TranceAddict Forums

TranceAddict Forums (www.tranceaddict.com/forums)
- USA - West Coast / Las Vegas
-- +Paul van Dyk+ Friday, 5/12/2006 @ Ten15 - San Francisco
Pages (2): [1] 2 »

Posted by CivicRydr on Apr-11-2006 01:43:

+Paul van Dyk+ Friday, 5/12/2006 @ Ten15 - San Francisco

Friday, 5/12/2006 @ Ten15 - San Francisco

The Regz: $35.00 [$40 at the door]
The Kind: $80.00

VIP Package includes
* exclusive access to private rooms w/ the best views in the house
* express entry
* open bar from 9 - 12am
* gourmet fresh sushi served by chef from 9-11pm
* private bar/bathroom/coatcheck
[Last time we did this for $60]

4 hours of non-stop (well hopefully) Paul van Dyk!

---------------------------------------

So I saw the price before I saw the set time. After I knew Paul was playing for 4 hrs, I felt a little better about the cost of the party. With service charges its like $40...which are NYC prices at Roxy/Crobar. Redic. Hmm, I also recall paying $45 in Vegas for 2hrs...fuck.

Paul plays really well at 1015 though, so the shits worth it. I see Paul jumping, clapping, singing, dancing and making silly faces here more than most venues/cities. The sets here have tons of energy, as they would for a big city that packs 1015 like it does. I think 4hrs is just enough for my working ass. I just can't handle the sixes anymore. Anyways, you die-hards should all be here to get down at 1015...you know who you are.

Pic from the Feb gig.

XXXXXXXXX

Posted by DaveT on Apr-11-2006 11:20:

It's unfortunate I'll be in LA that week for work. I'd totally be there taking pics (from the booth)....but I can't

Posted by DizkokidD on Apr-12-2006 04:20:

I'll be there with my iRiver and hopefully noone knocks the mic out of my shirt again!

Posted by diskodave on Apr-12-2006 16:50:

I dont think I would trust Ten15 sushi...

Posted by MR STROKE on Apr-12-2006 19:36:

lets hope they control the crowd this time

Posted by R!CH on Apr-12-2006 21:07:

sushi + open bar... that's gonna end well...!

dave, let me borrow your camera so i can get booth access, i'll be gentle

as much as i wanna go to pvd in sf, man there's just no way i wanna be in that crowd. i couldn't enjoy myself or the music.

Posted by limbelah on Apr-13-2006 06:59:

quote:
Originally posted by lex400sc
as much as i wanna go to pvd in sf, man there's just no way i wanna be in that crowd. i couldn't enjoy myself or the music.

I can barely stand that kinda crowd at RS, but 1015? spare me!!!

* but I really wanna see PvD so bad, even w/ the "unpleasure" experience the last time he was there*

Posted by DizkokidD on Apr-13-2006 21:05:

quote:
Originally posted by limbelah
I can barely stand that kinda crowd at RS, but 1015? spare me!!!

* but I really wanna see PvD so bad, even w/ the "unpleasure" experience the last time he was there*

everytime i go to watch PVD in SF its crowded but i havent had an unpleasant show yet..

Posted by CivicRydr on Apr-14-2006 02:15:

quote:
Originally posted by DizkokidD
everytime i go to watch PVD in SF its crowded but i havent had an unpleasant show yet..

I agree.

Its pretty crowded, but for the most part, people aren't being assholes (although you do run in to the princess/bitch who thinks that shes cute and can push her way to the front...you all know the type I'm talking about).

One thing that makes 1015 so great is the intimacy of the DJ with the crowd. The audience right in Paul's face and I think this really makes it special when compared with a lot of other venues.

Lets hope 1015 keeps the part under control.

Posted by Trancelover24 on Apr-14-2006 05:29:

What the F%&* Tickets are now sold out!!! and VIP is $100

when the hell did they go on sale?

Posted by DaveT on Apr-14-2006 06:05:

Find it hard to imagine it "sold out..." maybe they just put up a low number of tickets for now...bet you they release more tickets at a more expensive price.

Or maybe they are trying to control the number of presales vs. the number of tickets at the door to make the lines go more smoothly.

Posted by CivicRydr on Apr-15-2006 03:19:

Shit...

Sold out in 5 days? Thats redic.

I didn't even by my 4 tix yet, and the price has already gone up. Prices were already bulshit...so now I'm not even sure I'm gonna go anymore.

It really pisses me off that Paul is such a big superstar now and its all about the money.

Posted by CivicRydr on May-10-2006 00:24:

I gots 2 extra tix for this party. PM me if you needs em.

Posted by rizo on May-10-2006 18:43:

I missed the last time when PvD was in town, it's not going to happen again. Is there going to be a meet up or anything? Have yet to meet other TA's

Also CivicRydr are you going to be taking video like in Vegas? I got myself new camera just in case you don't

Posted by xKaoSx on May-10-2006 19:54:

Im up visiting and wondering if this place is going to be packed and worth it or not. Apparently its sold out now? Any updates?

Posted by Trancelover24 on May-10-2006 20:02:

quote:
Originally posted by xKaoSx
Im up visiting and wondering if this place is going to be packed and worth it or not. Apparently its sold out now? Any updates?

tickets are now on sale again on groovetickets $40!

Posted by CivicRydr on May-11-2006 07:42:

quote:
Originally posted by rizen
I missed the last time when PvD was in town, it's not going to happen again. Is there going to be a meet up or anything? Have yet to meet other TA's

Also CivicRydr are you going to be taking video like in Vegas? I got myself new camera just in case you don't

Yeah dude.

Check out the video from the last 1015 gig:

http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/user/dsch...2018.2.2006.zip

or

http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...252635838182729

Posted by ttest81 on May-12-2006 05:04:

I'am definetly going to see/hear PvD tomorrow. I'm actually from germany and it turns out pretty good that he's playing in SF while I'm here.
So who else is all going? Anybody going from the Palo Alto area? Maybe we can share a ride. I don't really wanna drive and I think taking the Caltrain might not be a good idea.

Greets,

ttest

Posted by DizkokidD on May-12-2006 06:23:

unfortunatly as much as i wanted to go, i wont be able to make it.

civicryder.. take some good footage and see if you can somehow get good sound too. Remember hes on for 4 hours go buy extra batteries

Posted by CivicRydr on May-13-2006 01:10:

Got a good report from the DC gig from last night, so I'm pumped now. Let's hope this doesn't disappoint.

Posted by jdjd on May-13-2006 03:37:

Would there be tickets available at the door?

Posted by xKaoSx on May-13-2006 03:41:

anyone going to this and have a ticket? is it sold out? Im fucking bored and at home and want to go do something. HELP
lol
Dont mind driving and picking people up- I have a tahoe.

Posted by bennynihon on May-14-2006 00:40:

So who else was there last night? Anyone know what songs he played, or have a playlist? Thx.

Posted by bennynihon on May-14-2006 18:29:

No one? Anyone post pictures of the event?

Posted by koroma on May-14-2006 20:40:

Be Cool!

Yeah the show when off really well. The crowd was totally into the music, and Iím still envious of the folks that had open bar!!.. I wonder how man drinks can ya suck down with in 5 hours!!

Pages (2): [1] 2 »