Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
tranceaddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas > West Coast / Las Vegas EDM Event Listings > Past Events > 2010.07.02 [SF] SPUNDAE | Laidback Luke @ Ruby Skye
Pages (6): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
California LT
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by bigperf

i think the crowd will be there more so due spundae/ruby + holiday weekend than lbl.
put lbl at temple or some other venue and i dont think he draws too well.(IE Morillo a couple of years ago)

Personally, I am going b/c Laidback Luke is one of my favorite DJs of the last few years.

It's funny you mention that Morillo show. It was pretty packed, but the energy was just blah. In fact, has anyone ever gone to a Temple show with any real energy...ever? I keep wanting to enjoy the place b/c the venue is pretty cool (I've gone like 10 times), but it just never happens. Every now and then temple will pull decent house acts and while the artist may play well the crowd is usually not into it.

Alright, now I'm done hating.

All I know is, the Laidback Luke show is one of my most anticipated shows of the summer so far and I cannot wait.

Old Post Jun-10-2010 17:20  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for California LT Click here to Send California LT a Private Message Add California LT to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
bigperf
Supreme tranceaddict

not hating, just not sugar coating it. if luke brings it(which im sure he will) he is going to make a lot of new fans(which implies they arent fans YET), that's all.

Old Post Jun-10-2010 19:41  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for bigperf Click here to Send bigperf a Private Message Add bigperf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Nerologic
Reduce Reuse & Recycle

We will never agree on this topic.

I give up, you win.

Old Post Jun-10-2010 20:43  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Nerologic Click here to Send Nerologic a Private Message Visit Nerologic's homepage! Add Nerologic to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
bigperf
Supreme tranceaddict

^^ lol. i hadnt gone back to this thread, just now saw the pic. well i get to check luke on sunday at wet, with benassi, who i assume is the "draw" here. but again, a rocking set by luke is all it takes to make new fans, looking forward to it.

Old Post Jun-24-2010 02:19  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for bigperf Click here to Send bigperf a Private Message Add bigperf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Alain
Supreme tranceaddict

Definitely looking forward to this opening, I've been collecting specific tracks just for this night.

[Download Mix] Live Recordings @ Ruby Skye + Upcoming Gigs

Old Post Jun-24-2010 02:33  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Alain Click Here to Email Alain Click here to Send Alain a Private Message Visit Alain's homepage! Add Alain to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DaveT
NEED PERSONAL COPY-EDITOR

quote:
Originally posted by bigperf
and ruby will be packed this saturday as well, but it wont be due to hernan cattaneo...ask people at the door as they come in what their favorite track/remix of hernan is and they will likely respond "hernan who?"

they will be there due to it being a saturday night at ruby not due to hernan. it being the white party guarantees a full house which im not sure hernan could do at such a big venue(this aint vessel)

you mean pitbulls track....
I'll make sure to ask at work what people think of the new "laidback luke track"

and a day later ask what they think of the new "pitbull track"

I've got a feeling...(Woo hoo) that i get some "who's that" as the answer to question #1.

If Ruby did a DJ Chuckie 18+ show on an off peak night, I bet you the place would be slammed no matter what. Not sure about 21+ crowd, thoguh.

Old Post Jun-24-2010 04:32  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for DaveT Click here to Send DaveT a Private Message Visit DaveT's homepage! Add DaveT to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Andrieux
Machine

quote:
Originally posted by Nerologic
Nice!

I'm looking forward to party in SF again, its been a while for me. I will try to convince Luke to play a little longer.

I'll be coming by for this. Let's get drunk!

LBL's set at Vessel last time was pretty whack though, I will blame the venue and give him a fair shot at Ruby. I remember Max Vangeli trainwrecking the entire opener (per usual) and terribly set the mood for LBL and the crowd (which was also pretty bad). But I know this won't be a problem with Alain opening.

Really looking forward to upstairs with Dirtyhertz and all the eye candy too

Old Post Jun-30-2010 23:26  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Andrieux Click here to Send Andrieux a Private Message Visit Andrieux's homepage! Add Andrieux to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Nerologic
Reduce Reuse & Recycle

quote:
Originally posted by Andrieux
I'll be coming by for this. Let's get drunk!

Definatly!! It's been a minute since Burridge...

And if Luke dissapoints, I will personally give you a refund for your money!

Old Post Jul-01-2010 00:07  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Nerologic Click here to Send Nerologic a Private Message Visit Nerologic's homepage! Add Nerologic to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
2tall
~!@#$%^&*

quote:
Originally posted by DaveT
If Ruby did a DJ Chuckie 18+ show on an off peak night, I bet you the place would be slammed no matter what. Not sure about 21+ crowd, thoguh.

The recent Chuckie 21+ Saturday @ Ruby was packed well after 3am, especially after Lil John showed up.

Unlike Chuckie whose set was a hit track, then MC'ing over it, another hit track with no transition, scratching, stage diving, cut and play another track, etc... I hope LBL will just play a regular set with actual cohesiveness, as he knows how to. Hopefully he hasn't sunk to playing Las Vegas drunk party crowd sets that this "Dirty Dutch" style seems to defining itself as.

Last edited by 2tall on Jul-01-2010 at 01:23

Old Post Jul-01-2010 01:16  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for 2tall Click here to Send 2tall a Private Message Visit 2tall's homepage! Add 2tall to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Nerologic
Reduce Reuse & Recycle

Here is Luke playing last night. How can anyone compare Luke to Chuckie? Luke DOES NOT use Serato. He is a true DJ, from scratching to looping to on the fly edits he is a VERY good DJ.

His set from last night was NOTHING like the cheese-fest he played at EDC. His set caters to the crowd, and the EDC crowd loves the cheese. His San Fran set will be on the same level as last nights.

Old Post Jul-01-2010 02:31  United States
2tall
~!@#$%^&*

ive been a long time fan of LBL for the good reasons you mention above. it will be refreshing to see a dj do some work behind the decks. but as you mention, there's a wide spectrum of what kind of set he will play and i'm hoping for the best. he was solid last year at vessel on a thursday.

Old Post Jul-01-2010 03:13  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for 2tall Click here to Send 2tall a Private Message Visit 2tall's homepage! Add 2tall to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Alain
Supreme tranceaddict

Spundae welcomes Laidback Luke and Alain Octavo to Ruby Skye on Friday, July 2nd in San Francisco.

Sign up to be on the FREE list when you arrive b4 10:30pm and the $10 discount list b4 11:30pm.

Guest list closes at 6pm on Friday, July 2nd.

http://www.spundae.com/community/ca...idback-luke.php

[Download Mix] Live Recordings @ Ruby Skye + Upcoming Gigs

Old Post Jul-01-2010 10:50  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Alain Click Here to Email Alain Click here to Send Alain a Private Message Visit Alain's homepage! Add Alain to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

tranceaddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas > West Coast / Las Vegas EDM Event Listings > Past Events > 2010.07.02 [SF] SPUNDAE | Laidback Luke @ Ruby Skye
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (6): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread