TranceAddict Forums

TranceAddict Forums (www.tranceaddict.com/forums)
- USA - West Coast / Las Vegas
-- What are some of the next parties everyone is checking out?
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 4 5 »

Posted by 72hrpartyanimal on Jul-18-2018 15:16:

What are some of the next parties everyone is checking out?

I don't have any plans. I would like to go to Miami in December for Miami Art Week and check out the Rakastella party. Some friends went last year and had a great time. Anything else locally going on?

http://rakastella.com/

Posted by DJ RANN on Jul-19-2018 03:38:

I don't think I'm hipster enough to go to Rakastella; it looks like last night's party. Where's TJ Patel at?

Posted by 72hrpartyanimal on Jul-19-2018 16:35:

quote:
Originally posted by DJ RANN
I don't think I'm hipster enough to go to Rakastella; it looks like last night's party. Where's TJ Patel at?

hahaha!

last night's party? where were you at?

Posted by jonmitz on Jul-20-2018 18:52:

Bicep 7/20 @ the indepedent (tonight)
tinariwen 7/31 @ the uc theatre
Pacific Fire Gathering 2018 (I am booked at this festival) - sept 13-15 (oregon)
Life is beautiful (las vegas) - sept 20-23
nicole moudaber 10/5 @ Halcyon (SF)
rufus du sol 11/6
zimmer 11/16

that's it for now. Just saw steve lawler last weekend and it was super good

Posted by 72hrpartyanimal on Jul-20-2018 21:32:

quote:
Originally posted by jonmitz
Bicep 7/20 @ the indepedent (tonight)
tinariwen 7/31 @ the uc theatre
Pacific Fire Gathering 2018 (I am booked at this festival) - sept 13-15 (oregon)
Life is beautiful (las vegas) - sept 20-23
nicole moudaber 10/5 @ Halcyon (SF)
rufus du sol 11/6
zimmer 11/16

that's it for now. Just saw steve lawler last weekend and it was super good

Can't go wrong with Lawler yo!!!

Posted by MR STROKE on Jul-20-2018 23:54:

-Outside Lands -Aug 10-12

-Ibiza- Sept 4th-14th Carl Cox & Sasha Digweed @ Resistance, MK @ HI, Sonny Fedona @ Rocks Hotel

-DirtyBird Campout Oct@Modesto camp grounds

-Nicole Moudaber Oct@Halycon SF

-BPM Festival Jan (if it actually happens this year, which its supposed too?)

Posted by mar46017 on Jul-25-2018 05:57:

quote:
Originally posted by MR STROKE

-BPM Festival Jan (if it actually happens this year, which its supposed too?)

In Playa Del Carmen ? I thought BPM was done there.

However, the locals have continued their own festival with big names in Playa Del Carmen and Tulum.

Posted by 72hrpartyanimal on Jul-25-2018 15:24:

quote:
Originally posted by mar46017

However, the locals have continued their own festival with big names in Playa Del Carmen and Tulum.

I believe BPM has moved to Portugal. As Mikey mentioned, there are still one off events in Tulum. I believe Day Zero (Damian Lazarus) is still hosting events there.

Posted by bstorm on Jul-25-2018 18:19:

Not an active Summer for me on that front.

Vacation in Cancun last month and a wedding back home in Pittsburgh cut into dance trips this season.

Next event, unless something comes up, will be LDW:

Sept: Farina at Liquid Frequencies Pool for an all vinyl set.

Oct: Colette / Heather @ Viper

Posted by jonmitz on Jul-25-2018 22:18:

quote:
-Outside Lands -Aug 10-12

I'm hoping to pick up some cheap tickets, but I'm not going to pay above $100/day for OSL, especially with the lineup. Crossing my fingers something comes up!

Posted by 72hrpartyanimal on Jul-26-2018 15:27:

Last minute decision. We're headed to the Love Long Beach Festival on Sunday. Tickets are cheap, family friendly and looks to be some cool vibes (burner crowd).

http://lovelongbeachcelebration.com/

Kind of cool way to introduce our daughter to the culture... i guess

Posted by DJ RANN on Jul-27-2018 20:12:

quote:
Originally posted by 72hrpartyanimal
Last minute decision. We're headed to the Love Long Beach Festival on Sunday. Tickets are cheap, family friendly and looks to be some cool vibes (burner crowd).

http://lovelongbeachcelebration.com/

Kind of cool way to introduce our daughter to the culture... i guess

Subtract stage is going to be LIT. All the boys from Deep playing. Proper West Coast House.

Posted by DJ RANN on Jul-27-2018 20:13:

quote:
-Ibiza- Sept 4th-14th Carl Cox & Sasha Digweed @ Resistance,

Oh fuck you. That's going to to be absolutely

Posted by 72hrpartyanimal on Jul-27-2018 20:32:

I don't know how this one slipped on me but I just found out PHISH is playing tonight (friday) and tomorrow (saturday) at the Forum in LA.

Posted by MR STROKE on Jul-27-2018 21:18:

quote:
Originally posted by mar46017

nope not in Playa or Portugal

BPM Festival tweeted & posted on their FB
"We are working on bringing back BPM in January"

I am guessing we will hear an announcement in Sept after BPM Portugal

Posted by DJ RANN on Jul-28-2018 02:02:

I reckon it's going to be be Ibiza. It's dead in January and its one of the few places that is going to allow the shenanigans, not to mention past record of someone having been shot dead at an event.

Posted by MR STROKE on Jul-29-2018 04:18:

quote:
I reckon it's going to be be Ibiza. It's dead in January and its one of the few places that is going to allow the shenanigans, not to mention past record of someone having been shot dead at an event.

Doesn't make much sense though. A majority of the people going to BPM were from North America, so doing that alienates them. Then BPM is already in Portugal (2 hour flight from Ibiza) and Jan in Ibiza is pretty cold.

I've heard rumors of Puerto Rico (before the hurricanes) but if that doesn't happen then I'd imagine somewhere closer to the US ? (Honolulu or Belize would be incredible, though I don't know if they have the night clubs to support BPM.

Posted by bstorm on Jul-30-2018 00:13:

quote:
Subtract stage is going to be LIT. All the boys from Deep playing. Proper West Coast House.

Last minute lineup change. Wyatt is stuck in Greece I think. DJ Dan filling in. Don't quote me on this but believe 8-9 is set time

Kinda bummed I'm not there....

Posted by 72hrpartyanimal on Jul-31-2018 15:32:

My wifes nieces (college kids) are going to Hard Summer this Sunday. We (Gina and I) thought about secretly attending to surprise them. But then we saw the lineup and said "fuck that shit!"

Posted by mar46017 on Jul-31-2018 21:36:

quote:

Highly doubt Ibiza since its cold AF.

Miami or any Caribbean island would be nice in January.

Posted by DJ RANN on Jul-31-2018 23:07:

I doubt it's going to be a caribbean island. You need somewhere with a major airport (i.e. like cancun) that can handle the flights, and you also need somewhere that's open to having several thousand clubber get seriously munted.

The islands don't want the hassle, and that's why I thought Ibiza becuase they've been desperate for decades to get something going in there off season, and have no qualms about cained tourists getting wild on their streets/beaches. I suppose it is a little cold at 12c.

Puerto Rico is actually a good idea; would be good for the economy and travel for US citizens is easier than even Mexico.

Just not sure if the infrastructure is up to it.

Posted by Nerologic on Aug-11-2018 05:05:

Some of the closing parties in Ibiza in Sept

Maybe the last day of BPM in Portugal

Oktoberfest in Munich

ADE in October

Ramen till 2019

Posted by jonmitz on Aug-13-2018 18:33:

quote:
Originally posted by 72hrpartyanimal
My wifes nieces (college kids) are going to Hard Summer this Sunday. We (Gina and I) thought about secretly attending to surprise them. But then we saw the lineup and said "fuck that shit!"

that's a terrible lineup... and yet they for some reason booked a few downtempo people like petite biscuit. He's going to be so confused when he shows up to a massive LA-shitfest. So out of place.

Posted by 72hrpartyanimal on Aug-13-2018 19:50:

quote:
Originally posted by jonmitz
that's a terrible lineup... and yet they for some reason booked a few downtempo people like petite biscuit. He's going to be so confused when he shows up to a massive LA-shitfest. So out of place.

they loved Diplo.

I tried listening to a live set form him on Soundcloud and wanted to shoot myself after the first 15 minutes.

Posted by 72hrpartyanimal on Aug-13-2018 21:10:

Few parties we're checking out:

10/27/2018 - Lot 613 w/ Mano Le Tough (halloween weekend)
11/24/2018 - Venue unknown w/ Solomun!!!

Pages (5): [1] 2 3 4 5 »