Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > New York City EDM Event Listings > Past Events > 2013.08.30-2013.09.01 Electric Zoo 2013! [CANCELLED]
Pages (42): « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
xpand3r
Supreme technoaddict



Registered: Feb 2010
Location: New Jersey

quote:
Originally posted by Neonbeats
His Asot set was pretty good, although I heard opposite about the attendance


How was the sound coming from the vip box seats?

Old Post Apr-25-2013 05:11  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for xpand3r Click here to Send xpand3r a Private Message Add xpand3r to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
djbkmusic
tranceaddict in training



Registered: Apr 2013
Location: Larchmont
Arrow

I was actually front row for both Ferry and PVD at Ultra, it was much better that people poured out to SHM because it freed up a lot of space to actually dance and move around instead of the incessant shoving match that dominates festivals these days. I thought they both had dope sets, nothing special really but still great. I wish PVD would come to Zoo but it seems unrealistic.

Zoo phase 1 is what is to be expected, it't the mainstage(s) and these days you'll just get all the commercial names that sell tickets. Tents are the only chance you have to get anything good.

Surprised they switched to 18+ actually, simply because there were so many kids there under 18 (including me) and they lose a large portion of that revenue.

Old Post Apr-25-2013 05:38  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for djbkmusic Click here to Send djbkmusic a Private Message Add djbkmusic to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
AY STAR
let the music use you up



Registered: Dec 2003
Location: the county of kings..ny

quote:
Originally posted by xpand3r
How was the sound coming from the vip box seats?


you got hate in ya blood!!!
shutting down vip!!!


___________________
we scream,we dance,we laugh,we love to the beats...non stop with the beats

Old Post Apr-25-2013 13:04  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for AY STAR Click here to Send AY STAR a Private Message Add AY STAR to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ViciousPanda
Supreme tranceaddict



Registered: Oct 2011
Location: New York

quote:
Originally posted by Neonbeats
His Asot set was pretty good, although I heard opposite about the attendance


Like I said, there were a lot more people during PVD's set than it was during Corsten's. So people came back, a lot of them. That simple fact makes your opinion wrong.

Old Post Apr-25-2013 13:07  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for ViciousPanda Click here to Send ViciousPanda a Private Message Add ViciousPanda to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
violethalo
Supreme tranceaddict



Registered: Sep 2010
Location: New York

quote:
Originally posted by ViciousPanda
it's gotta be a troll attempt


Just don't pay attention to him, nobody else does.


___________________
If I can't have everything, well then just give me a taste.

Old Post Apr-25-2013 15:21  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for violethalo Click here to Send violethalo a Private Message Add violethalo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ViciousPanda
Supreme tranceaddict



Registered: Oct 2011
Location: New York

quote:
Originally posted by violethalo
Just don't pay attention to him, nobody else does.

I'm "I come in peace" kinda guy, but yeah I hear what you're saying.

Old Post Apr-25-2013 15:45  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for ViciousPanda Click here to Send ViciousPanda a Private Message Add ViciousPanda to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Neonbeats
Supreme tranceaddict



Registered: Oct 2009
Location: NYC

quote:
Originally posted by djbkmusic
I was actually front row for both Ferry and PVD at Ultra, it was much better that people poured out to SHM because it freed up a lot of space to actually dance and move around instead of the incessant shoving match that dominates festivals these days. I thought they both had dope sets, nothing special really but still great. I wish PVD would come to Zoo but it seems unrealistic.

Zoo phase 1 is what is to be expected, it't the mainstage(s) and these days you'll just get all the commercial names that sell tickets. Tents are the only chance you have to get anything good.

Surprised they switched to 18+ actually, simply because there were so many kids there under 18 (including me) and they lose a large portion of that revenue.


Actually they will probably gain in revenue. They will still sell the same amount of tickets (if not more) and older people spend more money on other stuff.

Old Post Apr-25-2013 21:03  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Neonbeats Click here to Send Neonbeats a Private Message Add Neonbeats to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Neonbeats
Supreme tranceaddict



Registered: Oct 2009
Location: NYC

quote:
Originally posted by xpand3r
How was the sound coming from the vip box seats?


No Miami for me this year. Saved up for Sonar/Ibiza.

Old Post Apr-25-2013 21:04  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Neonbeats Click here to Send Neonbeats a Private Message Add Neonbeats to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Menaschetrois
tranceaddict



Registered: Jan 2013
Location: New York

quote:
Originally posted by Neonbeats
Actually they will probably gain in revenue. They will still sell the same amount of tickets (if not more) and older people spend more money on other stuff.


Why would they sell more? or even the same? If their audience last year was even 10% under 18 year olds, and they can no longer come, how will they recoup those tickets?

Ezoo didn't sell out last year.. or... ever? Because of that, I can't imagine how cutting off 18 year olds would increase revenue. It's not like suddenly there's an influx of people that weren't there last year?

I could be completely missing something here though.

Old Post Apr-25-2013 21:16  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Menaschetrois Click here to Send Menaschetrois a Private Message Add Menaschetrois to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Neonbeats
Supreme tranceaddict



Registered: Oct 2009
Location: NYC

quote:
Originally posted by Menaschetrois
Why would they sell more? or even the same? If their audience last year was even 10% under 18 year olds, and they can no longer come, how will they recoup those tickets?

Ezoo didn't sell out last year.. or... ever? Because of that, I can't imagine how cutting off 18 year olds would increase revenue. It's not like suddenly there's an influx of people that weren't there last year?

I could be completely missing something here though.


The only reason it was all ages was to help sell tickets. They don't need that help anymore. They plan on expanded the festival grounds this year so they will be able to sell more tickets. They obviously feel they will be able to pack he island out with 18+ people or they wouldn't have made the decision. Year after year the demand grows and they finally got to the level or every other festival where they don't need children paying the bills anymore. If last year wasn't sold out it sure was close, the place was completely packed.

Old Post Apr-25-2013 21:25  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Neonbeats Click here to Send Neonbeats a Private Message Add Neonbeats to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dream Beamz
¡Laser Show Specialist!



Registered: Nov 2003
Location: Charlotte, NC USA

Has anyone had the idea that it could have been because all ages festivals puts off a really bad image when your 12 year old comes back home rolling and not just high on weed.

New York has tried to clean up their club image for years and EZ sure is not helping. Government payoffs only go so far.

Old Post Apr-30-2013 05:58  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Dream Beamz Click here to Send Dream Beamz a Private Message Visit Dream Beamz's homepage! Add Dream Beamz to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Neonbeats
Supreme tranceaddict



Registered: Oct 2009
Location: NYC

quote:
Originally posted by Dream Beamz
Has anyone had the idea that it could have been because all ages festivals puts off a really bad image when your 12 year old comes back home rolling and not just high on weed.

New York has tried to clean up their club image for years and EZ sure is not helping. Government payoffs only go so far.


Well this is def the reason. God forbid someone OD's. It's one thing for a 18+ "adult" to OD. It's another for a 17 or below "child" to OD. The NY media would run wild with a child's death. Made would be destroyed.

Old Post Apr-30-2013 14:28  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Neonbeats Click here to Send Neonbeats a Private Message Add Neonbeats to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > New York City EDM Event Listings > Past Events > 2013.08.30-2013.09.01 Electric Zoo 2013! [CANCELLED]
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (42): « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Jump:

All times are GMT. The time now is 13:08.

Forum Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is ON
vB code is ON
[IMG] code is ON
 
Search this Thread:

 
Contact Us - return to tranceaddict

Powered by: Trance Music & vBulletin Forums
Copyright ©2000-2019

Privacy Statement / DMCA