Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
tranceaddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas > West Coast / Las Vegas EDM Event Listings > Past Events > 2012.03.17 [LA] ASOT 550 @ Beyond Wonderland
Pages (30): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
jmosely87
tranceaddict in training

omg why would fei fei play a set like that!!! Quazar said it best trance family freakin hates dub step music with a passion so why play it when you kno 95% of people is there for trance music i mean come on the stage is called a state of trance. like dj woody said i can see if maybe she drops a dub step song here and there but she clearly played 90% dub step smh. And to top that off did you hear her interview with armin after she was done wowwwww!!! she was so disrespectful cussing dropping the f bomb and just speaking in a tone like she didnt care. You are being interviewed with one if not the biggest dj in the world on his radio station with millions of people listening to you live. why swear and act so unprofessional. im not trying to bad mouth the chick because i dont get down like that and i respect what she does but come on that was just so rude am i wrong???????

Last edited by jmosely87 on Mar-20-2012 at 05:20

Old Post Mar-19-2012 23:27  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for jmosely87 Click here to Send jmosely87 a Private Message Add jmosely87 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DjWoody
Chingon

quote:
Originally posted by rowdy
Chris Liebing 8:00-9:30

Absolutely destroyed the dancefloor with MASSIVE MASSIVE HEAVY BASSLINES!!!!!!!! Great stage presence as well.

AWESOME! Good to hear. I'm gonna catch him on Wednesday night in Mexico City! Can't wait!!!!

Old Post Mar-19-2012 23:32  Mexico
Click Here to See the Profile for DjWoody Click here to Send DjWoody a Private Message Visit DjWoody's homepage! Add DjWoody to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Cool1g
Supreme tranceaddict

if she's been going in this direction for a while, wouldn't it maybe be on Armin for booking her?

i'm in full support of someone playing what they want, but i kind of agree that i'd be annoyed if I was at a trance stage and heard primarily dubstep or any other non-trance style, regardless of who was spinning it.

Follow EDM Life on Twitter!!!
EDMLife.com
WMC/MMW/Ultra Week presale tickets!
Follow EDM Life on Instagram!

Old Post Mar-20-2012 00:58  Christmas Island
Click Here to See the Profile for Cool1g Click here to Send Cool1g a Private Message Add Cool1g to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
bigperf
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by 72hrpartyanimal
her actions may be the biggest career move for a dj or biggest blunder of all time.

lets see what happens

what ever happened with that website take over was it a hoax? i dont know the facts BUT if a hoax then wasnt that an attempt at a "career move" that turned into a blunder?

Old Post Mar-20-2012 01:46  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for bigperf Click here to Send bigperf a Private Message Add bigperf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
GPC
Old World Fart

Insomniac did a amazing job once again. Turned out to be a great event despite the weather which was not as bad as I was prepared for. I just wish ASOT 550 would have been Armin Only.

We were pre-partying with a group of friends at our place while Fei Fei's set was on and I think everyone was shocked at what she was playing. Pretty much everyone has known her for a long time and no one knew she played dubstep. Granted, we are all trance and techno people who despise dubstep, but she should not have been booked to open the trance stage. Has nothing to do with beeing narrow minded like I keep hearing. Let her open up the techno stage and see what the tech heads say let alone on a worldwide trance broadcast. I find it disrespectful, not rebellious. I repect her and wish her the best though. Just stick her in the DnB/dubstep room next time.

In general, I'm not real happy where most trance is right now and wasn't too thrilled with the linep save Armin and the performances further enforced it. I enjoyed Shogun and Sied van Riel but the rest until Armin were just blah. And good lord how Gareth Emery continues to get shittier and shitter everytime I see him. Please quit booking him for trance events. He is a douche house DJ of the worst kind now. Completely sold out. Its a shame because he was in my top 5 for years. And do DJs even pay attention to what the previous DJs play? Do I really need to hear the same (bad) track 3 times on the same stage?

And while I'm bitching, there really needs to be more mens bathrooms. Everytime I went to the bathroom, tons guys were just pissing everywhere out in the open. ugh, pigs! These aren't Insomniac's faults butt they can be addressed in the future.

End of rant, sorry.

In the end though, all was wonderful once Armin went on. Just needed way more than 2 hours. Was great to see that huge ass tent packed and going off. I do kind of wished we got VIP for this. The VIP area for the trance stage was pretty nice and in a great location plus you have VIP bathrooms. Maybe next time...

Old Post Mar-20-2012 04:14  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for GPC Click here to Send GPC a Private Message Add GPC to your buddy list GPC is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MelBeat
Supreme tranceaddict

VIP upgrades were selling for $100, so I passed

Old Post Mar-20-2012 04:25  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for MelBeat Click here to Send MelBeat a Private Message Add MelBeat to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
GPC
Old World Fart

quote:
Originally posted by MelBeat
VIP upgrades were selling for $100, so I passed

Ouch!

Old Post Mar-20-2012 04:52  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for GPC Click here to Send GPC a Private Message Add GPC to your buddy list GPC is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
msilin
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by GPC
And while I'm bitching, there really needs to be more mens bathrooms. Everytime I went to the bathroom, tons guys were just pissing everywhere out in the open. ugh, pigs! These aren't Insomniac's faults butt they can be addressed in the future.

End of rant, sorry.

In the end though, all was wonderful once Armin went on. Just needed way more than 2 hours. Was great to see that huge ass tent packed and going off. I do kind of wished we got VIP for this. The VIP area for the trance stage was pretty nice and in a great location plus you have VIP bathrooms. Maybe next time...

Agree with you re: bathrooms. I do think that was Insomniac's fault - they had no one directing the line for the bathrooms so it just turned into a mess, and they probably should have had more bathrooms set up. Standing in a puddle of what was most likely pee was not enjoyable.

But yeup, the last 2 hours made it all worth it. Armin was awesome - my gf and I cut in from the side to get up toward the front and had a blast. I can't stop listening to his set. That "Fusion" track is absolutely fire, and listening to Brute brings shivers to my spine. Well done, hopefully Armin will do a solo Armin Only or ASOT show in LA in the future, without any other stages. Not really sure why he hasn't done so yet.

Old Post Mar-20-2012 06:51  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for msilin Click here to Send msilin a Private Message Visit msilin's homepage! Add msilin to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
raveed
- -

quote:
Originally posted by msilin
hopefully Armin will do a solo Armin Only or ASOT show in LA in the future, without any other stages. Not really sure why he hasn't done so yet.

He did an "Armin only" in 2009 for TAO on NYE. Another was planned for Monster Massive last year but the entire event got cancelled because go ventures screwed up the location. In fact, the whole reason ASOT 550 came to LA was as a gesture on Armins part to make up for the cancellation.

Old Post Mar-20-2012 07:37  India
Click Here to See the Profile for raveed Click Here to Email raveed Click here to Send raveed a Private Message Add raveed to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
msilin
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by raveed
He did an "Armin only" in 2009 for TAO on NYE. Another was planned for Monster Massive last year but the entire event got cancelled because go ventures screwed up the location. In fact, the whole reason ASOT 550 came to LA was as a gesture on Armins part to make up for the cancellation.

What I was trying to say is that he should do the event on his own, rather than being part of a festival with multiple stages. I was at Armin Only in 2009 but it wasn't REALLY armin only bc deadmau5 was playing at another stage, there was a drum n bass stage, etc.

There should be an event with one stage - ASOT or Armin Only. Or a multi-stage ASOT event like the one in Den Bosch or Moscow this year. Armin keeps talking about how the US is the place to be now, but he doesn't seem confident enough to book his own event in LA quite yet (although he did Giant Village in 2007 I believe?). Tiesto just did it, Armin should go that route as well, IMO.

Old Post Mar-20-2012 17:56  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for msilin Click here to Send msilin a Private Message Visit msilin's homepage! Add msilin to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by msilin
What I was trying to say is that he should do the event on his own, rather than being part of a festival with multiple stages. I was at Armin Only in 2009 but it wasn't REALLY armin only bc deadmau5 was playing at another stage, there was a drum n bass stage, etc.

There should be an event with one stage - ASOT or Armin Only. Or a multi-stage ASOT event like the one in Den Bosch or Moscow this year. Armin keeps talking about how the US is the place to be now, but he doesn't seem confident enough to book his own event in LA quite yet (although he did Giant Village in 2007 I believe?). Tiesto just did it, Armin should go that route as well, IMO.

i do agree with you but it kind of depends on the promoter that your working with. most artist that come in to town rely on a local promoter. Tiesto hired insomniac to promote his tiesto in concert shows or just like LED (or whoever is in charge) hired Skills to do the upcoming "i love this city" show.

Old Post Mar-20-2012 18:12  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for 72hrpartyanimal Click here to Send 72hrpartyanimal a Private Message Add 72hrpartyanimal to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MelBeat
Supreme tranceaddict

Kaskade and SHM promote their events on their own though.

Old Post Mar-20-2012 18:51  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for MelBeat Click here to Send MelBeat a Private Message Add MelBeat to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

tranceaddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas > West Coast / Las Vegas EDM Event Listings > Past Events > 2012.03.17 [LA] ASOT 550 @ Beyond Wonderland
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (30): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread