Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas > West Coast / Las Vegas EDM Event Listings > Past Events > 2010.01.09 [LA] Super8 & Tab | John 00 Fleming + More @ CIRCUS
Pages (10): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
DaveT
NEED PERSONAL COPY-EDITOR

FML

That's all I really have to say.

My car still won't be fixed until probably Tuesday.

Not gonna try to explain anything more, just FML!!!

Hehe. I'd be there for Blank & Jones, esp since Bjorn is coming down from SF with them....but I already have previous plans in San Diego. A BDay party.

We'll try to get to Circus as soon as we can, tough. Maybe for Victor Dinaire night (fiance has been a big fan of his since his live in korea set years ago), if not we'll def try for Tritonal night.

Anything going on Pres Day weekend? While we hope to be up in San Francisco, if things fall through we'll def be heading out this weekend for by BDay.

Old Post Jan-11-2010 06:42  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for DaveT Click here to Send DaveT a Private Message Visit DaveT's homepage! Add DaveT to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
in2muzikk
Supreme tranceaddict

Really fun night at Circus, got there around 10:30 and there was quite a line but it seemed to move quickly (tip: bypass it with a presale ticket!) Soon as I got upstairs to get a drink from Ernesto, Malia reminded me it was almost 11 so time to hit the patio for the TA group pic. Ran into SO many TA's and friends, it was just crazy, and we have a massive TA group shot to prove it!

Got back inside for the last part of Josh's set which was rather dark and hard, interesting way to prep the night for Super8 & Tab (- Super 8, I heard he was on his honeymoon or something). Janne came on at 11:45 and his set was great...filled with so many awesome Anjunabeats tracks and I was impressed with how many people showed up! Crazy light shows too, a big circle opened up in the middle of the floor and Malialand came to life...hula hoops, sabers, glow sticks, yeah...this crowd knows how to party!

I really don't know where the time went, seemed like I blinked my eyes twice and JOOF was coming on! John brought it on dark and hard...not really my thing, though he did get me onto the floor with a few amazing tracks. It started getting cold & drafty after 3 with the crowd lightening up, and I was still cold with a jacket on, so went outside around 3:30 and chatted with more TA's who were hanging out.

My only suggestion would be to bring Super8 & Tab and JOOF back separately for their own headliner sets...their styles of music are like night & day and a lot of the crowd that was there for Super8 & Tab seemed to be outside when JOOF was on and vice-versa.

Maybe Kristina Sky can come back to Circus now too with all the Vanguard stuff up in the air...loved her sets there and she would make an excellent opener for most of the DJ's Circus is booking!

The rest are HERE

Old Post Jan-11-2010 06:56  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for in2muzikk Click here to Send in2muzikk a Private Message Add in2muzikk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
in2muzikk
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by in2muzikk
Ran into SO many TA's and friends, it was just crazy, and we have a massive TA group shot to prove it!

This is what I'm talkin about :

Thanks, Malia!

Old Post Jan-11-2010 08:57  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for in2muzikk Click here to Send in2muzikk a Private Message Add in2muzikk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
system-7
Supreme tranceaddict

geez, look at that crowd!!! nice to see Circus packed.. keep it up.

Old Post Jan-11-2010 18:27  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for system-7 Click here to Send system-7 a Private Message Add system-7 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
blakh0rse
Equus by day DJ by night

quote:
This is what I'm talkin about :

Thanks, Malia!

I missed the TA shot AGAIN?!

Old Post Jan-11-2010 19:52  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for blakh0rse Click here to Send blakh0rse a Private Message Visit blakh0rse's homepage! Add blakh0rse to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
technofriik
Holland Friiiiiiiiiik

quote:
Got back inside for the last part of Josh's set which was rather dark and hard, interesting way to prep the night for Super8 & Tab (- Super 8, I heard he was on his honeymoon or something). Janne came on at 11:45 and his set was great...

Yep, Super 8 is/was on his honeymoon so he couldn't make it to SF or LA. I think Tab's set was quite decent but I didn't get to pay enough attention because I was too busy talking with a fellow Finn the whole time Tab was very happy with the turnout and the vibe, and he thought it was a much better gig than last time when he played for RED. There was some issue with the sound monitors that Tab struggled with a little bit so he couldn't interact with the audience as much as he wanted but he still had a lot of fun.

J00F was great again too, and I totally agree S8&Tab and him should get their own nights at Circus. Unfortunately, I missed the TA meetup because I got to the club so late but I still managed to meet new TAs (Hi Gax and Costizzle! ) and even saw some old TAs I haven't seen in a long time. Good times!!

And Johnny: Thank you!

Old Post Jan-11-2010 19:56  Finland
Click Here to See the Profile for technofriik Click here to Send technofriik a Private Message Visit technofriik's homepage! Add technofriik to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
gax
Supreme tranceaddict

hiiiii technofrik great meeting u! Good to see so many TA's out for this event. Great music all night long, mixed with great people = epic night. J00F as usual stole the night away, even though he was having problems with the 1 monitor they setup (LOL). All in all, great hanging out with costizzle, gypsygirl, gpc, sweetcandygirl, blakhorse, josh, jess, malia, and psiweaver. Till we meet again.

Old Post Jan-11-2010 21:22  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for gax Click Here to Email gax Click here to Send gax a Private Message Visit gax's homepage! Add gax to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
approximalia
Malia | Exchange LA

Super8 & Tab + JOOF Photos!

It was great to see everyone @ CIRCUS on Saturday! It was my first time seeing most of you in 2010, definitely a fun Circus Family reunion! I just finished posting my photos last night, CHECK THEM OUT HERE!

And here's The LMD Office Crew!

View the rest of my photos HERE.

I also want to thank Chris Soltis (Thrax) for taking some really awesome photos! Check out CHRIS' PHOTOS HERE!

02.22 HEIDI | EWAN PEARSON @ INCEPTION (Tickets)
02.28 DON DIABLO @ AWAKENING (Tickets)
03.01 DANNY TENAGLIA @ INCEPTION (Tickets)
03.07 MAX GRAHAM @ AWAKENING (Tickets)
03.21 FEDDE LE GRAND @ AWAKENING (Tickets)
03.22 ADAM BEYER @ AWAKENING (Tickets)
04.06 MARKUS SCHULZ @ EXCHANGE LA (Tickets)
04.11 PAUL VAN DYK @ AWAKENING (Tickets)

Old Post Jan-11-2010 21:58  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for approximalia Click Here to Email approximalia Click here to Send approximalia a Private Message Visit approximalia's homepage! Add approximalia to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
GPC
Old World Fart

Some quality pics there. I'm sure Michelle will add to them shortly. It was great seeing so many TA's I haven't seen in ages. And Circus just keeps delivering. I'm really diggin' what Josh is playing these days. Nice job bro. And congrats on getting to play with JOOF. Super8 & Tab delivered pretty much what I was expecting and it was great to finally see them (him) for the first time. JOOF played a darker set which I prefer to his sometimes relentless psy. Overall a great night and yes, the new taco stand is big improvement. Thanks! Its great to have some good food to eat after drinking all night. Will have to sample it a few more time to be sure

Old Post Jan-11-2010 23:18  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for GPC Click here to Send GPC a Private Message Add GPC to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jimji1005
Senior tranceaddict

That hot dog stand outside by the parking lot... Smells so tempting!

Old Post Jan-12-2010 02:06  Japan
Click Here to See the Profile for jimji1005 Click Here to Email jimji1005 Click here to Send jimji1005 a Private Message Add jimji1005 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
in2muzikk
Supreme tranceaddict

Super shots, Chris! This one's my favorite:

Old Post Jan-12-2010 06:50  United States
djjoshuaallen
livin the dream

I just returned from 8 days in Cancun/Playa del Carmen. My thoughts on the night...

I had alot of fun, and was happy to have so many of my friends show up, which made the night a blast. I think its unfortunate for both J00F and Tab that they were put on the same night, as musically I think it put both of them off a bit. As In2mzik said, Tab's sound is like night and day when compared to John and myself, so it was a bit all over the place. John was left at 138 BPM which didnt leave him much room to play some of the progressive stuff he had planned on. He played much more deep trance imo, along the lines of the newer 00.db stuff, which I am not to fond of. I prefer more of the psychedelic stuff, and John didnt go that direction to much. But you cant really go too wrong with the music for the night, I think we are mostly just very picky and extremely critical around here on TA.

The sound is quite difficult to deal with when the stage is setup in the back of the club. I haven't played back there before this night, and I can tell you that John and myself struggled, and it appears Tab did as well. You cant get a feel for the low end of the sound whatsoever, and with just the one monitor it was hard to feel tracks coming in and overall made it difficult to mix. The production of the stage was excellent though, so many thanks to LMD for putting in the hard work to make it look as well as it did.

Thanks again Loc and Johnny for including me in on such a special night. Cant wait for the next one

Old Post Jan-18-2010 08:29  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for djjoshuaallen Click here to Send djjoshuaallen a Private Message Visit djjoshuaallen's homepage! Add djjoshuaallen to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas > West Coast / Las Vegas EDM Event Listings > Past Events > 2010.01.09 [LA] Super8 & Tab | John 00 Fleming + More @ CIRCUS
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (10): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread