TranceAddict Forums

TranceAddict Forums (www.tranceaddict.com/forums)
- USA - New York
-- saw the techno storm come- is this the techno drizzle?
Pages (97): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 »

Posted by Neonbeats on Apr-23-2012 03:27:

Call me crazy but I enjoy dance circles as long as they're not shirtless guidos. Fun to watch

Posted by AY STAR on Apr-23-2012 07:07:

quote:
Originally posted by lounger540

Crowd was super gay though. Drunk chicks who think they're hot are the worst with just shoving with their hands. Like, physically throwing out stiff arms, I'm going to start breaking bitches wrists. Got god knows what dumped on me three times. Once from over the balcony. And fucking dance circles. Everywhere. I'd leave on spot for another, a few minutes later some fags would break out in a dance circle. Almost got into a fight over one when they kept banging into my friend. The guy was like "I don't want you to get hurt, we got a circle going on here bro!" IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FUCKING PACKED FLOOR.

def agree with you
the line outside was dumb and very unorganized, the doorman let about 25 random friends of his in before anyone and they had 1 line for everyone

when i got inside the crowd was normal and mature, it was def packed but i knew that going in...once luciano came out it was like the dance of the living dead and all the cracked out zombies and gweedo's crawled outta the speakers
defffff madddd rude girls pushing and not saying nothing. seriously bish you're not all that dont get gassed like everyone has to move out of their way for your benifit

i wont get into detail about what people were going, but i seen about 10 people get kicked out and even some undercover cops showed up and were just standing around, i was just waiting for them to pull the plug on the party but it went on and luciano delivered.
i only saw him at outdoor venue's before so seeing him in a club was new, as i stated earlyer his sound for me belongs outdoors but his last 2 hours was straight up bonkers loved it!!!!
he threw down 2 really good mixes of innercity-good life & blackbox-everybody

overall fun night at d36 minus the douche crowd

Posted by TaurusNYY on Apr-23-2012 11:02:

quote:
Originally posted by Neonbeats
Call me crazy but I enjoy dance circles as long as they're not shirtless guidos. Fun to watch

Crazy.

Posted by edubbz on Apr-23-2012 17:53:

anyone going the following week, fri? can't wait for this.

Posted by Neonbeats on Apr-23-2012 18:59:

Anyone been to Sonar in here? I think edubbz has been. Gonna be in Barcelona 16-20th....so I'll miss a lot from wed-fri. But it looks like a lot goes on sat-mon. Seems very WMC-ish. Do I go to sonar or just the "off" parties? I really wanna do Row14...reminds me of dc10

Posted by edubbz on Apr-23-2012 22:54:

although you might miss out on a lot of stuff during the week, you can still manage to catch good parties on the weekend. since you'll be arriving on sat, i would HIGHLY suggest you attend Sonar at night- you won't be disappointed! and the festival goes well into the morning hrs...i left james holden around 7-8ish and the place was still packed, it was bananas! i never been to ibiza to compare it to the infamous dc10, however, judging from vids it looks quite similar to row14- a venue you MUST hit up!

if you have any questions or concerns, pm me

Posted by Neonbeats on Apr-24-2012 00:14:

quote:
Originally posted by edubbz
although you might miss out on a lot of stuff during the week, you can still manage to catch good parties on the weekend. since you'll be arriving on sat, i would HIGHLY suggest you attend Sonar at night- you won't be disappointed! and the festival goes well into the morning hrs...i left james holden around 7-8ish and the place was still packed, it was bananas! i never been to ibiza to compare it to the infamous dc10, however, judging from vids it looks quite similar to row14- a venue you MUST hit up!

if you have any questions or concerns, pm me

Thanks dude. Where is Sonar held anyway? Is it in a big field like the festivals over here are? Do they have multiple tents? Deadmau5 seems to be headlining Sat night, lol but that could be cool.

I went to Barcelona for 4 days and Ibiza for 7 last year. Love Barcelona. And Ibiza is Ibiza. I've been there 2 times and it's heaven on earth.

Just found the "Off Sonar" FB page and it seems like there are some serious events that week....gonna be a bender of a weekend, yikes.

Posted by trojans14 on Apr-25-2012 04:35:

The Verboten event on 4/20 was good. Gregor Tresher was alright. Paul Ritch was great. And whoever went on after was good at least at the beginning while me and my friend were still there.

D36 on Saturday was meh. I was day drinking all day and only had four hours of sleep. I wanted to take a nap but all my friends just wanted to keep drinking. I wouldn't have went to D36 if i hadn't bought the ticket already. Me and my friends were beat when we got there. We only stayed for an hour of Luciano. The douchey/guido crowd also persuaded me to leave early.

Posted by edubbz on Apr-25-2012 14:46:

quote:
Thanks dude. Where is Sonar held anyway? Is it in a big field like the festivals over here are? Do they have multiple tents? Deadmau5 seems to be headlining Sat night, lol but that could be cool.

I went to Barcelona for 4 days and Ibiza for 7 last year. Love Barcelona. And Ibiza is Ibiza. I've been there 2 times and it's heaven on earth.

Just found the "Off Sonar" FB page and it seems like there are some serious events that week....gonna be a bender of a weekend, yikes.

2 venues, day/night (not far away from each other). Not really in a field, more like a complex center- some indoors, others outdoors. They also had a tent (daytime) where they had all the technical and stuff- my friend got custom made ear-plugs. Both places had really cool stage setups (I don't want to spoil it for you), especially at the night venue.
lol @ Deadmau5...he prob would be at the main stage but that doesn't mean you're stuck with him- I remember waiting for Paul Kalkbrenner and prior to him was Steve Aoki..holy shit my ears were bleeding but to make time pass by I swung by the other stages (all massive) until he came on. Dude, the memory that Paul left imprinted on me gives me the chills just thinking about it- best edm experience, next to my first time with PVD!
I gotta say, I went to Sonar open-minded...I didn't know about 75% of the line-up- at some point, I was regretting it bc I didn't think I would enjoy myself- but shit..about 90% of the acts I saw blew me the fuck away, totally impressed. Def worth every penny. For the first time, I would tell you that you HAVE to get the pass to experience the whole thing but its unfortunate you arrive on the last day- at least you get a taste of what it is.
Hit that up for sure, Sonar Night, and then go straight into Row14, which opens at 6am and closes at 2:30-3ish...the lineup at row14 will give you the energy you need to get through the day, guaranteed lol

Posted by TaurusNYY on Apr-25-2012 16:01:

quote:
Originally posted by edubbz the memory that Paul left imprinted on me gives me the chills just thinking about it- best edm experience,

He seems to have that affect on people

Posted by Neonbeats on Apr-25-2012 16:12:

There are some serious parties in the next few months. Circoloco on the 12th looks amazing with it being a day + night party....the day venue looks awesome. Same day as Lawler tho, fml

Posted by edubbz on Apr-25-2012 17:35:

quote:
There are some serious parties in the next few months. Circoloco on the 12th looks amazing with it being a day + night party....the day venue looks awesome. Same day as Lawler tho, fml

wrote this on another thread:
quote:
In addition, there are the Sonar off-parties which are relatively cheap (10-15 euros), few are even free, with sick line-ups- there are literally like 3-4 parties going on in a day/night (beach, rooftops, etc) for a whole week, which you will have no other choice but to pick out from a hat to make you decide where you should go bc you just wouldn't be able to make that decision on your own..okay, I might be exaggerating, just a bit, but you get my point.

more parties get announced as the date approaches. also, few parties you will have to email the promoter bc it's invite-only- that's what I had to do to see Heidi @ WIP.

note: All this talk is making me wish I was going back to Sonar this yr. FYI, look for the Sonar Offical page on FB..they have a contest going that compliments you, and a guest, with a pass and a 3nt stay. You would just have to provide your airfare.

Posted by SebG on Apr-26-2012 00:11:

We are truly spoiled with the amount of fantastic artists that we've been getting and are getting in the future.

Every weekend there is something great going on.

Posted by Neonbeats on Apr-26-2012 02:12:

quote:
wrote this on another thread:

more parties get announced as the date approaches. also, few parties you will have to email the promoter bc it's invite-only- that's what I had to do to see Heidi @ WIP.

note: All this talk is making me wish I was going back to Sonar this yr. FYI, look for the Sonar Offical page on FB..they have a contest going that compliments you, and a guest, with a pass and a 3nt stay. You would just have to provide your airfare.

Do you know what the "East Ender" events are all about? Looks like a set of open air events outside Sonar? So many events that week, damn

Posted by Skeptic on Apr-26-2012 04:02:

kalkbrenner's tracks are so fucking dope. especially Aaron

Posted by TaurusNYY on Apr-26-2012 13:09:

quote:
Originally posted by SebG
We are truly spoiled with the amount of fantastic artists that we've been getting and are getting in the future.

Every weekend there is something great going on.

Yep Yep

Where peeps rolling this wkend?

All about CLR/Frank for me.

Posted by Chaska on Apr-26-2012 15:53:

Octave for me on fri can't wait, been all over Silent Steps in the past few months.

Going to Jeff Mills on Sat.

Posted by kingchinc on Apr-28-2012 13:54:

anyone going to robot heart?

Posted by Bobby Fist Pump on Apr-28-2012 15:52:

quote:
Originally posted by kingchinc

Nope but from the looks of things bring ear plugs.

Posted by lounger540 on Apr-28-2012 16:12:

quote:
Originally posted by kingchinc

I never heard of these parties before. Am I not cool?
Today will be a day of deep personal searching

Posted by edubbz on Apr-29-2012 15:15:

robot heart is a huge, very popular, stage held at burning man. and by the looks of it (pics from friends on fb posted as recently as about an hr ago) looked like it was pretty sick.

Posted by TaurusNYY on May-02-2012 13:14:

Luigi Madonna @ Old River Park-09-04-2012- Part1 by luigimadonna

Chris Liebing @ Mayday 2012, 30-04-12 by future-past.org

Posted by edubbz on May-02-2012 13:30:

(chants)

i want Matador! i want Matador!

Posted by djnoonstar on May-02-2012 19:59:

Hey guys I need some insight.

After purchasing a few adv tix for Circoloco and Marco Carola, im tryin to get down to some beats this weekend for cheap.

I noticed Pacha is free b4 12 for Boris, im considering checking it out and despite the crowd. ive never seen him. Is he any good, exactly what is his style?

Im listening to his latest podacast now, and he seems to have a nice groove between Deep/Tech House so far.

Posted by TaurusNYY on May-03-2012 15:22:

quote:
Originally posted by djnoonstar
Hey guys I need some insight.

After purchasing a few adv tix for Circoloco and Marco Carola, im tryin to get down to some beats this weekend for cheap.

I noticed Pacha is free b4 12 for Boris, im considering checking it out and despite the crowd. ive never seen him. Is he any good, exactly what is his style?

Im listening to his latest podacast now, and he seems to have a nice groove between Deep/Tech House so far.

I personally find Boris to be more on the tribal side- I say check it. Ive been to his parties at Pacha and everyone there are true Boris fans and they BELIEVE in Boris lol. Ive always had fun and its always the usual hijinks at Pacha. Be prepared for anything and everything.

Pages (97): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 »