TranceAddict Forums

TranceAddict Forums (www.tranceaddict.com/forums)
- USA - New York
-- Paul van Dyk @ Summerstage 2004 (Central Park)
Pages (12): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 »

Posted by xxzambran0xx on Jun-28-2004 01:18:

anyone know the track...

does anyone know the track id on the video MVI 1622???

just realized how good that track sounds...

Posted by BxNemo on Jun-28-2004 01:21:

quote:
Originally posted by Cobra Commander
I Should have skipped Tiesto in in D.C.

lol, sorry but i wouldn't of gone to see tiesto in dc over pvd @ cp if i got a free plane ride, free entrance, free drinks and got a free copy of his cd and he signed it and i got to meet him afterwards. Not after the review i read

Posted by Ray7455 on Jun-28-2004 01:27:

Does anyone know what remix of Voodoo People he played???? Please anyone??? This is driving Greg(flamestrike) and I nuts, ive gone through 7 remixes of it now and still haven't found the one paul played.

Posted by xxzambran0xx on Jun-28-2004 01:30:

Vodoo people

most likely a PVD EDit......paul loves to remix stuff

track does sound amazing...

Posted by Ray7455 on Jun-28-2004 01:30:

yeah thats what I figured, just was hoping it was one I could get my hands on

Posted by DeRangedMind on Jun-28-2004 01:44:

quote:
Originally posted by BxNemo
lol, sorry but i wouldn't of gone to see tiesto in dc over pvd @ cp if i got a free plane ride, free entrance, free drinks and got a free copy of his cd and he signed it and i got to meet him afterwards. Not after the review i read

Yeah I know I always miss the great things going on in other places. But I'm try to live it up this summer. Expect me in the unexpected hahaha

Posted by phoenixBEBE on Jun-28-2004 02:08:

quote:
Originally posted by Busy Child
wow, only until now was i able to really grasp how great of a night you all had!!

yeah man...u should have come!!! -=[ even if it had been JUST for Summerstage that alone was worth it

Posted by ShaolinSteez on Jun-28-2004 03:09:

quote:
Originally posted by Vlad
For those of you that are still looking for the track from the video MVI_0977, the track is:

Spoiled - All I Know (D. Ramirez Old School Remix)

Thank you Vlad!

Posted by LordQuinnTrance on Jun-28-2004 04:47:

I can't find the Spoiled - All I Know (D. Ramirez Old School Remix) track anywhere if anyone know where pm me.

Posted by Metro on Jun-28-2004 11:48:

Yo, reading this thread i guess i must have met some of you ... I was the English guy that showed up with the Groovanauts crew at Briana's ... and then went on to the crazy after-after-after-party at Xander's loft ... if anyone knows Armando (the guy who spun at Xander's) - please pass on my props, i was damn impressed, if he was even half as f*cked up as i was, he did an amazing job holding it together into a very nice set.

Posted by pacha4life on Jun-28-2004 11:55:

quote:
Originally posted by BxNemo

even if tiesto got a great review i still wouldn't see him over PVD IN NYC!!!!!!!!!!! it's the ultimate
it ranks up there i'm sure with parties in birmingham at gatecrasher and all the other parties in the UK that got paul so popular over there

Posted by Enervate on Jun-28-2004 16:33:

no prob... know what mix it was!?=)

quote:
Originally posted by FlaMesTriKe
OMFG U RULE!!! ive been going crazy trying to figure out the name of that song for the past 2 days. ive gone thru soooooo many songs. hoooooray

Posted by Sunshine79 on Jun-28-2004 17:02:

quote:
Originally posted by Metro
Yo, reading this thread i guess i must have met some of you ... I was the English guy that showed up with the Groovanauts crew at Briana's ... and then went on to the crazy after-after-after-party at Xander's loft ... if anyone knows Armando (the guy who spun at Xander's) - please pass on my props, i was damn impressed, if he was even half as f*cked up as i was, he did an amazing job holding it together into a very nice set.

hey babes, this is Brianna, great meeting you! of course we all know Armando, aka DJ CUBANO. he's the shit. definitely blew me away at Xander's also. what a weekend!

xoxo

Posted by Overseas on Jun-28-2004 18:35:

quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine79
hey babes, this is Brianna, great meeting you! of course we all know Armando, aka DJ CUBANO. he's the shit. definitely blew me away at Xander's also. what a weekend!

xoxo

ah, that was the famous DJ Cubano, I had no idea!

Had a blast despite the rain (well I only got the latter 45 mins of the park set due to late arrival). And of course Spirit, closing my eyes there and thinking "this is Twilo" sent shivers down my spine.

Sorry I couldn't hang out more with everyone at Spirit (Jon, so good to see you!). Was great to hang at your place Bri

Posted by CynepMeH on Jun-28-2004 22:19:

Re: Re: Huh?

quote:
Originally posted by Enervate
.. are you on crack?

Actually, I'm beginning to think that I was the only one there that night that wasn't. I figure if I was wacked out on some drugs, the track selection would have probably made sense to me... As long as I stayed close to the speaker (as many there did) .

I've been chasing that PvD "feeling" since his first time in Roxy or last time in Twilo - and yet to recapture it.

I happen to like more melodic, uplifting, epic trance. I like hard trance sprinkled in between to get the heart going faster and bring about next round of "hands in the air" moments - but I guess I'm just sentimental. Hey, if your thing is hard trance - you got your boat load worth of it. I just didn't feel it. Feel free to convince me how that relates to being on crack?

Hey, I'm glad so many had a good time - I guess the rain didn't help my mood either. I would have probably enjoyed it more if it was not raining.

P.S. This is the last time I'm buying tix online for events like this - what a rip off! I paid almost 50 bux for my tix just to realize that they had plenty of tix at the door for $43 (some even cheaper). That's another subject all together. Ok, back to worshiping PvD

Posted by CynepMeH on Jun-28-2004 22:35:

PvD and his iBook

BTw, not to derail the conversation here but one of the things I find a bit annoying is PvD's insistance on using his laptop in his sets. Don't get me wrong - I'm all for banging sound and better quality but at moments I couldn't help but wonder "What if he just has some mix proggy running the whole set?" Ever since he started using it his sets lost a lot of the "personal" touch and became just ... dunno... deprived of emotion and feeling he used to bring to the crowd. If he's going to use it, the least he could do is hide it - its bad enough as it is we're paying $40+ to hear him spin records (not play live) but now with the laptop on the mixing deck I feel cheated.

I dunno.. am I alone in this?

p.s. just a thought - try to keep flames out of this perfectly reasonable discussion.

Posted by Metro on Jun-28-2004 23:13:

Thumbs up

Sunshine79, lol of course i don't know why i didn't guess lol !
Also of course major thanks for having us over to your place. i was just remembering, it was funny as hell when we were all trooping up and down the street looking for Xander's loft in the middle of the day in the bright sunshine - aka Astoria's very own dial-a-party lol.

quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine79

xoxo

Posted by Metro on Jun-28-2004 23:15:

Re: PvD and his iBook

They probably said the same about having dj's spinning records rather than having live bands ...

quote:
Originally posted by CynepMeH
BTw, not to derail the conversation here but one of the things I find a bit annoying is PvD's insistance on using his laptop in his sets. Don't get me wrong - I'm all for banging sound and better quality but at moments I couldn't help but wonder "What if he just has some mix proggy running the whole set?" Ever since he started using it his sets lost a lot of the "personal" touch and became just ... dunno... deprived of emotion and feeling he used to bring to the crowd. If he's going to use it, the least he could do is hide it - its bad enough as it is we're paying $40+ to hear him spin records (not play live) but now with the laptop on the mixing deck I feel cheated.

I dunno.. am I alone in this?

p.s. just a thought - try to keep flames out of this perfectly reasonable discussion.

Posted by akaufma2000 on Jun-29-2004 01:42:

Re: Re: Re: Huh?

quote:
Originally posted by CynepMeH
Actually, I'm beginning to think that I was the only one there that night that wasn't. I figure if I was wacked out on some drugs, the track selection would have probably made sense to me... As long as I stayed close to the speaker (as many there did) .

I've been chasing that PvD "feeling" since his first time in Roxy or last time in Twilo - and yet to recapture it.

I happen to like more melodic, uplifting, epic trance. I like hard trance sprinkled in between to get the heart going faster and bring about next round of "hands in the air" moments - but I guess I'm just sentimental. Hey, if your thing is hard trance - you got your boat load worth of it. I just didn't feel it. Feel free to convince me how that relates to being on crack?

Hey, I'm glad so many had a good time - I guess the rain didn't help my mood either. I would have probably enjoyed it more if it was not raining.

P.S. This is the last time I'm buying tix online for events like this - what a rip off! I paid almost 50 bux for my tix just to realize that they had plenty of tix at the door for $43 (some even cheaper). That's another subject all together. Ok, back to worshiping PvD

I completley agree with you man. I've been chasing that feeling too....
Has uplifting trance gone out of style?

Posted by colibri on Jun-29-2004 02:14:

h a r d

trance provides much more energy passion
and rhythm whereas melodic is more suitable
for driving or relaxing with a significant other
def not for clubbing for instance avb at the
roxy was nearly a disaster due to his relaxed
music selection and rather poor mixing no doubt
pvd's latest approach worked brilliantly and
again has set a better approach some
"epic/uplifting" on friday's weather would have
send majority of the fans back home for some
soup and a towel

Posted by PVD_S11DJ on Jun-29-2004 02:24:

if you cant take the heat, get the hell out of the kitchen!

Posted by Sunshine79 on Jun-29-2004 02:26:

quote:
Originally posted by PVD_S11DJ
if you cant take the heat, get the hell out of the kitchen!

amen brotha!

Posted by PVD_S11DJ on Jun-29-2004 02:28:

the fact that paul doesnt play sets filled with "uplifting trance" is a large part of why he's the best DJ

Posted by vtec junkie on Jun-29-2004 02:29:

WOW!!!!! I cant even explain how insane this weekend was. Sorry it took me so long to write my review but I just got back into Pittsburgh this morning and had to come straight to work!!! Summerstage was the best friggin party so far this year. All you little panzies that are crying about the rain.....you should have stayed HOME!!! What an amazing night!!! I swear if it wasnt for the rain.....it wouldnt have been 1/2 as fun. It just made everything so much more crazy. The rain, the lazers, the beach balls, the music.......FUCKING AWESOME!!!!

Tracks I remembered in no particular order.....

PVD Ft. Second Sun - Crush (Vandit Club Mix)
Oceanlab - Satellite (Alex Oddens flipside vocal mix)
Sander Van Doorn - Punk'd (PVD rework)
Katana - In Silence (Txitarro Remix)
PVD - Thats life (PVD club mix)
Mike Robbins - Are you a Freak (remix??)!!! The bass line on this remix is fucking sick!!!
PVD vs Marco V - For a Revolt
Nick Lunn & YOMC pres. Techno-punk - Energize (PVD edit)

Rachel: I cant even begin to tell you how much fun I had. Im so glad you came and had a blast. Good times ATLANTA.....here we come!!!

Brianna: Babe...you rock!!! Thank you sooo much for everything. It was a blast staying at the Hotel Brianna and parying with you and Patrick. I cant wait to come back!!!

Indy: Your harcore girl....Ill never forget you splashing all the tools at SS with muddy water. BAHAHAHAHAH Thank you so much for picking me up and droping me off at the airport.

Cubie: Man.....I dont know what to say bro.......you are the SHIT!!! I cant believe you stayed up with us the whole time and rocked out like the best of them....and you were SOBER!!! HAHAHA!!! That was an awesome set you put down at the loft bro.....keep up the good work.

Joey: It was great finally getting to party with you for the whole weekend. Thanks so much for driving our asses all over creation. Get your brother to join TA soon!!! He friggin wore that NYTA hat at SS all night hahahaha. Next up: Armin @ CP!!!!!

Erin and Liz: Always a pleasure chilling with you two hotties. Hope you guys had a safe trip back to Baltimore and ill see you guys on friday @ Armin.

Sergio: So glad we finally got to hang out man. Your the man for hooking everybody up with water @ ss and then candy and food @ Brees. We deff had a blast gettin wrecked @ that afterpary!!!

Vlad: Glad we got to hang out again bro....I just wish your punk ass would have came to the afterparty!!!

John and Alisa: Glad you guys came out. And John....you got fucking OWNED by PVD son!!!!

DirtyDave: Your my fucking boy Dave!!! Wish you could have chilled longer @ the loft.....oh yeah, your bitch ass owes me $30

Nik and the rest of ther ATL Ta's: It was great seeing you all come so far to support your love for PVD. I just wish you all would have came out on the floor @ Spirit.

EyesofExtacy: Nice meeting you for the first time....thanks sooo much for taking care of my shirt.

And to all the rest of the TA's I seen there. hope you all had a blast.....flyboy, partyhopper, Lee, Vic, sot, Daniella, SebG, Janette, Citykitty & Serge, HolyCow, Aya Brea, KidNYCE and Drumraver. Alyssa.....where the hell were you hiding all night???

Alright.....time to post some pics

Posted by Aya Brea on Jun-29-2004 02:45:

quote:
Originally posted by vtec junkie
[SIZE=6]

Alright.....time to post some pics

http://behelit.net/centralparkspirit

i was taking pics left and right, and a couple of videos. there are only like two videos from cp because my camera ended up breaking, and i took my fathers to spirit.

had an awesome time, and it was good seeing everyone again, and meeting people for the first time (brian, erin, and leeann<--cutestgirlever). i do think that pvd used to play better sets, but eh, what can you do.

Pages (12): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 »