TranceAddict Forums

TranceAddict Forums (www.tranceaddict.com/forums)
- Album Reviews / New Releases Discussion
-- Shpongle - Nothing Lasts ... (3rd Album)

Posted by Dan1584 on Oct-13-2004 05:23:

Shpongle - Nothing Lasts ... (3rd Album)

Here is some info for you Shpongle lovers ... Yes, Raja Ram and Simon Posford have yet again collabed under their Shpongle alias to create what they are calling their final Shpongle album. At their old ages I couldn't agree more. Not much information has been released other than the title (Nothing Lasts), the tracklist and a very general release date of "early 2005" but if Twisted Records keeps going on their trend of releasing things very very much later than they intend to then we might not see this being released until the end of 2005 ... but we shall see. For now here is the tracklist, I will update with more info as soon as it is released:

"NOTHING LASTS"

01. Beja Flor
02. Periscopes Of Consciousness
03. TBC
04. When Shall I Be Free
05. Mentalism
06. G Kinda Guy
07. Connoisseur Of Hallucinations
08. Nothing Lasts

Posted by DJ Cinos on Oct-13-2004 10:29:

I already knew it when, but the name was something new. But LAST Shpongle album? Nooo!

Posted by trancedfarmer on Oct-14-2004 03:18:

me love shpongle :P.

You're right... we've got a while till it will actually come out. But there are plenty of other twisted releases coming up... new hallucinogen! shit... I never get tired of the old (and new) stuff. If you haven't checked out Ott's Blumenkraft, my GOD, get your grimey little hands on that ******!

regards

Posted by DJ Cinos on Oct-14-2004 06:02:

Ott was pretty sub-par according to me. Doesn't hold a candle to Shpongle.

Posted by Dan1584 on Oct-14-2004 06:22:

^^^
100% Agree

quote:
You're right... we've got a while till it will actually come out. But there are plenty of other twisted releases coming up... new hallucinogen!

ACTUALLY...

The 3rd Hallucinogen album is last on Twisted's list. They are focusing (if you wanna call it that) on Shpongle - Nothing Lasts and the Eat Static vs Hallucinogen album. So don't expect a solo Hallucinogen album out for a WHILE.

Posted by trancedfarmer on Oct-14-2004 16:58:

quote:
Originally posted by Dan1584
^^^
100% Agree

ACTUALLY...

The 3rd Hallucinogen album is last on Twisted's list. They are focusing (if you wanna call it that) on Shpongle - Nothing Lasts and the Eat Static vs Hallucinogen album. So don't expect a solo Hallucinogen album out for a WHILE.

I was reffering to the upcoming hallucinogen tracks on Uns2.

Interesting that you don't like Ott as much... I find his talents to be akin to Simon's... both being some of the best electronic artists I've ever heard.

Posted by Sand Leaper on Oct-14-2004 17:09:

quote:
Originally posted by DJ Cinos

How can an artist be sub-par compared to another artist? Sub-par is a word that is used to describe something that is worse than what the artist is really capable of. Start making sense

An Eat Static vs Hallucinogen album would be

Posted by trancedfarmer on Oct-15-2004 02:18:

quote:

you know whats kinda fun... farting into a candle! try it.

Posted by Dan1584 on Oct-15-2004 03:49:

quote:
you know whats kinda fun... farting into a candle! try it.

My friend actually farted into a lighter once to see if it would work, and he did, he also ended up burning his ass hairs...

Posted by DJ Cinos on Oct-15-2004 09:51:

quote:
Originally posted by Sand Leaper
How can an artist be sub-par compared to another artist? Sub-par is a word that is used to describe something that is worse than what the artist is really capable of. Start making sense

An Eat Static vs Hallucinogen album would be

Sub-par isn't even a word. I could just say "bad compared to other similar music" but it sounds so boring.

Posted by Quinders on Oct-15-2004 13:18:

Man I hope Shpongle get this album out as quick as they can because EDM (hmmmmm?) could do with a kick up the ass at the minute. After listening to Beija Flor, if the rest of the album is as good as this track, I have high hopes.

Posted by Sand Leaper on Oct-15-2004 13:35:

quote:
Sub-par isn't even a word. I could just say "bad compared to other similar music" but it sounds so boring.

While I doubt you'd find it in a dictionary, it's still a well known expression. And if you really can't find a better way to say that OTT is nothing compared to Shpongle, then your english desperately needs some improvement.

Posted by Quinders on Oct-15-2004 14:20:

I've heard of the expressions "sub-standard" and "below par" but never "sub-par". Anyway I got what you meant.

Posted by trancedfarmer on Oct-15-2004 14:26:

quote:
Originally posted by Quinders
I've heard of the expressions "sub-standard" and "below par" but never "sub-par". Anyway I got what you meant.

My God!!

Stop perseverating over this grammar issue!!!!

It is a word...

1. Not measuring up to traditional standards of performance, value, or production.

The American HeritageŽ Dictionary of the English Language.

Posted by trancedfarmer on Oct-15-2004 14:27:

quote:
Originally posted by Quinders
Man I hope Shpongle get this album out as quick as they can because EDM (hmmmmm?) could do with a kick up the ass at the minute. After listening to Beija Flor, if the rest of the album is as good as this track, I have high hopes.

Thats because Electronic music is mostly poo.

Posted by Quinders on Oct-15-2004 14:35:

"Perseverating" + "mostly poo" ?

Only joking man. I found these quite funny.

Posted by trancedfarmer on Oct-16-2004 01:56:

humor is the spice of life.... i suppose...

Posted by gurra on Oct-16-2004 17:56:

can't wait to hear this album

Posted by DJ Cinos on Oct-17-2004 15:35:

quote:
Originally posted by Sand Leaper
While I doubt you'd find it in a dictionary, it's still a well known expression. And if you really can't find a better way to say that OTT is nothing compared to Shpongle, then your english desperately needs some improvement.

Could you complain a bit less?

OTT just doesn't reach the mark Shpongle set for chilled psytrance.

Posted by Sand Leaper on Oct-17-2004 16:11:

quote:
Could you complain a bit less?

Just trying to help your english along a bit. You're welcome.

quote:

OTT just doesn't reach the mark Shpongle set for chilled psytrance.

There ya go, that wasn't so hard was it?

Posted by benni on Oct-17-2004 19:16:

I've only heard Beija Flor, and that tune is awesome.. I wonder if the other tunes sound as good?

Posted by trancedfarmer on Oct-17-2004 22:07:

quote:
Originally posted by benni
I've only heard Beija Flor, and that tune is awesome.. I wonder if the other tunes sound as good?

dude... you have no idea. Simon Posford is a real musician. On top of that he's taken LSD and DMT, and people that do hallucinogenic drugs are geniuses. So hah!!

But seriously, enjoy the other tunes. And if you do happen to take several hundred ug of LSD, make sure Shpongle is in your arsenal!

Posted by speedracer_mec on Oct-30-2004 01:12:

definitely looking into this