Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
tranceaddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas > West Coast / Las Vegas EDM Event Listings > Past Events > 2012.03.17 [LA] ASOT 550 @ Beyond Wonderland
Pages (30): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Quazar
still likes trance

Man, what an insanely fun night, despite the weather.

Armin impressed the hell out of me. I was expecting cheese, but he played a beautiful set. My other two favorite sets of the night were Adam Beyer and JOC.

Excellent weekend.

quote:
Originally posted by Sushipunk
At least last time you Brits got pissed off, we got punk music out of it. This time, it'll probably just end up being embers breaks

Old Post Mar-19-2012 10:10  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Quazar Click here to Send Quazar a Private Message Add Quazar to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
msilin
Supreme tranceaddict

just got back from Arty at Playhouse - great job, no mixing issues, lots of great tracks. Definitely redeemed himself! Asot550 lives on! Hope Armin Only and/or ASOT comes back ASAP.

Old Post Mar-19-2012 12:13  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for msilin Click here to Send msilin a Private Message Visit msilin's homepage! Add msilin to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Yookeroo
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by roxb0x
The crowds on a personal level were disappointing. No matter where we went throughout the ASOT area (front & center, middle & center, sides throughout), people just had to shove their way in and around us every 5 minutes.

I've gotten more tolerant of pushy people ever since I noticed that the level of pushing is usually caused by an E-puddle that has plopped down nearby. I don't know who is more inconsiderate, the E-puddlers or the smokers on the dance floor.

Old Post Mar-19-2012 12:55  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Yookeroo Click here to Send Yookeroo a Private Message Add Yookeroo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trancelover24
Supreme tranceaddict

great article sparked by Fei Fei thanks bucky

http://beatsmedia.com/special/has-edm-lost-its-p-l-u-r/

Old Post Mar-19-2012 16:22  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Trancelover24 Click here to Send Trancelover24 a Private Message Add Trancelover24 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
KarenLuvs2Party
Max Graham's #1 Fan

quote:
Originally posted by Trancelover24
great article sparked by Fei Fei thanks bucky

http://beatsmedia.com/special/has-edm-lost-its-p-l-u-r/

i feel like plur left massives a long time ago.. i had a nice dose of it at the last EDC in Los Angeles.

even before saturday.. i was on insomniac's FB page and saw all these posts from pple saying shit like "who's feifei? she better play trance or imma smack that bitch...." etc..

society and the younger generation are just shittier and shittier.. toss in some drugs and a large crowd.. and it's no fun.. (unless you're completely blitzed out of your mind.. then u really wouldn't care wtf is going on around you)

Old Post Mar-19-2012 16:59  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for KarenLuvs2Party Click here to Send KarenLuvs2Party a Private Message Add KarenLuvs2Party to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trancelover24
Supreme tranceaddict

The way that I see is that Fei Fei was provided with one of the biggest opportunities that any up and coming DJ could ever want. I mean to be able to get exposure to such a HUGE audience is something some can only dream of. The slot that Fei Fei got was primetime in Europe and had a potential listeners in the millions. Fei Fei knew that she was playing at an event on the A State of Trance stage and she shouldíve played a proper set. Instead she decided to say f%^&* to all the attendees and refused to play anything but trance. All that this did for her is turn off many potential fans and booking agents that maybe couldíve had been listening to her set.

I mean one of the best examples for me has to be Aly & Filaís set during ASOT 250. At that point the duo of Aly & Fila were known, but they did not have the GLOBAL exposure. Their ASOT 250 set blew these guys out into the global spot light, ever since then they have gone on to travel and play at the biggest festivals and clubs worldwide.

Now, Fei Fei saw this opportunity and I donít know what she was thinking, or not thinking, but to have a set like this is a complete joke. She acted like she has name recognition and that she could just play whatever she wanted. I mean who cares if this is her style now, she is a professional and any professional DJ should have the capability to rearrange their set to align with the venue or type of event they are playing. I mean the songs that Fei Fei is known for in the larger EDM community is the trance/techno productions that have her name tagged to her on the online record stores.

Itís funny to me that Armin interviewed Fei Fei after her set and asked her, so you changed your style huh? And she was like YES! And fuck whoever doesnít like it. OKAY.
Anyway, in the end who knows what Fei Fei wanted to get from playing such a risky set, but I hope that whatever she was trying to do have been accomplished.

Oh yes, since when are we not allowed to voice our opinion on the music that we doní like? I mean, I personally only pay for TRANCE events and Trance DJís. Thatís my choice and I choose to support what I like.

Old Post Mar-19-2012 17:31  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Trancelover24 Click here to Send Trancelover24 a Private Message Add Trancelover24 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jonmitz
soundcloud.com/jonmitz

quote:
Originally posted by in2muzikk
Not this year, still deciding on EDC. Fucken economy, as they say...

i havent seen you in forever. ive decided for you - you will go to EDC.

quote:
I arrived at 4pm and they made me down my *sealed* 5 hour energy right there on the spot, as if it were a critical threat to bring to the event. They also tossed away my eye drops for a slight case of pink eye that I showed the guy, at which point his supervisor told me to go buy a new sealed box so I could bring it in. Really? Does a <1 oz. bottle of visine pose that much of a threat from someone who is showing the obvious medical need for?

1. Do you not go out much? - only once or twice have I ever been able to bring outside liquids into a venue, certainly never at a music festival. Pretty shitty, but this is how basically every venue in the entire world works. Better suck it up and get used to it or shove it up your ass for later extraction

2. Both eye drops and liquid mint containers are often used to store liquid LSD. LSD isn't ever going to kill anyone, but it is highly ostracized in our political environment (thanks 70's). LSD is one of the safest chemicals on the planet but regularly sees life imprisonment for the manufacturers. the more you know...

Last edited by jonmitz on Mar-19-2012 at 19:11

Old Post Mar-19-2012 17:44  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for jonmitz Click Here to Email jonmitz Click here to Send jonmitz a Private Message Add jonmitz to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
trance_seeker
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Yookeroo
I've gotten more tolerant of pushy people ever since I noticed that the level of pushing is usually caused by an E-puddle that has plopped down nearby. I don't know who is more inconsiderate, the E-puddlers or the smokers on the dance floor.

Yeah the E-puddle problem is that people are pushing around it and then people almost fall over the people sitting down and fall back trying to avoid the puddle.

I think the smokers are more inconsiderate though because unlike the puddles where you can see them and avoid them yourself, smokers just light up right next to you. I had way more people lighting up next to me than people just deciding to sit on the floor. I did notice security shining lights at smokers to tell them to stop but there are just way too many. When I got home my clothes smelled like I came back from Vegas. And on the bright side, if there is a puddle in front of you, you have a nice unobstructed view of the stage and I prefer that over smokers next to me or shirtless sweaty guys jumping up and down and falling back on me.

Anyways quick review:

Visuals. I was actually expecting more from the ASOT stage visuals. I was hoping for displays on the side or ceiling like Escape or Nocturnal but it felt like it was just the older trance stage, just extended. Extended a lot. That was a looooooooooong stage. Unlike past Wonderland events where Alice's House stage had so many visuals and the Madhatter's Castle stage was so plain, at Beyond they were pretty comparable. That's probably why I was not impressed as much with the ASOT stage.

Crowd. Like other people have said, having the VIP close off the left side of the floor on the ASOT stage caused a lot of pushing with people trying to get in and out since there was no quick exit from the side. It was really a journey just to get out. When trying to get out with people pushing me from behind, I felt like a rag doll being swept away with the current. The past massives have been so crowded that I gave up drinking alcohol the last 3 times I've gone just because I didn't want to deal with having to make the journey to the bathroom and come back. Not all bad though, since I save a lot of money on drinks

DJs. I mainly came for ASOT 550. Armin is still one of my favorites and he always seems like he's having the time of his life up there. It was my first time seen Adam Beyer and I thought he was pretty good. Digweed was a good primer for the May show. Can't wait for that one. I just wished I could have caught Dubfire.

Full playlist of the videos from that night - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL166FE46BFFB59E15

Here are some of them ->

Shogun

Adam Beyer

Armin

Digweed (1st song track ID please, that track has been stuck in my head)

Old Post Mar-19-2012 17:59 
Click Here to See the Profile for trance_seeker Click Here to Email trance_seeker Click here to Send trance_seeker a Private Message Add trance_seeker to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

her actions may be the biggest career move for a dj or biggest blunder of all time.

lets see what happens

quote:
The way that I see is that Fei Fei was provided with one of the biggest opportunities that any up and coming DJ could ever want. I mean to be able to get exposure to such a HUGE audience is something some can only dream of. The slot that Fei Fei got was primetime in Europe and had a potential listeners in the millions. Fei Fei knew that she was playing at an event on the A State of Trance stage and she shouldíve played a proper set. Instead she decided to say f%^&* to all the attendees and refused to play anything but trance. All that this did for her is turn off many potential fans and booking agents that maybe couldíve had been listening to her set.

I mean one of the best examples for me has to be Aly & Filaís set during ASOT 250. At that point the duo of Aly & Fila were known, but they did not have the GLOBAL exposure. Their ASOT 250 set blew these guys out into the global spot light, ever since then they have gone on to travel and play at the biggest festivals and clubs worldwide.

Now, Fei Fei saw this opportunity and I donít know what she was thinking, or not thinking, but to have a set like this is a complete joke. She acted like she has name recognition and that she could just play whatever she wanted. I mean who cares if this is her style now, she is a professional and any professional DJ should have the capability to rearrange their set to align with the venue or type of event they are playing. I mean the songs that Fei Fei is known for in the larger EDM community is the trance/techno productions that have her name tagged to her on the online record stores.

Itís funny to me that Armin interviewed Fei Fei after her set and asked her, so you changed your style huh? And she was like YES! And fuck whoever doesnít like it. OKAY.
Anyway, in the end who knows what Fei Fei wanted to get from playing such a risky set, but I hope that whatever she was trying to do have been accomplished.

Oh yes, since when are we not allowed to voice our opinion on the music that we doní like? I mean, I personally only pay for TRANCE events and Trance DJís. Thatís my choice and I choose to support what I like.

Old Post Mar-19-2012 18:04  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for 72hrpartyanimal Click here to Send 72hrpartyanimal a Private Message Add 72hrpartyanimal to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
slaveofreality
Junior tranceaddict

Awesome event overall for me. The production in the ASOT stage was top notch, probably the biggest L.E.D. wall I have ever seen, my only compliant about the production is that the sound was not as loud and thumping in the outside tents as years past but I know there has been many noise compliant's from the surrounding areas so they probably had to turn it down a bit.

The techno stage was dope too, there was plenty of room to dance and move around and it was nice and toasty inside hehe, the people that were in there were dancing and having a great time. Awesome vibes in the stage, Chris Liebing brought the earth shattering bass, my goodness it was relentless. Adam Beyer threw down a nice diverse set, really enjoyed it. Dubfire was pretty good as well, pretty minimal set but still banging. Kinda bummed I miss out on all of Digweed

Did anyone catch Digweed???

JOC had the best set of the ASOT stage hands down, straight bumping 140 Trance right the start, nothing but tech/trance bangers. Had the crowd going off. I got some good footage of his set. Fila was also good, Gareth Emery played very a mainstream trouse type set, did not enjoy it and left the satge after a few songs. AVB threw down a good set, good but not great, track selection was excellent but just wasn't feeling the flow of his set. Was nice to hear some classic's mashed up with newer tracks. Still he delivered and I left a happy camper despite falling and eating shit hard early in a puddle inside the ASOT tent and losing my cell phone and being soaking wet by the end of the night lol.

Old Post Mar-19-2012 18:05  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for slaveofreality Click Here to Email slaveofreality Click here to Send slaveofreality a Private Message Add slaveofreality to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
slaveofreality
Junior tranceaddict

Old Post Mar-19-2012 18:06  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for slaveofreality Click Here to Email slaveofreality Click here to Send slaveofreality a Private Message Add slaveofreality to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
KarenLuvs2Party
Max Graham's #1 Fan

quote:

im all for voicing opinions on music.. but dropping sexist remarks like that article showed from FB posters and me reading some of that violent hate comments on insomniac's FB page even BEFORE feifei played is a bit much... i mean really..is that necessary?

there's plenty of djs i dont like but i dont go to the point of saying shit like that..which ties back to the lack of plur and just partiers vibes being so shitty lately...

Old Post Mar-19-2012 18:08  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for KarenLuvs2Party Click here to Send KarenLuvs2Party a Private Message Add KarenLuvs2Party to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

tranceaddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas > West Coast / Las Vegas EDM Event Listings > Past Events > 2012.03.17 [LA] ASOT 550 @ Beyond Wonderland
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (30): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread