TranceAddict Forums

TranceAddict Forums (www.tranceaddict.com/forums)
- USA - New York
-- Paul van Dyk @ Summerstage 2004 (Central Park)
Pages (12): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »

Posted by keithos27 on Jun-26-2004 02:22:

Paul van Dyk @ Summerstage 2004 (Central Park)

One word: WET!

Wow, what a great time. I didn't run into any TAs ( ) but I sure did have a blast with the two girls I went with. Holy crap though... it rained non-stop the entire time... I left there with not one inch of my body being dry.

Hope everyone else had a blast as well!

Let's get a tracklisting going already.

-Keith

Posted by InterMilan31 on Jun-26-2004 02:49:

Didn't go but I have some questions.

1. Tracklist - Of course
2. How was the atmosphere especially during the rain? Woodstock vibe?

Posted by partyhopper on Jun-26-2004 03:18:

Wet and wild for sure, and that will make this one to remember.
It didn't dampen the crowd's enthusiasm at all.
Good thing it wasn't lightning or a torrential downpour, but there were constant threats of both.
I thought the raindrops looked cool against the lasers, smoke, and strobe.
PVD seemed to play harder than usual (or at least that I'm used to hearing). Either there was a lot of delay between the front and back speakers, or I heard a few trainwrecks. Still a great set nonetheless. He didn't repeat any tracks.

Posted by Psionic on Jun-26-2004 03:40:

It was fucking awesome! Obviously the rain did not stop anyone from dancing, and yeah he did player harder stuff than usual, which is kind of upsetting because I'm having a hard time regaining my hearing :P

Anyway, it was great to see a lot of TAs, some new and some I even saw earlier at Sasha's Involver promotion.

As for tracklists, I have no clue, but I know I heard these:

Paul van Dyk vs. Second Sun - Crush (remix)
Randy Katana - In Silence
Randy Katana - In Silence (Txitarro Remix)
Paul van Dyk vs. Marco V - For An Revolt
some remix of Oceanlab - Satellite I never heard before
some remix of a tune by Ade Fenton (found in the I Love Techno 2003 DVD)

...yeah I suck :P

Posted by ogvh5150 on Jun-26-2004 03:59:

He played some tracks from Bacardi/Ministry of Sound.

BTW whats that track he played around 9:00 the one with the piano?

Also he didn't play that many of his own songs for all you PvD haters out there. Maybe like one or two.

Posted by Vlad on Jun-26-2004 04:02:

Soon my review shall comith...

Posted by DR86 on Jun-26-2004 04:21:

pics and review tomorrow. and vlad, it's "cometh".

Posted by LordQuinnTrance on Jun-26-2004 04:44:

Smiley DJ

My camera maybe dead do to water Man that was a wet and wild summerstage Soaked to the bone Met a few more TA's and had lots of fun. Hope some peeps could get pics without there cameras getting ruined. Lasers looked especially nice when the focused around PVD and he looked like he was surrounded in a wall of light.

Posted by colibri on Jun-26-2004 04:52:

b e l l i s i m o s e t

best performance i've heard in a long time
the rain enhanced every aspect of
the party i loved it
spirit will be
perfect
too

Posted by bond007 on Jun-26-2004 04:53:

indeed it was amazing......pics anyone?

Posted by ArminD1981 on Jun-26-2004 05:03:

Dancing Dude

The Rain made the show f... unique....
PVD is awesome...
highlight of the night EENNNEEEERRGIZEEEEE,Energize,ENERGIZE....

Posted by Uebermann on Jun-26-2004 05:16:

Took shower.....changed clothes....ate.....drank...puffed

OFF TO SPIRIT

Posted by MykonosBoy22 on Jun-26-2004 05:35:

Good time, unbelievable, it was like a miniature version of the love parade, everyooooooone was lit and drunk half naked, the rain was pouring down, pvd is playing thunderstorm effects, the beginning reminded me of the movie Blade, where the sprinklers go off and blood comes out and everyone flips out, it was great, defintely a day to remember. set was alil hard,and some odd moments in his sets where it was dying out, but he got it going again real good. two thumbs up from me. and the lasers and lights were also a sweet deal. just hope armin wont rain though, as much fun it is dancin in rain i rather stay dry.

Posted by keithos27 on Jun-26-2004 06:25:

Yeah... It was a great time! He definitely played harder than usual... I think that had to do with the circumstances... I think he wanted to keep the crowd motivated. Who knows... How/why should I know... I'm crunk.

-Keith

Posted by sunnyval on Jun-26-2004 06:37:

omg what a nite. i was there early and the clouds were coming in...i knew it would pour and that it did. i had a blast for the most part so lots of familiar faces. It was nice meeting Sandstorm and Vald. i also met the Atlanta Tas w/ scott. Cool bunch great time. i almost bailed after hr #3 but scott convinced me to tough it out. We were truley Dancing in the Rain. Hope u all had fun at spirit. Between the rain, moving of the dj booth, great vibe(everyone was so happy-no attitude)and the ball drop. great party overall.

Posted by toxa on Jun-26-2004 08:26:

definitely was a cool experience, although like someone else already mentioned i hope it wont rain for armin, cuz it did make the experience a little less enjoyable. PvD definitely played a lot more "techy" than I am used to hearing from him.

Btw...what a surprise when I heard the words "...Another fucking love song" come from the speakers, great toon but I would never think pvd would play it.

Posted by LuNaSeA on Jun-26-2004 09:19:

quote:
Originally posted by Galapidate

Paul van Dyk - For An Angel (Nu NRG Remix)

whatchu talkin bout foo?!

PvD vs Marco V - For A Revolt
*aka revolt vs. for an angel*

had a very magikal time, couldn't care less for the music pvd was playing-- the rain was fucking awesome and made the entire night so special

Posted by DjDeComp on Jun-26-2004 09:22:

Posted by Vlad on Jun-26-2004 11:26:

Um yea, firstly, its Summerstage, not Summer State.

The CP party was insane... blah blah blah... mucho agua... blah blah blah... mucho lloviendo... blah blah blah... TONS OF FUN IN THE RAIN!!! I dont know if it could have gone any better, although some of the females were getting alittle cold, this was fucking crazy...

As for PvD... obviously he knows how to beatmatch... the flow was nor here nor there, but he kept the place pumpin with a set that was majority hard trance, tech trance and some techno - which made me happy.

Track of the night for me:

MIB - Keep Pushin'

Want a tracklist?

FUCK YOU! You should have been there!

Posted by Phazon on Jun-26-2004 11:33:

Thought it was cool when he played that african type song from the opening theme of Black Hawk Down.

Posted by PvDoBseSSioN on Jun-26-2004 11:37:

its 7-30 n i just got home. sick nite overall!!! i liked spirit better then summerstage because there was no rain but summerstage was still fun i was up front chillin and met a couple TA's (cant remember now...) got some pics which i will post up later on or tomorro, and i got a 2 minute movie too. i dunno his set didnt impress me much, there was nothing really special that stoodo ut to me. so CP was over so i took da subway n changed in the car. put my vandit shirt on and lets go!!! it was my first time in spirit and i was not disappointed. the vibe was awesome, the people were cool. Paul's set was good but im surprised he didnt bring back some old classics from the TWILO days... o well. i was up front jumpin around like usual. it wasnt as packed as i thought it would b but its better that way. ohhh one thing that absolutely SUCKED BALLS!!!!!!! the fuckin fog up front was fuckin killin everybody, wat da hell was up with it???? it was constantly on and nobody could see shit for like 3 hours. but anyway im happy cause it was a good nite and i got my flyer signed by the one and only PvD!!! well im now off to work from 8am to midnight with no sleep im gonna die!!! i will post further information later

Posted by Haunted on Jun-26-2004 12:10:

quote:
Originally posted by PvDOBseSSioN
its 7-30 n i just got home. sick nite overall!!! i liked spirit better then summerstage because there was no rain but summerstage was still fun i was up front chillin and met a couple TA's (cant remember now...) got some pics which i will post up later on or tomorro, and i got a 2 minute movie too. i dunno his set didnt impress me much, there was nothing really special that stoodo ut to me. so CP was over so i took da subway n changed in the car. put my vandit shirt on and lets go!!! it was my first time in spirit and i was not disappointed. the vibe was awesome, the people were cool. Paul's set was good but im surprised he didnt bring back some old classics from the TWILO days... o well. i was up front jumpin around like usual. it wasnt as packed as i thought it would b but its better that way. ohhh one thing that absolutely SUCKED BALLS!!!!!!! the fuckin fog up front was fuckin killin everybody, wat da hell was up with it???? it was constantly on and nobody could see shit for like 3 hours. but anyway im happy cause it was a good nite and i got my flyer signed by the one and only PvD!!! well im now off to work from 8am to midnight with no sleep im gonna die!!! i will post further information later

haha, yea the fog was gay as hell. so you got your flyer signed? i saw you holding it up for over an hour

Posted by Haunted on Jun-26-2004 12:12:

i had a great spot, right in the front, right in the center, so i barely got wet till the end.. but the speakers were right infront of me so i was deaf as hell after, now im even deafer cuz of spirit

wayy too much techno, not enough trance. but had a great time, liked Spirit more. dunno why, except for the groping

Posted by trunks1022 on Jun-26-2004 12:21:

omg summerstage... what a fun night. could care less about the rain, but the people... the music. the lights... i can see why people raved about it last year. great seeing a whole group of TAs in force. COULD NOT find erin for the life of me at either summerstage or spirit camera and phone got so waterlogged that they would not work properly. but they're working fine now. i'm glad about that. post pics tomorrow...

Posted by NY1004 on Jun-26-2004 12:36:

Summerstage was seriously like the EDM version of woodstock. AMAZING!! I liked his set a lot better from last year. Great meeting Fr0st, MissBliss, TranceEyes!, BxNemo and bubbleravegirl. And to all the other TA's great seeing you all as usual. The rain didn't really bother me too much until around 9pm when I started to get fockin cold. But those group hugs were nice. It was awesome hearing FX Zone - Synthasia!!! Thats one of the few that I remember.

I didn't really want to head back home to the Bronx soaking wet, so ate a light dinner with Mets4012 and Holycow...the people in the diner were looking at us all weird hehe, but whatever we were hungry.

Pages (12): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »