tranceaddict Forums

tranceaddict Forums (www.tranceaddict.com/forums)
- Past Events
-- 2010.12.31 [LA] Together As One New Year's Eve
Pages (8): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]

Posted by chlola on Jan-04-2011 03:57:

quote:
Originally posted by tkw00t
together as one line.

Aside from the line and the crowds, the music was awesome!

Posted by lucifer1126 on Jan-04-2011 03:58:

I got to the venue around 6:30 and got inside at 7:30 through the GA line. I had to push and shove to get in LOL. Parking barely took 1 min to find and paid $25 right next to the venue. So i was able to get in right on time to catch Markus and everyone that I wanted to see so for me it was a good night

Posted by Nerologic on Jan-04-2011 20:54:

Wolfgang. Wow his set is really good, but really hard and grimey...

Posted by tygamilk on Jan-05-2011 00:23:

The crowd seemed pretty fuckin' dead to me. I was expecting people to go nuts when he dropped 5th Symphony or Undertake and nothing. People just kept bobbing their heads like they've never heard the track which is most likely true. I felt sorry for the guy for his entire set since he tweeted to LA he was gonna bring it harder than ever and no one really even noticed he did.

And WTF is up with Insomniac cutting off the water supply on the water fountains. $80 bucks for no emergency water? Not even any soap in the bathrooms dude, c'mon.

With all that said i'd like to stay as far away from Insomniac as possible.

Posted by system-7 on Jan-05-2011 01:16:

OMFG!, this is royal garbage. I am glad I finally took the right decision to pass on partying this last NYE. The days of going to a massive to see 5 trance headliners kicking ass all night from 8-4 are over.

quote:
Originally posted by Nerologic

Still processing so the vid might be a little rough...

I have some Wolfgang ones as well and the second half of Lukes set, working on that as well.

Posted by solrac67 on Jan-05-2011 09:43:

quote:
Yes, thats Gina Turner the other half of Nouveau Yorican. Luke played "Bruno Mars - Just The Way You Are" for the crowd and you can imagine who else...

Woah! Didn't know Luke n Gina had started working on music together haha, that's cool. She is also half of Staccato with Louisahhh, they're a pretty dope house/tech duo. We've had them here in EP twice and Gina is opening for Luke this Fri when we have him here. So are they "official" now? Knew they had been hanging out n what not, but should I not try n have girls for Luke then?? Lol. She always made it seem like they were just really good friends, but I guess maybe that's changed haha...

Staccato==>

Posted by Nerologic on Jan-05-2011 12:45:

quote:
Originally posted by solrac67
Woah! Didn't know Luke n Gina had started working on music together haha, that's cool. She is also half of Staccato with Louisahhh, they're a pretty dope house/tech duo. We've had them here in EP twice and Gina is opening for Luke this Fri when we have him here. So are they "official" now? Knew they had been hanging out n what not, but should I not try n have girls for Luke then??

IDK if they are official, would be all rumors...I mean shit, I could be taking out of my ass

And have the girls ready for Tony on Friday, not Luke...

Posted by Nerologic on Jan-05-2011 12:46:

quote:
Originally posted by system-7
OMFG!, this is royal garbage. I am glad I finally took the right decision to pass on partying this last NYE. The days of going to a massive to see 5 trance headliners kicking ass all night from 8-4 are over.

cool story bro.

Posted by solrac67 on Jan-05-2011 20:30:

Cool deal then, I'll play it by ear. Thx.

Posted by Contrasts on Jan-05-2011 20:32:

I think there will be nights where we have a trance stage from 8-3, just not a lot!

Posted by darthseph on Jan-06-2011 08:36:

quote:
Originally posted by tygamilk
The crowd seemed pretty fuckin' dead to me. I was expecting people to go nuts when he dropped 5th Symphony or Undertake and nothing. People just kept bobbing their heads like they've never heard the track which is most likely true. I felt sorry for the guy for his entire set since he tweeted to LA he was gonna bring it harder than ever and no one really even noticed he did.

And WTF is up with Insomniac cutting off the water supply on the water fountains. $80 bucks for no emergency water? Not even any soap in the bathrooms dude, c'mon.

With all that said i'd like to stay as far away from Insomniac as possible.

A few notes... the GA crowd sucked hard. I pointed that out in my post. It was all shoving to push through everywhere (middle and back in my case,) and one of my buddies noted how he would jokingly shout, "I'm going to shuffle" and suddenly this ring would form and people were like, "huh" on their faces. Almost like a "why are you dancing?" look you know?

TBH, I felt the front half of WG's set was kind of weak, which is why I couldn't get into it. It definitely wasn't a sound I heard from him when he said he was going to bring it "hard." (Yea, I saw the tweet as well and was jacked). I wasn't in the crowd anymore by that point since the crowd put me off. Maybe that's why I enjoyed the sets at EDC so much more... I could steer clear of the crowd and vibe off to the side. It's about the music and all right?

One thing I know, I expected him to bang his first track hard, and he really didn't. I waited a good 4-5 songs in before I heard a hit. That's fine, but like I said, I expected him to drop Fire Power or something to really bring the "crowd" in but I didn't hear that. I never got pulled in unfortunately.

Tyga - correctly place the blame please. This is not a real Insomniac event, they help book talent for it but have nothing to do with the running of the event. That would be Go Ventures & Reza (Saturday Night Sessions.) I know it seems weird and all since Insomniac has a stake in Go Ventures, but from everything I've ever experienced, Insomniac's real events are ran amazingly.

system7 - I'm sorry you have no appreciation for the sounds that were on that stage. I'm sorry more trance wasn't there. I really am. I wish there was trance too. I will say this though, you've got poor taste in DJs (yes DJs) if you can't appreciate Luke as a DJ. He's probably the best DJ I've seen. He's beyond talented on the decks, but maybe you just listen to point to point mixing. There are also some amazing DnB DJs out, you'd probably dislike a set they played as well. No reason to call someone who's extremely respected in his business "royal garbage" unless you make yourself out as worse than "royal garbage." Just saying.

Oh, and Neuro... I've yet to meet you. I wish I could hang out with you and Luke more when he is around... but its always tough with a group of friends next to me too. LOL... I never wanna burden Luke... I had to laugh when I saw someone ask him to get on the list on twitter for TAO though.

Posted by Contrasts on Jan-06-2011 17:47:

quote:
Originally posted by darthseph
A few notes... the GA crowd sucked hard. I pointed that out in my post. It was all shoving to push through everywhere (middle and back in my case,) and one of my buddies noted how he would jokingly shout, "I'm going to shuffle" and suddenly this ring would form and people were like, "huh" on their faces. Almost like a "why are you dancing?" look you know?

TBH, I felt the front half of WG's set was kind of weak, which is why I couldn't get into it. It definitely wasn't a sound I heard from him when he said he was going to bring it "hard." (Yea, I saw the tweet as well and was jacked). I wasn't in the crowd anymore by that point since the crowd put me off. Maybe that's why I enjoyed the sets at EDC so much more... I could steer clear of the crowd and vibe off to the side. It's about the music and all right?

One thing I know, I expected him to bang his first track hard, and he really didn't. I waited a good 4-5 songs in before I heard a hit. That's fine, but like I said, I expected him to drop Fire Power or something to really bring the "crowd" in but I didn't hear that. I never got pulled in unfortunately.

Tyga - correctly place the blame please. This is not a real Insomniac event, they help book talent for it but have nothing to do with the running of the event. That would be Go Ventures & Reza (Saturday Night Sessions.) I know it seems weird and all since Insomniac has a stake in Go Ventures, but from everything I've ever experienced, Insomniac's real events are ran amazingly.

system7 - I'm sorry you have no appreciation for the sounds that were on that stage. I'm sorry more trance wasn't there. I really am. I wish there was trance too. I will say this though, you've got poor taste in DJs (yes DJs) if you can't appreciate Luke as a DJ. He's probably the best DJ I've seen. He's beyond talented on the decks, but maybe you just listen to point to point mixing. There are also some amazing DnB DJs out, you'd probably dislike a set they played as well. No reason to call someone who's extremely respected in his business "royal garbage" unless you make yourself out as worse than "royal garbage." Just saying.

Oh, and Neuro... I've yet to meet you. I wish I could hang out with you and Luke more when he is around... but its always tough with a group of friends next to me too. LOL... I never wanna burden Luke... I had to laugh when I saw someone ask him to get on the list on twitter for TAO though.

His mixing may be great (no one said it was bad), but in some peoples opinion his music AND style of music he plays is GARBAGE. I can't see how some people say his EDC set was so great. I almost ran to the top of the Coliseum and jumped off.

LOL again at this song. Really I SAY??????

And wolfgang's dirty sound isn't for me as well. Again just turn on a blender lol

Posted by darthseph on Jan-06-2011 18:49:

quote:
Originally posted by Contrasts
His mixing may be great (no one said it was bad), but in some peoples opinion his music AND style of music he plays is GARBAGE. I can't see how some people say his EDC set was so great. I almost ran to the top of the Coliseum and jumped off.

LOL again at this song. Really I SAY??????

And wolfgang's dirty sound isn't for me as well. Again just turn on a blender lol

Sorry if I read to much into it when I see a nearly 20 minute clip and someone can't say anything other than garbage. Obviously Luke is resonating with a bunch of people right now, otherwise his career wouldn't be taking off.

Oh, and trust me, I get that people don't like his music. Not everyone will. I hate a lot of techno and deep house because I find it boring and underdeveloped from a sound pallet perspective. Still, I have enough respect for the artists and what they do that I'd never flat out call it "royal garbage." I reserve that term for modern country and rap. lol

Posted by Nerologic on Jan-06-2011 20:15:

quote:

Ya they always ask him on twitter and on the forum here and there. It's always entertaining. lol

I rarely party in SD now a days. I mainly go out down here when a friend is playing down here. And my LA and Vegas trips are always unexpected lol

Posted by darthseph on Jan-06-2011 21:40:

quote:
Ya they always ask him on twitter and on the forum here and there. It's always entertaining. lol

I rarely party in SD now a days. I mainly go out down here when a friend is playing down here. And my LA and Vegas trips are always unexpected lol

LOL... no worries dude. Just thought it was funny how we've been at the same LBL events a ton and never met.

Posted by system-7 on Jan-06-2011 22:46:

This is still garbo.

Maybe you guys should meet and hold each others sacks...while you jump up and down to LBL acapella. :P

ah man, who pays for this?

quote:
LOL... no worries dude. Just thought it was funny how we've been at the same LBL events a ton and never met.

Posted by bscarbro on Jan-07-2011 00:23:

quote:
Originally posted by sweetcandy girl
Only went to TAO to see Markus that that was it... but what an adventure that was.

We left Greg's place around 6 figuring that would give us enough time to get to the Sports Arena, find parking and get in before 8. WRONG!!!

Traffic was a mess and when we got there so was parking. We could have drove around to find a spot but there was really no signs saying where the lots where at. So we paid $40 to park at a random gas station. We even told the guy that we would only be there for about 2 hours and asked for a discount. FAIL! Guy made $80 on that one spot.

Greg and I ran to get our tickets. We saw so many cops on the way! It was crazy!!! I even saw the riot ones gear up and rush to the area. Mind you it is only a little after 7 or so. The GA line was all ready a cluster fuck! It looked like a big glob of people not moving at all.

We got our VIP tickets and walked to the line. It looked like smooth sailing there for a bit and then it stopped. The girls where all the way to the right and the guys where in a mass. Greg and I got separated since the girl line was faster. I had to ask a random to see if Greg could wait close to me.

For awhile the line was not moving at all. There where no rails separating the individual lines for the guys just a huge mass that wasn't moving.

It was 8pm and I was still in line and not happy. Once I get in Greg is no where to be seen. So I wait near the fence. and keep waiting. I walk over every once in awhile to check out Markus and go back to see if Greg made it in.

45 minutes later he is finally in!!!! WTF!!! There where only 3 guys searching!!! If Greg didn't push threw he would have missed Markus set completely!!!
I heard that some people waited over an hour in the VIP line to get in!!! that is retarded!!! People do not pay $150 or more and then have to wait!!!! We expect to get in quickly.

FAIL

Posted by Contrasts on Jan-07-2011 00:29:

quote:
Sorry if I read to much into it when I see a nearly 20 minute clip and someone can't say anything other than garbage. Obviously Luke is resonating with a bunch of people right now, otherwise his career wouldn't be taking off.

Oh, and trust me, I get that people don't like his music. Not everyone will. I hate a lot of techno and deep house because I find it boring and underdeveloped from a sound pallet perspective. Still, I have enough respect for the artists and what they do that I'd never flat out call it "royal garbage." I reserve that term for modern country and rap. lol

I never said HE sucks or HIS skills are bad.... Just saying his MUSIC sucks. Obviously he's done something and people like him, I'M NOT ARGUING THAT, just his terrible sound. LOL

I heard to get on his guest list you need to bring a pink strap on and a dress. Is this true?

Posted by darthseph on Jan-07-2011 04:11:

quote:
Originally posted by Contrasts
I never said HE sucks or HIS skills are bad.... Just saying his MUSIC sucks. Obviously he's done something and people like him, I'M NOT ARGUING THAT, just his terrible sound. LOL

I heard to get on his guest list you need to bring a pink strap on and a dress. Is this true?

He uses the word, "This" which doesn't denote anything specific. I'll leave it at that. I also like how you are defending another poster, even though it isn't directed at you. Whatever though. I'm just saying that a 20 min clip of any worldwide popular DJ (outside of sellout David Guetta) is "royal crap." We can disagree all we want on that though.

BTW, very funny... but no, you don't. Just have to be a chill person that he enjoys hanging out with.

Posted by Nerologic on Jan-07-2011 07:07:

quote:
Originally posted by system-7
This is still garbo.

Maybe you guys should meet and hold each others sacks...while you jump up and down to LBL acapella. :P

ah man, who pays for this?

Pages (8): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]