TranceAddict Forums

TranceAddict Forums (www.tranceaddict.com/forums)
- Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont.
-- Farwell System (for those that didn't attend on the 31st)

Posted by Mr. Furious on Jan-03-2006 15:17:

Farwell System (for those that didn't attend on the 31st)

I'd just like to take this minute to extend a formal goodbye to a club that will sure be missed....And to extend phenomenal thanks and gratitude to those that have made my experience as a patron, and an employee, and unforetabble one.

I still remember my first "Breathe".....It was an awesome night. If I remember correctly, it was Sandra Collins, and only $5. Needless to say, Ezekial and I were hooked instantly and proceeded to go every single Friday after that.

Thanks to Jensen, Quinn, and Huey (R.I.P.), for being the best doormen a club could ever ask for. Perhaps they were a little grumpy, but always succinct.

To Salem (sp?) and Sam, and Ima (sp?) Marlo, and any of the other fantastic bartenders I might have met in the last 6 years....Thanks for all the hospitality, and late night service.

To my brother Ezekiel....Hard to believe it's all come to an end huh? It seems like just yesterday, we were fresh outta the rave scene and ready to find something new. It was like an oracle when System started breathe....And even more when we started working with Deep Groove. It's hard to believe that something like this came to fruition at a time when we were never even looking for it. Anyhow, thanks for being there every step of the way bro.

...And last but not least, to Deep Groove.....Alex and Ariel, you guys have been nothing less than exceptional. Alex, thanks for giving me the oppourtunity to work with you guys. I don't even remember how long ago it was, but it has been a phenomenal learning experience, and something I could never consider work. You guys are what I consider the most loyal DJ's in such a cutthroat scene.

....And to all the other DJ's in the front gallery, Cris McKean, Aaron Mossey, Sensei, etc. etc. thanks for providing all the wicked tunes. We'll definitely meet again.

Posted by *~LiSa-LoO~* on Jan-03-2006 18:11:

Only got to experience System a few times before it closed down...yet those were some of the best partying nights I had.
Thanks System I'll cherish the memories for years to come!

Posted by foxyroxy on Jan-03-2006 23:17:

I always said that it was so ironic the a club named System Soundbar would have one of the worst sound systems out there...

Maybe it wasn't the actual system and the DJ's just pushed to hard but it would actually hurt my ears...and my ears can handle ALOT of sound...

HOLD THE FREAKING OUT FOR A SEC!!!

That being said...I really... sincerely... Enjoyed going there...
I liked the place so much that I just solved my sound problem with a good pair of ear plugs...

The staff was always great...

Music was always great...

Great little club to hang out in...

I was really sorry to see it go but thats the way it goes I guess...

It wasn't home for me but it was an awesome buddies house...

Skaife and his Jaiger shots in the booth...such good times...

Posted by comedancing on Jan-04-2006 01:15:

I so wanted to be at system on nye... went the weekend before though. Had to get in one last night of partying before they closed down.

Posted by ChemEnhanced on Mar-21-2012 20:18:

So I heard today that the building has been torn down....sadness.

Posted by GGM on Mar-21-2012 20:25:

Yeah walked by at night a week ago today and it was half demo'd with the cranes and equipment parked on the lot.

Posted by Endlesswave on Mar-21-2012 22:02:

RIP. However, the memories shall live on.

Posted by jchung52 on Mar-22-2012 05:47:

Really wish I had the opportunity to go.. I was one year too late.. actually I think half a year.

Posted by amilyc001 on Mar-22-2012 08:19:

It has been a phenomenal learning experience, and something I could never consider work.

Posted by matty on Mar-22-2012 17:11:

truly sad...definitely best weekly party night ever. met most of the TAs there back in 2003

Posted by Xavier Moriarty on Mar-23-2012 03:54:

that was a sad picture, tearing that place down to build condos???

anyways, theres a few people who are working on bringing something back, a tribute to that awesome place.

anybody interested in helping out, and want to know more details please pm me.

Posted by Knox on Mar-23-2012 15:42:

Posted by Espresso on Mar-23-2012 15:51:

John Digweed @ System Sound bar
That is all

Posted by Knox on Mar-23-2012 17:55:

quote:
Originally posted by Espresso
That is all

June 2005? Brad played that night too? Great party.

Posted by LKD on Mar-26-2012 04:54:

quote:
Originally posted by Espresso
That is all

lol my favourite laff was from that night

RIP SS

Posted by Dior Homme on Mar-26-2012 05:03:

In all honesty, they could have at least kept the facade of the building. That would have made the whole construction process at least heritigable in the future.

ie. St. Lawrence Market, liberty village, big bop etc etc.

Now whatever they will put up will look like shit 10 years after. ie. all new condos.

Heritage and tradition shows character. Not new fancy minimalism.

Posted by LKD on Mar-27-2012 02:47:

quote:
Originally posted by Dior Homme
In all honesty, they could have at least kept the facade of the building. That would have made the whole construction process at least heritigable in the future.

ie. St. Lawrence Market, liberty village, big bop etc etc.

Now whatever they will put up will look like shit 10 years after. ie. all new condos.

Heritage and tradition shows character. Not new fancy minimalism.

let's not pretend that there was a visually appealing facade to begin with

Posted by bucky on Mar-27-2012 03:25:

So many fun Friday nights at that place! Always made sure to get there early to avoid any lines.

Posted by Dior Homme on Mar-27-2012 04:55:

quote:
Originally posted by LKD
let's not pretend that there was a visually appealing facade to begin with

Well I hope the pizzaville is still there with their bathroom tiling.

Posted by Hattie71 on Mar-27-2012 10:07:

I could never consider work. You guys are what I consider the most loyal DJ's in such a cutthroat scene.[IMG]I could never consider work. You guys are what I consider the most loyal DJ's in such a cutthroat scene.[/IMG]