TranceAddict Forums

TranceAddict Forums (www.tranceaddict.com/forums)
- Chill Out Room
-- The movie recommendations thread, son
Pages (127): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 »

Posted by Omega_Blue on Sep-10-2010 23:36:

quote:
Originally posted by gehzumteufel
To each their own. I see where you are coming from, and I can see how you would prefer a more realistic approach.

fair enough.

quote:
Originally posted by yukii
(IMO) I couldn't stand the movie, RFDream.. it's just too vulgar and tacky..seeing the guy's arm get destroyed and watching the girl become a whore just made me want to stand up and turn the dvd player off. Maybe I'm just a weakling

Recommend me a movie for tonight!

tbh i think the most disturbing part of the movie is the plot with the guy's mom going nuts from amphetamine psychosis/starvation. she played that part extremely well, imo.

Posted by Eager Kid Mono on Sep-10-2010 23:39:

I'm planning on watching Stalker (1979), The Mirror (1975), Andrei Rublev (1966) and Satantango over the next few days. Any suggestions on which one to start with?

Posted by yukii on Sep-10-2010 23:42:

quote:
Originally posted by Omega_Blue
tbh i think the most disturbing part of the movie is the plot with the guy's mom going nuts from amphetamine psychosis/starvation. she played that part extremely well, imo.

how could i forget that!!! god those scenes made me so sad.. and as it got worse, it got all the more disturbing

Posted by LAdazeNYnights on Sep-11-2010 21:19:

quote:

Recommend me a movie for tonight!

what are you in the mood for?

Posted by gehzumteufel on Sep-11-2010 23:38:

quote:
how could i forget that!!! god those scenes made me so sad.. and as it got worse, it got all the more disturbing

The thing is, you find it sad because you are around a culture that makes drugs such a taboo and as a result, treat people that are involved in them, upstanding or not, like shit. As if they are rapists or child molesters.

Posted by Jarvmeister on Sep-12-2010 10:24:

quote:
The thing is, you find it sad because you are around a culture that makes drugs such a taboo and as a result, treat people that are involved in them, upstanding or not, like shit. As if they are rapists or child molesters.

I'm not sure if you're messing around or a complete pecker.

Posted by alcohol2 on Sep-12-2010 10:47:

Please visit to our vebsite

http://hypno-music.org/.

Our website offers feelings which would arise after any strong simulator of mind available in reality. We guarantee the fact, that feeling will precisely copy conditions of happiness, euphoria and orgasm. You can search any place on the web and for sure fail in search of audio stimulators of mind as it is offered here. Perfect examples like “Dark light” or “Angel’s Dream” are not available in any other place! What will you get after the use of our offer? – You will receive the real kef from the fact that you have bought real audio stimulator of mind, and you WILL NOT GET ANY ADDICTION; all of this is completely legal and safe. And rich choice is incomparable with any narcobaron from Columbia – we are more competent in what you need in order to feel taste of life. Do you want incredible pleasure? You’ll get it. Download audio files on our website and you will get universal audio stimulator of mind; “angel’s dust” is just a toy in compare with it.

Posted by FuzzQi on Sep-12-2010 10:50:

Can I come your house

Posted by gehzumteufel on Sep-12-2010 15:48:

quote:
Originally posted by Jarvmeister
I'm not sure if you're messing around or a complete pecker.

???

Posted by Jarvmeister on Sep-12-2010 16:10:

quote:
???

What don't you understand?

EDIT: I've made my mind up. You're a complete pecker.

Posted by gehzumteufel on Sep-12-2010 16:53:

quote:
What don't you understand?

EDIT: I've made my mind up. You're a complete pecker.

lulz because I said how US society is, I get called a pecker. Good job at rationalizing your thoughts.

Here is a great reason you show your ignorance. In the US, a drug dealer gets more time in the clink than does a murderer, rapist, and child molester. Yet, I am apparently a pecker because I said a drug dealer or person who uses drugs is looked upon by society the same way these heinous criminals are. Good job at being a complete and utter moron.

Posted by Jarvmeister on Sep-12-2010 19:07:

quote:
Yet, I am apparently a pecker.........

I agree with this part. The rest of what you say is utter bullshit.

As an example, you can only get put on death row for murder, not drug dealing.

Posted by Nrg2Nfinit on Sep-12-2010 19:19:

quote:

when did he ever mention death row for drug dealing?

Posted by Halcyon+On+On on Sep-12-2010 19:23:

And yet felony drug charges can exasperate an otherwise paltry crime to the point of a life imprisonment. I know somebody like this.

I don't like Requiem because it wallows in its sorrow a bit too much. It's technically a great film, but the content is kind of bland, if you ask me.

Hard drugs are horrendous things to be roped in by- I don't think it's easy to have such a hard opinion on US policies when you've known people who fell into them. Admittedly, the US and many supposed "1st world" countries handle them with typically undue punishment, as addicts need far more help than they do incarceration, but in the game it becomes an invisible line between where addict and trafficker begin and end. There is a completely justified notion to weed out the element (heroin, meth, etc) entirely within society in my opinion, but the methods are obviously neither working nor are they particularly fair. You cannot consider it a matter of 'freedom' when dealing with substances that truly rob people of their free will.

Requiem handles this with all the respect it is due, I believe. It's at times somewhat comical to see people being put through such a gauntlet of horrors, but I don't believe the point was merely that drugs are bad- there's a lot more at play. It's really not the film's fault if most people who see it take it merely as a cautionary tale.

//lol, "weed out the element" heheheheheee

Posted by gehzumteufel on Sep-12-2010 20:36:

quote:

bahaha another great rationalisation of your own idiocy. Get caught with 3lbs of blow and you're put in prison for 30-40 years. Kill a guy once and go to prison for 5-7. Fuck off.

Posted by Jarvmeister on Sep-12-2010 20:47:

quote:
Kill a guy once and go to prison for 5-7.

I know this is bullshit, commit first degree murder and you face the death penalty in some states. You'll never get the death penalty for any type of drug offence in the USA.

Your generalisation that drugs warrant stiffer penalties than murder is ridiculous.

I know it. Everyone else knows it.

Sure, there are some instances where a stiffer penalty will be issued for drug use than a murder, but the fact that the stiffest punishment for drugs is less harsh than the stiffest punishment for murder really does, without any shadow of doubt, prove that murder is considered a more serious crime than drug dealing.

Your go.

Posted by Jarvmeister on Sep-12-2010 20:50:

quote:
Originally posted by Nrg2Nfinit
when did he ever mention death row for drug dealing?

I don't remember saying he did. I believe I was the one who raised that point........

Posted by gehzumteufel on Sep-12-2010 20:57:

quote:
I know this is bullshit, commit first degree murder and you face the death penalty in some states. You'll never get the death penalty for any type of drug offence in the USA.

Your generalisation that drugs warrant stiffer penalties than murder is ridiculous.

I know it. Everyone else knows it.

Sure, there are some instances where a stiffer penalty will be issued for drug use than a murder, but the fact that the stiffest punishment for drugs is less harsh than the stiffest punishment for murder really does, without any shadow of doubt, prove that murder is considered a more serious crime than drug dealing.

Your go.

lulz you are so blinded by your wish to believe I am a pecker, that you are fucking clueless.

Just to illustrate my point:

http://www.amnews.com/stories/2010/08/04/loc.929387.sto

http://mingkok.buddhistdoor.com/en/news/d/13661 <-- this one isn't even in the US!

http://www.thelocal.se/27658/20100707/

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/motiveless-wifemurderer-gets-18-years-20100906-14y00.html <--another not in the US.

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/421935_sister17.html

http://blog.al.com/live/2010/02/mobile_ala_man_gets_split_sent.html

Posted by Nrg2Nfinit on Sep-12-2010 21:05:

quote:
I don't remember saying he did. I believe I was the one who raised that point........

His point is that its almost equitable to murder, and in some cases, receives harsher penalties than murder. That to me sounds pretty outrageous and his point is a fair one to make.

Posted by Jarvmeister on Sep-12-2010 22:12:

quote:
His point is that its almost equitable to murder, and in some cases, receives harsher penalties then murder. That to me sounds pretty outrageous and his point is a fair one to make.

No, his point was that it is considered a more serious crime than murder, and if you read my post I ackowlege that there are occasions when drug offenses will get stiffer penaties than murder.

BUT you cannot argue that first degree murder has a higher maximum penalty than drug dealing.

End of. There is no further argunment about it.

And I love gehzumteufel's desperate attempt to claw back a little dignity by posting a whole host of news stories that miss the point. I don't care if you post a case where a drug dealer got 30 years and a murderer got 10, I will just point you to the argument I have been making all along: because of the max penalty in the USA, murder is considered a more serious crime than drug dealing. It's a fact, you cannot argue it!

TBH I'm done with this now, it's going nowhere. I didn't like your response to Yukii's post, I thought it was uncalled for.

Respond if you like, but do it in the knowledge that I won't reply.

Posted by gehzumteufel on Sep-12-2010 22:17:

quote:
No, his point was that it is considered a more serious crime than murder.

It is not, it doesn't matter what you two post, you cannot argue that first degree murder has a higher maximum penalty than drug dealing.

End of. There is no further argunment about it.

And I love gehzumteufel's desperate attempt to claw back a little dignity by posting a whole host of news stories that miss the point. I don't care if you post a case where a drug dealer got 30 years and a murderer got 10, I will just point you to the argument I have been making all along: because of the max penalty in the USA, murder is considered a more serious crime than drug dealing. It's a fact, you cannot argue it!

TBH I'm done with this now, it's going nowhere. I didn't like your response to Yukii's post, I thought it was uncalled for.

Respond if you like, but do it in the knowledge that I won't reply.

Are you aware that most murderers don't get first degree murder?! Fucking christ on a bike. You profess as if you fucking know what you're talking about and then only go on about how the maximum penalty for first degree murder is higher than most drug related offenses. Is that all you have? Is a fucking text book answer to what some line in the penal code says? For fucks sake go keep hiding under a fucking rock.

Also, you got it wrong. I never said that it was considered a worse crime. Here is the quote from what I said:

quote:

quote:
You need to consider why this film has caused society to presume that drugs will lead to this. The US is a fucking cesspool of idiocy when it comes to the true effects of drugs. I mean shit, we put marijuana dealers (yes, I mean ones that strictly only deal marijuana) in jail for longer than murderers!

Look at the people that are advocating for all drugs and alcohol being banned. They are religious morality idiots.

Now kindly run along.

Posted by Nrg2Nfinit on Sep-12-2010 22:21:

i think it was the religious idiots part that got to him.

Posted by gehzumteufel on Sep-12-2010 22:22:

quote:
i think it was the religious idiots part that got to him.

Dawww poor baby. He can cry me a fucking river for all I care.

Posted by Omega_Blue on Sep-13-2010 08:25:

quote:
Originally posted by pkcRAISTLIN
watched brick on fri night. neo noir but set in a modern day highschool. i thought it was pretty clever and the dialogue was fun. it didn't have spaceships in it though so i can't speak for its overall quality, but definitely hooked me.

watched it just a few minutes ago. i liked it, i like the whole neo-noir thing; but at times i couldn't help but feel that the high school setting and other childish elements of the film made it almost feel like a parody at times. is there any website that you know of that gives an in-depth summary of the film? i didn't totally understand the conclusion of the plot. i mean, i have a pretty solid understanding of it but i felt that overall the film was put together a little sloppily and it admittedly confused me at certain points.

Posted by pkcRAISTLIN on Sep-13-2010 09:12:

quote:
Originally posted by Omega_Blue
watched it just a few minutes ago. i liked it, i like the whole neo-noir thing; but at times i couldn't help but feel that the high school setting and other childish elements of the film made it almost feel like a parody at times. is there any website that you know of that gives an in-depth summary of the film? i didn't totally understand the conclusion of the plot. i mean, i have a pretty solid understanding of it but i felt that overall the film was put together a little sloppily and it admittedly confused me at certain points.

i dunno, wiki maybe. it was pretty straight-forward, if like me, you rewound dialogue you didn't get the first time. but i like films like that

im no movie critic but i thought the parody bits (the high school archetypes in detective story) were part of the movie's charm. ie i thought the scene with the mum was great

Pages (127): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 »