TranceAddict Forums

TranceAddict Forums (www.tranceaddict.com/forums)
- Chill Out Room
-- People wake up! iPod sucks!
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »


Posted by CynepMeH on Dec-05-2004 03:09:

People wake up! iPod sucks!

I figure this deserves a topic of its own. Consider this a free will public announcement - for your own benefit.



quote:
Originally posted by Jacklyn
it seems like everyone wants an ipod.


Which I don't understand... iPod is such a piece of shit.... OMG! I have had both and let me tell you - iRiver is the way to go. Here's why:

1. You don't need a stupid fucking iTunes on your system
2. No need to install any additional software period! Just plug in your iRiver and drag the files over - could it be any simpler???
3. Sound quality - 10x better
4. Remote control
5. No battery problems - had mine for more than a year, battery is as good as new
6. Does not die if you leave it in a cold car (iPod baterry discharges in the cold completely)
7. Has a built in radio, microphone (can record wav or mp3) - great for live shows!
8. Cheaper! - the new color iRiver that can also double as picture viewer is 10x better than iPod.

PEOPLE WAKE UP!!!! iPod sucks!!!! But... if you're a lame AOL user and prefer overly complex solutions to make it "easy" for you - well... what can I say...

I bought my wife an iPod and she's not computer savvy and she absolutely hated it! she took my iRiver to try and does not want to return it! Go figure....

And doesn't it look nice:
Oh well, to each his own.


Posted by Tranc3 on Dec-05-2004 03:14:

I've dropped my iRiver twice now and spilled water on it once, and it's still fine.

And yeah, sometimes I leave it in the car overnight and the battery is fine.

It's basically a portable hard drive because it's plug-and-play on XP systems, and plays mp3s and records and whatnot.


Posted by CynepMeH on Dec-05-2004 03:20:

^^^ Which increases its functionality too! With Ipod you can't use it as a hard drive, unless you install drivers and program on a host computer. With iRiver - if you need to use it as a portable storage, go ahead! plug it in and go! I also dropped mine several times, it's solid like a rock! plus it also comes with a leather case. It even has a digital input for recording - so if you want, you can even hook it up to SPDIF or Optical output and record straight to it.

I don't understand the obsession with iPod... but then again, I'm one of those people who doesn't understand the obsession with AOL either. I guess some people just like being lazy, stupid, and force-fed.


Posted by sensorium on Dec-05-2004 03:23:

I had sex with my iRiver a couple of months ago and it didn't get pregnant. Good stuff.


Posted by CynepMeH on Dec-05-2004 03:25:

quote:
Originally posted by ierxium
I had sex with my iRiver a couple of months ago and it didn't get pregnant. Good stuff.


Drugs are bad... MMMOKAY???


Posted by flavdave on Dec-05-2004 03:28:

quote:
Originally posted by CynepMeH
I don't understand the obsession with iPod... but then again, I'm one of those people who doesn't understand the obsession with AOL either. I guess some people just like being lazy, stupid, and force-fed.


It's not really that those people are stupid, it's that Apple has been very successful in marketing the iPod. Most people know what an iPod is, at least most younger people do. Not too many know about iRivers.


Posted by CynepMeH on Dec-05-2004 03:30:

^^^ good point... I guess good marketing never hurts...


Posted by Dmatrox on Dec-05-2004 03:31:

I have no complaints with my ipod.

Ive left my ipod in cold weather ~0 degrees C for 2 days, never discharged.

my 1st gen ipod battery has not died for the 2+ years ive had it, despite what people say

quote:
Has a built in radio, microphone (can record wav or mp3) - great for live shows


If they had that when i was deciding to buy 2 years ago, i would probably go for the iriver.


you can bash whatever technology u want, but each to their own.


Posted by goodgreef on Dec-05-2004 03:32:

i bought my ipod for photo storage for when i was backpacking for four months...and i dont have any complaints about it.

its a harddrive, and sometimes it froze but hey, whatever nothing a reset button didn't fix.

it gave me hours of listening pleasure (i have an extra battery pack for it) and i dont consider myself stupid for buying one.

my music and photos mean enough to me that for four months i feel that the money i spent on the IPOD was money VERY well spent

sure.. there might be better stuff out there, but i got what i want right here and im satisfied and in the end..thats what its all about. customer satisfaction. it really all depends on your expectations.


Posted by goodgreef on Dec-05-2004 03:34:

quote:
Originally posted by flavdave
It's not really that those people are stupid, it's that Apple has been very successful in marketing the iPod. Most people know what an iPod is, at least most younger people do. Not too many know about iRivers.
at the time when i was buying my ipod the iriver had a lot of bad reviews and a person i personally knew had to return an iriver two or three times (THAT'S A LOT OF HASSLE!!!)..


Posted by CynepMeH on Dec-05-2004 03:36:

quote:
Originally posted by Dmatrox

If they had that when i was deciding to buy 2 years ago, i would probably go for the iriver.




Ugh... they did That's why I returned iPod and bought iRiver. I've had mine for almost 2 years...

As far as everything else - iPod is pure marketing. I guess if it works for you - great.

Actually, I was surprised to find out that in new iPods, they don't give you remote anymore and don't give you a leather case. I wonder why? Cost cutting? oh, and the navigation wheel is no longer touch alone, it's touch and push, where's the old one was just touch sensitive.


Posted by goodgreef on Dec-05-2004 03:38:

quote:
Originally posted by CynepMeH
Ugh... they did That's why I returned iPod and bought iRiver. I've had mine for almost 2 years...

As far as everything else - iPod is pure marketing. I guess if it works for you - great.

Actually, I was surprised to find out that in new iPods, they don't give you remote anymore and don't give you a leather case. I wonder why? Cost cutting? oh, and the navigation wheel is no longer touch alone, it's touch and push, where's the old one was just touch sensitive.


the case was never leather.


Posted by Krypton on Dec-05-2004 03:39:

looks like iriver is going to my christmas list.

definately its the marketing.

where do u find irivers?


Posted by CynepMeH on Dec-05-2004 03:42:

quote:
Originally posted by goodgreef
at the time when i was buying my ipod the iriver had a lot of bad reviews and a person i personally knew had to return an iriver two or three times (THAT'S A LOT OF HASSLE!!!)..


Hey, that's possible - you're bound to find someone who has a problem with any product. Comparing apples (no pun intended) to apples, iPod is weak on features, has bloatware that needs to be installed and can be somewhat user-unfriendly, despite all the advertising.

As far as reviews go, consider the source... if you used any of the Ziff Davis sites (CNET, PCWorld, etc) - I don't consider Ziff Davis an objective source... - they are paid advertising machine. I posted several negative reviews about some products on their site and none were published.

Either way - if iPod rocks your boat, rock on.. all I am saying, do a due dilligence don't just follow what U2 tells you to do.


Posted by CynepMeH on Dec-05-2004 03:44:

quote:
Originally posted by goodgreef
the case was never leather.
oh yeah... that's right, it was like vinyl or smth... and the clip broke off on the very first day.

iRiver has a leather case to go with it...

www.iriver.com - no, I'm not a paid agent...


Posted by Dmatrox on Dec-05-2004 03:44:

quote:
Originally posted by CynepMeH
Ugh... they did That's why I returned iPod and bought iRiver. I've had mine for almost 2 years...

As far as everything else - iPod is pure marketing. I guess if it works for you - great.

Actually, I was surprised to find out that in new iPods, they don't give you remote anymore and don't give you a leather case. I wonder why? Cost cutting? oh, and the navigation wheel is no longer touch alone, it's touch and push, where's the old one was just touch sensitive.


i dont remember the features of the iriver back then, but i think ipods were the smallest and i considered another option, but was too heavy and too big.


i hope mp3 players get thinner.


Posted by goodgreef on Dec-05-2004 03:45:

yeah for sure.. anyway i just checked whatever sites i could for reviews.. i did research for about 2 months before i finally went ahead and bought my ipod as it was something i was fishing out a lot of money for and didnt want to spend it on something i would later regret..


i mainly talked to friends (aquientances) who used both products, and asked them what they thought of both... i tried not to look into paid-advertising review sites because they're too biased for my liking.


everyones entitled to their own opinion... but like i said it all depends on what you expect in the first place. i got what i expected.


Posted by Dmatrox on Dec-05-2004 03:50:

Btw, you are wrong about irivers being cheaper

Iriver 20gb - $450

Ipod 20gb - $430

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/pr...51&newdeptid=19


http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/pr...65000FS10043653


Posted by CynepMeH on Dec-05-2004 03:57:

Yeah... but you don't get:

1. build in and external microphone for recording shows
2. Remote control
3. Leather case
4. Optical in/out
5. Support for WMA/Oog/ etc.
6. Better product

Is it worth the extra $20????

Oh... the color one is actually cheaper because of rebates:

http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_...729/promo_id=63


Posted by Photo_bot_2k1 on Dec-05-2004 04:01:

quote:
Originally posted by Dmatrox
Btw, you are wrong about irivers being cheaper

Iriver 20gb - $450

Ipod 20gb - $430

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/pr...51&newdeptid=19


http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/pr...65000FS10043653


lol if you brought it from there you hella got ripped off...
I got my iriver for about 250 bucks and i heard they lowered the price even more since I got mine.
iRiver>iPod end of story.
There is nothing iPod whores can say about thier product that would top the iRiver.


Posted by Dmatrox on Dec-05-2004 04:03:

quote:
Originally posted by CynepMeH
Yeah... but you don't get:

1. build in and external microphone for recording shows
2. Remote control
3. Leather case
4. Optical in/out
5. Support for WMA/Oog/ etc.
6. Better product

Is it worth the extra $20????

Oh... the color one is actually cheaper because of rebates:

http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_...729/promo_id=63


1. Ipod has optional accesories
2. Both have remote control included
3. Both have a carrying case included, no specifics on type
4. Dont know what that is, but there are no specifics for either product on optical
5. That is opinionated
6. You are biased.


conclusion: u are biased


Posted by Dmatrox on Dec-05-2004 04:03:

quote:
Originally posted by Photo_bot_2k1
lol if you brought it from there you hella got ripped off...
I got my iriver for about 250 bucks and i heard they lowered the price even more since I got mine.
iRiver>iPod end of story.
There is nothing iPod whores can say about thier product that would top the iRiver.



CND$

USD$

nuff said


Posted by CynepMeH on Dec-05-2004 04:09:

quote:
Originally posted by Dmatrox
1. Ipod has optional accesories
2. Both have remote control included
3. Both have a carrying case included, no specifics on type
4. Dont know what that is, but there are no specifics for either product on optical
5. That is opinionated
6. You are biased.


conclusion: u are biased


Check your facts, Jack! I pod does not have optional accessories, unles s you consider the charging cradle and usb/firewire cable "accessories" I bought a 40GB iPod last week for my wife (which is going back this week) - it doesn't have remote or case or radio and it sucks big donkey balls.

yeah, I'm biased... I don't like overhyped crapolas.

Here are specs for iRiver:
Color edition:
http://www.iriveramerica.com/products/H340.aspx#

"legacy" edition:
http://www.iriveramerica.com/products/H120.aspx#


Posted by sEpH on Dec-05-2004 04:24:

quote:
Originally posted by CynepMeH
no, I'm not a paid agent...


I dont know why but i dont believe you


Posted by wwu.punisher on Dec-05-2004 04:25:

My 512MB IRiver IFP-195T suits me just fine. I hate IPods.


Pages (7): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »

Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright © 2000-2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.