TranceAddict Forums

TranceAddict Forums (www.tranceaddict.com/forums)
- Gaming Forum
-- Skyrim...
Pages (2): [1] 2 »

Posted by KiNeTiC ENeRgY on Nov-11-2011 21:59:

Skyrim...

....is finally here. Amazing game so far...go BUY it. It's worth it!

Posted by Alex on Nov-11-2011 22:17:

Looks BADASS!

Posted by Halcyon+On+On on Nov-11-2011 22:35:

I got it at lunch... it's sitting here on my desk, staring at me... I have a really beast machine here at work, too...

Posted by KiNeTiC ENeRgY on Nov-12-2011 02:31:

quote:
Originally posted by Halcyon+On+On
I got it at lunch... it's sitting here on my desk, staring at me... I have a really beast machine here at work, too...

Do it! Game is just beautiful. Voice acting is superb as well. I'm so happy with it.

Posted by pkcRAISTLIN on Nov-12-2011 03:25:

i STILL havent got rage working, so i will buy this when it is. i really hate pirating, such a hypocrite lol. but so far im enjoying the game. woeful UI on PC though. a real slap in the face.

Posted by KiNeTiC ENeRgY on Nov-12-2011 03:36:

quote:
Originally posted by pkcRAISTLIN
i STILL havent got rage working, so i will buy this when it is. i really hate pirating, such a hypocrite lol. but so far im enjoying the game. woeful UI on PC though. a real slap in the face.

Yea Rage causes rage just trying to get it to work, hehe. You should of pirated that one instead Major texture problems and repetitiveness just killed it for me.

Posted by BTG on Nov-12-2011 04:19:

Call me a trendy loser, but I really wish this game had some kind of multiplayer, just co-op, even just a raw "join my saved game with your character" kind of co-op..

I feel like a loser when I'm just wondering around some giant world by myself with nobody to share in the fun. ;/

Still i'll probably get it later.

Posted by Lews on Nov-12-2011 23:49:

All my friends on Steam are playing this and my I'm not sure that two of my housemates have slept since getting it at midnight. I'll probably buy it once Winter Break starts, I just can't afford to dive into a huge game when I have three big projects due in the next several weeks.

Posted by BTG on Nov-14-2011 05:41:

I duno, wish it could be multiplayer, it's ok though, if you liked oblivion, you'll like this, but if your'e like me and thought it was just OK you'll think this is just OK. unfortunate for me, cause that was my last game i'm buying until next year

Posted by pkcRAISTLIN on Nov-14-2011 06:34:

Skyrim is orders of magnitude better than oblivion.

Posted by BTG on Nov-14-2011 08:31:

quote:
Skyrim is orders of magnitude better than oblivion.

nah, it's the same..just 5 years newer.

though it only feels like a minor update.

Posted by stren on Nov-14-2011 12:09:

Liking it so far, the menus are super annoying though. Animations of the dragons are amazing

Posted by pkcRAISTLIN on Nov-14-2011 13:44:

quote:
Originally posted by BTG
nah, it's the same..just 5 years newer.

you're doing skyrim a disservice. its significantly better almost across the board.

Posted by KiNeTiC ENeRgY on Nov-14-2011 17:21:

quote:
you're doing skyrim a disservice. its significantly better almost across the board.

Agreed.

Posted by Halcyon+On+On on Nov-14-2011 17:35:

This is easily one of the best games I've ever played.

The sheer attention payed to fucking vast amounts of detail is incredible. Yeah, it's super familiar if you played Oblivion, but they improved on it in every way conceivable.

Sometimes I just stop to look around. I'll see some far-off mountain slope, mostly shrouded in fog, but then I'll notice a building poking out of it, and just decide to go there. No other game I've played yet has inspired such a strong curiosity.

Also, the fucking Northern Lights. I need a bigger screen!

Posted by pkcRAISTLIN on Nov-14-2011 22:38:

Agreed hal. Exploration in RPGs is one of the most engaging elements, but oblivion was hamstrung by copy-paste dungeons, terrible loot, auto-levelled enemies. Now though, exploring is really worthwhile and a lot of fun.

Posted by BTG on Nov-15-2011 07:57:

what is wrong with me? why don't i love this game?!

Posted by CONNERMAN2000 on Nov-15-2011 22:42:

Haven't really indulged in the Elder Scrolls series since Morrowind...this one should be a good enough reason to get back into it. A multiplayer element may have been pretty kickass, though.

Posted by Halcyon+On+On on Nov-15-2011 23:15:

I agree some limited co-op would have been an awesome feature and made for a really fun experience.

Although one of the best parts about dungeon-crawling in the Elder Scrolls has always kind of been the atmosphere of being alone, to me at least. It makes things rather tense knowing it's just you out there, sneaking around in the dark, looking for treasure or evil to unearth. If you add other people into it, you have to balance loot and stuff like that, severely detracting from the atmosphere, if you ask me.

I like playing stealth myself, so adding other people into the mix just wouldn't work with the way I like to play the game anyway.

Posted by pkcRAISTLIN on Nov-16-2011 00:05:

Coop is great and all but there would be a less impressive SP game had they decided to do coop. itís a whole other level of development on top of the core game. given the sheer size of content and just how believable the world feels/behaves, im glad they stuck with SP.

Whats been doing my head in is the quality of random NPC conversations when youíre just passing through. As hal said before, there is so much attention to detail at every level of the game it is simply astounding. The fact that it all comes on 5 or 6 gigs is really surprising.

Posted by BTG on Nov-16-2011 02:29:

Another problem I'm having with the game is the combat itself is pretty shallow.

I duno, maybe it's just not the game I'm wanting it to be, but I'd like to have control over what my sword is actually doing, like the witcher 2 (which imo is still a much better game than Skyrim).

Posted by pkcRAISTLIN on Nov-16-2011 02:49:

First person melee is always a bit hit and miss (if youíll pardon the pun). Thatís why I bring out my hands of flame and cook cvnts.

Posted by CONNERMAN2000 on Nov-16-2011 07:22:

quote:
Originally posted by Halcyon+On+On
I agree some limited co-op would have been an awesome feature and made for a really fun experience.

Although one of the best parts about dungeon-crawling in the Elder Scrolls has always kind of been the atmosphere of being alone, to me at least. It makes things rather tense knowing it's just you out there, sneaking around in the dark, looking for treasure or evil to unearth. If you add other people into it, you have to balance loot and stuff like that, severely detracting from the atmosphere, if you ask me.

I like playing stealth myself, so adding other people into the mix just wouldn't work with the way I like to play the game anyway.

I'll have to agree with you, if only because adding some kind of co-op may indeed turn this into a grindfest a la WoW. And we don't need any more WoW clones, thats for sure. We'll just let the wonder boys and gals at Bethesda keep the Elder Scrolls universe the way it always has been; you exploring a vast world on your own.

Posted by smcmulli on Nov-17-2011 00:31:

can i kill ppl in their sleep?

Posted by pkcRAISTLIN on Nov-17-2011 01:23:

quote:
Originally posted by smcmulli
can i kill ppl in their sleep?

Yes, but it wakes people up, including the guards outside which pisses me off.

Pages (2): [1] 2 »