TranceAddict Forums

TranceAddict Forums (www.tranceaddict.com/forums)
- Past Events
-- 2010.12.31 [LA] Together As One New Year's Eve
Pages (8): « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »

Posted by jimji1005 on Dec-31-2010 19:32:

ok, hungover from cosmic gate. cya all @ Tao!!!

Posted by Nerologic on Dec-31-2010 20:03:

I will there black SD hat and A Laidback Luke shirt like always....

Posted by Nerologic on Jan-01-2011 19:45:

Posted by LphiESteve on Jan-01-2011 20:08:

Posted by chlola on Jan-01-2011 20:14:

Laidback Luke tore the roof off but Insomniac and Go Ventures can eat my left nut for their lack of organization and professionalism.

Posted by OkiDokie on Jan-01-2011 20:15:

quote:
Originally posted by chlola
Insomniac and Go Ventures can eat my left nut

Signature material

Posted by modthispny on Jan-01-2011 20:18:

quote:
Originally posted by chlola
Laidback Luke tore the roof off but Insomniac and Go Ventures can eat my left nut for their lack of organization and professionalism.

Why? I thought insomniac is on top of their game when it comes to event planning and organization.

How was markus Schulz? His set at ruby Skye afterwards was the best I had heard from him...5.5 hours of bliss.

Posted by chlola on Jan-01-2011 20:51:

quote:
Originally posted by modthispny
Why? I thought insomniac is on top of their game when it comes to event planning and organization.

How was markus Schulz? His set at ruby Skye afterwards was the best I had heard from him...5.5 hours of bliss.

I have no clue.
I was stuck in a cluster fuck of a line.
I did eventually cut in about 2000 people,
(shame on me) but still was not able to catch Shultz thanks to these fucktards that have absolutely no clue how to plan a NYE event.

Posted by Nerologic on Jan-01-2011 21:13:

I would be pretty upset if I would have paid 150 bucks and had to wait an hr or 2 just to get 2 drinks...And getting in was horrible but I just pushed myself through. They had 3 male guys patting down and 1 female patting down. How hard is it to figure out when you sell x amount of vip tix 4 people doing pat downs isn't going to cut it.

The mob in front of the vip bar.

Posted by Tosh on Jan-01-2011 22:19:

Already heard people saying "worst rave ever/of their life"

Posted by chlola on Jan-01-2011 22:55:

It was a f'ing disaster.

Posted by anomalies on Jan-01-2011 23:07:

Getting in was a complete nightmare, no organization at all. It felt like the most crowded rave I've ever been to. Markus killed it, pretty much played what he's been playing in his recent sets, no big surprises. The main stage was a cluster fuck during the countdown, no room to get around, but cleared up after.

Wouldn't call it the worst rave of my life, but probably because I experienced Pop 2010.

Posted by DjWoody on Jan-01-2011 23:08:

quote:
Originally posted by Nerologic

Nice video! I was backstage too. Well sort off, I was on the rails next to the guard. hahahaha

TAO was clusterfuck, I liked MM a lot better. Trying to get from the mainstage to the inside of the Arena was horrible, but oh well. We went right back and just hanged out backstage until after the countdown when we left for Avalon.

We heard all of Markus's set while we waited in the VIP line, and unfortunately we missed Afrojack, which was 1/2 the reason we went to TAO! There was just too many kids all over the place!

Posted by bigperf on Jan-01-2011 23:10:

quote:
Originally posted by Tosh
Already heard people saying "worst rave ever/of their life"

maybe that BAN bill isn't such a bad idea after all....

Posted by 72hrpartyanimal on Jan-01-2011 23:12:

although TAO is combination of Insomniac and GO Ventures, it is Go Ventures that does most of the party organizing.

Posted by DjWoody on Jan-01-2011 23:12:

quote:
Originally posted by anomalies
Getting in was a complete nightmare, no organization at all. It felt like the most crowded rave I've ever been to.

I felt like this too.

Posted by chlola on Jan-01-2011 23:22:

quote:
Originally posted by bigperf

Ban this bitch.

Posted by DjWoody on Jan-01-2011 23:22:

Thousands Pack LA Sports Arena for New Year's Eve Rave

--------------
http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...-112751489.html
--------------

Paramedics treated about dozen people for possible Ecstasy and alcohol overdoses on New Year's Eve at a rave at the Los Angeles Memorial Sports Arena, and several others were arrested on suspicion of possessing the psychedelic drug.

One man trying to exit the venue took "a long fall" on the Figueroa Street side of the arena, firefighters said, adding that he was among those hospitalized early Saturday.

Firefighter-paramedics and police were especially busy between midnight and 2 a.m. at the 13th annual "Together As One" event, billed by promoters as "the world's largest New Year's Eve dance music festival."

In the 90 minutes before the event was scheduled to end at 2 a.m., paramedics treated multiple patients -- including two young men and a young woman believed to be in her late teens -- for possible drug overdoses.

One possible Ecstasy overdose patient was said to be a dialysis patient. Another reportedly was having a seizure. The woman was being treated just outside the venue on Figueroa Street, according to the fire department.

At least one person at the rave was treated early Saturday for trauma due to a possible assault. Some people at the event were treated for possible alcohol intoxication.
The man who fell was trying to jump a wall after 3 a.m., misjudged his landing, and fell 20 to 25 feet.

Another man who was at the rave came to the police administration building downtown just before 6 a.m. to see about a friend who was arrested. He declined to be interviewed but said the rave "was a blast."

The event began at 5 p.m. Friday, according to promoters.

An estimated 45,000 people were at the sold-out event before 11 p.m., according to news reports. The Los Angeles Times reported the crowd at more than 26,000 just after 11 p.m.
At least two people were treated for drinking too much before they got into the event, according to Michael Bauman of the Los Angeles Fire Department.

Promoters billed the event for participants "18 and over with ID." One attendee said it took him 30 to 45 minutes to get through lines that included security checks and into the event. He estimated others took up to two hours to get in.

Los Angeles police Capt. Melissa Zak told the Los Angeles Times three people were arrested for possession of Ecstasy before 11 p.m.

In June, raves were banned at the Sports Arena and adjacent Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum after the Ecstasy overdose death of Sasha Rodriguez, 15, of Atwater Village, at a rave at the Coliseum.

Coliseum commissioners voted to lift the ban in November, and soon after required rave promoters to petition for approval at least a month before an event, according to The Times.

The new rule did not apply to the rave being staged Friday and Saturday, which had already been scheduled.

Commissioners promised to add safeguards to protect participants and the surrounding neighborhood, including extra security, additional drug searches, stricter enforcement of age limits, and increased on-site emergency medical treatment, according to The Times.

Copyright City News Service First Published: Jan 1, 2011 1:02 PM PST

Posted by Nerologic on Jan-01-2011 23:27:

quote:
Originally posted by bigperf

Posted by chlola on Jan-01-2011 23:27:

quote:
Originally posted by 72hrpartyanimal
although TAO is combination of Insomniac and GO Ventures, it is Go Ventures that does most of the party organizing.

Oxymoron.
There was no organizing AT ALL.
I will never go to an Insomniac or Go Venture again.
I'd rather stay home & listen to youtube.

http://blogs.laweekly.com/informer/...ts_hospital.php

Posted by Thriller on Jan-01-2011 23:33:

quote:
Originally posted by DjWoody
Thousands Pack LA Sports Arena for New Year's Eve Rave

--------------
http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...-112751489.html
--------------

Paramedics treated about dozen people for possible Ecstasy and alcohol overdoses on New Year's Eve at a rave at the Los Angeles Memorial Sports Arena, and several others were arrested on suspicion of possessing the psychedelic drug.

One man trying to exit the venue took "a long fall" on the Figueroa Street side of the arena, firefighters said, adding that he was among those hospitalized early Saturday.

Firefighter-paramedics and police were especially busy between midnight and 2 a.m. at the 13th annual "Together As One" event, billed by promoters as "the world's largest New Year's Eve dance music festival."

In the 90 minutes before the event was scheduled to end at 2 a.m., paramedics treated multiple patients -- including two young men and a young woman believed to be in her late teens -- for possible drug overdoses.

One possible Ecstasy overdose patient was said to be a dialysis patient. Another reportedly was having a seizure. The woman was being treated just outside the venue on Figueroa Street, according to the fire department.

At least one person at the rave was treated early Saturday for trauma due to a possible assault. Some people at the event were treated for possible alcohol intoxication.
The man who fell was trying to jump a wall after 3 a.m., misjudged his landing, and fell 20 to 25 feet.

Another man who was at the rave came to the police administration building downtown just before 6 a.m. to see about a friend who was arrested. He declined to be interviewed but said the rave "was a blast."

The event began at 5 p.m. Friday, according to promoters.

An estimated 45,000 people were at the sold-out event before 11 p.m., according to news reports. The Los Angeles Times reported the crowd at more than 26,000 just after 11 p.m.
At least two people were treated for drinking too much before they got into the event, according to Michael Bauman of the Los Angeles Fire Department.

Promoters billed the event for participants "18 and over with ID." One attendee said it took him 30 to 45 minutes to get through lines that included security checks and into the event. He estimated others took up to two hours to get in.

Los Angeles police Capt. Melissa Zak told the Los Angeles Times three people were arrested for possession of Ecstasy before 11 p.m.

In June, raves were banned at the Sports Arena and adjacent Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum after the Ecstasy overdose death of Sasha Rodriguez, 15, of Atwater Village, at a rave at the Coliseum.

Coliseum commissioners voted to lift the ban in November, and soon after required rave promoters to petition for approval at least a month before an event, according to The Times.

The new rule did not apply to the rave being staged Friday and Saturday, which had already been scheduled.

Commissioners promised to add safeguards to protect participants and the surrounding neighborhood, including extra security, additional drug searches, stricter enforcement of age limits, and increased on-site emergency medical treatment, according to The Times.

Copyright City News Service First Published: Jan 1, 2011 1:02 PM PST

I wonder how this is going to effect Beyond Wonderland in March..

Posted by chlola on Jan-01-2011 23:34:

I hope it's cancelled.
These bitches should give a free pass to all the peeps they pissed off at TAO.

Posted by anomalies on Jan-01-2011 23:35:

I've never had issues with Insomniac events, its usually Goventures that fucks shit up.

Posted by Nerologic on Jan-01-2011 23:42:

quote:
Originally posted by DjWoody
Nice video! I was backstage too. Well sort off, I was on the rails next to the guard. hahahaha

TAO was clusterfuck, I liked MM a lot better. Trying to get from the mainstage to the inside of the Arena was horrible, but oh well. We went right back and just hanged out backstage until after the countdown when we left for Avalon.

We heard all of Markus's set while we waited in the VIP line, and unfortunately we missed Afrojack, which was 1/2 the reason we went to TAO! There was just too many kids all over the place!

Ya it was a mess. I was supposed to walk in with Luke and crew but like always I never made it to LA on time. But yea I heard Markus set from the clusterfuck trying to get in lol

Afrojack was at Hyde on Thursday, hes been playing a lot of places in LA recently. He will be doing so for a while since he's staying out here so much...

Ding daga ding...

Posted by chlola on Jan-01-2011 23:52:

Insomniac did put on a great show at The Palladium with Guetta.
So I'll switch my hate stick to Go Ventures.
Who runs that company?

Pages (8): « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »