TranceAddict Forums

TranceAddict Forums (www.tranceaddict.com/forums)
- Past Events
-- 2010.12.31 [LA] Together As One New Year's Eve
Pages (8): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »

Posted by Matt Es on Dec-02-2010 10:33:

quote:
Originally posted by jimji1005

TA meet @ TAO?

Posted by Paradox-SJ on Dec-02-2010 19:28:

Say it aint so...

Is this really the premiere event going on this NYE?

I find it odd and a bit sad if so...

Seriously, If you know of another event anywhere...and I mean planet wide...with a better line up / goes past 2:00 AM...point it out.

Posted by fantasyexctasy on Dec-03-2010 08:00:

quote:
Originally posted by SFtrance
Definitely a step down from the past 4 years. Looking like NYC for me

That's where I'm going, Im not too bummed about missing my first TAO in 4 years. I can bet my life savings that Armin Only NYE 2012 will happen,so otherwise, I'll be in Times Square giving SoCal a big middle finger in 3 weeks!

Posted by lucifer1126 on Dec-07-2010 21:11:

is anyone hearing that TAO didn't get the go ahead from city of LA? The permit didn't go through..

Posted by able.h on Dec-07-2010 21:12:

quote:
Originally posted by lucifer1126
is anyone hearing that TAO didn't get the go ahead from city of LA? The permit didn't go through..

source? henryv can you confirm this?

Posted by Mhubert420 on Dec-07-2010 21:13:

quote:

lol... total bullshit don't believe it

Posted by lucifer1126 on Dec-07-2010 21:16:

someone posted a thread on ravelinks about it, saying they heard from friend of a friend who works for insomniac?

Don't really trust these rumors but after the whole permit thing that went down with Winterfresh, I'm a lil concerned. I know at least GoVenture/Insomniac are professionals so even if TAO doesn't happen in LA we'll be notified.

Posted by Quazar on Dec-07-2010 21:40:

Back when they put in the moratorium on new rave events, the exempted events were Love Fest, MM, and TAO since they were already booked. I wouldn't worry about it.

Posted by LphiESteve on Dec-07-2010 21:41:

quote:
Originally posted by Quazar
Back when they put in the moratorium on new rave events, the exempted events were Love Fest, MM, and TAO since they were already booked. I wouldn't worry about it.

when was that?

Posted by lucifer1126 on Dec-07-2010 23:53:

quote:
Originally posted by Quazar

Wasn't the Tiesto show that was supposed to happen on halloween cancelled due to the moratorium? Correct if I'm wrong, I dont really know the details.

I thought Love Fest and MM was by GoVentures which is why it was'nt affected, while anything with Insomniac events in LA was a big deal. I read something about Insomniac sueing city of LA for the Tiesto cancellation.

Posted by DaveT on Dec-08-2010 00:02:

I believe it was more of the city LA killed any planned events at their venues if they were not formally announced and/or if tickets were not on sale yet or something like that.

MM was def already selling tickets and I think TAO was as well although the lineup wasn't announced yet (we didn't when the moratorium would be lifted at the time). Either way, TAO the event was def announced already by the time at the very least.

The Tiesto event was never officially announced and tickets never went on sale.

With them suing, it's because they say the city of LA is who proposed the idea of having an/the event at the LACC and persuaded Insomniac to have it there. Insomniac was making full plans plans to, only to have the city pull the plug on it.

Posted by able.h on Dec-08-2010 19:07:

hey just out of curiosity, is John O'Callaghan still going to be at TAO?

I swear I saw TAO on the tourdates on his website for 12/31, but now he took it off and it just says "TBC" now..

The website says more artists will be announced, but all they added was Richard Vission??!?

Posted by lucifer1126 on Dec-08-2010 20:00:

quote:
Originally posted by able.h
hey just out of curiosity, is John O'Callaghan still going to be at TAO?

I swear I saw TAO on the tourdates on his website for 12/31, but now he took it off and it just says "TBC" now..

The website says more artists will be announced, but all they added was Richard Vission??!?

o.m.g if John O'Callaghan does indeed get added to TAO that would make my day. TAO is seriously lacking Trance acts so i really hope we do get another trance artist this year! i sure hope its true!!

Posted by anomalies on Dec-08-2010 20:36:

quote:
o.m.g if John O'Callaghan does indeed get added to TAO that would make my day. TAO is seriously lacking Trance acts so i really hope we do get another trance artist this year! i sure hope its true!!

Unfortunately, JOC is not going to be there anymore, neither is Tritonal. So far Markus is the only trance DJ.

Posted by lucifer1126 on Dec-08-2010 20:39:

quote:
Originally posted by anomalies
Unfortunately, JOC is not going to be there anymore, neither is Tritonal. So far Markus is the only trance DJ.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! So Tritonal and JOC WAS going to be booked since you said "anymore"? What teh heckk happened TAO fails once again. Guess I've better off going to the drum n bass stage the whole night after markus's set.

Posted by LphiESteve on Dec-08-2010 21:05:

quote:
Originally posted by anomalies

wack! i was looking forward to seeing them too. saw a promoter on saturday, heard there isnt going to be any more trance djs, idk we'll see how reputable that guy is

Posted by jonmitz on Dec-09-2010 03:11:

never change, LA electronic music scene. never change.

Posted by dj_minor on Dec-09-2010 03:43:

trance lineup fuckin sucks this year. makes my decision to go to ruby skye looking better and better.

Posted by dashdash on Dec-09-2010 04:48:

Seriously, ever since the tents got switched at nocturnal was when they decided trance is gonna be on the backburner for so.cali massives. And yeah, I'm still bitter about the tents

Posted by Matt Es on Dec-09-2010 11:37:

thats fucking lame, newyears with only one trance dj? This can't be serious. Might have to hop over to the drum n bass too.

Posted by razzi on Dec-10-2010 20:46:

quote:
Originally posted by dashdash
Seriously, ever since the tents got switched at nocturnal was when they decided trance is gonna be on the backburner for so.cali massives. And yeah, I'm still bitter about the tents

hahah agreed.

Posted by goventures on Dec-11-2010 03:00:

Afrojack, Swedish Egil & Barry Weaver just added

code:

Posted by bigperf on Dec-11-2010 06:41:

you guys want trance, ferry corsten is playing socal new years eve...

Posted by lucifer1126 on Dec-11-2010 19:03:

quote:
Originally posted by goventures
Afrojack, Swedish Egil & Barry Weaver just added

code:

ugh... that video for this year is just like a bunch of reorganized scenes from 2010's video

Posted by ChorizoFit on Dec-12-2010 23:09:

I hope all you tranceheads know that Markus is going to play an early set at TAO then fly to San Francisco for his event there. He plays in SF 12AM-4AM.

Chances are hes gonna play a 2hr set from 8-10PM which is lame.

I love markus schulz, prob one of my fav djs but i dont know if im gonna go to tao unless they add another big trance dj

Pages (8): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »