TranceAddict Forums

TranceAddict Forums (www.tranceaddict.com/forums)
- Past Events
-- 2010.06.10 Dance.Here.Now > JAMES ZABIELA w/Sleepy & Boo @ Cielo "Life" Tour
Pages (2): [1] 2 »

Posted by sleepy&boo on May-14-2010 03:29:

2010.06.10 Dance.Here.Now > JAMES ZABIELA w/Sleepy & Boo @ Cielo "Life" Tour

Thursday June 10th Ė Dance.Here.Now Presents
JAMES ZABIELA @ Cielo
"Life" Tour 2010

The inimitable JAMES ZABIELA returns to New York to celebrate the release of his stunning new mix compilation "Life."
Boasting a full arsenal of turntable trickery, digital wizardry and sci-fi dancefloor tracks, Jamesí is one of electronic musicís most iconoclastic talents. Basic NYCís Sleepy & Boo warm things up for James. And as an extra bonus, everyone in attendance gets a FREE copy of "Life" on Renaissance.

Featuring:
JAMES ZABIELA (jameszabiela.com)

Along with:
Sleepy & Boo (Basic NYC)

Hosted by:
Anthony Lamont

Where: Cielo (18 Little West 12th St.)
When: 10pm - 4am
Price: email rsvp@basicnyc.com for guest list and VIP table reservations

http://www.basicnyc.com
http://www.danceherenownyc.com
http://www.cieloclub.com
http://www.jameszabiela.com

Posted by Groundhog Boy on May-14-2010 03:34:

Re: 2010.06.10 Dance.Here.Now > JAMES ZABIELA w/Sleepy & Boo @ Cielo "Life" Tour

quote:
Originally posted by sleepy&boo
And as an extra bonus, everyone in attendance gets a FREE copy of "Life" on Renaissance.

Which is quite good, btw.

Posted by DJslantzz on May-14-2010 15:43:

I am not missing Zabs this time around...I'll be there

Posted by Scoops on May-14-2010 16:04:

does Anthony Lamont really need to be there???

Posted by sleepy&boo on May-18-2010 02:52:

Read all about "Life" - the CD that everyone gets for free at Cielo

http://www.beatportal.com/feed/item...iela-interview/

Posted by Groundhog Boy on May-18-2010 02:56:

quote:
Originally posted by sleepy&boo
Read all about "Life" - the CD that everyone gets for free at Cielo

http://www.beatportal.com/feed/item...iela-interview/

I love this
quote:

...the plan to make this one continuous journey (I hate that term)

The 1st disc of his last Renaissance mix is amazing and the 2nd is boring. Glad to see that he basically did 2 discs of the first this time around.

I also loved his comparison to Radiohead's In Rainbows. I spent money on both...

Edit - I meant the last Renaissance comp, not the Life one.

Posted by sleepy&boo on May-24-2010 22:26:

quote:
Originally posted by Groundhog Boy
I love this

The 1st disc of his last Renaissance mix is amazing and the 2nd is boring. Glad to see that he basically did 2 discs of the first this time around.

I also loved his comparison to Radiohead's In Rainbows. I spent money on both...

Edit - I meant the last Renaissance comp, not the Life one.

It's pretty cool that he's giving it away to people. Definitely a way to win over your fans and make some new ones

Posted by sleepy&boo on May-27-2010 16:54:

James Zabiela Essential Mix from April 3rd!

http://hotfile.com/dl/36035836/eea8...010-uC.rar.html

Posted by Scoops on May-27-2010 17:00:

can you guys put a muzzle on Anthony Lamont for the night

Posted by sleepy&boo on Jun-07-2010 18:32:

This is the official Dance.Here.Now four-year anniversary bash! Congrats to Rob and Benny and the whole crew for all the great parties over the years.

Looking forward to celebrating

Posted by DJslantzz on Jun-07-2010 20:00:

Have a gig at Sin Sin, so might have to miss him once again (unless I make it later in the night) hmmmm...

Posted by sweetcaroline on Jun-07-2010 20:35:

quote:
Originally posted by DJslantzz
Have a gig at Sin Sin, so might have to miss him once again (unless I make it later in the night) hmmmm...

I'm planning on stopping by Sin Sin on my way to Cielo. Probably won't get a chance to hear much, but at least I can say hi to you and Ali.

Posted by xpand3r on Jun-08-2010 00:04:

I'm really disappointed that Zabiela always plays on Thursday nights for his past 2 visits to NYC. When will see him at Pacha? I saw him with Nic Faniculli years ago at Pacha (One+One) and it was a great time...

I hope some of you people record some videos for this weeks show...

Posted by kingchinc on Jun-08-2010 03:32:

quote:
Originally posted by Scoops
can you guys put a muzzle on Anthony Lamont for the night

Yes Please!

Posted by jameszabiela on Jun-10-2010 00:45:

Looking forward to tomorrow. Hope to see some of you down there

Jz

Posted by Scoops on Jun-10-2010 00:46:

quote:
Originally posted by jameszabiela
Looking forward to tomorrow. Hope to see some of you down there

Jz

please turn off Lamont's mic

Posted by Groundhog Boy on Jun-10-2010 01:25:

quote:
Originally posted by xpand3r
I'm really disappointed that Zabiela always plays on Thursday nights for his past 2 visits to NYC. When will see him at Pacha? I saw him with Nic Faniculli years ago at Pacha (One+One) and it was a great time...

I could be wrong, but wasn't the last time he was at Cielo June 2009? I'm almost sure he's been at Pacha at least once (if not more) since then.

Personally, I'm elated he's playing Cielo over Pacha. At least now I'll go see him and the crowd will be better.

Posted by Scoops on Jun-10-2010 01:26:

quote:
I'm almost sure he's been at Pacha at least once (if not more) since then.

actually he hasn't

he was supposed to have a residency at Pacha...but the plug got pulled on that too quick

Posted by Groundhog Boy on Jun-10-2010 01:27:

quote:
Originally posted by Scoops
actually he hasn't

he was supposed to have a residency at Pacha...but the plug got pulled on that too quick

So this is the first time he's been to NYC in a year? I find that hard to believe, though it could be true...as I said, I really don't like going to Pacha, so even if he were there, I probably would have skipped it.

Posted by sleepy&boo on Jun-10-2010 03:28:

quote:
So this is the first time he's been to NYC in a year? I find that hard to believe, though it could be true...as I said, I really don't like going to Pacha, so even if he were there, I probably would have skipped it.

He was at Cielo last June, and he played at Irving Plaza in October for the Insiders show during CMJ.

Can't wait for tomorrow!!!

Posted by kingchinc on Jun-10-2010 04:21:

for every dance.here.now party that I have been to, lamont has not once enhanced that party and has only been a distraction

Posted by The Vza on Jun-10-2010 07:12:

yeah ya'll need an MC like me to drop hot adlibs on some "MUZIK, MAGIZ ILLLUUUUSSION" shit. they had be hype the crowd at glow for menno. lol.

anyway, ALL YOU GUYS are ORDERED to GO SEE ZABIELA

Posted by sleepy&boo on Jun-10-2010 17:24:

Itís on tonight!! Donít forget to come early for our opening set and the vodka open bar from 10pm till 11pm!

To get on our list Ė rsvp@basicnyc.com

Posted by sweetcaroline on Jun-10-2010 18:56:

When do you think Zabs will go on and stop? I need to plan my commute to and from Philly accordingly. Normally I don't care, but I have work in the morning.

Hope to be there. I'm still on the fence about whether I could handle this party along with the 800 other social events & dance parties I have this weekend. Sleep is going to be hard to come by for the next few days.

Thanks.

Posted by jameszabiela on Jun-10-2010 21:51:

Yeah, if anyone knows keep me posted too. Ha!

Pages (2): [1] 2 »