TranceAddict Forums

TranceAddict Forums (www.tranceaddict.com/forums)
- USA - New York
-- saw the techno storm come- is this the techno drizzle?
Pages (97): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 »

Posted by Chaska on Jul-25-2012 03:14:

quote:
Originally posted by SebG
This is what I see when I read your post

LMAO.

First of all, let's get one shit straight. Whatever the fuck you kids are listening to calling it "deep house" just isn't, so please stop. Very little of what is called deep house nowadays actually is. It's not quite disco either, that's a fucking insult to the disco greats eg. Donna Summer, Gloria Gaynor, Diana Ross, etc. It's just 80's disco-influenced crap pop, ie, what KILLED disco completely. I admit that I'm guilty of calling it disco, but that's just because of a lack of a better name and it's what it sounds like the most. I swear every time I hear a Wolf + Lame/Slow Crap set I want to stab my ears and put myself out of my misery. I was so turned off by what I heard and saw at my last visit to the Marcy, that I'd rather die than go through it again. I still like tech house, but very few do it right lately, all sets sound generic to me and I am ultimately bored. Yes, I am a true techno head and I do believe techno in a beach/day party setting can be done. Shit, it used to be done all the time a few years ago.

Lounger and xpander understand my rants best. If I wanted a safe lineup, I'd be more of a festival goer and eat all the BPM shit up, or Coachella, Ultra, Burning Man or whatever as long as I'm high enough, but I actually appreciate and demand quality music and I refuse to be fed the garbage that most take, no matter how high I am. To be perfectly honest, a lot of friends that went to BPM told me that I didn't miss much with the exception of the minus party, and there's no way in hell I'd spend my time and money to fly my ass to Mexico for one party. Going to a festival should be a complete experience and I just don't see myself getting that @ BPM because 1) I don't like the music and 2) I don't like the people this music attracts or the attitudes. If that makes me a hater then so be it; I could not give two shits.

Posted by lounger540 on Jul-25-2012 04:01:

I'll put together an amazing tech house set for you.

Give me this weekend.

And yes, deep house is shit like Miguel Migs, which makes me want to vomit almost as much as wolf and lamp.

Posted by lounger540 on Jul-25-2012 04:09:

Posted by Chaska on Jul-25-2012 04:30:

quote:
Originally posted by Frequency Frank
I'm closing this party out, from 6-?, and I am almost positive Syed is right before me. Will be an absolute onslaught of dark industrial techno by the time you get there

Awww shiiiiit!!!

I expect excellence. Don't make me take the techno whip out on you!

Posted by Chaska on Jul-25-2012 04:31:

quote:
Originally posted by lounger540
I'll put together an amazing tech house set for you.

Give me this weekend.

And yes, deep house is shit like Miguel Migs, which makes me want to vomit almost as much as wolf and lamp.

Haha.

I'll believe it when I see/hear it!

Posted by Frequency Frank on Jul-25-2012 04:58:

quote:
Originally posted by Chaska
Awww shiiiiit!!!

I expect excellence. Don't make me take the techno whip out on you!

strictly the hard stuff at that time of the night!

Posted by SebG on Jul-25-2012 05:01:

As far as deep house goes, yeah what people call deep house these days is totally fucking different than what I know.

for instance this is what I would call deep house

Posted by Chaska on Jul-25-2012 05:26:

Of all the new stuff out there called deep house, this one actually is, down to the diva vocal and super gay lyrics.

A house classic:

Been going through old music today... ah, memories...

edit: or how about this:

Posted by EarnYourKeep on Jul-25-2012 13:45:

quote:
Originally posted by AY STAR
yea i honestly dont feel the line-up is that bad either
plus you're in mexico at the same time so you can also make it a relaxing vacation at the same time
if the line-up stays something like this i think i might go one year down the road

plus youre in mexico...relaxing vacation...like party all night wake up by the pool in your own villa with coke sluts passed out, take a trip to the ruins, charter a boat to do some fishing, you know all that type of vacation shit

oh yea, and then party like a rockstar with richie and crew

cash me in right now...that's a COMPLETE EXPERIENCE FOR ME - just need to make sure the crew in tow isn't full of any drama creation, need real G's on a trip like that...peeps that know how to get their shit done if they lost in a rain forest on the way back from some brothel and ain't afraid to pull a heater out if you're ran up on

it's the region where you can do the shit you want to do and hold yours if you need to, no whiney bitches in my villa

Posted by edubbz on Jul-26-2012 00:32:

I'll be at BPM this year, that's for sure! Tried going last year after seeing this line-up & events..well, I was more about the other events rather than the festival bc that itself is just mediocre at its best. Unfortunately, that didn't fall through bc I slept on airfare which jumped from $400 to $1000 in a week. Of course, not only the events had me drawn but the destination- Playa del Carmen. Call it a "tourist trap" all you want but aren't the best places in the world like that for a reason? If I had a choice to die anywhere in the world, it would be San Andres, Colombia. And that place is a TREMENDOUS tourist trap but shiiiiet idgaf- btw, there's no music scene out there just to give you an idea of the point I'm trying to make.

Anyways, I believe it's more of the location which draws such a mass of attention to PDC. Srsly, beautiful clear blue water beaches, palm trees (I'm a sucker for these...anywhere present, I feel like in heaven), great climate/ambiance, surrounded by beautiful people (not just physically but personally), and the fact that it's tied to ancient history- Mayan ruins, caves and, my fav, cenotes (google that for your own pleasure)- only minutes away, makes this place a perfect getaway, IMO. That's how I like to plan for my festival experiences abroad, by making sure I explore not just the music but the location in which it inhabits (I give myself a few extra days to do this when traveling). Of course, if the festival sucked, I wouldn't be interested in the first place. This approach between destination/music is balanced from time to time. But, overall, it all ties together to create something special, an experience to never forget.

Personally, I'm content with the line-up. It's not 'omg, just this line-up will do' to fly out there (DEMF & ADE has had that affect thus so far) but it holds names, perfect for the setting, that I'd care to see, such as: carlo lio, cedric, lazarus, sneak, droog, gaiser, heidi, jamie jones, burridge, carola, nina & hawtin just to name a few. And this is just the festival line-up, day/night events are yet to be announced. I'm really bummed that Hernan & Paco aren't on that line-up but pray that they'll be else where on the island during the period.

For me, this one is more about the destination filled with activities- can't wait to hit up those cenotes! Throw all this into a caldron with a zest of underground flavor and I'll start making room to add it to the books.

This trip can be done in 10-15 days. Whereas Kazantip, you would need at LEAST 2 weeks, so I figure. This, I have in mind to do the day I plan to invade Portugal but not for that long. Perhaps a week or so but, unfortunately, I don't think that's anywhere in the nearby future. Everything has it's pros/cons but I believe there's a LOT more to do in PDC than Kazantip, other than party, which holds more leverage.

Posted by Neonbeats on Jul-26-2012 00:57:

That was the 2012 lineup I posted btw. The lineup for "this" year, 2013, hasn't come out yet. I have never went, but a few of my friends have, and say the coolest part is that a lot of djs make it their personal vacation. So you'll see them just chillin on the beach, at other parties or chillin on someones roof at afters. I hear the vibe is great as well.

But yea, it looks beautiful. Some of these Villas look amazing. I would be ok with this back yard

Posted by edubbz on Jul-26-2012 01:32:

correction: that's the year (2011) which I than became familiarized with the event at first hand. Later that years, I began researching about it and the lineup which you posted was the year I was supposed to attend- I knew something didn't make sense bc I remember flipping out when I saw Nina on the lineup and I was all about her ATM .

But bc of the jump in airfare, I just couldn't make it anymore and was completely bummed out. Sucks bc I remember clearly seeing airfare, from like Oct/Nov, around 400+...now, mid July, I'm seeing flights starting at 500+

Werd, waking up to that sight would be priceless.

Posted by Skeptic on Jul-26-2012 02:23:

quote:
Originally posted by Chaska
Of all the new stuff out there called deep house, this one actually is, down to the diva vocal and super gay lyrics.

You prob hate Maceo Plex then. Guy just plays garbage like that.

Posted by lounger540 on Jul-26-2012 02:44:

This thread got gay.

Posted by Neonbeats on Jul-26-2012 03:16:

quote:
Originally posted by edubbz
correction: that's the year (2011) which I than became familiarized with the event at first hand. Later that years, I began researching about it and the lineup which you posted was the year I was supposed to attend- I knew something didn't make sense bc I remember flipping out when I saw Nina on the lineup and I was all about her ATM .

But bc of the jump in airfare, I just couldn't make it anymore and was completely bummed out. Sucks bc I remember clearly seeing airfare, from like Oct/Nov, around 400+...now, mid July, I'm seeing flights starting at 500+

Werd, waking up to that sight would be priceless.

Yeah I think they'll go down a bit in the next couple months. Just gotta wait it out. They hit 430ish for a few days then went up. Just gotta wait for more flights to come out...

Posted by Chaska on Jul-26-2012 03:39:

quote:
Originally posted by skalariak
You prob hate Maceo Plex then. Guy just plays garbage like that.

I don't hate him. I actually used to like him because he was original in the beginning (ie his first EP). I just see him as a one-trick pony and his trick just got old very quickly to me. Whenever I hear a dj play a Maceo Plex track, to me that's a dj that didn't do his homework and downloaded what beatport and RA told him/her to.
Even his Maetrik stuff sounds like Maceo Plex now. I'm officially bored with him and all of his aliases. And I used to fucking LOVE Maetrik.

quote:
This thread got gay.

Word. I think ppl just get lost on the way to the "boring k music" thread and decide to just pile it on over here. Wasn't this the techno thread? Why must we be subjected to this pussy music? And where the fuck is Taurus? He should be defending his thread, wtf.

That shit is banging yo! I dig.

Posted by Chaska on Jul-26-2012 04:17:

Anybody been feeling Markus Suckut lately as much as I have?

http://soundcloud.com/markussuckut

Posted by Frequency Frank on Jul-26-2012 05:12:

This is deep house, right?

Posted by edubbz on Jul-26-2012 15:18:

do a handful, literally, of posts outside the "techno" talk really make your eyes bleed when read?

I really would love to defend myself here but given that this is a "techno" thread now, that'd prob be a bit ignorant of myself...or you would think. Allow me to explain why I say "now".

Clearly, I don't just stumble upon here while searching for the "boring k-music" thread bc I contribute to the subject just as much as everyone else here. But, out of curiosity, since when did this thread become only-techno talk? As I recall, this thread got created by a former noob (all love Taurus) who kept bombarding our section with weekly threads asking for guidance. Just a year ago it was all the talks about what I consider this thread to be, techno along with the underground scene. As I look back and go over our first posts, nobody seemed to get a titty attack when the subject wasn't strictly about techno bc that's not why this thread got created in the first place. If it were so, howcome nobody (out of the ones thats been here for a while) sought to create a techno thread in the first place? um..prob bc no one thought it would get this much support. All of a sudden, you guys make it your home to just techno. I suppose I must have missed the memo somewhere along the thread.

So, with all this said, I will continue to post about what I have been posting since the commencement of this thread! or is that wrong? whatever, hate me!

edit: I'll share this gem as a kick in the door

Posted by lounger540 on Jul-26-2012 15:30:

Doesn't matter to me. I'm just gong to make sure there's at least one good techno track posted per page.

I'm looking forward for when we get to the next page actually bcs Seb's big ass cartoons are the first t hing that pops up when I open this at work

Posted by Chaska on Jul-26-2012 17:31:

Oh relax, I was just being a bit dramatic in the last post. I do stand by what I said about Maceo Plex though, that I do mean.

I guess I just feel about this trend the same way the "elders" felt about the whole mnml trend 5-6 years ago. A lot of filler and less quality, not to mention the attitude and the silly outfits (anyone here remembers the mnml scarves??). A style of music with slower bpm and that is 4/4 doesn't mean it's house; it's just a grossly glorified and mislabeled collection of 80's sounding music with a "fresh" take. The "disco" headbands, wayfarers, use of neon and retro clothing and looking like bums makes it all that much more ridiculous. It's basically the hipster scene keeping up with the "EDM" times. This is this time's mnml, with the exception that good minimal techno was not as hard to find as it is to find good nu-disco nowadays. And let me remind you that while everyone else was just getting on the mnml bandwagon and before most ever even fathomed that nu-disco would be a thing, I was listening to Lindstrom, Prins Thomas and Todd Terje (to name a few). This trend is a temporary thing and will die just like the original disco (srsly, how many times will disco be "brought back"?) and like the mnml. What will come up next?

Just please, for the love of God stop calling it underground cos it isn't. Nothing is anymore, especially that style.

I guess I'm getting old. Now get off my lawn!

Posted by lounger540 on Jul-26-2012 18:27:

mnml scarves? where the fuck was I.

I kind of want minimal to come back. Sci-Tec is still putting out good minimal occasionally.

Posted by Chaska on Jul-26-2012 18:45:

quote:
mnml scarves? where the fuck was I.

I kind of want minimal to come back. Sci-Tec is still putting out good minimal occasionally.

College, maybe?

It was the same thing as the "nu-disco" hipsters (literally. Same people.). I used to call them mnmlhpstrs back then.

DUDE. I just found a 3-year-old ipod in my storage the other day. You have no idea of the amount of minimal I found.

I have some intel, btw. Anyone remember Schubert, minimal techno producer and Sci-Tec artist from DC? He's releasing an EP on Minus in the next few weeks Heard snippets and sounds amazing, really hope he becomes a regular over at Richie's camp, he's incredibly talented.

Posted by lounger540 on Jul-26-2012 19:05:

Q(@*#(RQ*EWFADSCIOJAD!!!!!!!

Just remembered I'm going to a wedding on the 4th in Buffalo.
No CLR for me

...at least I get to hook up with a bridesmaid finally.

Posted by edubbz on Jul-26-2012 19:52:

My thoughts exactly, that's why I italicized the word underground. I'm not a fan of nu-disco. Not going to front, some of it grows on me and depending where I'm at I can dig it but for the most part, it's just not my cup of tea. The way that I feel nowadays is that there are soo many sub-genres of techno & house, and intertwining, out today that it gets somewhat confusing as to what is what. DJ's now are too busy trying to find the "next" sound but as we've seen it it only has a minimal lifespan- I give nu-disco two years (max, prob overestimating this) before it dies out. idk what it is that they think, the slower the cooler? Whatever. Very few stick to basics and remain original. But what are you going to do, be jaded and bash everything that you're not used to or dislike?

I'd love for mnmal techno to come back, that's where I'm most comfortable at. But for now, I've had to settle for and grown attached to the house-ier side of things (tech/deep/mnmal). Now, stop making me type so much for a day!

In unrelated news, I'm in the mood for some good ceviche. I've heard/seen some good things about ya, Chaska. Can I live?

Pages (97): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 »