TranceAddict Forums

TranceAddict Forums (www.tranceaddict.com/forums)
- USA - New York
-- saw the techno storm come- is this the techno drizzle?
Pages (97): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 »

Posted by TaurusNYY on Jan-05-2012 14:16:

http://www.youtube.com/4HHnqmC8J2I

Some nice stuff.

I really need to pay more attention to the visuals at these parties, usually too zoned out to notice.

Posted by SebG on Jan-05-2012 14:51:

Just saw this too

Pretty sick

Are you a redditor by any chance?

Posted by euphoria on Jan-05-2012 15:15:

Chill out with embedding for a lil while guys, its making the thread crash. Post URL's instead.

Posted by TaurusNYY on Jan-05-2012 15:19:

quote:
Originally posted by euphoria
Chill out with embedding for a lil while guys, its making the thread crash. Post URL's instead.

Thanks for your help

Posted by euphoria on Jan-05-2012 15:29:

quote:
Originally posted by TaurusNYY
Thanks for your help

yep no prob

Posted by kingchinc on Jan-05-2012 15:51:

quote:
Originally posted by TaurusNYY
Any feedback on these Arana/Wobble parties I always see them posting up but never see anyone reply to their posts. They have that guy Duckhunter spinning that night- from what I have heard of him he throws it down. I have to go out on Saturday night with a birthday crowd so may drag them to this if nothing else is happening.

2012.01.07 Sorted @ Open House (with OPEN BAR) ~ Arana & Friends

Arana always throws a fantastic party with lots of eye candy

He is also an incredibly nice guy, be sure to say hello to him in the booth.

Posted by Neonbeats on Jan-05-2012 16:21:

quote:
Originally posted by euphoria

I think you broke TarusNYY's link

Posted by euphoria on Jan-05-2012 16:25:

quote:
Originally posted by Neonbeats

Something was already wrong with the link, all I did was remove the embed code.

Posted by edubbz on Jan-05-2012 18:04:

I leave this thread speaking last about lucy and T47 to come back to a fluffy conversation?? Clearly, I must have missed something...

Wait, did someone admit to having a man crush??

I'm outta heaa!!

Posted by lounger540 on Jan-05-2012 18:27:

quote:
Originally posted by kingchinc
Arana always throws a fantastic party with lots of eye candy

He is also an incredibly nice guy, be sure to say hello to him in the booth.

First time I met him spinning @ Cielo he remembered me from the RSVP list. Gave us some drink tickets, talked to my friend who had never even been to an EDM club and she ended up going to a few more of his parties on her own after that and really loving it.

At the time I was more into Tech House and really liked his style. It's been a while and I've been meaning to go to another.

Posted by lounger540 on Jan-05-2012 18:29:

quote:
Originally posted by Neonbeats

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HHnqmC8J2I
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ab9KStI7tC0

Posted by TaurusNYY on Jan-05-2012 18:31:

quote:
Originally posted by lounger540
First time I met him spinning @ Cielo he remembered me from the RSVP list. Gave us some drink tickets, talked to my friend who had never even been to an EDM club and she ended up going to a few more of his parties on her own after that and really loving it.

At the time I was more into Tech House and really liked his style. It's been a while and I've been meaning to go to another.

Yeah once I saw that duckhunter was spinning it really got me interested since Ive been meaning to hear him...Ill hit you up if I am heading over- do the same.

Posted by TaurusNYY on Jan-05-2012 18:43:

quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HHnqmC8J2I
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ab9KStI7tC0

Thanks for that was just gonna do it- yeah when I searched for Carl Craig and company I had no idea thats what I would find.

That Hawtin shit is hot.

Posted by edubbz on Jan-05-2012 21:19:

All Day I Dream 01.29 tba

Posted by lounger540 on Jan-05-2012 21:34:

quote:
Originally posted by edubbz
All Day I Dream 01.29 tba

I used to ignore these and similar parties but I'd like to give it a try. I'm assuming many people will be going to Maya Jane Coles the night before too which I couldn't care less about, but that's another issue.

EDIT: Actually I'll probably be snowboarding every weekend from now on and a party like this could be a nice way to mellow down from the adrenaline rush.

Posted by lounger540 on Jan-05-2012 22:06:

http://youtu.be/6JKETTVhBG4

Need

Posted by Chaska on Jan-05-2012 22:26:

quote:
I used to ignore these and similar parties but I'd like to give it a try. I'm assuming many people will be going to Maya Jane Coles the night before too which I couldn't care less about, but that's another issue.

EDIT: Actually I'll probably be snowboarding every weekend from now on and a party like this could be a nice way to mellow down from the adrenaline rush.

I'm going to DC to see Maya on the 26th since I don't want to miss Cassy on the 28th. Plus the DC party will prob be $15 at the most (FREE before 11) with the best sound system in town and I get to hang out with some of my DC peeps I had a lot of fun last year when I saw her and her set was really good. $50 in NY is a tad extreme for Maya though, I wouldn't pay that much for her (of for any ONE dj unless it's a very impressive booking).

I don't know about you, but I need me some BOOM BOOM more at parties... I had fun last time I saw Lee, but it wasn't really what I go for when I want to lose my shit.

Posted by edubbz on Jan-05-2012 22:30:

Wrd! It's mad chill & certainly a perfect way to end the weekend. I used to be the same and avoid them as well, but than..gave it a try and became converted.
I've learned that you can't be close minded with music..things sound a lot more different in person than through whatever audio output you use. It's happened to me plenty of times, and in the end I was only left kicking myself for missing out on the many times I had denied such parties all bc it just seemed corny or not my taste. I heard nothing but great things about the last one he did last year at a rooftop to end the summer. So, I'm making sure I won't miss this one, again. Also, I believe this is the last one he's doing (in NY).

http://www.residentadvisor.net/news.aspx?id=14157

That's that, feels like I said more than what I wanted to say lol
As for Maya, I could care less, as well. I'll be with my love that night, Cassy!!!

When you going boarding? I'm hitting up Mt. Snow this sat to scratch the itch.

Posted by lounger540 on Jan-05-2012 22:31:

Boom boom indeed. Wouldn't Maya be even softer than Lee though? Am I listening to the wrong sets. I find Maya boring as shit from what I've heard.

Posted by lounger540 on Jan-05-2012 22:43:

quote:
I've learned that you can't be close minded with music..things sound a lot more different in person than through whatever audio output you use.

Yeah I've defintely figured this out more and more over the years. It's been about timing and cost and transportation (i.e. I'm close to BK or LES) that they just weren't up on my priorities. 5 years ago minimal sounded whack to me until I got dragged to a party and fell instantly. Everything is different than what it's like at home in more ways than just the sound.

quote:
When you going boarding? I'm hitting up Mt. Snow this sat to scratch the itch.

Looks like Mt Creek finally has enough snow to get the park interesting

I usually do Creek during the week since I can stay at my parents house which is in the next town over and I work from home as is soooo, it's pretty much on any given day.

I got the the Hunter discount cards this year too with a couple of free passes so I'm sure I'll be up there soonish. My friend DJs @ Slopes (house/rap) there sometimes and we do after parties at his mountain house (techno). Though this year he's staying with his new GF so I'm not sure what the party situation is like. Hunter is more about partying with people I usually don't hang out around than the mountain, which is overpriced and has a lame ass park compared to creek.

Not sure about any other trips. Last one I did was Jackson Hole 2 winters ago but I didn't used to travel so much for festivals so we'll see if it's in the budget at all, probably not unfortunately. Maybe NH since I have an uncle up there.

Posted by Chaska on Jan-05-2012 23:04:

quote:
Boom boom indeed. Wouldn't Maya be even softer than Lee though? Am I listening to the wrong sets. I find Maya boring as shit from what I've heard.

She played a banging set when I saw her last April (it was the night I met Dave Martin, who I think is prob the most promising one of the DC djs), I really liked the music that night. Her style is def more on the progressive side though from what I've heard (I don't really follow her as much as my usual techno guys).

I'd say Lee has more of an afterhours groovy sound, which I can totally dig at the right place and at the right time, but def not as the main event. I've seen Lee quite a few times and I don't really see the fascination with him... some people call it melodic techno, I call it pussy techno.
He is a very nice guy though and he's been a sweetheart to me the few times we've talked

Posted by SebG on Jan-05-2012 23:08:

Speaking of snowboarding, the season sucks so bad so far....
I've been twice already, but its nothing great yet although BLue Mountain was pretty good last friday.
Last year I went like 16 times all over, I was planning on doing the same this season but Im not sure if this will happen + I got hockey games on sundays now.

I like Mcreek actually, i know its a small mountain but it has a variety + they opened up new stuff.

I get 50% off too over there cause of firefighter discounts.

Posted by lounger540 on Jan-05-2012 23:20:

The thing with Creek is, if you're a park rat, it's the best thing ever. It's cheap, and if you grab some weekdays to go it's usually pretty empty on south. One weekday there and you can progress your freestyle riding more then you would riding several days at any of the over packed destination mountains.

It's the place I go to ride alone and do speed runs one after another after another. I'll hit over 100 rails before lunch on some days, figuring during peak season they have lines that have about 10 jibs one after another and you can nail 10 runs in about 2 hours at a modest pace.

If you don't like park and/or can't ride off peak times (weekend late nights or weekdays before school lets out) it's a bit of a shitastic experience. I haven't even set foot on the north peak in two years.

Posted by lounger540 on Jan-05-2012 23:22:

quote:
Originally posted by Chaska
She played a banging set when I saw her last April (it was the night I met Dave Martin, who I think is prob the most promising one of the DC djs), I really liked the music that night. Her style is def more on the progressive side though from what I've heard (I don't really follow her as much as my usual techno guys).

Her RA set is a vocal snooze-fest, perhaps that's to be expected of RA sets though. Her productions to me are pretty coma inducing too. A couple are catchy but then get annoying after hearing them more than a few time. I never got the hype.
What's a good banger of hers to look for?

edit:

Comparing All Day I Dream 001
Audiofly - Sunrise BCN
Matthew Dekay & Lee Burridge - Gemini Spell

Maya Jane Coles
Maya Jane Coles - Something In The Air
Maya Jane Coles - Dub Child

I don't see how one can be pussy and not the other. I wouldn't be interested in either really if I were going out for a night of partying. Sunday night after a long day of activity, sure, either would do. I think I like the All Day I Dream style a little better though, a little more upbeat.

Also had no idea Dekay did so many different styles. He has some cheesy prog house stuff to some thumping tech house in the couple of years. Last I followed him was when I was crazy for this track back in the day when I was a wee raver http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLcTfkepDuk

Posted by edubbz on Jan-06-2012 00:10:

These parties, well I can't really speak for Maya bc I don't really follow her, but as for Lee's events they're not intended to be a fri/sat night main event. He throws them either outdoor or at a rooftop, during the day and ending around dusk- perfect setting! I don't consider his style techno, at all...I'd lean more towards house if anything, but that word sounds a bit scary to me lol

Pages (97): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 »