TranceAddict Forums

TranceAddict Forums (www.tranceaddict.com/forums)
- USA - Chicago, Detroit & N. Central USA
-- Wisco TA's unite!!!
Pages (26): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »

Posted by DJMaytag on Jan-17-2004 06:58:

Wisco TA's unite!!!

Yo Rob, stick this!

I figure we needs to get all teh dairyland trancers represented up in this bitch. We cain't be having some random newbs think there aren't any up in Wisco.

Let's hear it (well, from all three of us that is...)!!!

Posted by UWM on Jan-17-2004 07:33:

I'd stick it but there isn't really a big enough group of the Wisco TAs to deserve our own thread ...

Yet!

BTW I'm moving back to Madison I'm pretty certain so I'll have to come check things out @ the Maj.

Posted by lücid on Jan-19-2004 03:33:

wisco repra-zennnnnnnnt *throws up a W sign*

unfortunately it seems there aren't many tranceaddicts in wisconsin. everyone i meet who's into any type of EDM always seems to be a jaded raver who listens to hardcore or acid techno, or a candy kid who listens to happy hardcore.

Maytag - there's more than 3 of us. i think there might be 4, or even 5!

Posted by DJMaytag on Jan-19-2004 03:47:

quote:
Originally posted by lücid
wisco repra-zennnnnnnnt *throws up a W sign*

unfortunately it seems there aren't many tranceaddicts in wisconsin. everyone i meet who's into any type of EDM always seems to be a jaded raver who listens to hardcore or acid techno, or a candy kid who listens to happy hardcore.

Maytag - there's more than 3 of us. i think there might be 4, or even 5!

They are around, it's a matter of us finding each other and hanging out in once spot. Hence the point of this post, to find those who may randomly browse through but not see much about Wisco. I KNOW there are a bunch of Madison T.nu'ers and I've seen a few from Milwaukee too. Add in those that dig trance but don't spend too much online too!

Most ppl in the scene who know about underground music are generally jaded and hate on trance, especially in Madison and Milwaukee. Another reason for us to band together to overcome those stereotypes that are put out to club owners by those haters that are generally in charge of bringing in talent.

I'm gonna keep bumping this so that we DO get noticed and find some more Wisco TA's!

Posted by ninja_k on Jan-19-2004 20:10:

Throw in me as well for MKE...

then there's bean if she was onine.

as well ast he ryn person in MKE..

I dunno UWM, looks like we're ready to get this thread at the top...

Posted by lücid on Jan-19-2004 21:20:

for anyone in/around Milwaukee, you might want to check out Milwaukee Nights ("Your one stop for Milwaukee club life"). i just stumbled upon it earlier today, and it's got a calendar of all the EDM club events goin on around here, links to all the club homepages, a gallery of pictures, etc...

i remember talking to someone a few months ago who had this EXACT SAME IDEA about starting a Milwaukee club life website (was it you, Nick? if it wasn't you, i think it was my friend Mike. for some reason i'm having a hard time recalling the conversation)... haha, anyway i just thought that was sort of ironic.

and for those who haven't heard, Pure (the place PVD was *supposed* to spin @ last July, when he cooincidentally got "food poisoning" and had to "cancel") lost their liqour license. they've been doing teen nights on Thurs and Sat nights... which really sucks 'cause i saw some bigger-name good DJs there over the last couple of months. i was wondering why i hadn't seen any events for Pure listed in the Shepherd lately! and i know there were "rumors" about Pure STILL trying to book PVD for sometime early this year, to make up for the fiasco they put PVD fans thru last summer. anyway, here's the article if you're interested.

heh, i wonder why i hype Milwaukee so much, considering i go out more often in Chicago than Milwaukee!

Posted by ninja_k on Jan-20-2004 03:48:

quote:
i remember talking to someone a few months ago who had this EXACT SAME IDEA about starting a Milwaukee club life website (was it you, Nick? if it wasn't you, i think it was my friend Mike. for some reason i'm having a hard time recalling the conversation)... haha, anyway i just thought that was sort of ironic.

nope that was me... oh well if these guys start slippin, I guess I'll take over :P

Apparently Jungle / Tangerine are the new kids on the block. I've heard good things about both....

quote:
heh, i wonder why i hype Milwaukee so much, considering i go out more often in Chicago than Milwaukee!

funny story, me too!

Posted by UWM on Jan-21-2004 21:22:

Nick looks like I don't have to eat my shoes afterall

I will consider stickin it up if more than 3 people from the state post in the thread

Posted by ctprincess on Jan-21-2004 22:13:

oh gawd - the cheeseheads are uniting

Posted by ninja_k on Jan-22-2004 00:51:

ctprincess,
Don't tell me you've already become a FIB ?

Posted by ctprincess on Jan-22-2004 12:45:

quote:
Originally posted by ninja_k
ctprincess,
Don't tell me you've already become a FIB ?

become? how do you know i wasn't already?

Posted by DJMaytag on Jan-22-2004 16:11:

quote:
Originally posted by ctprincess
oh gawd - the cheeseheads are uniting

...and we're wearing those foamy cheese hats too!

Posted by lücid on Jan-22-2004 23:27:

quote:
Originally posted by DJMaytag

... AND drinking Miller Lite

Posted by MrSquirrel on Jan-23-2004 03:06:

quote:
Originally posted by DJMaytag

I don't wear mine....the Packers seem to play like shit every time I wear it....

Nothing wrong with cheeseheads...my grandfather always used to call me a "pennyhead" when I was a kid because I lived in Illnois.

I must say that one thing cheeseheads need to learn abotu is beer. I had to settle for a case of budweiser bottles from the gas station on Christmas Day at my uncle's place. All they had was like 12 cases worth of Busch Light. No one should ever willingly drink that crap.

MrS
(cheesehead who has never lived in WI)

Posted by lücid on Jan-23-2004 17:53:

quote:
Originally posted by MrSquirrel
I must say that one thing cheeseheads need to learn abotu is beer. I had to settle for a case of budweiser bottles from the gas station on Christmas Day at my uncle's place. All they had was like 12 cases worth of Busch Light. No one should ever willingly drink that crap.

omg, it's a sin to drink Bud products around here in Miller town!

Posted by MrSquirrel on Jan-24-2004 01:20:

quote:
omg, it's a sin to drink Bud products around here in Miller town!

Shawano is a Busch Light town.

Of course, I am a snob and drink real beer that conforms to the Reinheitsgebot, the German Beer Purity Law of 1516.

And you will never ever ever ever see me drinking a Miller Lite. that stuff tastes like total crap to me.

MrS

Posted by rrricannnn on Jan-24-2004 21:27:

Smiley DJ Hello

well guys let me introduce myself my name is josh from milwaukee. Me and my buddy john were the first to introduce www.milwaukeenights.com to the area hopefully all find it interesting and informational. Any further suggestions or helpfull insight would be appreciated.
website

Posted by DJMaytag on Jan-25-2004 01:25:

Re: Hello

quote:
Originally posted by rrricannnn
well guys let me introduce myself my name is josh from milwaukee.

Welcome, Josh! Good to see the Wisco TA's coming outta the woodwork. Couple more to go now, Rob!

Posted by FellatedOne on Jan-25-2004 05:39:

You know I have to shout it out at my fellow Wisconsinites!

WASSABE!

And, err.....

I'm the John that Josh mentioned earlier!

Another for the board.....

Posted by ninja_k on Jan-27-2004 07:16:

now if only I went out in Milwaukee, then I'd be set for milwaukeenights.com

Posted by lücid on Jan-28-2004 16:03:

quote:
now if only I went out in Milwaukee, then I'd be set for milwaukeenights.com

hey nick... did you start the MKETA thing in the location? heh (i keep reading it as "ma-keta" lol)

Posted by Sugarbean on Jan-29-2004 20:09:

quote:
then there's bean if she was onine.

im here somewhat daily...silently lol

Posted by ninja_k on Jan-30-2004 04:13:

quote:
Originally posted by Sugarbean
im here somewhat daily...silently lol

she lives

Posted by Sugarbean on Feb-05-2004 20:05:

yep! and so does my sig! lol
for some reason i didnt see it when i posted

Posted by lucaslight on Feb-09-2004 15:29:

<---------one more TA in Madison. Maytag, I spoke w/you at mc audio last summer..Wyatt, right? I was talking to you about what equipment I should get, etc. Probably don't remember me, but I'm about a month or two away from putting together a demo CD, and when I do, I'll bring it by the shop...

Pages (26): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »