TranceAddict Forums

TranceAddict Forums (www.tranceaddict.com/forums)
- USA - New York
-- Armin Van Buuren Roll Call ~ Glow - DC (07-03-04)
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »

Posted by vtec junkie on Jun-15-2004 20:16:

Does anybody know Armins number??? I wanna call him and tell him to bring Airwave - Mysteries of Life!!!!!!!

Posted by BigManwithaPlan on Jun-15-2004 20:27:

This Be AddictedTo1982

You really going to see Carl Cox and Danny T. I am down with this all the way.

Posted by vtec junkie on Jun-15-2004 20:29:

Re: This Be AddictedTo1982

quote:
Originally posted by BigManwithaPlan
You really going to see Carl Cox and Danny T. I am down with this all the way.

Cool now we just need to steal somebodys car.......Hummmmmm let me think there......JOSY!!!!

Posted by Greedy on Jun-15-2004 20:29:

dude ive been plannin carl cox and danny T for MONTHS now. hehehe. Hotel partaayy anyone?

Posted by BigManwithaPlan on Jun-15-2004 20:30:

Re: Re: This Be AddictedTo1982

quote:
Originally posted by vtec junkie
Cool now we just need to steal somebodys car.......Hummmmmm let me think there......JOSY!!!!

****** we are taking my car bitcha

Posted by vtec junkie on Jun-15-2004 20:32:

Re: Re: Re: This Be AddictedTo1982

quote:
Originally posted by BigManwithaPlan
****** we are taking my car bitcha

Dude is that thing running good enough??? I know you guys were having problems with it

Posted by BigManwithaPlan on Jun-15-2004 20:33:

Re: Re: Re: Re: This Be AddictedTo1982

quote:
Originally posted by vtec junkie
Dude is that thing running good enough??? I know you guys were having problems with it

Just the battery I think, I hit youup on Aim later gotta go to work now

Posted by Greedy on Jun-15-2004 20:33:

Posted by vtec junkie on Jun-15-2004 20:34:

quote:
Originally posted by Busy Child
dude ive been plannin carl cox and danny T for MONTHS now. hehehe. Hotel partaayy anyone?

Give us a ride in the Teg bro.....vtec all the way!!!!

Posted by Greedy on Jun-15-2004 21:34:

im rollin up wif 2 chicks :/

you know how the back seats are. . . . hahah but worse comes to worse, i can squeeze someone for a full car.

Posted by vtec junkie on Jun-16-2004 22:57:

quote:
Originally posted by Busy Child
im rollin up wif 2 chicks :/

you know how the back seats are. . . . hahah but worse comes to worse, i can squeeze someone for a full car.

Posted by akaufma2000 on Jun-17-2004 01:30:

here's all the info http://www.groovetickets.com/orders...ama+Productions

$15! What a deal! Delaware to DC here I come!

Posted by vtec junkie on Jun-17-2004 01:55:

$15 for 4 hours of ARMIN!!!! Can't beat that!!! Well yes you can....you could get in for free.

Posted by limin_li on Jun-17-2004 03:09:

Brian, don't forget about your digital camera. I am sure to take pics while armin is in action.

Posted by vtec junkie on Jun-17-2004 03:56:

My digi will be there in full effect.

Posted by WanderingSteve on Jun-28-2004 10:57:

Just a few days 'till Armin! ^_^

I'll be driving down by myself, but that's never stopped me before.

Maybe I'll wear my Armind shirt again...

Posted by Mr Game+Watch on Jun-28-2004 14:54:

I had my girlfriend order my tickets last Saturday, to be picked up at the show... The 2 of us have been planning to go down to DC for the holiday, so we made all the hotel arrangements and have our set of plans (eat at some various restaurants recommended to me by a coworker who used to live in the area, see the museums and the monuments, go to the zoo, etc). This is the first time going to DC for the both of us (I drove past it on the way to Florida with my parents some 10 years ago...) I asked around about events going on, and tranceyes mentioned to me about Armin, so I was totally down for it, I LOVED him in Toronto in April 2003.

Now, I'm wondering... what to expect from the new Glow? I don't know much about it, being from the NYC area and all. Can the NYC people who have been there give me something to compare it to (Avalon, Roxy, Arc)... What's the crowd like? Pretty laid back or a bunch of assholes? How's teh venue, is it fancy and overly pretentious? Small or large? Lots of dancing room? Is it 400 degrees with no ventilation like Avalon NYC :P Good view of the DJ? The dress code doesn't seem too pretentious (except I don't know how they define "baggy"), one of my biggest problems with Avalon was their arcane dress code.

Also, what would be the best way to get there? Take a car or the Metro? I'm gonna be staying at a hotel in Arlington (Quality Hotels, Arlington), supposedly it's 2 blocks from a Metro stop. But I also hear that DC isn't exactly the safest city, especially compared to NYC, and Glow isn't in the best of areas.

Thanks in advance to anybody who answers some of my questions.

Posted by trancEyes22 on Jun-28-2004 15:56:

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Game+Watch
I had my girlfriend order my tickets last Saturday, to be picked up at the show... The 2 of us have been planning to go down to DC for the holiday, so we made all the hotel arrangements and have our set of plans (eat at some various restaurants recommended to me by a coworker who used to live in the area, see the museums and the monuments, go to the zoo, etc). This is the first time going to DC for the both of us (I drove past it on the way to Florida with my parents some 10 years ago...) I asked around about events going on, and tranceyes mentioned to me about Armin, so I was totally down for it, I LOVED him in Toronto in April 2003.

Now, I'm wondering... what to expect from the new Glow? I don't know much about it, being from the NYC area and all. Can the NYC people who have been there give me something to compare it to (Avalon, Roxy, Arc)... What's the crowd like? Pretty laid back or a bunch of assholes? How's teh venue, is it fancy and overly pretentious? Small or large? Lots of dancing room? Is it 400 degrees with no ventilation like Avalon NYC :P Good view of the DJ? The dress code doesn't seem too pretentious (except I don't know how they define "baggy"), one of my biggest problems with Avalon was their arcane dress code.

Also, what would be the best way to get there? Take a car or the Metro? I'm gonna be staying at a hotel in Arlington (Quality Hotels, Arlington), supposedly it's 2 blocks from a Metro stop. But I also hear that DC isn't exactly the safest city, especially compared to NYC, and Glow isn't in the best of areas.

well...unfortunately the new club, Fur, where Glow is now supposed to be held won't be open till August. it will be held at this club called DREAM, on the 4th floor called The Loft. i have never been to dream, hear its pretty shitty with pretentious losers...but the loft apparently isnt so bad. the reason why they are holding it here is because Fur isnt done yet and they wanted to keep armin in DC. so glow is technically throwing the party, but dream is a seperate establishment. more info go to www.clubglow.com and it will give you directions to the club.

i would take metro but i'm not sure what stop is by Dream. i'll try to figure out what stop is closest...

Posted by limin_li on Jun-28-2004 17:45:

5 more days........

Brian, I hear there is afterparty going on? Can you give any info on that. Is this a TA party?

Posted by Greedy on Jun-28-2004 17:49:

anyone flyin in better let it be known now.

Posted by limin_li on Jun-28-2004 18:13:

Just ordered my ticket.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by kenn014 on Jun-28-2004 18:14:

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Game+Watch

Check out this link for metro details... here

Posted by DeRangedMind on Jun-28-2004 19:31:

Well around Dream its really not bad area. Parking around there is not so bad either. Plus theres sometime 2 cops car around the clubs. Oh Metro closes around 3am I think

Posted by kenn014 on Jun-28-2004 20:54:

quote:
Originally posted by Cobra Commander
Well around Dream its really not bad area. Parking around there is not so bad either. Plus theres sometime 2 cops car around the clubs. Oh Metro closes around 3am I think

true.. but reopens at 5ish.

Posted by limin_li on Jun-29-2004 02:44:

Limin +2 Guest.

WAHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »