream bandwagon people, there won't be much of techno.

Of course, I am probably wrong.

Posted by Sedna on Feb-27-2012 03:20:

No, Seb, you're probably right... unfortunately.

I'm going with 80-90% Dubstep/electrohouse/dutch SHM bullshit, and then 10-20% trance/techno/other.

I hope it has enough decent DJs to make it worthwhile for those of us that don't like commercial EDM... I'd really like to go if the DJs are worth seeing.

Posted by Scoops on Feb-27-2012 03:36:

i think you are going to see that alot of DJs will be picking and choosing between EDC vs E-Zoo

everyone should know how MADE works these days and i wouldn't be surprised if they slapped the Exclusiven tag on some of the DJs that are already booked for E-Zoo

and considering their falling out, i would be surprised if PvD is alreayd one of the headliners for EDC

Posted by PvDoBseSSioN on Feb-27-2012 13:36:

quote:
Originally posted by Scoops

and considering their falling out, i would be surprised if PvD is alreayd one of the headliners for EDC

i wouldn't mind that

Posted by AY STAR on Feb-27-2012 14:47:

not saying it's confirmed, but i seen digweed as well as armin will be touring the states in may so they might be there, just a guess tho

as for the line-up
iam def sayin 75% electro/shm/dubstep/trouse dj's that pacha brings in all the time
25% house/locals/techno dj's

Posted by ISOS4 on Feb-27-2012 16:49:

Does anyone else think this is dumb as fuck. I mean two major edc's within a month??? Talk about GREED, talk about taking away from the once a year MAJOR edc. Now all the people who put there time and effort and trying to make a special event like edc vegas is almost downplayed now. I am so glad im getting edc vegas off my checklist this year cause w a nyc edc at a stadium, the zen will be lost. I dont get it though, ezoo is alrdy in nyc and has been growing for three years, now this!?!? I gues its awesome for the people who dont want to spend the time and effort to get themselves to vegas for such an event. Its like having a coachella on the east coast also, its stupid. I know theres been smaller edcs in the past also with the major one, but not two massive edcs within a month. Im pretty straight with going especially since one of the days is under 18. This whole thing is more aggravating then actually being excited.

Posted by PvDoBseSSioN on Feb-27-2012 17:12:

well ultra came to nyc in 05... and it was awful, but this event is much bigger so we'll see

Posted by gimmebeatz on Feb-27-2012 18:06:

quote:
Originally posted by Scoops
i think you are going to see that alot of DJs will be picking and choosing between EDC vs E-Zoo

everyone should know how MADE works these days and i wouldn't be surprised if they slapped the Exclusiven tag on some of the DJs that are already booked for E-Zoo

i think youll be wrong about PVD headlining EDC cause hes already coming back MDW. i doubt he'd play 2 weekends in a row, but i could be wrong. i got the flyer as i left pacha last weekend after Chus & Ceballos.

Posted by euphoria on Feb-27-2012 18:06:

Companies grow, try new things, and expand all the time lol

Get over it

Posted by DisBejS on Feb-27-2012 20:47:

i hope ticket prices are reasonable. maybe $150 for first release? is that wishful thinking? haha

Posted by arosemore on Feb-28-2012 04:43:

quote:
Originally posted by Burak14
perfect location. 15 minutes from me

i beat you! lol i can see metlife from my house! 2 mins !(yes that means i live in the swamp lmao)

Posted by Excess on Feb-28-2012 15:44:

quote:
Originally posted by arosemore
i beat you! lol i can see metlife from my house! 2 mins !(yes that means i live in the swamp lmao)

im hoping first round of tickets arent absurd

Posted by euphoria on Feb-28-2012 16:13:

quote:
Originally posted by arosemore

Afterparty at ur place? lol

Posted by arosemore on Feb-28-2012 21:41:

LOL! at swamp people.

and yeah sure!!! squeeze all of us into my dinky apartment lol

Posted by Armitage350 on Feb-28-2012 21:42:

quote:
Originally posted by DisBejS
i hope ticket prices are reasonable. maybe $150 for first release? is that wishful thinking? haha

Well my EZ ticket was $220 for 3-days (early bird ticket) with everything included (fees, taxes, etc) so I would hope it would not be much more than $150-160 for both days with everything.

What did an EDC Vegas 3-day cost?

And just a friendly FYI (in case you didn't already see), tickets go on sale this Friday (March 2nd) at 300PM EST.

Posted by PvDoBseSSioN on Feb-29-2012 02:57:

and hopefully the whole line up will be released on friday not just the headliners

Posted by Neonbeats on Feb-29-2012 03:32:

I doubt the announce the lineup this fri

Posted by DeedzNutz99 on Feb-29-2012 04:04:

Hope they put a stage inside Medieval Times...

Posted by Groundhog Boy on Feb-29-2012 04:19:

I'm entertained that people think this will be cheaper than Electric Zoo. And at least EZ has the Sunday School tent. This will be nothing but commercial garbage and the people I hate from EZ all in one shot.

