TranceAddict Forums

TranceAddict Forums (www.tranceaddict.com/forums)
- USA - New York
-- Happy Groundhog Day!

Posted by barosoap on Feb-02-2006 14:47:

Happy Groundhog Day!

Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow, so be prepared for another 6 weeks of winter!

Posted by ride^snowboards on Feb-02-2006 14:50:

Re: Happy Groundhog Day!

quote:
Originally posted by barosoap

sure don't seem like it...

Posted by Groundhog Boy on Feb-02-2006 16:21:

They did say "mild winter"

Posted by hitokiri on Feb-02-2006 16:29:

quote:
Originally posted by Groundhog Boy
take it from the one who knows... im goin with his accessment

Posted by InterMilan31 on Feb-02-2006 16:34:

Remind me what winter is again

Posted by Miss Bliss on Feb-02-2006 16:40:

quote:

Happy your day!!!

Posted by trancEyes22 on Feb-02-2006 16:42:

that little focker!

Posted by trunks1022 on Feb-02-2006 17:15:

good, more trips to hit up some mountains hopefully

Posted by RoBDaWG on Feb-02-2006 18:34:

Okay here's a question for you all... What the hell does Puxatawyn (sp?) Phil do the rest of the year? Like where do they keep him, and what are his hobbies? I'd like to make an animated film about him where he's this depressed washed-up alcoholic groundhog who's tired of the fame, money, and spotlight and just wants to live a normal life. Or maybe he'll have a gambling problem, I dunno lol... I'm babbling as usual.

Posted by Groundhog Boy on Feb-02-2006 19:06:

quote:
Originally posted by RoBDaWG
Okay here's a question for you all... What the hell does Puxatawyn (sp?) Phil do the rest of the year? Like where do they keep him, and what are his hobbies? I'd like to make an animated film about him where he's this depressed washed-up alcoholic groundhog who's tired of the fame, money, and spotlight and just wants to live a normal life. Or maybe he'll have a gambling problem, I dunno lol... I'm babbling as usual.

He lives in the Punxsutawney Libary with his wife and kid, sitting around getting fat. They were all curled up sleeping together over Christmas when I took Christina to see him.

View from the ceiling inside, the sleeping area is next to (right) those feeding pans and is shown below.

P.S. I wish I got the day off like we used to in high school. I think it was when I was in junior high that they just cancelled school because too many kids were showing up to school wasted or not at all because they'd been up all night partying at Gobbler's Knob (the place where Phil makes his prediction)

Posted by InterMilan31 on Feb-02-2006 19:14:

im always @ these people who actually go out and see this...doesnt the mayor like talk to the groundhog if its for kids why arent they in school

Posted by Groundhog Boy on Feb-02-2006 19:19:

quote:
Originally posted by InterMilan31
im always @ these people who actually go out and see this...doesnt the mayor like talk to the groundhog if its for kids why arent they in school

It's not for kids. Actually, the majority of the people there are adults. People go up there as early as like midnight-2AM and he comes out at 7:15. We have a pep assembly at school and all of the foreign exchange students from a bunch of different school districts in western PA get hosted by kids from my high school for a few days so that they can go. It's really rather silly, but it caught on and it's the only thing that the town has going for it.

It used to be a big party where everyone got wasted, but they've pretty much eliminated the ability to take alcohol up there because you have to take a shuttle bus from downtown to the area rather than drive there like you could a few years ago. They pretty much ruined all the fun when they did that like 8 years ago.

Posted by InterMilan31 on Feb-02-2006 19:23:

quote:
It's not for kids. Actually, the majority of the people there are adults. People go up there as early as like midnight-2AM and he comes out at 7:15. We have a pep assembly at school and all of the foreign exchange students from a bunch of different school districts in western PA get hosted by kids from my high school for a few days so that they can go. It's really rather silly, but it caught on and it's the only thing that the town has going for it.

It used to be a big party where everyone got wasted, but they've pretty much eliminated the ability to take alcohol up there because you have to take a shuttle bus from downtown to the area rather than drive there like you could a few years ago. They pretty much ruined all the fun when they did that like 8 years ago.

I couldnt enjoy it unless i was drunk or something it seems ridiculous

Posted by Groundhog Boy on Feb-02-2006 19:26:

quote:
Originally posted by InterMilan31
I couldnt enjoy it unless i was drunk or something it seems ridiculous

+1, which is why I don't go. I was going to take friends in college, but then they started cracking down on all the fun stuff, so I never bothered. It just wasn't worth a 4 hour drive to stand out in the cold and see him come out.

Posted by Vlad on Feb-02-2006 20:34:

Hold on a second... we had a winter?

Posted by verndogs on Feb-02-2006 20:58:

quote:
Originally posted by RoBDaWG

How did you end up misspelling Punxsutawney when it was spelled correctly on the initial post of the thread?

quote:
Originally posted by barosoap

Posted by yankeeBaby on Feb-02-2006 22:52:

quote:
Originally posted by Vlad
Hold on a second... we had a winter?

LMAO

And I thought that is the groundhog saw his shadow (hence the sun being out) that spring was coming sooner? I dunno. LOL