TranceAddict Forums

TranceAddict Forums (www.tranceaddict.com/forums)
- USA - New York
-- Paul van Dyk @ Summerstage 2004 (Central Park)
Pages (12): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 »

Posted by BxNemo on Jun-29-2004 02:48:

Yeah i was there too all friday after CP & Spirit then till like 3 on saturday.
Right now though i gotta send out all the shout outs to EVERYONE that i spoke with @ Bri's house.

First person Bri: Finally got to know the real brianna not the 2 minute one that i say hi to, smile ask her how she's been and then that's it. I see now more then ever how fucking great of a person you are and love that about you so so so much bri.

Pat : Dunno if you read TA but if you don't bri might forward the message to you. You're a damn cool fucking guy, everytime i saw you at a party i never spoke to you and when i finally did i kinda got the vibe that we wouldn't get along and damn was i wrong man. Can't wait to hang out with you again.

Brian : ... man oh man, i wanted to go back to bri's on saturday night just to get fucked up with you and grove to Lostep - Burma like we did when we were fucked up, i look back on that moment when we were sitting on the edge of bri's bed just groovin to it, also when you got up to dance to it... dunno but the flow you had with the track was just awesome man. I'm glad i met you at SS and not @ the roxy for armin.

Rach : I thought that me and you wouldn't get along at all... dunno why and i felt like a dick when we did. Gotta say thanks for making me feel... dunno... like you've known me for years because it seemed that way. Can't wait to see you and brian next time you come down, and thanks SOOOO much for the massage when i was totally fucked up on... something... that and the music just put me on a whole other world

Adam : Damn man, i spent alot of time with you and even though we were still a bit messed up while we did laundry i still found that fun something about getting a group of peoples clothing and shoes + sneakers and tossing em into dryers and taking em out 30 minutes later seems funny to me, ur an awesome fucking dood and i'd be honord to join you in a foxhole any day

Armando : I wish we would smoked a blunt together... woulda prolly gave us something to talk about. Take me up on that next time? I was also diggin the set @ Zanders but i kept passing out after being awake like 26 hours.

Joey : We should get wasted together and blow some shit up... i'd enjoy that and i think you would too, can't wait to see you again man.
Indy : Thanks for givin me the big hug and gettin getting me back to earth when i fell into the light show, and thanks for the ride to spirit.

If you bri or pat can relay this message to matt and madalyn for me.
Matt : You're a cool guy man, thanks for giving me the O.K. on dancing with your girl even though i didn't take it.
Madalyn : I will remember ALL the people that i met but you... imma remember you because of what you did after we got out of spirit, those were the quickest 8 dollars i've seen ANYONE make, hope we all get to chill again. and i REALLY wish that we woulda taken that picture but hey, it's all in our memorys.
To those people that i met for a couple of minutes at summer stage...
Tranceeyes and your friend or relative i dunno.... ur both way hot

Hope next time that we meet again we'll talk for a bit.
Albert : Thanks for watchin over me man, sorry if what i did upset you in any way, say hi to ur sis for me.
Chris : gotta thank you for also watchin over me and givin me ID's to the hard fuckin tracks.
Lee : .... where the hell did you go?
Leesh leesh : Thank you for rubbin my back and helping the pill hit me even harder. Thanks for takin care of me for the time that you could.
John : i was happy that we fixed things the way we did because to me it was the perfect time and way to just get the bullshit outta the way.
Daniela : where'd you go? saw you for like an hour and then poof.

(i believe it was liz) : Sorry that i forgot ur name but me and you didn't talk for a long time. What i do remember is that i gave you one of the god damn balls.
And that's about it i believe. Please bitch at me if i did forget you.
6/25/04 is a day i take with me to the grave.

Posted by Miss Bliss on Jun-29-2004 02:51:

quote:
Originally posted by vtec junkie
John and Alisa: Glad you guys came out. And John....you got fucking OWNED by PVD son!!!!

man i was trying to get him to yell "PVD! PVD!" when everyone was chanting it, but no matter how fucked up he gets... i don't think he'll ever say it!! goddamnit!!

Posted by vtec junkie on Jun-29-2004 02:59:

quote:
Originally posted by Miss Bliss
man i was trying to get him to yell "PVD! PVD!" when everyone was chanting it, but no matter how fucked up he gets... i don't think he'll ever say it!! goddamnit!!

Thats ok......deep down inside.....he was saying it.

Posted by BxNemo on Jun-29-2004 03:02:

john loves him subconciously

Posted by SebG on Jun-29-2004 04:28:

I seriouly miss this. It was so aweosome to be there, meet everybody and dance my ass off. I was so happy @ SS

Posted by SebG on Jun-29-2004 04:31:

Where are the pics and the vids that people were taking from the stage?

...press people

Posted by Sirocco on Jun-29-2004 04:50:

im hoping it rains during armin actually lol

i just will come prepared with zip lock bags this time and dont have to worry ;p

Posted by DR86 on Jun-29-2004 04:51:

quote:
Originally posted by Sirocco
im hoping it rains during armin actually lol

i just will come prepared with zip lock bags this time and dont have to worry ;p

fuck armin, I'M GOING TO BE IN ARUUUUUUUUUBAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!

Posted by PvDoBseSSioN on Jun-29-2004 05:21:

damn too bad i wont b here for it o well its ok cause il lb seein him on da 7th in ibiza!!!

Posted by squirrelly on Jun-29-2004 05:30:

Too much review, not enough pictars!

Posted by djozzman1 on Jun-29-2004 05:32:

Kill this thread already, the event is over...you had fun it was great cool...no need to extend it to 95 pages for no reason

Posted by Sirocco on Jun-29-2004 05:33:

quote:
Originally posted by djozzman1
Kill this thread already, the event is over...you had fun it was great cool...no need to extend it to 95 pages for no reason

you jsut charge into thsi forums and reply ot every thread with negativity and start new ones. whats with that man?

Posted by PvDoBseSSioN on Jun-29-2004 05:38:

quote:
you jsut charge into thsi forums and reply ot every thread with negativity and start new ones. whats with that man?

just ignore it man its da best way to shut him up

Posted by djozzman1 on Jun-29-2004 05:38:

quote:

cuz i feel like it, im jealous because im not a true NYTA

Posted by Sirocco on Jun-29-2004 05:55:

quote:
Originally posted by djozzman1
cuz i feel like it, im jealous because im not a true NYTA

Posted by djozzman1 on Jun-29-2004 06:01:

quote:

lol whats with the infatuation of arnold for...the governator

Posted by pacha4life on Jun-29-2004 12:34:

Re: PvD and his iBook

quote:
Originally posted by CynepMeH
BTw, not to derail the conversation here but one of the things I find a bit annoying is PvD's insistance on using his laptop in his sets. Don't get me wrong - I'm all for banging sound and better quality but at moments I couldn't help but wonder "What if he just has some mix proggy running the whole set?" Ever since he started using it his sets lost a lot of the "personal" touch and became just ... dunno... deprived of emotion and feeling he used to bring to the crowd. If he's going to use it, the least he could do is hide it - its bad enough as it is we're paying $40+ to hear him spin records (not play live) but now with the laptop on the mixing deck I feel cheated.

I dunno.. am I alone in this?

p.s. just a thought - try to keep flames out of this perfectly reasonable discussion.

hey he def didn't play uplifting trance...but every time i've seen him spin in nyc..he hasn't i think that's his style in nyc...just bangin hard trance getting the dance floor moving...i'm sure you'll have plenty of epic melodic trance at armin on august 12th ...as far as his laptop it dones't bother me because he's evolving with technology without cheating us.

Posted by Cobraken on Jun-29-2004 12:43:

Thumbs up

All I can say is BAD ASS, both shows were THA SHIT, Thanks for the good times Paul!

Posted by pacha4life on Jun-29-2004 12:44:

quote:
Originally posted by PvDOBseSSioN
damn too bad i wont b here for it o well its ok cause il lb seein him on da 7th in ibiza!!!

nice sig

Posted by DJ Mikey Mike on Jun-29-2004 12:44:

Re: Re: PvD and his iBook

quote:
Originally posted by pacha4life
hey he def didn't play uplifting trance...but every time i've seen him spin in nyc..he hasn't i think that's his style in nyc...

Actually it is the complete opposite. He plays far less hard stuff in NYC than most places.

Posted by pacha4life on Jun-29-2004 12:45:

Re: Re: Re: PvD and his iBook

quote:
Originally posted by DJ Mikey Mike
Actually it is the complete opposite. He plays far less hard stuff in NYC than most places.

not when i've experienced it 3 times at roxy 1 twilo 1 spriti 1 central park...and then in atlanta, miami, cream amneisa

Posted by Cobraken on Jun-29-2004 12:47:

Hey who cares it was great times, did you see paul give me a high five at spirit?

Posted by Enervate on Jun-29-2004 13:01:

Re: Re: Re: Huh?

i completely disagree.. i think for the first time in a looong time, his CP show had a great progression of tracks that made perfect sense, he would tease a song, and come back to it later, he threw 'ferry corsten - its time' as his soft blend track, personally.. i was blown away by the set.

quote:
Originally posted by CynepMeH
Actually, I'm beginning to think that I was the only one there that night that wasn't. I figure if I was wacked out on some drugs, the track selection would have probably made sense to me... As long as I stayed close to the speaker (as many there did) .

I've been chasing that PvD "feeling" since his first time in Roxy or last time in Twilo - and yet to recapture it.

I happen to like more melodic, uplifting, epic trance. I like hard trance sprinkled in between to get the heart going faster and bring about next round of "hands in the air" moments - but I guess I'm just sentimental. Hey, if your thing is hard trance - you got your boat load worth of it. I just didn't feel it. Feel free to convince me how that relates to being on crack?

Hey, I'm glad so many had a good time - I guess the rain didn't help my mood either. I would have probably enjoyed it more if it was not raining.

P.S. This is the last time I'm buying tix online for events like this - what a rip off! I paid almost 50 bux for my tix just to realize that they had plenty of tix at the door for $43 (some even cheaper). That's another subject all together. Ok, back to worshiping PvD

Posted by vtec junkie on Jun-29-2004 14:47:

NEW YORK.....NEW YORK.....NEW YORK.....NEW YORK.....NEW YORK.....NEW YORK..... ITS THE HOTTEST RECORDS IN NEW YORK!!!!!!! (vids coming soon )

Posted by INDY on Jun-29-2004 14:52:

quote:
Originally posted by vtec junkie
NEW YORK.....NEW YORK.....NEW YORK.....NEW YORK.....NEW YORK.....NEW YORK..... ITS THE HOTTEST RECORDS IN NEW YORK!!!!!!! (vids coming soon )

brian you FUCKIN WHORE, PIECE OF SHIT!!!! SEND ME THOSE VIDS NOW!!!

Pages (12): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 »