|Originally posted by in2muzikk |
Yeah, your options are basically:
- Check out Monday at 11am after getting back exhausted from a long night at EDC (party goes until sunrise and it takes like 45 minutes to get back from the Speedway).
- Leave EDC a lot earlier, but who wants to do that?
- Reserve a room with late checkout at time of initial reservation (costs $10 plus tax per night above the "regular internet rate"). So you'd pay $11.20 extra per night and also lose any promotional discounts. Assuming 3 nights are booked at $100/night using a 30% discount promotion, that would be approx. $100*.30 x 3 + $11.20*3 =$124 extra to extend check out until 3 p.m. This "late checkout" promotion also ends May 31st, so it's not yet available for June.
- Give the desk clerk a $20 slipped between credit card and driver's license upon check-in. There's actually a website I saw once with reviews from people who did this, ranged from success to getting the money returned with a look of disgust, so YMMV.
- Pay for Monday night when making the reservation which gives you checkout anytime up until 11 a.m. on Tuesday. The EDC rate for Monday is currently $59/night plus tax and resort fee, or ($59+15)*1.12= $83 (yeah, they charge tax on the resort fee, but so do the other Casinos).
- Pay for late check out at the desk while at the hotel, usually the worst option since it depends on availability, and they have you right where they want you, tired with wallet open...will likely cost the same or more for 4 hours as you could have got for another whole day, and they may still say "sorry, not available!"
hmm.. I read about the $20 trick, like you said it all varies. I booked one of the packages through Insomniac, combining all three things (hotel/ticket/shuttle) it was the best deal I found at the time. Although now that I read the fine print it looks like the resort fee's might be extra so we'll see.
Anyways, sounds like I should just add an extra night. The cost is worth it instead of acting like a zombie all afternoon in/at who knows where.