TranceAddict Forums

TranceAddict Forums (www.tranceaddict.com/forums)
- Production Studio
-- WIP thread (Banned Users: DJRYAN)
Pages (262): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 »


Posted by Deillon on Oct-09-2013 19:27:

quote:
Originally posted by tehlord
I want to make more trance so I can be on ASOT like everybody else I know.

Your ambient stuff will get you further I think. Have you tried that path already? Or was this all a joke.


Posted by tehlord on Oct-09-2013 19:31:

quote:
Originally posted by Deillon
Your ambient stuff will get you further I think. Have you tried that path already? Or was this all a joke.


I'm honestly not trying to get anywhere with the music, it's like a calling card for other stuff I do. I have no desire whatsoever to release tracks again, although if something was good enough I might just for the promo.

I do want to make trance tracks again though, just because I dig it.


Posted by MSZ on Oct-10-2013 13:49:

quote:
Originally posted by Trancelover03591
I made a bootleg mix of Cage The Elephant - Come A Little Closer. Spent about 16 hours (over 3 days) on this one and picked out the notes by ear. Just want to make something sort of trousey and energetic that hopefully has an wide potential audience.



The mix/soundchoices irk me, its quite thin, dull and undefined but the song is pretty cool I guess.


Posted by Vancouver on Oct-11-2013 07:09:

here is a new one I have been working on for awhile. a little different than the stuff I hear on here usually, what do you guys think?




Posted by meriter on Oct-11-2013 10:22:

i think its cool as shit


Posted by tehlord on Oct-11-2013 15:06:

quote:
Originally posted by Vancouver
here is a new one I have been working on for awhile. a little different than the stuff I hear on here usually, what do you guys think?






I'm diggin that. It reminds me of a 90s action/game tie in movie soundtrack, which given the name and imagery you've used may well be the whole point


Yet another tedious Massive demo from me, this time the 'full track' demo. I got myself up to the break, but there's obviously a lot of transition/fx and a little EQ tidy up to go still.


Posted by Juan Paulino on Oct-11-2013 15:14:

Thumbs up

quote:
Originally posted by tehlord


I'm diggin this, killer!


Posted by Viber on Oct-11-2013 16:41:

quote:
Originally posted by tehlord


Fucking hell! that's a good fvcking track! i'm gonna download this and play it on loop while taking ice cold showers!

But seriously i really dig your sound, everything is so clean even when it's raw, i wish you did a mixing masterclass once.


Posted by jf2010 on Oct-11-2013 22:36:

quote:
Originally posted by tehlord

Yet another tedious Massive demo from me, this time the 'full track' demo. I got myself up to the break, but there's obviously a lot of transition/fx and a little EQ tidy up to go still.



Cool track .. not a fan of the square bassline from the start other than that nice sounds & lovely mix. Would love to hear a big melody next ..


Posted by Vancouver on Oct-11-2013 22:38:

[/QUOTE]

sounds great to me. the break is nice. I would like to hear the rest when you finish


Posted by jf2010 on Oct-11-2013 22:57:

just started this still pretty rough , not fixed on arrangement and stuff yet .. what do ye think?


Posted by MSZ on Oct-12-2013 06:22:

Is this stereo field fucked up?



I have since done some monoing of the low end, not yet updated.


Posted by tehlord on Oct-12-2013 13:23:

quote:
Originally posted by jf2010
just started this still pretty rough , not fixed on arrangement and stuff yet .. what do ye think?




Lots to like in there and that bass is monstrous on my K701's.

I have a feeling you might be pushing it a bit too hard with the mastering, or perhaps there's a little too much Ozone exciter on there or something as the highs are getting smashed in the main section.

I reckon you should definitely persist with the track though as it's huge


Posted by jf2010 on Oct-12-2013 15:12:

quote:
Originally posted by tehlord
Lots to like in there and that bass is monstrous on my K701's.

I have a feeling you might be pushing it a bit too hard with the mastering, or perhaps there's a little too much Ozone exciter on there or something as the highs are getting smashed in the main section.

I reckon you should definitely persist with the track though as it's huge



Glad you like man

Yeah prob am pushing too hard, its just an L2 i have on the master, will take it back a bit ..

Have the main lead taking up a lot of space too so might bring that down a bit. cheers


Posted by Trancelover03591 on Oct-12-2013 17:31:

quote:
Originally posted by tehlord
I'm diggin that. It reminds me of a 90s action/game tie in movie soundtrack, which given the name and imagery you've used may well be the whole point


Yet another tedious Massive demo from me, this time the 'full track' demo. I got myself up to the break, but there's obviously a lot of transition/fx and a little EQ tidy up to go still.



It has a very nice soundscape. Starts out sounding like standard uplifting trance maybe even a little dated in terms of style but I have to say as it neared the end and the melodic element started coming in, I was ready to listen to the whole track and was disappointed it wasn't finished.


Posted by Juan Paulino on Oct-12-2013 18:15:

Love Poundin' Sensation

quote:
Originally posted by jf2010
just started this still pretty rough , not fixed on arrangement and stuff yet .. what do ye think?



Rock on man!


Posted by Trancelover03591 on Oct-12-2013 19:03:

quote:
Originally posted by Vancouver
here is a new one I have been working on for awhile. a little different than the stuff I hear on here usually, what do you guys think?





Original stuff. I think my main criticism is the lead that starts filtering in at about 30 seconds. I don't know if it is the reverb, the notes it is playing, the actual sound choice, or if it gets repetitive as the song goes on, or a combination, but that part is what I would look at again.


Posted by jf2010 on Oct-12-2013 19:48:

quote:
Originally posted by Juan Paulino
Rock on man!


Cheers man


Posted by TranceElevation on Oct-12-2013 20:34:

quote:
Originally posted by MSZ
Is this stereo field fucked up?



I have since done some monoing of the low end, not yet updated.


My left ear enjoyed that.


Posted by Trancelover03591 on Oct-12-2013 20:47:

quote:
Originally posted by MSZ
Is this stereo field fucked up?



I have since done some monoing of the low end, not yet updated.


I am not the best judge of stereo/mono stuff, but the stereo field seems a bit artificially increased on this too me. However, I don't know if I would have even noticed if you hadn't asked specifically about it. Overall the track sounds good to me.


Posted by MSZ on Oct-13-2013 01:06:

Lol yea, it has a left-side bias, was trying out some techniques. Hopefully the fix doesnt cause phase issues, time to learn some more

edit, fixed it.

I listen to a lot of amazing mixes, but my mixes never translate very well. I long for the day when im actually a great producer.


Posted by Juan Paulino on Oct-13-2013 01:30:

quote:
Originally posted by MSZ
I long for the day when im actually a great producer.


You got the juice now.


Posted by meriter on Oct-13-2013 18:06:

okay this is done, thanks tyler for saying how repetitive the middle part was, the changes I made ended up being my favorite part of the track


Posted by evo8 on Oct-13-2013 18:13:

quote:
Originally posted by meriter
okay this is done, thanks tyler for saying how repetitive the middle part was, the changes I made ended up being my favorite part of the track



I want to like this but just cant get into the groove of it, sorry!


Posted by evo8 on Oct-13-2013 18:14:

trying to keep it dark and heavy what do yous think? Too muddy? not grooving enough??


Pages (262): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 »

Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright © 2000-2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.