Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
tranceaddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas > West Coast / Las Vegas EDM Event Listings > Past Events > 2012.05.16 [LA] JOHN DIGWEED @ THE MAYAN
Pages (10): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
gypsygirl
Energizer Bunny

quote:
Originally posted by dollaroff
Fantastic.

Got my ticket.

I think once I get old and crusty (think 40+), these are probably the nights I'll still be going to.

hey i'm 40 and the last i looked, i don't look so crusty
age is just a number, do what makes you happy all the time at any age

Old Post Mar-24-2012 00:53  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for gypsygirl Click here to Send gypsygirl a Private Message Add gypsygirl to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
gypsygirl
Energizer Bunny

quote:
Originally posted by DjWoody
Have you been to a Digweed show on a Wednesday night? It's completely different crowd than you see at any of those venues that you mentioned. Day and night. They don't go out to see Digweed because of bottle service, overpriced ticket prices, and for sure they don't go because of the eye candy. Digweed on a Wednesday is everything those venues aren't. Fuck, the Mayan is in a shitty neighborhood, it's dirty, smells like ass, it's tagged up, it's hot, it's old, it's runned up, but you know what? That makes it special. It has character. Something that those venues lack.

Most people that go out on Wednesday to see Digweed are old schoolers who grew up listening to his music. The crowd is much older and you def don't get jersey shore crowd. You get some, but not many. Like Billy said, the vibe there is awesome, very old school. It's like a big reunion where people like me who don't get to party much anymore get a chance to come out and hang out.

i think you just talked me into going, gonna take the day off afterwards. i remember last year, everyone came out and it was so great to see so many familiar faces and friends!!! and his sets at the Mayan are always top notch!!!!

Old Post Mar-24-2012 00:59  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for gypsygirl Click here to Send gypsygirl a Private Message Add gypsygirl to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
fantasyexctasy
Supreme tranceaddict

They really screwed up scheduling this during finals week. Some of us went back to school dammit! The 2010 night right before the Lakers game 7 against Boston was a magical week for me

Old Post Mar-24-2012 01:23  Palestine
Click Here to See the Profile for fantasyexctasy Click here to Send fantasyexctasy a Private Message Add fantasyexctasy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
djjoshuaallen
livin the dream

quote:
Originally posted by fantasyexctasy
They really screwed up scheduling this during finals week. Some of us went back to school dammit! The 2010 night right before the Lakers game 7 against Boston was a magical week for me

That was an epic 24 hours. Digweed AND a championship!

Old Post Mar-24-2012 02:17  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for djjoshuaallen Click here to Send djjoshuaallen a Private Message Visit djjoshuaallen's homepage! Add djjoshuaallen to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
dollaroff
Doing stuff 16h a day

quote:
Originally posted by gypsygirl
hey i'm 40 and the last i looked, i don't look so crusty
age is just a number, do what makes you happy all the time at any age

40+

Yes, but not acting our age sometimes is fun.

Busy, busy, busy.

Old Post Mar-27-2012 04:20  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for dollaroff Click here to Send dollaroff a Private Message Add dollaroff to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
gujubadboy
tranceaddict in training

quote:
Originally posted by DjWoody
Yuuuuupp!!

Only diehards come out on a Wednesday. Such an awesome crowd and amazing vibe.

Flying in from SF on Wed evening. Flying back in the morning. Diehards = you got that right.

Old Post Mar-28-2012 01:33  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for gujubadboy Click here to Send gujubadboy a Private Message Add gujubadboy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
dJohn
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Flying in from SF on Wed evening. Flying back in the morning. Diehards = you got that right.

Gangsta.

Old Post Mar-28-2012 18:54  South Korea
Click Here to See the Profile for dJohn Click here to Send dJohn a Private Message Add dJohn to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Cool1g
Supreme tranceaddict

i've always been more a Sasha guy than a Digweed guy.... but I gotta say Digweed played the best tunes i've heard him drop at the Bedrock party last week... might stop by for this one!

EDC Las Vegas week presale tickets!
Create Nightclub guest list RSVP

Old Post Mar-28-2012 19:19  Christmas Island
Click Here to See the Profile for Cool1g Click here to Send Cool1g a Private Message Add Cool1g to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Pookie
tranceaddict

Purchased my ticket. Can't wait!

Old Post Apr-03-2012 18:02  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Pookie Click here to Send Pookie a Private Message Add Pookie to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Leesuh
tranceaddict in training

I've never seen Digweed live so this is very tempting. Now I just need to find people who are willing to go out on a Wed like me

Old Post Apr-05-2012 05:18  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Leesuh Click here to Send Leesuh a Private Message Add Leesuh to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
dollaroff
Doing stuff 16h a day

quote:
Originally posted by Leesuh
I've never seen Digweed live so this is very tempting. Now I just need to find people who are willing to go out on a Wed like me

Um, most people on this thread?

I think I got 5 of my friends that are planning to come out for this gig...

Busy, busy, busy.

Old Post Apr-05-2012 23:27  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for dollaroff Click here to Send dollaroff a Private Message Add dollaroff to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DjWoody
Chingon

I gotta buy 2 more tickets! ha!

Old Post Apr-05-2012 23:53  Mexico
Click Here to See the Profile for DjWoody Click here to Send DjWoody a Private Message Visit DjWoody's homepage! Add DjWoody to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

tranceaddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas > West Coast / Las Vegas EDM Event Listings > Past Events > 2012.05.16 [LA] JOHN DIGWEED @ THE MAYAN
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (10): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread