TranceAddict Forums

TranceAddict Forums (www.tranceaddict.com/forums)
- Australia
-- DJ whore/promo thread
Pages (65): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »

Posted by christos on Nov-18-2006 04:43:

c'mon lets leave Mortyman alone, he's just another dude trying to get out there....I mean, everyone starts somewhere.

Mortyman, I reckon if you toned down some of those self gratifying commments and kept things 'real', you'll be all the better for it.

Posted by Dj_Es-Dva on Nov-18-2006 09:26:

Rysh - Summer Snow Mix 06

1. Jean Michel Jarre - Oxygene IV
2. Margot - Torch (Extrawelt Remix)
3. Invisible Inc. - Stars (Sleepfreaks Remix)
4. Starecase - Vapour Trails
5. Flying Doctors - We Make Contact (Oliver Lieb Mix)
6. Aphex Twin - Windowlicker (Kriece Mix)
7. Loafer - Dirtbike
8. Luke Dzierzek - One Day
9. Ap/dB - Vermouth
10. Mad Arps - Slowin It Down (Chables It Broke Remix)

If for some strange reason anyone wants to listen to this, links are available here:
http://trancetribe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7188

plus information on why its in that format...

Posted by christos on Nov-19-2006 04:55:

hmmmmmmmmmm....might give your mix a listen

Posted by Light The Fuse on Nov-19-2006 06:01:

I know GateCrasher is still over a month off - but just a little bit excited.
So i did a little Unofficial GateCrasher Warmer Upper mix to keep y'all excitied.

Tracklist;-
1. Magic Island - Paradise (Sonecta mix)
2. M.I.D.O.R. - Glow
3. Sound Fiction - Sometimes
4. Lovac - One Night Winter (Johan Chatowski Dub)
5. Mory Kante - Narama (Jurgen Vries mix)
6. Marco V - Any Better, Or?
7. Cosmic Gate - Should've Know (Dub)
8. Disco Brothers - Come with Us (Dedicated to Mark Wilson of the Disco Bros. who died earlier this week)
9. Hemstock and Jennings - Tears of an Angel (Dub)

Runs about an hour. Probably my best ableton mix to date. Captures the GateCrasher vibe for me

[[ LINK REMOVED ]]

but probably will get hooked up to a faster server soon =)

This is not Fresh11.2 which was uPLoaded earlier this week and is available on my myspace.

Posted by Mortyman on Nov-19-2006 08:50:

quote:
Originally posted by 00soups00
i know what your saying mate, and seriously its partly an aussie thing, partly a TA forums thing. I sometimes gloat abotu how awesome i am, and download my mix and look at my international guests on my radio show.. its partly tounge in cheek, partly serious. Hence why im made fun of on here (also because im a real fcukwit) but if you can laugh at yourself then it invariably envokes respect and people will take on what you have to offer rather then resenting it...

I can totally laugh at myself, I know I do and say dumb things all the time, and even call myself on it. but the fact remains, I'm being poked fun of by people that don't know me. I just choose not to feed the beast, but when it comes to something I'm passionate about... it's hard to turn the other cheek. I don't take it personally though, It's all taken with a grain of salt

quote:
Originally posted by 00soups00 havingt said all that, i listened to your mix, and i liked it but it wasnt my kinda thing.. and yes 3 tracks by the same artist in a mix is too much.. go search for lesser know tech tunes and therein lies the challenge...

all the best mate

fair enough, thanks for listening, that's all I'm tryin to get people to do here. You liked it but not your kinda thing? Maybe you'd enjoy my last mix a bit more... only 1 svd track
I do have lots of lesser known tracks too, just can't afford to get them all on vinyl. Travelling makes it very difficult to keep the vinyl collection up-to-date.

quote:
Originally posted by Philby
by telling us twice that you mixed it only in your headphones and it was the 2nd mix you recorded in a day makes it sound like you suffered to bring us this mix and we should all be greatful. that's how you sound bigheaded

Why do you get the impression I think you should be greatful?
I think you read into it too much. Relax eh.

quote:
by looking at a tracklist and listening you can't put yourself in the place of the dj and feel what they feel? isn't that going to make more of a difference than reading a paragraph on their inspiration?

If you read carefully, I said only by reading a tracklist... obviously you have to listen to it too.... which you obviously don't do with my mixes, and you're quite insistent on giving me feedback on something you haven't even heard yet.

quote:
what do you mean passion and energy are lost because everyone wants to be a dj? you sound like one of those jaded underground band lovers "oh they used to be good but now they're too mainstream"??

Exactly! Many people, especially here in Au, people don't mix because they are passionate about it. They mix because they think they're somehow cooler or girls will like them when they tell people they're a dj. "Hey come over to my house and check out my cool set-up. I don't know jack shit about the music or how to work this stuff, but it's still cool right?"

Whatever.

Rysh I like the title of your new mix.

Posted by eRRaTiK on Nov-19-2006 09:12:

quote:
Originally posted by Mortyman
Relax eh.

TOTALLY Canadian!

quote:
Exactly! Many people, especially here in Au, people don't mix because they are passionate about it. They mix because they think they're somehow cooler or girls will like them when they tell people they're a dj. "Hey come over to my house and check out my cool set-up. I don't know jack shit about the music or how to work this stuff, but it's still cool right?"

I'm going to have to agree with that to some extent. Interesting observation from a visitor to our shores (though you're pretty much partly Aussie now lol).

Posted by DJ_Ballistic on Nov-19-2006 09:45:

quote:

Who gives a toss?

I think waaaaaaaaaaaay too many people overplay the role of the dj.

dj'ing is just playing tracks, you don't need to masturbate over your record collection to do it.

don't kid yourself dj'ing is not an elitist past time, nor should it be, cause at the end of the day a dj is an entertainer and if you can't do that, nobody will give a shit about how much blood, sweat and tears u put into a set, whether or not u mixed in ur headphones or that you mixed another set that same day.

Posted by Dr P on Nov-19-2006 11:29:

dj = jukebox without coins slot

Posted by pkcRAISTLIN on Nov-19-2006 12:44:

quote:

oh, ok. so youre more passionate about it than us aussies? if you say so.

word ballistic.

Posted by Philby on Nov-19-2006 12:45:

quote:

If you read carefully, I said only by reading a tracklist... obviously you have to listen to it too.... which you obviously don't do with my mixes, and you're quite insistent on giving me feedback on something you haven't even heard yet.

i'm not giving you feedback on your mix, i'm giving you feedback on your comments about your mix

Posted by Mortyman on Nov-20-2006 04:09:

quote:
Originally posted by pkcRAISTLIN
oh, ok. so youre more passionate about it than us aussies? if you say so.

Posted by Dean Millson on Nov-20-2006 04:27:

quote:

That is the most ridiculous comment i have ever heard.

Posted by pkcRAISTLIN on Nov-20-2006 04:28:

quote:
Originally posted by Dean Millson
That is the most ridiculous comment i have ever heard.

dont! he'll roll his eyes at you!

Posted by Light The Fuse on Nov-20-2006 04:31:

id like to know who these dj's on here that do it for the babez? please enlighten us mortyman...

Posted by pkcRAISTLIN on Nov-20-2006 04:31:

a recap:

morty:hey, everyone come to my gig in sydney

auTA: *silence*

morty: well, i expected more support from everyone, i mean, im a DJ! from canada and everything

morty: listen to my mix coz its different and special and i mixed it with my dick and everything!

auTA: youre up yourself.

morty: no im not. im just more into it than you australians blah blah blah. because ive experienced all that the australian scene has to offer, met all the DJs and can easily make this assumption.

Posted by Philby on Nov-20-2006 04:50:

quote:
Originally posted by Light The Fuse
id like to know who these dj's on here that do it for the babez? please enlighten us mortyman...

im trying but haven't gotten very far lol

Posted by pkcRAISTLIN on Nov-20-2006 04:52:

quote:
im trying but haven't gotten very far lol

when you start playing out men from all over melbs will be coming to get some of your action!

Posted by Philby on Nov-20-2006 04:58:

but i want babez not men

Posted by pkcRAISTLIN on Nov-20-2006 05:05:

quote:
but i want babez not men

well, time to update your tracklists then

Posted by Mortyman on Nov-20-2006 11:04:

quote:
Originally posted by pkcRAISTLIN
a recap:

morty:hey, everyone come to my gig in sydney

auTA: *silence*

morty: well, i expected more support from everyone, i mean, im a DJ! from canada and everything

morty: listen to my mix coz its different and special and i mixed it with my dick and everything!

auTA: youre up yourself.

morty: no im not. im just more into it than you australians blah blah blah. because ive experienced all that the australian scene has to offer, met all the DJs and can easily make this assumption.

Posted by MiSSyM on Nov-20-2006 11:22:

quote:
I'm being poked fun of by people that don't know me.

WELCOME TO AUTA! hahahaha

quote:
Originally posted by DJ_Ballistic
dj'ing is just playing tracks, you don't need to masturbate over your record collection to do it.

don't kid yourself dj'ing is not an elitist past time, nor should it be, cause at the end of the day a dj is an entertainer and if you can't do that, nobody will give a shit about how much blood, sweat and tears u put into a set, whether or not u mixed in ur headphones or that you mixed another set that same day.

THERE'S NOTHING BETTER than seeing a dj getting into his music with a true PASSION & there's nothing more BORING then seeing a dj playing his tracks but looking OH SO BORED like a lifeless tree-stump, like he doesnt even want to be there...

LOL @ Mortyman SUPPOSEDLY being stuckup........this coming from people who dont even know him.....typical AUTA style.

quote:
c'mon lets leave Mortyman alone, he's just another dude trying to get out there....I mean, everyone starts somewhere.

Mortyman, I reckon if you toned down some of those self gratifying commments and kept things 'real', you'll be all the better for it

Yeah 'everyone does start somewhere', pity many dont move very far ahead!

LOL SELF GRATIFYING, ive read far worse on this site!

Posted by Aesthetic on Nov-20-2006 21:42:

lol "Yeah 'everyone does start somewhere', pity many dont move very far ahead! ". so harsh missy so harsh. then again how far can a dj really move. besides strangis i wonder if anyone will really make it

* puts flame suit on *.

Posted by pkcRAISTLIN on Nov-20-2006 21:57:

missym should give us all advice, she's taken her fluffing career to new heights!

Posted by DJ_Ballistic on Nov-20-2006 23:32:

quote:
Originally posted by MiSSyM

THERE'S NOTHING BETTER than seeing a dj getting into his music with a true PASSION & there's nothing more BORING then seeing a dj playing his tracks but looking OH SO BORED like a lifeless tree-stump, like he doesnt even want to be there...

nothing better for you, you mean

majority of people out there dont give a fk, doesnt make them dipshits

you're world is not everyones world

i'll use this extreme example to see if i can make my point, i love desyn but if he went to sensation black and played house and bored everyone id call him a twat, coz as much as he loves it, if he cant get a crowd going no one would give a shit

it's all about track selection

Posted by sLiCk_NiCk on Nov-21-2006 00:04:

quote:
Originally posted by DJ_Ballistic
you're world is not everyones world

spot on

Pages (65): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »