TranceAddict Forums

TranceAddict Forums (www.tranceaddict.com/forums)
- USA - New York
-- saw the techno storm come- is this the techno drizzle?
Pages (97): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 »

Posted by ccastro86 on Jun-29-2011 14:07:

quote:
Originally posted by Chaska
Huh? I see techno everywhere.

Matthew Dear & Manik tomorrow @ XVI
Steve Bug & Matt Tolfrey next Saturday @ Good Units
Moodymann on Sunday @ The Yard
Ambivalent & JPLS @ Bunker July 1st
Steve Rachmad @ Trilogy July 1st
Buzz Goree @ Bar 13 July 2nd
Josh Wink @ XVI July 3rd
Ben Klock & Nina Kraviz @ BlkMarket July 3rd
BPitch Control Showcase @ BlkMarket July 4th
Xhin (CLR) on July 8th
Frolic on July 9th (do NOT miss this, Stacey Pullen is playing)

edit: nvm read the event wrong

Posted by TaurusNYY on Jun-29-2011 14:25:

So Ben Klock is going to be at Good Units- I love that spot reminds me of a high school gym/dance or something, that and it is further uptown. I have a big ass BBQ to throw that day and itll take all my strength and sobriety to make it out that night- hopefully I can meet some of you TA's there- I think reception sucks in there though so Ill keep everyone posted- so what are my techno heads plan for this wknd? for chaska its probably all of the above-cheers

Posted by DPetey81 on Jun-29-2011 17:30:

quote:
Originally posted by TaurusNYY
plan for this wknd?

Coming from outta town, so I always make it worthwhile:

Friday: PVD -> Ambivalent @Public Assembly (or sleep, which would be smarter)
Saturday: Fatboy -> Hernan @D36
Sunday: Wink -> Klock @Good Units
Monday: bPitch Control @TBA

Posted by LAdazeNYnights on Jun-29-2011 18:03:

i'm thinkin i'll be @ bunker on friday. unless you guys think there's something better going on? i haven't been to a good tech party in a hot minute...

Posted by ccastro86 on Jun-30-2011 01:14:

I wanted to make it out to Bunker on friday night if I didnt go to PVD but I got royally screwed with my work schedule so neither will be happening. I hoping I can move another day around and make it to good units on saturday night or maybe josh wink on sunday. somehow I doubt it though.

Posted by TaurusNYY on Jul-03-2011 17:42:

thinking of going to check josh wink- but like a dummy forgot to rsvp doubt I could make it in time but if you got an extra name on the list PM me- probably gonna hit this either way- everyone I know is flaking but screw it all about the music anyway- see you all there...someone shoot out an idea for a meetup.

Posted by Chaska on Jul-04-2011 07:06:

quote:
Originally posted by TaurusNYY
So Ben Klock is going to be at Good Units- I love that spot reminds me of a high school gym/dance or something, that and it is further uptown. I have a big ass BBQ to throw that day and itll take all my strength and sobriety to make it out that night- hopefully I can meet some of you TA's there- I think reception sucks in there though so Ill keep everyone posted- so what are my techno heads plan for this wknd? for chaska its probably all of the above-cheers

LOL. I overstayed in DC again this week and got back in on Saturday night, so went out to Cattaneo (hadn't seen him since Crobar 2006) and didn't get home until 5 pm, lol. I'm going to Calderone tomorrow so saving up my energy

How was Wink? I'm actually kicking myself in the ass for missing it, but I really needed some sleep

Posted by edubbz on Jul-04-2011 18:01:

quote:
LOL. I overstayed in DC again this week and got back in on Saturday night, so went out to Cattaneo (hadn't seen him since Crobar 2006) and didn't get home until 5 pm, lol. I'm going to Calderone tomorrow so saving up my energy

How was Wink? I'm actually kicking myself in the ass for missing it, but I really needed some sleep

all i gotta say is, i just woke up and if u (or anybody for that matter) didnt go to nina kravitz last nite...you prob missed out on party of the yr!! bc her and ben holy fucking shit klock- that intro - ripped that place apart and everyone inside it!!!!!

Posted by LAdazeNYnights on Jul-04-2011 18:09:

damn now i really regret not going...

is anybody going to bpitch control party today? do you know how much tix are at the door? i wasn't gonna go out today but i met this girl last night and we wanna go now

Posted by Chaska on Jul-04-2011 18:15:

quote:
Originally posted by LAdazeNYnights
damn now i really regret not going...

is anybody going to bpitch control party today? do you know how much tix are at the door? i wasn't gonna go out today but i met this girl last night and we wanna go now

Hahaha, you better take that girl to the party if she came home with you last night!

The email says $30 at the door, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's $40 like last year w/o RSVP.

Posted by aNYthing on Jul-04-2011 18:17:

quote:
Originally posted by Donnie Gryphon
Xhin is from Singapore. This set got me into him last year.

Live from Berghain

http://soundcloud.com/xhin/live-at-...-october-2-2010

He also has a ton of free downloads on his soundcloud

im not trolling, mind. I'm just curious to find out - what is it about this "music" that you like? All it is just bunch of drum sounds, all i heard was a hi-hat pattern on 1/16 repeat and some other obscure drum sounds thrown in. Is this what techno is? Coz I think i can crank out this stuff all day long on my Maschine... and I'm probably just as unlistenable as anyone in that set.

No offense.. my mind simply does not get techno, as much as I want to get it...

someone explain? how do u tell one from another?

Posted by Chaska on Jul-04-2011 18:17:

quote:
Originally posted by edubbz
all i gotta say is, i just woke up and if u (or anybody for that matter) didnt go to nina kravitz last nite...you prob missed out on party of the yr!! bc her and ben holy fucking shit klock- that intro - ripped that place apart and everyone inside it!!!!!

I don't think you understand, lol, I was in no condition to go out last night.

Posted by yankeeBaby on Jul-04-2011 18:56:

quote:
Originally posted by edubbz

I just woke up an hour ago!!.....(+1) to this entire post^^^. HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!! Last night was exactly what I've been waiting for, straight BOMBS!!!!!!! My fav techno party of the year, and close to fav overall party of the year!!!!! Ben Klock was nuts, no words.......So great seeing everyone, too, what an excellent crowd, venue, and turnout!

Posted by yankeeBaby on Jul-04-2011 18:59:

quote:
Originally posted by aNYthing

Why explain? Will it help you "like" the music? Prolly not Like what you like and so be it!! And TBH it took me years to get into and "feel" techno. Even though I still prefer trance, I really have come to enjoy the harder techno as a solid second place on my genre list.

Posted by Neonbeats on Jul-04-2011 19:55:

quote:
im not trolling, mind. I'm just curious to find out - what is it about this "music" that you like? All it is just bunch of drum sounds, all i heard was a hi-hat pattern on 1/16 repeat and some other obscure drum sounds thrown in. Is this what techno is? Coz I think i can crank out this stuff all day long on my Maschine... and I'm probably just as unlistenable as anyone in that set.

For starters, you should probably try listening to the entire set on some good speakers instead of clicking on random parts of the set listening to a total of 15 seconds.

Posted by Chaska on Jul-05-2011 03:21:

oooh... man, do I have some goodies for you!

August 5th - Speedy J @ Bunker

August 19th- Marcel Dettmann & Tama Sumo @ Bunker

Taurus, this means you should hit both of these.

Posted by TaurusNYY on Jul-05-2011 12:49:

quote:
oooh... man, do I have some goodies for you!

August 5th - Speedy J @ Bunker

August 19th- Marcel Dettmann & Tama Sumo @ Bunker

Taurus, this means you should hit both of these.

well alright, thats what Im talking about. Never been to the Bunker before so a field trip def. seems in order.

Posted by Groundhog Boy on Jul-06-2011 01:45:

Ben Klock was really good on Saturday (as he usually tends to be). Nina seemed to phone her set in, as she's capable of more. There were times she didn't even bother to try to mix the tracks. I got there at 12:30ish, did she do a live PA of "I'm Gonna Get You" like they mentioned that she might do in the emails? If not, I'm curious if she just wasn't feeling well...

Posted by EliPsE on Jul-06-2011 02:09:

quote:

This is the kind of typical response that would come from someone that listens to top20 music.

You of all people should know better since you listen/produce electronic music and I'm sure you have had to dealt with the same exact response you gave from other people. Since when does techno have to follow rules?

Xhin is definitely one of my favorites. I happen to find his style of abstract techno great. I enjoy the strange noises that he uses rather than typical percussion sounds. The different beat patterns are refreshing and I feel there is great deal of groove through his set.

Posted by Neonbeats on Jul-06-2011 02:50:

quote:
Originally posted by Groundhog Boy
Ben Klock was really good on Saturday (as he usually tends to be). Nina seemed to phone her set in, as she's capable of more. There were times she didn't even bother to try to mix the tracks. I got there at 12:30ish, did she do a live PA of "I'm Gonna Get You" like they mentioned that she might do in the emails? If not, I'm curious if she just wasn't feeling well...

she wasn't feeling well apparently. you should read her interview from halycon....pretty crazy

Posted by drewz926 on Jul-07-2011 18:05:

So who's going to FROLIC this saturday? Any TAs wanna meet up?

Posted by BradMiller on Jul-07-2011 18:34:

Btw, I just saw that Speedy J is playing an 8 HOUR SET!

Posted by lounger540 on Jul-07-2011 18:43:

I'm kicking myself for missing J's last 8hour bunker set a couple of years ago, which I have the full mp3 for. Definitely want to plan to make time and energy for this one.

Posted by BradMiller on Jul-07-2011 18:54:

Just put these in the upcoming parties section but thought I'd post em' here as well -

Upcoming Verboten parties:

Friday 7.15
SOUL CLAP
THREE
TANNER ROSS
Good Units

Saturday 7.30
CLAUDE VON STROKE
JUSTIN MARTIN
CHRISTIAN MARTIN
John Dill
Good Units

Saturday 8.6
DAMIAN LAZARUS
Good Units

Saturday 8.27
Verboten & Global Freq. pres.
HOT NATURED: JAMIE JONES & LEE FOSS
"Disasters at Sea" Boat Party

Posted by TaurusNYY on Jul-07-2011 19:07:

damn an 8 hour set Ive been waiting for way too long for one of these - def. need time, energy and etc. for this one.

Pages (97): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 »