tranceaddict Forums

tranceaddict Forums (www.tranceaddict.com/forums)
- Past Events
-- 2012.05.19-2012.05.20 Electric Daisy Carnival to NYC
Pages (20): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20]

Posted by Frequency Frank on May-21-2012 00:29:

Cox definitely did murder the place. Anybody else hear Danny T play an extremely bizarre set?

Posted by tomrogers on May-21-2012 02:43:

ASOT tent overall had a crazy amount of energy during the day. Tritonal and Jochen Miller had the entire place bouncing. Markus and ATB put on Stellar sets that really got a reaction out of the crowd. First time hearing ATB play "Till I Come" all the way. He usually does an artsy tease and never does it!

Nicole Moudabear definitely got my attention. Carl Cox, Alesso, and a lot of other DJ's did great jobs.

I think the most I heard of one DJ had to be Armin's closing set in the ASOT tent.

Posted by Scoops on May-21-2012 03:44:

I really can't type a review right now.....cause i don't know where to begin......

sooooo many stories from saturday and sunday...that this ranks up there as one of the best personal experiences in my nightlife tenure

Posted by pyro264jb on May-21-2012 04:28:

edc sunday sucked and I have videos to prove it... will post later

Posted by Eu Pili on May-21-2012 05:04:

quote:
Originally posted by Scoops

sooooo many stories from saturday and sunday...that this ranks up there as one of the best personal experiences in my nightlife tenure

Truth.. Same here.

I was overwhelmed with all the great DJ's on Saturday. Everyone wanted to see someone different and I just got to a point where I just did my own thing and DO NOT regret it!

My body aches in pain. Never danced so much in my life.

FYI!

"Pasquale Rotella ‏@PasqualeRotella

Plan 2 Every year! RT @michlynnzube: @PasqualeRotella EDCNY was amazing! Beats were sick and the vibe was awesome! Come back!"

Does anyone else thing this is going to be taking away from EZOO???

Posted by Neonbeats on May-21-2012 07:02:

quote:
Originally posted by pyro264jb

Yeah no

Posted by TRNG on May-21-2012 07:44:

hawtin alone was worth price of admission.

Posted by kingchinc on May-21-2012 16:10:

quote:

yeah it was pretty weak, also got a nice rednose reindeer sunburn to boot, good seeing you out John and the COO of wanttickets

Posted by violethalo on May-21-2012 16:22:

quote:

are you OUT of your MIND? Dubfire, Loco Dice and Richie Hawtin were all so insanely good I can't even process it.

Amazing time both Saturday and Sunday. Had a decent time at ASOT for part of the day Saturday. Rank 1, JOC and Armin rocked it out. My heart was with Neon Garden though. Carl Cox, jesus christ. I thought Digweed was great too.

So excited for Vegas now. I need to see Richie and Carl Cox again immediately.

Posted by Dany Veltri on May-21-2012 17:17:

Carl Cox was amazing on Saturday, best set of the day. I'm pretty sure he played Tenaglia's remix of I feel Loved for Donna Summer. Digweed needs to be in a dark club, last year at EZ and this year at EDC he was so bland.

The ASOT tent was fun but what the hell is with Armin's monster, elaborate intro? Settle down, dude.

Posted by AY STAR on May-21-2012 17:28:

quote:
Originally posted by Dany Veltri
I'm pretty sure he played Tenaglia's remix of I feel Loved for Donna Summer. Digweed needs to be in a dark club, last year at EZ and this year at EDC he was so bland.

wassent there, but the only mix i know of i feel loved is the howells mix...altho i heard dt himself closed out his set with the song also
def props to both of them for supporting donna summer tho

digweed & cox def need to come back to CLUBS, it isent fair seeing them once a year at festivals spining 2 hour sets and thats it

Posted by Neonbeats on May-21-2012 17:28:

Yeah Carl cox was amazing...our entire gang was dancing like a bunch of fucked up retards...good times

Posted by Dany Veltri on May-21-2012 17:36:

quote:
Originally posted by AY STAR
wassent there, but the only mix i know of i feel loved is the howells mix...altho i heard dt himself closed out his set with the song also
def props to both of them for supporting donna summer tho

digweed & cox def need to come back to CLUBS, it isent fair seeing them once a year at festivals spining 2 hour sets and thats it

Yeah, you're absolutely right it was the Howells remix. Stellar.

When was the last time Cox played a club in NY? It's been a while since I've seen him. I forgot how good he is.

Posted by AY STAR on May-21-2012 17:37:

quote:
Originally posted by Dany Veltri

When was the last time Cox played a club in NY? It's been a while since I've seen him. I forgot how good he is.

i think either cielo or pacha back in 2010

Posted by Dany Veltri on May-21-2012 17:39:

quote:
Originally posted by AY STAR
i think either cielo or pacha back in 2010

He's due soon I would hope.

Posted by diabloargentino on May-21-2012 19:05:

quote:
Originally posted by Neonbeats
Yeah Carl cox was amazing...our entire gang was dancing like a bunch of fucked up retards...good times

+ 1. exactly the same here.

richie hawtin was unbelievable last night too - great closing to a great weekend.

armin went a bit too hard for me - good set but relax! i want to hear some TRANCE!

went to the kinetic field for dirty south yesterday - wanted to kill myself. i wish they dropped a bomb on that crowd lol. is that going too far?

overall - pretty amazing weekend. saturday was way too stacked though - they should have switched the dubstep or jacked tent with steve angellos tent on saturday so that sunday could have a bit more variety.

how did afrojack get to play 4 hours last night but actual good DJs only an hour and change?

i went with friends who were all into different things and everyone had a blast.

highlight was definitely seeing every single one of my friends in heaven for every single minute of cox's set. the last time he was here was right before halloween 2010 at cielo. someone get him here ASAP. also - saw the tail end of ATB's set before Armin - he dropped the original smells like teen spirit. no remix or anything - everyone went WILD. really cool moment.

Posted by ccastro86 on May-22-2012 01:02:

quote:
Originally posted by diabloargentino
also - saw the tail end of ATB's set before Armin - he dropped the original smells like teen spirit. no remix or anything - everyone went WILD. really cool moment.

he did the same thing at the end of his set during ultra three or four years ago. the crowd went crazy. I have the video of it somewhere

Posted by Scoops on May-22-2012 01:18:

Where do i begin.....

friday during the day...i'm going back n forth with my friend via e-mails talking about game plans and i'm telling that my concern is parking and getting my car out of there. He then tells me that his concern is getting me a ticket.

Friday night rolls around and i get a call from him saying that he got me a ticket.

Saturday:

We arrive to the stadium around 2pm and he tells me we have to walk all the way to the verizon gate. Now we are parked all the way at lot L12 so its a bit of hike, but nothing another TA had to deal with. My friend tells me that we have to go the media tent to get our tickets. When we get their, we find out there are not tickets for us. instead...WE GOT PRODUCTION Bracelets, which game us backstage and stage access all over the place.

1st stop. Kinetic field. as i'm walking in the back, bump into Michael Woods who just finished his set. Next thing i know i'm on stage and Chris Lake was killing it. Hung out there for a bit and i tell my friend that i'm heading over to the ASOT tent. As i'm walking in the back, i bump into Seid van Riel who might be one of the most chill guys out there. Also bumped in SebG and Big Mike too. Hung out there for a bit and was able to meet the Trintonal guys, JOC and Jochen Miller.

Next went into the stadium and walked into AN21 and Max, they were OK. Hung with Thomas Gold and was saying how he was amped be back in Jersey. Out of nowhere Morillo comes in wearing a Giants Jersey with his name on the back. Went back n forth to the stadium for a bit. I thought Morillo was solid. He proclaimed MetLife stadium as Giants Stadium which was cool. He dropped Max Graham's rmx of Owner of Loney Heart which was a nice treat since i haven't heard that out in a while. Never caught Angello.

The Neon Garden was solid. I thought Diggerz had an amazing set and i thought it was going to be hard Cox to top it. I think they pretty much tied. Both played hammered it out. DT was a bit all over the place. IMO, he really isn't a festival DJ.

Kinetic Field was kool. but i was in and out there for a bit.

Went back to the ASOT tent and I found myself in the ASOT trailer were Armin was doing the live broadcast. Was able to meet Markus, who IMO might one of the must humble DJs out there. Met Emery, nice guy but he has to ditch the members only jacket. ATB was also really chill as well. Didn't think he was a dick and it seemed like he actually he enjoyed himself.

I think the highlight of the night was when I actually put this production bracelet to the test. Security was being very selective on who could go on stage. I see Armin walk up there and i then i figure this is the time to see how much power this thing has. Security down stairs radioed up and i got the OK to be up there. While up there, Armin is standing 2ft away from me. One of the Security personal, goes up to Armin and says " bro you gotta go, select personal only" at this time i got involved and had to tell the guy that he was the next dj going on and he was the headliner. Security apologized to armin and the guy comes over to me and says "Anyone you see up here that doesn't belong, you let me know and i will kick em off". After that had a brief conversation with Armin on how far the scene has evolved over here and that how 10 years ago, any mention of a festival like this would have been a joke. After a while, went back down, talked to Big Mike and before i knew it, was able to get him up on stage with Armin.

Headed out around 10:50 to avoid the traffic getting out which was not bad at all

Spent most of the time between the Kinetic Field and the Neon Garden. thought Jinax were really good, 1st time hearing them and they were solid. Manufactured Superstars were just ehh. Sunnery and Ryan were great. Chuckie was all over place but homey could not shut up on the mix. Dirty South was ok.

In the Neon garden, Magda was solid, Hot Natured was good, Victor was killing it,

had to leave at 7 cause if i stayed later, i was not going to make it to work today

Big Mike and SebG....good times guys!!!!

i apologize if my review seems all over the place but i'm still in awe of what went down this weeknd.......and i consumed a total of 1 beer between both days

Took this pic with my phone yesterday....will post some more later

Posted by arosemore on May-22-2012 04:18:

i didnt think i was going but at the last minute picked up a sunday ticket...

i'd have to say i had way much more fun dancing around to dubfire, loco dice, and hawtin than dirty south n afrojack. i liked DS dont get me wrong but... expected more..and afro? i thought his closing was WEAK at best. maybe i was just too tired from jumping for 12 hours? or are his sets always so lame to please a bandwagon crowd?

other than having a dead phone and losing EVERYONE i was with.. along with minor mishaps.. i'd say i had a rockin time

Posted by Eu Pili on May-22-2012 05:17:

quote:
Originally posted by arosemore
i didnt think i was going but at the last minute picked up a sunday ticket...

i'd have to say i had way much more fun dancing around to dubfire, loco dice, and hawtin than dirty south n afrojack. i liked DS dont get me wrong but... expected more..and afro? i thought his closing was WEAK at best. maybe i was just too tired from jumping for 12 hours? or are his sets always so lame to please a bandwagon crowd?

other than having a dead phone and losing EVERYONE i was with.. along with minor mishaps.. i'd say i had a rockin time

Afro is lame. Type frumunda cheese. You'd probably enjoy Avicii more than Afro.

Posted by edubbz on May-24-2012 13:58:

LOCO DICE, FTW!

is there a set floating around anywhere? pls share/post link, thx.

Posted by Scoops on May-24-2012 22:42:

cool pic of me and ATB

Posted by Patius on Jun-03-2012 16:41:

i know I'm a bit late but here are some videos and pics from Saturday May 19

Videos and Pictures - EDC NYC

Pages (20): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20]