Posted by ISOS4 on Feb-29-2012 18:05:

quote:
Originally posted by euphoria

Get over it

Well if your talking to me i think you really dont care about the feeling you get from one specific festival. Seems like you wouldnt care if there was 4 tomorrowlands in the same year, just in different parts of the country at different times of the year. You still think tomorrowland would be as special, not at all. Part of the festval being so special is actually making it to the once a year thing that gives you the satisfaction of wow i made it to edc vegas, not lets have the time of our lives. Just another massive edc Takes away from the most important one edc vegas. But your probably just happy theres another massive in nyc.

Posted by VenomNYC on Feb-29-2012 18:41:

quote:
Originally posted by euphoria

Get over it

Companies DEVERIFYING is one thing. Bringing EDC to NYC is a joke. If you want to GROW/EXPAND then bring something uniquely New York. Seriously, this just has greed written all over it. I think that the feeling of EDC will be lost. EDC in Vegas does not have the same magic as EDC in LA did. If Insomiac wants to give me a recycled festival I will pass.

Posted by EarnYourKeep on Feb-29-2012 19:26:

greed? you want to talk about greed...

if anything this is the paramount of smart business decisions, this isn't about FEEL or customer identification, it's purely a monetary decision.

the awareness is there, the proof people will travel for a 'festival' is there, the first EDC in NY I'm POSITIVE will FEEL SPECIAL to someone because on the 5th EDC NY festival people will say it doesn't feel same as the FIRST EDC NY festival

so you get pissed right, you complain on forums, you fight AGAINST it when ALL of your friends are going to it. you become like me...jaded but you can't label a business as greedy when they are doing exactly what a business should be doing..making as much money as they can.

im old school, i say fuck all the complaining now what do you all have to complain about? i paid $15 to see Carl Cox and Seb Fontaine in one of the best clubs this world has ever seen (twilo) which in my opinion is up there with Gatecrasher. The real definitive period where EDM was underground...meaning no internet meaning you found out who was coming by getting fliers.

also the other reason why i've never been to 'electric zoo' shit is so much a business that it takes away from the music, this is why most of the warehouse parties get my money cuz there is no red rope to cut through, the down dirty back yard dope progressive music in a shit ass setting.

im positive EDC is going to sell out in the first 2 hours creating a shit ton of crying on forums followed by the outrageous prices people will continue to complain about and then you have the scalpers who dont care to go to the party just want to buy tickets to resell only to find out they are extending the festival for another weekend and then those resellers will start to cry.

shit is so played it's like reading a book only wish i was one who published the book.

Posted by VenomNYC on Feb-29-2012 20:27:

Sorry "mister-old school" I don't care about your "cred" that you're trying to blow up in my face.

Judging by your reply you have become very jaded. Why shouldn't it be about the feeling? I get it marketing/branding... I understand the dynamics of running a business and continued business development and growth, thank you!

"if anything this is the paramount of smart business decisions, this isn't about FEEL or customer identification, it's purely a monetary decision. " That statement is contradictory. If it's about anything it should be about the feeling. Seems a lot of the people in the community forgot about that.

Seems you have lost your way pal. It's not about the music but the money. I am all for warehouses, and flyers, word or mouth underground gatherings. Glad you can avoid a massive, but you can't avoid opening your trap.

I am also glad you think complaining on a forum is played, because if you were soooooooooooooo above it you never would have responded.

PLUR

quote:
Originally posted by EarnYourKeep
greed? you want to talk about greed...

the awareness is there, the proof people will travel for a 'festival' is there, the first EDC in NY I'm POSITIVE will FEEL SPECIAL to someone because on the 5th EDC NY festival people will say it doesn't feel same as the FIRST EDC NY festival

so you get pissed right, you complain on forums, you fight AGAINST it when ALL of your friends are going to it. you become like me...jaded but you can't label a business as greedy when they are doing exactly what a business should be doing..making as much money as they can.

im old school, i say fuck all the complaining now what do you all have to complain about? i paid $15 to see Carl Cox and Seb Fontaine in one of the best clubs this world has ever seen (twilo) which in my opinion is up there with Gatecrasher. The real definitive period where EDM was underground...meaning no internet meaning you found out who was coming by getting fliers.

also the other reason why i've never been to 'electric zoo' shit is so much a business that it takes away from the music, this is why most of the warehouse parties get my money cuz there is no red rope to cut through, the down dirty back yard dope progressive music in a shit ass setting.

im positive EDC is going to sell out in the first 2 hours creating a shit ton of crying on forums followed by the outrageous prices people will continue to complain about and then you have the scalpers who dont care to go to the party just want to buy tickets to resell only to find out they are extending the festival for another weekend and then those resellers will start to cry.

shit is so played it's like reading a book only wish i was one who published the book.

Pages (20): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »