TranceAddict Forums

TranceAddict Forums (www.tranceaddict.com/forums)
- USA - New York
-- DEMF 2012!
Pages (23): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »

Posted by Chaska on Feb-15-2012 18:20:

What Time Is Your Flight? - Initial Movement Lineup

Make sure you bookmark the blog, guys! I'll be posting useful info about the festival and the city, especially for the first-timers

Posted by progbeatz on Feb-15-2012 20:13:

pretty sure Christian Smith is gonna get added

Posted by lounger540 on Feb-15-2012 20:31:

Gay

Come on now, Busy P, Mr Ozio, Major Lazer, are they punking us with this?

Even the names I do like, Kraviz, Danny Daze, Tale Of Us and the dozen or so just like them are not what I was really hoping for out of Detroit.

Posted by SebG on Feb-15-2012 20:50:

quote:
Originally posted by lounger540
Gay

Even the names I do like, Kraviz, Danny Daze, Tale Of Us and the dozen or so just like them are not what I was really hoping for out of Detroit.

Major Lazer LOL WUTTT didn't even see that. First year Ezoo, when they went on, 80% of people disappeared from the main stage area.

Posted by Chaska on Feb-15-2012 20:53:

quote:
Originally posted by progbeatz
pretty sure Christian Smith is gonna get added

He will be. At least that's what he said to me when he played at Loreley, with the possibility of a Tronic Treatment party in Detroit

quote:
Gay

This is exactly how I feel. I LOVE Tale of Us, but that sound is totally dominating the festival lineup so far and that is not what Detroit is all about.

Posted by ravracer16 on Feb-15-2012 20:59:

This is my first time going and I was disappointed. I was expecting big names. Luciano, Hawtin, Dubfire, etc. And I know Zabiela played last year. And I was hoping to see his name also.

Either way, I'm pretty sure I will have a blast.

Posted by lounger540 on Feb-15-2012 21:52:

We have a solid group going and I'm sure it will be a fun, sloppy weekend (as long as no one gets stabbed, my true one worry), but I was hoping to hear some of the more legit techno guys who don't come through here much.

Posted by AY STAR on Feb-15-2012 22:06:

quote:
Originally posted by SebG
Major Lazer LOL WUTTT didn't even see that. First year Ezoo, when they went on, 80% of people disappeared from the main stage area.

i remember that, what a waste of a booking

Posted by lounger540 on Feb-15-2012 22:19:

Pon de river, pon de floor.

If there's a shooting @ DEMF it's going to be me towards this stage

Posted by edubbz on Feb-15-2012 22:25:

quote:
We have a solid group going and I'm sure it will be a fun, sloppy weekend (as long as no one gets stabbed, my true one worry), but I was hoping to hear some of the more legit techno guys who don't come through here much.

that's exactly how I feel. As there is a lack of techno in that line-up, there are sooo many peeps going that, regardless, shit will still get popping. I wasn't jumping in my seat as I peeped the phase 1 bc, like you mentioned, I was expecting more techno talent that don't come around that often but even so...I'm not going to front, it's still pretty solid.

Let's just hope that phase 2 will be much more appealing to this threads taste..I'm sure it will be a lot more fulfilling and surprising- at least I'm hoping so. And if it isn't, I'm not going to cry bc that can only mean one thing...they will be at the after-parties which, imo, I'd prefer over a measly 1-2hr set. So there's still hope...

Posted by lounger540 on Feb-15-2012 22:28:

quote:
Originally posted by xpand3r
Some of the names I want to see @ DEMF:
Popof

Just announced he'll be @ Cocoon Miami. I swear there's more techno on South Beach than Detroit

Posted by progbeatz on Feb-16-2012 00:01:

Dont Worry you will get yout Techno Fix with the CLR Showcase! haha

Posted by Chaska on Feb-16-2012 00:55:

quote:
Originally posted by progbeatz
Dont Worry you will get yout Techno Fix with the CLR Showcase! haha

That's hardly enough techno.

Posted by MeLLyMeL on Feb-17-2012 04:04:

quote:
Originally posted by Chaska

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS BULLSHIT?!

W + L? No Regular Play, SLOW HANDS?! ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!!

I'M PISSED!
Lol.

Girl, I know you hate them but I saw W+L vs Soul Clap and Slow Hands do a live set on my bday weekend in Miami.. Honestly - it was FUN. They play happy type of music.

Slow Hands live - rocks. Dj set - I dunno.. but Live he really did rock it.

When is everyone arriving. Would like to meet up to cut the taxi trip in HALF! 50 freaking dollars is CRAY

Posted by lounger540 on Feb-17-2012 04:26:

Miami =/= Detroit

There was a reason I was going to both but they kind of look the same, actually, there's more techno in Miami.

Posted by MeLLyMeL on Feb-17-2012 04:28:

it's 1 day that is announced. Re-freaking-lax

Posted by lounger540 on Feb-17-2012 05:15:

I couldn't be more relaxed but I appreciate your concern. My blood pressure actually tested extremely well recently, especially when you consider my family history of heart disease. My Grandfather died of a heart attack before the ago of 40. It's amazing how little we knew about the basics of diet and cardiovascular health at the same time we were going to the Moon.

Also it is not the first day but the first phase.

Posted by MeLLyMeL on Feb-17-2012 05:18:

Be Cool!

Cool shit. My BP systolic is def 116 but I can't remember my diastolic. Definitely somewhere in the 60's.

And also, it's age not ago.

Posted by Groundhog Boy on Feb-17-2012 05:59:

quote:
Originally posted by MeLLyMeL
it's 1 day that is announced. Re-freaking-lax

It's not the Day 1 lineup, it's the first phase, those people will be spread out all 3 days...which I'm personally fine with. I don't expect to see everyone there anyhow...I'm sure someone will be overlapping with all the slow disco that some don't want to hear. Just like last year I didn't have to go see Skrillex.

Posted by edubbz on Feb-17-2012 06:09:

Eh. Not all that excited for CLR, I'm prob the only one to say this here..but I've seen em enough times already..hopefully Paxahau pulls something out of their techno sleeve to wow us

Posted by Bobby Fist Pump on Feb-17-2012 12:35:

quote:
Originally posted by Groundhog Boy
It's not the Day 1 lineup, it's the first phase, those people will be spread out all 3 days...which I'm personally fine with. I don't expect to see everyone there anyhow...I'm sure someone will be overlapping with all the slow disco that some don't want to hear. Just like last year I didn't have to go see Skrillex.

I hope Skrillex is back too bro!!!

Posted by PoLskA on Feb-17-2012 18:14:

im a house head so i do enjoy all the house acts... haha...

but def was hoping for more techno...

even tho techno originated here... Detroit is def a city of house now...
its a rare occasion that we get some good techno...
i could care less for minimal, repetitive techno... that shit puts me to sleep... i like my techno bangin...

our line ups in the city are house dominated... we have been getting some trance back in the city which i dont mind... its what really got me into the scene along w all the electro in the early/mid 90s...

and the minimal amount of dubshit in phase 1 makes me very happy... haha...

Posted by progbeatz on Feb-18-2012 21:08:

Anyone know of Any Hotels still Available? trying to book this Weekend

Posted by Chaska on Feb-19-2012 02:54:

quote:
Originally posted by MeLLyMeL
Lol.

Girl, I know you hate them but I saw W+L vs Soul Clap and Slow Hands do a live set on my bday weekend in Miami.. Honestly - it was FUN. They play happy type of music.

Slow Hands live - rocks. Dj set - I dunno.. but Live he really did rock it.

When is everyone arriving. Would like to meet up to cut the taxi trip in HALF! 50 freaking dollars is CRAY

Whatever yo. The music fits the surroundings, so I don't think it works in Detroit.

Posted by Chaska on Feb-20-2012 10:37:

5/27 - Droid Behavior/Blank Code party

Pages (23): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »